Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mane Six Combat Talents + Build Help

4 posters

Go down

Mane Six Combat Talents + Build Help Empty Mane Six Combat Talents + Build Help

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 am

Not sure where else to post this... but I've been working on a sextet of combat builds themed after each of the Mane Six... or at least, what they might be if transmogrified into Pony Tales/Living Legends characters a la Friendship is Dragons. I decided to post them here to get input on them, which I need as I intend to use these six as test subjects players when trying out new monsters and such.

The basic concepts are as follows:
Twilight Sparkle: Nuker
Applejack: Tank
Rainbow Dash: Striker
Rarity: Debuffer
Fluttershy: Healer
Pinkie Pie: Buffer

These builds are far from complete, which is why I seek input on them. Some of them don't even have their full set of eight combat talents picked out. I'll post them below, see if I can't get any input on them. Moves are currently unflavored.

Twilight Sparkle:

Special:
Be Prepared
8: Deal 1d10 damage to target creature.

10: Target creature gains 2d12 hp.

12: Target creature gains Resist 3d8 until the end of your next turn. In addition, until the end of the encounter you and up to six allies gain access to all their combat talents, instead of just the ones they selected for this battle

Moves:
[+3] Critfisher – Standard Utility
Choose one;
A) Roll two dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll both dice from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).
B) Pay 2 energy. If you do, roll five dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll all five from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).

[-1] Lightning Bolt - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10+X  damage to target creature where X equals the number of energy you spent last turn.

[-3] Wave of Zeal - Standard Attack
Each allied player may pay 1 energy. Deal Xd8 damage to up to six creatures, where X is the number of energy paid this way.

[-7] Electrocution - Standard Attack
Deal 1d4+1d6+1d8+1d10+1d12 to target creature

[-8] Hyperbeam - Standard Attack [Created by Bronymous]
Deal 3d20 damage to target creature and skip your next turn. If you roll a 20, activate all 3 of your special moves (for each 20 you roll).

[-9] Inferno - Standard Attack
Deal 3d8 damage to up to six enemies.

Applejack:

Special:
Knight’s Presence
8: You gain resist 5 until the end of your next turn and target enemy must attack you on its next turn.

10: Up to two target allies cannot be attacked until the end of your next turn.

12: Halve all damage target ally takes for the rest of the battle.

Moves:
[+2] Perfect Focus - Standard Utility
You gain resist 3 until the end of your next turn. At the start of your next turn, if you have not taken damage since you last used this ability, you gain 2 more energy.

[+2] Defensive Fighting - Standard Attack
Deal 2 damage to target creature and gain resist 2 until the end of your next turn.

[+2] Survival Skills - Standard Utility
You regain 1d12+3 hp

[+1] Demand Duel - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature. If that creature damages one of your allies on its next turn, that creature suffers 1d8 damage.

[+1] Guarded Stance - Standard Utility
Until the end of your next turn, you take half damage.

[-2] Defender - Interrupt Utility
Trigger – An ally is targeted by an attack.
Effect - The triggering attack hits you instead.

[-2] Fists of Fury - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to up to two target creatures. Those creatures suffer a -2 penalty to damage until the start of your next turn.

[-7] Frostfall  - Standard Attack
Deal 2d12 to target creature and 1d12 to creatures adjacent to the target. The primary target is stunned until the end of its next turn.

Items:
Lifebound Armor - 1000 gold
Armor
You have regeneration 2.

Jenkins’ Fried Chicken - 2000 Gold
Trinket
You may use the following combat talent twice per battle.

[-1] LEEEROOOY JEEEENKINSS! - Minor Utility [2/Battle]
You let out a taunting and idiotic shout. All enemies suffer a -5 penalty to damage on attacks that do not include you as a target until the end of your next turn.

Rainbow Dash:

Special:
Buccaneer Blaze
8: Deal 1d8 damage to target creature and each creature adjacent to the target.

10: Deal 2d8 damage to target creature and that creature is blinded until the end of your next turn.

12: Deal 2d10 damage to up to six creatures and 1d10 damage to yourself.

Moves:
[+3] Critfisher – Standard Utility
Choose one;
A) Roll two dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll both dice from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).
B) Pay 2 energy. If you do, roll five dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll all five from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).

[+1] Gather Energy - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

[-3] Blood Cleave - Standard Attack
Deal 3d10 damage to target creature. You lose 1d10 hp.

[-3] Furious Rage - Standard Attack
Deal 2d10 damage to target creature. If you are bloodied, you 3d12 damage instead.

[-9] Berserker’s Rage - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle you suffer Vulnerability 4, and once per round when you make a single-target attack, you may have that attack deal +3d6 damage.

[-X] Payday - Standard Attack
Roll Xd4. Deal that much damage to target creature. For each 4 you roll, you and target ally each gain 1 energy.

