Equestrian Task Force: ETF

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Equestrian Task Force: ETF

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun May 18, 2014 5:35 pm

"Neat." Is all Phoenix says as he lays back against the big dog. "I'd offer some stories in return, but I don't think they'll be of any interest. Nothing you would have ever heard of."
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 on Sun May 18, 2014 6:50 pm

Helping Hand left with Maize's bag and returned with a small cart lined with various treats and cheeses galore.
"I have stored your bag and have several foods to choose from including the strawberries and cheese that was requested. We also have a lovely chamomile tea that it our specialty, guaranteed to rest and calm even the most savage of beasts." He said with grin while preparing the tea.

Those that wish to, roll perception.
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun May 18, 2014 7:04 pm

"I bet you don't have anything really good to eat though. Got anything that isn't gross tea to drink?"

Perception: 2+9=11
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun May 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Maize came out of her trancey state and smiled widely at 72 and Phoenix. "I would love to meet your queen if she would have me! And I'd also really like to hear your stories if you ever want to tell them. I love mythology of all kinds. I mean, Creatian is my favorite, but other things are really nice. Like the ponies Hearth-Warming story! That just makes me so...ugh, what's the word...fluffy inside? Close enough."

When Helping Hand came back with the cart, Maize smiled and thanked them before leaning over to examine and smell the food.

Meta:
Perception to examine food for nothing in particular.

Perc=17+Roll=12=29
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Sun May 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Shade listened to the story in silence, fascinated and wishing he had some stories of his own to tell. Alas, he didn't... less so than anypony - or anyone - on the train realized.

In the meantime, he kept alert, an odd feeling telling him he should be on the lookout...

Perception Check:
17 (roll) + 7 (skill) = 24
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Sun May 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Hmm... is it just my imagination or does something seems off about this pony.

Sorry:
ah crap sorry hit the wrong button again
actual roll:
Perception Roll : 19+10=29

Last edited by Loud Taffy on Sun May 18, 2014 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GafferBot on Sun May 18, 2014 7:15 pm

The member 'Loud Taffy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 8, 12, 16, 1, 10, 13, 1, 16, 4, 16
GafferBot
The game is out to get you, not me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun May 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Distracted, Phoenix starts talking again. "Well I have a creation..."myth" that I could share. Or I could tell you about the history of the Earth Walkers and World Enders, who might be a little more close to home."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun May 18, 2014 8:33 pm

A big, dopey grin spread over Maize's face. "Would you? I mean, yes, if you want to, please. I'd love to hear any of those."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  raythings on Sun May 18, 2014 9:21 pm

sweet. Story time. I want to know about the world enders

raythings
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Sun May 18, 2014 9:47 pm

72 suddenly stands up "ugh... I don't feel good all of the sudden." 72 begins staggering toward the food cart. In one quick motion before anyone had a chance to take a drink from the cart 72 coughs up a glob of acid right on the top of the drinks. As the cart begins to dissolve 72 looks at hands "Aww gees, sorry about that. Could you get us some more snacks I'll gladly foot the bill."

Last edited by Loud Taffy on Sun May 18, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun May 18, 2014 9:52 pm

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

Maize quickly moves to a kneeling position and pulls 72 into her lap, gently rubbing their back. After a moment of this, she places them down and removes her vest, moving to try to clean up the cart with it.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Sun May 18, 2014 10:02 pm

" I'm ok I just need some air." 72 goes over to the big cargo door and opens it. A strong wind whips around the car sucking 72 right out the door, but not before it can grab ahold of Marvel's rear hoof dragging her along with it. Their screams fade quickly as the train chugs on.
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun May 18, 2014 10:15 pm

INSERTING HERE, you impatient dicks.

"Fine, Genesis it is." Now it's Phoenix's turn to adopt a trance like state- not that he needs to, but it makes him seem cooler as he speaks.
Genesis:
GENESIS, The FOUR, and CREATION

Originally, there was only one plane of existence. It lacks a definitive name- it is not Limbo, Heaven or Hell, Purgatory, the Void, Oblivion- It is the original realm of creation as we know (or rather, don’t know) it. Were it to have a name, the closest we would know it as is Genesis. the beginning. At the center is great monument, the Font of Creation, where the Greater Demons were birthed.

The Greater Demons were a race of entirely unique individuals. They took any form imaginable, from humanoid, to monstrous beasts, to swarms and vapors. Each was birthed from the Font with a unique personality and set of skills, but they all shared a singular drive and objective- to compete, conflict, to fight and kill their brothers and sisters. For time unimaginable, this was the case, until one such Demon was born. Her name was Kyreth, and her skill was creativity. Genius, and Madness, were her personality. She did not kill her brothers and sisters, more so she outsmarted them. She was very smart, and she knew that this existence of constant violence was irrational. Instead of simply pondering the great question, though, she formed a plan, to become better and greater. She would be a God, but she needed help.

