The League

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The League

Post  Crystalite on Sun May 04, 2014 2:06 am

It's much too early when the call comes in.

Of course, most of you are (hopefully) getting used to that; part of the nearly military grade training is that training missions and tests are always given at about a moment and a half's notice. After all, a hero needs to be ready to act at any time of day or night.

This one is from Director Mannheim's office: which strikes you as odd. Most of your calls come from your various trainers and teachers. All you are told is to meet the Director at the Cube, the facility's training facility: meant to represent several typical city blocks, including various cars, businesses, buildings, and even (sometimes) people.

Of course, the lack of information isn't new either: all you are ever told is who called and where you go. A hero doesn't always know what they're up against; why get accustomed to such knowledge? You'd better hurry, though...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League

Post  Copper Rose on Sun May 04, 2014 2:18 am

Sunset Wolf is the first to arrive, already in full costume (though not without a yawn or two), and Blue Owl and Lavender Lion are not too far behind her, rubbing the sleep out of their eyes. "Dis hour iz unrealistic, S-Dub. How can you *yawn* stand it?" "Come on, LL, we're Super Heroes! How are we supposed to fight crime if we can't stay awake?" "Coffee, that's how. You didn't even give us a chance to grab a quick soda to get some caffeine into our bodies." "Heroes don't get caffeine! They fight crime on nuthin' but will power!" LL and BO just groan, as if they've heard this a hundred times already. They probably have.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun May 04, 2014 2:32 am

Anyone unfamilliar with Dr. Calvin Spencer would assume that the early wake up call was the reason he was glaring at anyone who came within three meters of him. Those who knew him, however, knew it was completely normal. The fact that he was wearing baggy boxers and a giant T-shirt with a drawing of an extended middle finger on it was atypical. He leaned heavily on his two crutches which went up to his forearms. "Well good goddamn morning. Let nobody say I was tardy today. Punctuality or dress code. You can only have one. Now why the hell am I here and not anywhere else?"
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sun May 04, 2014 2:39 am

Iron Maiden shuffled in, not saying anything, since it was too early to go around talking to people. She was wearing a jacket over her costume top, and her hair tied back in a sloppy ponytail. Even though it really was too early to be going around flying and throwing cars, she felt a certain buzzing anticipation inside from more than just the coffee she drank on the way here. IM had to restrain herself from hovering in excitement, an embarrassing habit she had picked up from the early days before getting her gift.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sun May 04, 2014 2:41 am

LL gives Cal a glare for his language in the presence of the (somehow) still-innocent SW/her little sister, and BO just makes a disgusted face at how he's dressed and turned her back to him. SW doesn't seem to care. "Good morning, Dr. Cal! Good morning IM! I dunno yet why we're here, so I guess you'll have to wait on that part."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun May 04, 2014 2:55 am

"Well doesn't everyone just look happy to be here." Phoenix arrives in his usual "costume"- signature black and yellow jacket, jeans, boots. He couldn't remember a time when waking up after 7 was normal, so the early morning didn't bother him too much. "Ladies" he says, giving a dumb grin to the sisters as he goes to stand near them, preferring to associate more with those his own age. "Wolf you need to calm down, it's too early for your little girl-ness. Monica, please, you don't need to stare, it's really me, I'm really here. Try to contain yourself."
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sun May 04, 2014 3:08 am

SW just sticks her tongue out at Phoenix, but not before saying "Good morning, Phoenix!" LL, however, completely forgets about poor, innocent SW and old, mean Dr. Cal. "What, don't think you can handle me at this hour? I know I can't."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun May 04, 2014 3:15 am

Cal gave SW a half grin. All cynicism aside, it was nice to have someone happy to see him. When Phoenix started to proposition Monica, however, he snorted loudly. "The mythical Phoenix, everybody! Rejected faster than a speeding bullet! Dropped so hard he leaves cracks in the pavement! Marvel as he makes a jackass of himself in front of his peers!" Cal would have ranted further, but he dissolved into quiet snickering.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun May 04, 2014 3:37 am

"Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of your aging. Besides, you're just jealous that I can date her without going to prison." Phoenix doesn't look at Cal when he speaks to him, instead giving LL a challenging look. "Monica, you know full well you can't handle me without your sisters around to bail you out. Unless you'd prefer a one-on-one session."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun May 04, 2014 4:15 am

Calvin shook his head. "Fawkesy, if your game on a teenage girl is seriously threatened by a disabled man twice her age in his underwear, then me macking on your crush is by far the least of your worries romance-wise."