Rarity:

Special:
Crippling Strike
8: Blind target enemy (save ends)

10: Blind and weaken target enemy (save ends both)

12: Blind target enemy and it suffers vulnerability 3 and 5 ongoing damage (save ends all)

Moves:
[+3] Draw Blood - Standard Utility
Target creature suffers 1 ongoing damage (save ends).

[+2] Psychic Anomaly - Standard Utility
You and target enemy suffer vulnerability 4 (save ends).

[-1] Whirling Blades - Minor Attack
Deal 2 damage to target creature

[-2] Where it Hurts – Interrupt Utility
Trigger - You attack an enemy suffering from a (save-ends) effect.
Effect - The triggering attack deals 1d12 extra damage to that enemy. You may use this talent only once per turn.

[-2] Wheel of Fortune – Interrupt Utility
Trigger – An enemy attacks you or one of your allies
Effect - Reselect the attack’s target at random.

[-3] Explosive Arrow - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature. At the beginning of that creature’s next turn, it and all creatures adjacent to it take 1d10 damage and are dazed (save ends).

[-3] Expunge - Standard Attack
Remove all (save ends) conditions from target creature. Deal 2d8 damage to that creature for each effect removed this way.

[-8] Family Recipe - Standard Attack
Target creature is dazed (save ends), weakened (save ends), suffers a -2 penalty to saving throws (save ends) and suffers vulnerability 5 (save ends)

Fluttershy:

Special:
Healer’s Grace
8: Target ally regains 6 HP and can make a saving throw.

10: All allies can either regain 6 HP or make a saving throw.

12: All allies regain 6 HP and save against all conditions.

Moves:
[+3] Peacekeeper’s Vow - Standard Utility
You are weakened (save ends). Until the end of your next turn, whenever one of your combat talents grants an ally hp - that ally gains 2 temporary hp as well.

[+2] Healing Salve - Standard Utility [Polished by Daniel Berke]
You or target ally regains 1d10+2 hp.

[+1] Divine Boon - Standard Utility
Target ally deals an additional 1d8 damage on its next attack and an ally of your choice regains that many hit points.

[-1] My Life is Yours - Minor Utility
Pay 5 hp. Target creature gains 9 hp.

[-2] Condemn - Standard Utility
Target creature is subjected to your Condemnation (save ends). In addition, you may use the following combat talent.
[0] Condemnation - Reaction Attack
Trigger - A creature subjected to your “Condemnation” makes an attack.
Effect - Deal 1d8 damage to that creature.

[-2] Conjure Warden - Standard Utility
Conjure an allied Spectral Warden. It has the following stat-block.

Spectral Warden - 1 HP

[0] Warden’s Boon - Standard Utility
The Spectral Warden grants you or target ally 1d8 HP.

[0] Warden’s Duty - Interrupt Utility
Trigger – An ally is targeted by an attack.
Effect - The triggering attack hits the Spectral Warden instead.

Pinkie Pie:

Special:
Dazzling Performance
8: You may use one of target enemy’s combat talents at random without paying its energy cost.
[*]

10: For each enemy, flip a coin. If you win that flip, stun that enemy until the end of its next turn.

12: You and target ally each gain 2 energy.

Moves:
[+2] Mocking Melody - Standard Utility
Target creature is subjected to your mocking melody (save ends). A creature subjected to your mocking melody suffers 1d8 damage whenever they roll a 4 or lower on a d8, d10 or d12.

[+2] Friendly Encouragement - Standard Utility
Target ally can roll twice on his or her next attack and take either result.

[+1] Energize - Standard Utility
Target ally gains 1 energy.

[-1] Distracting Illusion - Standard Utility
Target enemy is subjected to your Distracting Illusion (save ends). An enemy subjected to your Distracting Illusion must choose random targets for its attacks (save ends).

[-1] Haunting Melody - Standard Attack
Roll a d10. Based on the roll, target creature suffers the following.
1-4 The target suffers 4 ongoing damage (save ends).
5-7 The target is dazed (save ends).
8-9 The target suffers vulnerability 2 (save ends).
10 The target is stunned (save ends).

[-5] Pincer Maneuver - Standard Utility
You and target ally can each take a standard action.

[-10] Royal Command - Standard Utility
You and up to four allies can take a Standard Action. If that action deals damage, it deals 1d8 additional damage.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Mane Six Combat Talents + Build Help Empty Re: Mane Six Combat Talents + Build Help

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:06 am

I may PM it to you but I've been sitting on one of these for a while.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Mane Six Combat Talents + Build Help Empty Re: Mane Six Combat Talents + Build Help

Post  mjh6 Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:28 am

You asked for ideas, here they are. Hope you don't regret it   Very Happy 

Twilight Sparkle:Could use another PiP gathering move, preferably one that deals damage. My choices would be Fireball or Arcing Bolt. Wave of Zeal was a perfect choice,though.