Kyreth, the First, sought out another who would be tempted to think like she did, to want what she wanted. She found Azar, who was the picture of nobility, and the first to listen to her. He heard her words of madness, and her plan. It was insane, but at the same time a great challenge for greater reward. He accepted, and became the Second. Together, they fought their way back to the place of their birth. On the way there, they were caught in a trap, set by Fiyraz-aa, a demon of fire. He hunted the two for days before, and knew to outsmart the noble warrior, and overpower the mad genius. Only by coming together at the right time, were they able to beat him back, and he surrendered. He expected death, but the Two were impressed, and offered him a chance to join in their grand scheme. He accepted, and the Three became nigh unstoppable. Finally, they neared the Font, but were stopped by one more demon, who wished to challenge them. Scath had seen the destruction the Three wrought, and wished to be a part of it. When he heard of their plan, he grew enraged, and attacked them outright. Even with the combined strategy, skill and power, Scath’s fury held, and he was able to push them back. Ultimately, the Three finally turned the tide, but Scath had earned his place among them. The Four united, and stood unopposed at the Font of Creation. Kyreth worked her mad magic, sapping the Font of it’s power, syphoning it to the Four.

The Font was quiet. No more Demons sprung forth. No one left to challenge or kill, so the Four took to their new roles, Gods that they were. They split, leaving Genesis, and used their newfound knowledge and power to build their own realms. Each created a place for themselves, and was set loose, creating what they saw fit.

Kyreth, ever the imaginative Genius, created a vast, beautiful universe, filled with trillions upon trillions of Stars and Planets, and countless races of creatures of every shape and size to populate it. Over time, her universe would come to split and fracture, reflecting her own mind as it aged. Each split created a mirror universe, each a little different, each reminiscent of every creative facet of Kyreth’s personality. Within each universe, there were more splits, layers that were planes of existence, with demons among the highest and lowest. And at the metaphorical center, Earth, her crowning achievement.
None of her creations were given knowledge of their creator, though, except for hidden references and hints, as numerous as the stars, and interpreted in twice as many ways.

Azar, much less creative, had but a single image in mind for his perfect realm. A floating city of light, inhabited by a single race of people, surrounded by a shadowy void, and the many monsters that dwelled in it. Azarath. It was a beacon of nobility, of perfection in His eyes. Azarath was granted knowledge of the Four, but like any religion, it was knowledge either accepted or denied by the people.

Fiyraz-aa, who had already shown a sharper, more creative mind than Azar, also created a single place, though much larger. Less diverse, though. As Fiyraz-aa was a beast of Fire, so was his land. A single planet with a single star, hot and dry, near barren. At the center was a massive volcano, and it was around this, like a herd around a watering hole, that Fiyraz-aa’s creations grew. The Phoenixes, the first of his creations, and the first created beings to learn to travel between the realms of creation, were soon replaced by the Firagaean Demons.
While it is rumored the Phoenixes could speak to him directly, the Demons were much more restricted in their knowledge of the Divine. They knew not of Fiyraz-aa except through the teachings of the Prophets and Priests, and worshipped not him, but his will, the will of Fire.

Scath, who took the name Trigon, was never a fan of creation. His realm was a broken wasteland within a dark abyss. No cities were made, no monuments. Not even a race to call his own. Instead, Scath spent his creativity on wreaking destruction, and chose the other realms as his targets. But he was nothing if not a good sport. Instead of simply destroying, he would create beings to do it for him. The rest of the Four learned of his intent and his methods, and saw a challenge in it. So they allowed him to indirectly attempt to tear down what they had built, a game that continued indefinitely.

It was some time before the Four ever returned to Genesis. The Font, under their supervision, was hidden away, and the plane held little value to them anymore.
Phoenix pauses here, grabbing a piece of cheese off the cart. "It is rumored that Kyreth chose to hide the Font here, deep in the core of the planet, and can only be found by someone worthy of the favors of the Four."

Ninjaedit: Phoenix eats his cheese. "As for the World Enders, they're more Equstrian History than myth.
Spoiler:
A long, long time ago, before the rise of Discord and Nightmare Moon, before Celestia and Luna took the throne, in the south of Equestria was another country, inhabited by another race of beings. Prior to their dealings with Equestria, they were split into two tribes. The Earth walkers met the first Equestrian explorers from that era, traded with them, and generally became friendly. They spread north into Equestria, taking their culture with them. However, the other tribe, the World Enders, distrusted the Equestrian influence, and organized raids on Pony emissaries and traders. The Equestrian regency recognized the difference between the tribes, continuing its dealings with the Earth Walkers while fighting back against the World Enders. Unfortunately, the World Enders had powerful magic, and intelligently hid among the Earth Walkers, spreading into Equestria. They wreaked havoc within Pony lands, and soon the Monarchy had no choice but to clear the land of them. The Earth Walkers and World Enders were forced out of Equestria, or otherwise hunted down, and the Pony left soldiers stationed at the southern borders to keep them out. When the first Alicorn King was killed, the World Enders were suspected, and the remaining monarchy authorized the utter destruction of both tribes- they were too dangerous to be left alive.
"It's interesting, Minotaur, because I believe the Earth Walkers and World Enders would be of unique interest to you- being that one of them is credited with fathering Minor's Scar."

