Alternate Boon structure document

Go down

Alternate Boon structure document

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:55 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nWIeT2juoMHXEGVdaU1Et31i1jF2PSJXKdD7XDmjPgU

Mostly inspired by the "The State of Boons" thread, this is a restructuring of the old boon documents from player level up rewards to more GM focused rewards.  While most feedback didn't seem that interested since this is mostly an adjustment as opposed to a ton of new material, figured I might as well post it for those who might be able to use it.
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alternate Boon structure document

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:32 pm

I must admit... Having Boons be more set up to work as a GM handled thing could be better as a whole for the system.
Xel Unknown

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Can you clarify what you mean by that Xel? I'm interested.

Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:02 pm

I find boons to be a neat feature of the system... But after a while the only thing that is really cared about is the mechanics it can give people. There's like zero flavor reasoning ever if any for what to pick from and even then, most of the newer set are hard to flavor into being anything other then an extra game mechanic that the group can use for help or something. But if the boons were retooled into being a type of GM rewards system. That'd help the system in two ways I figure, 1) helps give the GM ideas on what to do, or just helping in some minor ways (something this system lacks majorly is ANY GM help...) 2) makes it easier for the GM and players to feel like they're being rewarded for what they do in-game.

Then again, I don't have high hopes of such ideas getting in any way helpful given what I've seen happen over my time with this game system.
Xel Unknown

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Actually, creating a set of pre-designed GM-Rewards has often been a thing we've talked about - and were actually one of our plans when not importing boons to the new system.

Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down