Equestrian Task Force: ETF

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Equestrian Task Force: ETF

Post  Crystalite on Thu May 15, 2014 9:21 am

Marvel did not reply, electing instead to sit down and stare out the window in thought. She had just started to consider her life to be normal. That was more or less what she had always wanted. She liked living in Friendship Gardens. Working at the clinic. Tending the garden with her father. Teaching Fluffy Crust. And then this Equestrian Task Force had come up like a blight, ousting her out on what probably amounted to a wild goose hunt.

...No. Not ousted. She had chosen this; she could have said "no". She could still say "no": although the organisation would likely make her life hell trying to keep her quiet, in a permament way. Still, she could, if she wanted, say "no".

...So why didn't she?
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 on Thu May 15, 2014 5:31 pm

The party hears the train whistle blow and shortly thereafter the train begins moving. After a few short minutes, a steward enters the car from the back.
"Hello mares, gentlecolts, and......uh others......I am uh Helping Hand and I will be your steward for the duration of this trip. If there is anything you need from me, anything at all, pleas elet me know, so can I help anyone now? Perhaps securing any luggage or valuables or maybe a beverage to help pass the time?"
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Thu May 15, 2014 5:39 pm

72 looked down at Helping Hand from where it was standing, on the cealing. "Do you have any blueberries?"

Last edited by Loud Taffy on Fri May 16, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu May 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Marvel pricked her ears. They had a personal waiter!? She whirled around to face him. "Not blueberries!" she admonished the changeling. "Strawberries. And cheese dip. Get those instead. Or maybe in addition," she said, trying to seem polite.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Thu May 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Maize smiled widely at the steward. "Hi, Helping Hands, it's very nice to meet you! Ummm...hm. I hadn't really thought of anything. Could you help secure this maybe?" here she shrugged her large backpack off her shoulders. "I'd do it myself, but I'm afraid if I stood up straight I'd gore the ceiling."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Fri May 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Detaching itself from the ceiling, 72 hovered upside-down for a second, righted itself and carefully landed next to Marvel. "Come to think of it, blueberries are out of season." It points at Marvel, "Ill have what she is having."

Last edited by Loud Taffy on Fri May 16, 2014 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri May 16, 2014 3:34 pm

"Strawberries and cheese?" Phoenix dismisses the waiter with a wave. "I'm fine."
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Fri May 16, 2014 7:27 pm

As everyone was getting settled 72 turned to Marvel. "My that is quite an exquisite shade of black." It said with a cheesy grin.
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri May 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Meanwhile, Phoenix followed the Changelin's lead, and himself turned to Maize. "So, Minotaur. Ok, I have to ask a question. Does there happen to be a lot of you guys out there that aren't quite so... civil? As in, mindless, feral, predatory beasts? I'm curious." He adopts a scholarly pose, sitting atop the huge dog.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri May 16, 2014 10:00 pm

At Phoenix's question, Maize's eyes narrowed briefly, but she caught herself and took a deep breath to calm down. "Well, we like to think of ourselves as being civilized, for better or for worse. Honestly, the implication of an inborn feralness is a bit of a sore spot for quite a few of us. See, the mythology that a lot of us base our morality around is a big part of our culture, and the...villain I guess the word would be. Anyway, he was said to have imprisoned the first Minotaur for a bunch of reasons, but the only reason she stayed imprisoned as long as she did was because the people feared her for being feral. So it's a little sore. But I suppose the most honest answer is that there's as many feral Minotaurs as there are feral ponies, I guess."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri May 16, 2014 10:17 pm

"Hmmm alright. I'm not exactly sure if how many feral ponies there might be either, so... I only ask because one time I met a minotaur who was about to eat some friends of mine. He didn't seem like the civilized type. And until now, he's the only one I've ever seen, so your abundant sense and sensibility surprised me."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri May 16, 2014 10:35 pm

"Oh-OH!" Maize bowed her head and beat her breast apologetically. "I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I know that some Minotaurs do have a preference for carnivorous ways, but I never knew that one would...I'm so so sorry that your first experience with us was like that. Someday maybe you could come to Create. I promise, we're not all like that in the slightest. Not at all!"
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri May 16, 2014 11:05 pm

"Yeah well. Create? Is that...that's an Island isn't it? Something something something.... the first Minotaur wouldn't have happened to be imprisoned in a maze, would he?"
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Fri May 16, 2014 11:10 pm

"Labyrinth."
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri May 16, 2014 11:14 pm

"Mhmm, of course." Phoenix just sits back with a knowing, satisfied little smile. "Of course."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sat May 17, 2014 2:08 am

A wide grin spread over Maize's face and she squealed slightly. "You guys know some of Creatian lore? That's amazing! I mean, Minor's Scar was a girl, but that's not really a big deal, except that she and Icarryus would have trouble having calves if she was a boy. Do you know the story of the broken castle? Or the war of the husks and hulls? Ooh, what about the beast in the eyes of the scar?" Everything following "that's amazing" was spoken very quickly within the span of one breath.