Applejack: Looks like you got her all figured out. Personally, I'm not quite sure about Perfect Focus, Defensive Fighting, and Guarded Stance on the same build, but that may be just me.

Rainbow Dash: I'd see her with at least one Talent, or item to boost initiative. Also, since Dash's build is a Berzerker  type, It might help for her to have an item to keep her from falling too quickly. I'd suggest Bladesman's Chainmail

Rarity: Seems fairly straightforward here. Probably going to want something like Talisman of Illness or Persistant Hex to give penalties to saving throws.

Fluttershy: Condemnation is an inspired choice. Other than that, 'Shy could use at least on multi-target heal, like Grace, Saving Grace, or Second Sunrise. Something related to granting saving throws or displacing them may also help.

Pinkie Pie:It looks like my instinct here is to up the random chaos. I'd suggest Heads I win, Tails you lose for the build, and replacing Energize with Wild Power. Also, not sure about Royal Command, considering Pinkie only has +2 PiP gain moves.Doesn't seems like she'd ever build up enough.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:20 am

Why is AJ the only one with any items? You WHAT!?

Sparkle: Also short two Talents. I would recommend Arcing Bolt and Redirect Focus, perhaps paired with Chain of the Drunken Master and Spellbook.

AJ: I would drop Definsive Fighting and Fists of Fury in favor of Vengeance Is Mine and Punishing Blow. I would definitely swap out Jenkin's Chicken for Training Certifacte:Lightning Reflexes as well.

Rainbow: Also missing two Talents. Also, I have a way better way lf accomplishing this:

[+4] Trance
[+3] Taunting Strike
[-X] Drain Blood
[-7] Wild Abandon
[-7] Hurricane Blade

Weapon: Overloader (1500)
Trinket: Talisman Of Weapons (1000)

Remaining talents/items can be whatever. Round 1 involves Trance, Wild Abandon, and Overloader. Round 2 is Taunting Strike and Talisman of Weapons > Hurricane Blade. Pwn until you get unhealthy; dismiss it, and hit with Trance and Drain Blood until you can either go back to Hurricane Blade or (Far more likely) the battle ends.

Rarity: Actually looks pretty legit. Might consider Fleshrender and Kindle Pain... But that way leads away from "debuffing" and towards "ongoing damage".

Fluttershy: Also missing two talents. I would add Conjure Rabbit and Gather Energy. Item-wise, Spellbook and Training Certificate (There's lots of choices there) would help immensely.

Pinkie: Only missing one talent this time! Crazy Concoction would be fun. Would also drop Royal Command; you really need some crazy PiP building to get very far with that one. And frankly, this build more than anything could benefit from a nice +3 move like Critfisher.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:23 am

Crystalite wrote:Why is AJ the only one with any items? You WHAT!?

Because she's the only one I got around to putting any items on. Razz

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'll work on the builds some more, hopefully have a more complete version for you later...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Crystalite wrote:Why is AJ the only one with any items? You WHAT!?

Because she's Batman.

Fluttershy: Also missing two talents. I would add Conjure Rabbit and Gather Energy.

Actually, the pretty glaring gap is that she lacks ways to remove save ends from allies. There's a couple of ways of going out that pending on build goals and how the GM runs the battle.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:53 am

All right, I ran the Mane Six builds against my Apocalypse Four. It was quite a grueling battle, lasting six rounds. The builds I used are below:

Twilight Sparkle:

Applejack:

Rainbow Dash:

Rarity:

Fluttershy:

Pinkie Pie:

Of them, I liked Twi and RD's builds a lot, but I'm rather... dissatisfied with Pinkie Pie's. It feels like (and this is probably true) I just threw a bunch of random talents together...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:31 am

Any sort of recording/play by play of the battle? Might give us some ideas on how to help.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:08 am

I'd love to see that too. Not only for the help, but because it's the main six fighting the four horseman( or foru horses, I guess) of the Apocalypse.

As for Pinkie, maybe the problem is the save ends effects talents. I get that bard talents fit pretty well with Pinkie, but I might have thought Magnificent Melody, Inspire Courage, or Song of Shielding instead. They seem more like buffer traits, which is what you initially said Pinkie was going to be. Also I agree with Crystalite, Critfisher seems like a good PiP builder for Pinkie
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:00 pm

I do indeed have a transcript of the battle. Of course, it may not be completely accurate since, for instance, I forgot about most items while doing the battle.

Anyway:

The Foes!:

The Fight!:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Okay, that was neat. Any other concerns you have about the builds?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 pm

I never responded to this, did I? Well, to answer the question, Pinkie Pie's build still worries me with its lack of focus, but I'll have to try another battle to narrow it down.

As an aside, I don't think I'll be updating these to the new system just yet - not until we get a bunch more combat powers.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down