And then all that shit happens.

Phoenix watches the sickened Changeling opens the door, and then falls out. "Well, shit."

Last edited by Bronymous on Mon May 19, 2014 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon May 19, 2014 12:49 am

Maize seemed intensely fascinated by Phoenix's story and seemed to want to say something when 72 leaped out the window. "<1Maze-brained scat-minded mole eater!2>"

With that, she threw herself to the open cart door and reached out to grab at 72.

Meta:
Rolling athletics to catch the changeling

Ath=13+roll=18=31

Also, Phoenix is from the dc universe?

1: Triangle brackets imply that Maize is speaking Creatian, her native tongue.

2: The three statements were Creation explitives translated as literally as possible.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon May 19, 2014 10:05 am

Marvel had never enjoyed waking up quickly.

Unfortunately, getting yanked off the floor and out the door had that effect. Not a pleasant way to wake up, really. So her reaction might be fairly reasonable...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....!"

((iDerp. Didn't see Elacular/Maize catching. Will edit if she is successful.))

The changeling and the earth pony hit the ground shortly afterwords...

Endurance:
To survive that.

Result: 1d20 [16] + Endurance [6] = 22
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon May 19, 2014 12:20 pm

Phoenix follows Maize, but pushes past her and jumps out after the others in pursuit. Attempting to grab both Maize's hand and either of the others to keep them with the train.

Acrobatics: 18+12=30
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 on Mon May 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Helping Hoof muttered something under his breath when the food was ruined and quickly left the car to replace the cart. Then just as soon as he left, one third of the party somehow ended up outside the train and another third was barely keeping them from becoming a red stain on the side of the tracks. Maize and Phoenix through combined effort was able to pull the unlucky pair back into the boxcar just as the train came into a tunnel. Helping Hoof returned and saw the open door, cursed loudly, and rushed to close it. With a resounding thud, he closed the door and locked it.
"I would greatly appreciate it if you would refrain from touching anything you have no business touching. Now what in Celestia's name would make a pony open a door on a moving train? You ponies must not care about anything to do something so rash."
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon May 19, 2014 11:35 pm

"Well first of all, like half of us aren't even ponies," said the brown Pegasus as he rolls back into a standing position, "And secondly, the Changeling did it. Got sick. What exactly was in that food you gave us?"
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Tue May 20, 2014 12:10 am

Maize plopped down onto the car floor, huffing slightly. "I'm very sorry for my coarce language, but please don't do that again."

With that, she looked at Phoenix, waiting to see how Helping Hand reacted to his question.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Tue May 20, 2014 12:19 am

Well that was embarrassing. "Thank you Maize, Pheonix. I defiantly will not be doing that again any time soon." 72 looks at Marvel "Marvel are you ok? Im sorry I pulled you into that... Literally."
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 on Tue May 20, 2014 11:35 pm

"Oh um nothing. I didn't do anything." Helping Hoof says while inching back towards the way he came in. "And I mean even the assumption that I would do anything...."
Tears started welling up in his eyes.
"That's what hurts the most. I thought you was better than that Phoenix."
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Tue May 20, 2014 11:49 pm

72 leans in close to Maize and whispers "Drama bomb."
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue May 20, 2014 11:53 pm

"Oh, geez, oh no..." Phoenix moans in a mocking tone. "Surely not, no... I never meant to accuse you of anything. Until now of course." He kicks the new tray of food out of the way and charges the waiter. With one foreleg he pins him to the wall. "So tell us, how exactly did you know my name, specifically? Because with the way the Changeling threw himself off the train to get away from you, and that little tidbit of information, there's no way in any version of hell you aren't out to get us."

Athletics: 8+16=24

Context for this post:
I'm assuming the Waiter knows my name somehow- other than because 72 just said it, because 72 doesn't know my name, as I never introduced myself. To ANYONE, actually, but BynaRayponething guy pseudo introduced me to everyone at the meeting. Therefore 72 didn't say it, and this makes more sense.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 on Wed May 21, 2014 12:15 am

"Oh I uh...um.heard it from the...uh buck it." Helping Hoof spits. "Yeahs I'm outs to gets ya but it aint nuttin personul. Just biznis. I is hopin it woulds be an eazy scores but I guesses I lets my guard downs. Thoughts you guys were a couples of idjits since yas opened the dang cargo door. Ya woulda been red mulch if any of yas hit ze ground at the speeds we going and I needs yous guys in one piece."
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top