Meta:
Maize's face right now:

}:•D
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Sat May 17, 2014 3:34 am

72 leans in close to Pheonix and whispers, "Oooo... Your on your own buddy."

Changelings trickery :
now looks like Marvel.
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat May 17, 2014 5:11 am

"Yeah, well... sort of. I know Crete. I know the minotaur in the labyrinth under the castle of King Minos. I know Icarus and Daedalus. So really, I know the same stories, as told by a different people. But the fact that yours is actual history is... amusing, in one regard. Terrifying in another. I'm going to stick with amusing for the time being. But the husks and hulls, broken castle, beast thing, no. None of those ring any bells. But, you know what train rides are good for? Story Time."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Sat May 17, 2014 5:18 am

Marvel(72) lays down next to Marvel, who seems to have fallen asleep. "Oh yes a story will pass the time much faster than that silly sparing match you and 72 were going to have."
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat May 17, 2014 9:30 am

((What is this!? I don't pay attention for one day and this happens!))

Marvel jerked awake quite suddenly. She looked at her new doppelganger. "...Someone appears to have given me a mirror. Watch, it'll break soon," she said around a yawn, as she settled back down. "Then we'll all be in trouble."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sat May 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Maize stared blankly at 72. "Well, firstly, how stupid do you think I am? Don't answer that. Anyway, I love telling stories. I think you'd like the husks and hulls best. So..."

She sat up straight and her voice took on an odd, chanting tone.

Story:
"Many years ago, when the seas boiled and the earth's heart beat loud and furious, the hateful bull-king Minor ruled over Create. Beneath his iron-clad hoof, there was no joy, hope or peace. Only a quietly bubbling hatred and resentment just beneath the skin. Needless to say, when the sun-dyed horse Icarryus came before them, mythic wings spread wide and vowing freedom, they were all too glad to join him, ignoring even the terror of the beast-child, Minor's scar. Eleven years into the war, the rebellion found that there was a potential windfall within Minor's own fields. His thousand acre corn fields and the mass of slaves who worked there were nothing short of an incredible opportunity."

Maize pauses dramatically here.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Sat May 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Dang knew that wouldn't work on a team mate, who wasn't half asleep. She glances at the real Marvel, then changes back. "Ok sure, my queen is always looking to broaden the knowledge of the hive. "

Last edited by Loud Taffy on Sun May 18, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat May 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Elacular wrote:Maize pauses dramatically here.
"...Yeah, and then...? I'll let you know if the story starts to ring bells, but it doesn't yet, so keep going."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun May 18, 2014 4:01 am

Maize didn't even seem to notice that her pause was acknowledged, seeming to be in a nearly trance-like state. Someone looking close, however, would notice her ears very meticulously turning towards whoever was speaking whenever they spoke.

Tale:
"And so, recalling their time in the labyrinth together, Minor's scar and Icarryus formed a plan. As their partners in crime quietly sowed the seeds of rebellion among the slaves, Icarryus took a page from his father's book and designed a maze. When the day for the attack came, Minor's scar went in first, plowing through the corn and leaving a path of destruction through the field. To the horses and the cattle who sided with Minor, the devistation seemed nothing more than the work of a mindless beast. To the rebellious, however, it was a methodical madness. And to Icarryus' who looked upon the battle from the heavens, it was a message written to Minor himself: "CREATE WILL RISE".

The rebels hid within the maze of plants, darting into the corn to slay any of Minor's soldiers who came too near while Minor,s scar drew the cattle to their doom and Icarryus directed the battle from above. And the incredible victory the rebellion had that day is why we still make mazes of corn in the summer: to remember those who fought to free Create."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy on Sun May 18, 2014 5:44 am

"This is all so fascinating. Maize upon our return would you be willing to come to the hive and recant these stories to my queen?"
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top