Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

+7
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) Empty The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:45 pm

On May 2nd,1958, a lonely figure in a white robe appeared to a young man, and said the following words:

"Chosen by Fate. Enabled by Power. Charged by Man. You are the Gifted."

And then he vanished.

That young man became The Avenger, the world's first superhero, with the strength of twenty men. On October 30th, the same year, another arose with the same story; Instinct, with his amazing speed and reflexes.

And every year since then on those two dates the mysterious figure, who came to be known as The Giver, would appear to someone. And they would become a Gifted, granted with powers beyond belief. Some became heroes, some became criminals and terrorists. Some went into hiding. Some rubbed off onto others, creating the Knacked; with far more minor and specific powers. Some found other ways to match the Gifted, through technology and training, calling themselves the Normals.

It is now 2014. There are now 108 Gifted in the world, and innumerable Knacked and Normals. And not all are friendly.

And so governments everywhere are starting the Leagues; groups of heroes, stationed across the world to handle threats of all sorts. And you are going to be one of them.

With that out of the way. I need to go soon so I'm just going to cover the essentials. This is a Play-By-Post, Living Legends campaign (No ponies!). I'm shooting for about 4 or 5 players; I already have two of those spots (maybe) reserved. I'd like players who can post once, maybe twice a day. Skype is not necessary, but I would love it if you had it.

We are using the Modern system (That is, with Abilities.) I have heard that the developers are working on re-vamping it into a new version; we will be switching to it once it comes out. I am quite open to older talents and custom stuff; I will assign point values, however, so ask first. The old Elements/Virtues and Magecraft will not be permitted. (This includes the old Laughter, especially; It just doesn't fit in well.)

We will also be using my One Size Fits All supplement; it's in my signature. You MUST define your default size, along with a precise height and weight. Yes, it's important. While not necessary, I would love to see someone with powers or abilities based off the idea as well. (Not powerful enough for you? I'm trying to tweak it, let me know. And be more creative...)

Make sure too to specify whether your character is Gifted (Having been visited by the Giver), Knacked (Gifted Parents or close friends), or Normal (Tech and training.)

Characters:

Last edited by Crystalite on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 6 times in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Why are people making interesting campaigns I really shouldn't be entering due to running multiple campaigns?  Sad 
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:26 pm

Crystalite wrote:On December 1958

On October 30th, the same year,

Emphasis mine. October comes before December, so perhaps you meant the next year? Just a little error I noticed.

Last edited by Dusk Raven on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:
Crystalite wrote:On December 1958

On October 30th, the same year,

Emphasis mine. October comes before December, so perhaps you meant the next year? Just a little error I noticed.[/i]
Truly, The Giver has powers beyond our comprehension...

Sadly, I'm already in a superpower-based game. That doesn't stop me from joining this one, but it's not like no one will join this one or anything...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Fixed the date issue. I could've sworn I fixed it already, but apparently not... Oh welp.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Hey, I just so happen to have a superhero character that's been around since LL began.

Upside, he's a superhero, and fits perfectly with this game.

Downside, he's been seen before, his backstory can sometimes be hard to swallow, he's still in the old GE version, and he's been slated to play on another game-whenever THAT actually happens.  

But here's Phoenix, once again.

Last edited by Bronymous on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:28 pm

How will you regard stats in this game? You may want to note where things sit as far as super -> normal citizen -> injured/debuffed/invalid. I'd assume that a skill at 5 would be a normal human being but low for a super. Having 7-8 across the board is your Captain America style pinnacle of normal human strength. 10+ is genuine super power. NPCs or players that are specialized and have 3 wind up being noticeably weaker than a normal human.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Yes please! I'm a big fan of the superhero genre, so I'm going to leap at the chance to take part in this. I don't have a character yet- I finally have a reason to read the LL book- but I'm definitely interested in playing some sort of a Speedster gifted.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:21 pm

People are posting - can't tell if there's roooooom

I'd like in if possible. That being said, even if there is room, I'm already in a few campaigns and do not yet have skype so you might want to choose someone else.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 pm

You know, I think I would like to try out after all, if there's still space. Someone needs to show that Telekinesis is the best superpower, after all. May I try building a character?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:51 pm

I think I'll back out since there's a fair bit of interest. Plus, my character would have been a psychic with the telepathy/telekinesis combo so it leaves that conceptual spot open. I may still offer suggestions or NPCs, though.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:22 am

@ Bronymous: I am assuming Phoenix is Gifted? I said you should specify. You will also need to drop the old Changeling's Trickery, the old Element Of Magic, and the Racials/Talent barrier. You should double check everything else and make sure it's up to date as well; PM if there's anything missing from the Modern system and I'll give out point values.

@ Zammy: Good question about stats. Human average is 6. 4-5 is weak, but not crippling so, and 3 is bad news (I will house rule that if you have a three I will select an appropriate Disability to go with it.) 7-8 is Adventurer level: think Batman or Captain America. 9-12 is considered Superhuman. A Stat of 12, much like 3, will also likely have some peculiar Consequences.

@ Me: Let's see, we have Bronymous, Cavalry, mjh6, maybe APW, and maybe ZamuelNow. I have a spot for Pezkiller, but if he doesn't claim it soon he's out. Nobody has completed sheets (You don't count, Brony, until it's updated.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:29 am

Oh no, I'm completely bowing out, especially with two newer players wanting in. Funny since I started working on a sheet but I'm in multiple campaigns and GMing multiple. May PM you some stuff though.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:02 am

I would appreciate that.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:04 am

Wow, I half want to givemy character a 12 just to see what the Consequences would be. Putting together a sheet right now, so we shall see.

So, how would Arcana work in this game, anyway?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:12 am

Perhaps it should be a stat of 15 is extraordinary with the accompanying consequences? 10 in an attribute and then an expert skill puts you at 15 and adding a training puts you at 18.

@Crystalite: Any particular rules or quirks you'd have for building NPCs?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:57 am

Nonono. An attribute of 12 has consequences. A skill higher than 12 I couldn't care less about.

As for NPCs, if you could get me on Skype that would help. It's 10 o'clock AM here as of this post.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Okay, first draft is done. And yes, Serena is ready for some Consquences.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 pm

No Iron Pony? Or is it not in LL?

You also still need a height and weight. (I'm assuming Medium sized.) Derp. Saw it. You also have the following Consequence:

Consequence: Psychic Vulnerability (0)
You are capable of some amazing mental feats that pair well with your Normal physical abilities. But you are not invincible; you are highly vulnerable to Psychic Attack. You suffer a -5 penalty to all skill checks to resist or circumvent mind affecting abilities.

Stick that at the top of your Abilities, along with your default Size.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:29 pm

Iron Pony (well, Iron Man) is in LL. Saving it for down the line.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Gotcha.

...I'm a giraffe! Watching you type is fun.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Okay. Now that that's done, a few questions:

Could I use Advanced Telekinesis to lift people weighing less than 300 (counting the Mental Muscles boost) pounds? Or only objects?

I'm still curious how Arcana works in this game.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Arcana is used for (nearly) anything involving Psychic effects.

And yes, you can do that with Advanced TK; but they may struggle, in which case the check depends on circumstances.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Okay, so can I use Athletics as my flying skill, or do I need to use Arcana?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Whatever works for you; TK Flight is basically flavor.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next