Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

+7
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 14 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  mjh6 Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:53 pm

It's okay for now, I chose a few more enchantments and reflavored her abilities. Later, I'm calling dibs on the ability that lets you destroy Magic with Might, if that's allowed.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 14 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:21 pm

mjh6 wrote:Later, I'm calling dibs on the ability that lets you destroy Magic with Might, if that's allowed.

It's borderline encouraged since Sunderblde is allowed in all my campaigns. Plus, that is one of her most explicit holes in her build right now.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:55 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
A1C Bronymous wrote:I'll need to know about our custom superpowers, though. Specifically:
Will of Fire (4)
You have an (un)natural affinity for pyrokinesis. You may create fire from nothing but air, increase its size, spread it, control it, extinguish it, and otherwise manipulate it around you. (Examples: lighting a torch, put out a dumpster fire, write messages in the air with flames, or leave a burning signal for others to see). HOWEVER, manipulating very large flames, fire over a large area, or complicated patterns require an Arcana check against a DC set at the DMs discretion. The fire you produce acts like a regular flame, and will spread if not controlled, or go out without active maintenance or other fuel.

I need to think about it.  While I personally tend to lean against custom abilities to avoid balance headaches, I was leaning towards letting that one in as a sort of grandfather clause for prior players and because it's a rather specific fusion.  It would explicitly require Arcana checks for the bigger stuff and not sure of cost due to comparison with base fire affinity.

It was pretty well balanced, base fire affinity is 1 point, this is four. And it was intended to only use Arcana for the high level stuff. Also keep it mind its meant to be balance by my custom Weakness, which is also listed on my sheet, but blacked out because not everyone's supposed to know what it is. Obviously as DM you would know it though, so I'll PM it to you if you want.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Alright, an attempt at Iron Maiden.  Based the concept partially off Copper's prior image but made the hair tied back and revealed less skin per mjh6's original request.  Used a lot of grey and gold to fit her family's metal theme.  Added pouches due to the updated character sheet.  Thought a shield made sense but that's easy to change. A cape is easy to add if you care for one.  Any questions, comments, suggestions, or ridicule for it?

Iron Maiden:

Probably attempt Scratch later.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Looks great! I think she looks like a superhero, but also a gangly teenager, which I also think of when I think of Claire. I'm going to say that this Claire is fifteen, and in this univers, Serena was not Gifted, and Claire looks up to her.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:08 pm

Them derp eyes, though....
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Iron Maiden looks super cool! I'm glad that's a thing that exists. Thanks for making it, Zamuel. Is it weird to say thanks for things that have nothing to do with me?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 am

Tried to match a lot of what was already done but I did take some liberties.  Sorta feel this is a first draft of sorts since something feels off to me about it.

Scratch:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:45 am

*squee*

I love it! Especially the jacket! That is now his cannon riding jacket!

The only issues I see are the hair, which strikes me as the best we have in this system, and the lack of headphones, which was my mistake in all honesty. So it's pretty much awesome! Thank you!
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:17 am

One of those is an easy fix if you're okay with them being subtle:

Scratch with headphones:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:24 am

Scratch with headphones! I'll add this to the character sheet ASAP tomorrow, with your permission. Thank you!

And subtle is totally okay. I imagined them being rear hitching headphones half the time anyhow.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 pm

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t922-heromachine

Found some of the HM3 tutorials and posted a thread for those who want to experiment with it some more.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:38 pm

So I guess since we do get to have custom superpowers and whatnot, I'm going to go ahead and port Phoenix for this game:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SPBYI3WaIBJ4w2U7dNiHddBW1re2CiHJIl6mWzsGmp4/edit#

I have his skills done, and managed to cut his Abilities down to 20 points (gonna look for a one pointer to fill in the gap). Combat won't be done until I have actual time on my hands, so weekend probably.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14