At this point, the doctor glanced around for somewhere to sit down.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun May 04, 2014 5:21 am

"Yeah, speaking of. Exactly how crippled does one need to be to just decide not to wear pants? I'm pretty sure you're about one errant move away from a felony and a court order to keep 100 yards away from school playgrounds."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun May 04, 2014 2:38 pm

"I would hope that this group would not devolve into childishness...regardless of age." The Everliving Gentleman calmly walked in and surveyed the group.  "However, negatives are not the proper greeting for allies so I'd rather focus on 'Good morning, how is everyone?'"
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun May 04, 2014 4:58 pm

"Fine," Shoot says, stepping into the room without much in the way of fanfare - unless one wasn't used to her Legionnaire outfit, of course. "Had nice dreams."

Behind her, a stalk of bamboo sprouts up at an angle speedier than the average sprinter, effectively shutting the door behind her. It then, of course, crumbles into negligible dust.
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 pm

SW suddenly becomes shy, hiding behind BO from the stranger. "I agree with the Ever-dude here. Why are you even bothering with Dr. Cal? He's, like, old enough to be my great-great-grandpa or something." "Hey! Be nice to Dr. Cal!" "He said it himself that he's at least twice my age, so how is that being mean?" "It just is!" LL sighs. "Anyway, how about after we're done here we go prove that I can take you one-on-one?"

Seeing Shoot walk in, SW forgets the stranger in the room and her shyness relative to him. "Good morning Shoot!"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun May 04, 2014 5:58 pm

"Must be a good day, Shoot's already said more in 10 seconds than I usually hear from her all day. Sounds like a date Mon-Amica." Phoenix produces one of his knives from wherever it is he keeps them, and begins twirling it lazily. "So Mr. E is here, and Shooter McGavin, and Dr. Horrible, the elbows sisters and myself. That is the whole team right? Do we start now or what?"

I thought Shoot never talked?
Also I just realized I should have found a way to give him "I Don't Know Where It's Been", because he kind of is supposed to do that.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sun May 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Iron Maiden groaned. It really was too early to talk, but some things she couldn't just stand by and take. " So what am I, the plucky comic relief? Cause I should warn you now, the only slapstick I do involves other people getting whacked."
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun May 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Shoot then reached up two fingers and flicked Phoenix in the side of the head. She then indicated what had just happened with an expressive motion, sending a look at Iron Maiden that practically asked "How am I doing?" for her.

Spoiler:
"Strong, silent type" may also be hyperbolic; it does not necessarily mean that a character literally never talks. As perhaps a subconscious acknowledgement that it sometimes does, however, I did indicate near the bottom of Shoot's backstory that she does talk sometimes by having her, well, talk. She mentioned liking kittens.

Still, don't expect her to say more than a couple lines per conversation.
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun May 04, 2014 6:34 pm

Cal gave Phoenix a quick glare, though not an especially harsh one by his standards. "You try getting strangled by your own umbillical cord and see how fast you can walk. The new guy's right though."

At SW's order to her sister to not be mean, he couldn't help cracking a small, real grin. "Ah, cool your jets, sunny. I know I'm thirty two. It's not really much of an insult and I've come well to terms with it. I'll have a midlife crisis later."

When Shoot flicked Phoenix upside the head, Cal snickered and gave her a thumbs up.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sun May 04, 2014 6:37 pm

SW makes a face at Dr Cal, but just shrugs and forgets about it. "Good morning, uh, Irony Lady!"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sun May 04, 2014 7:25 pm

Iron Maiden smirked at Shoot's actions, but softened her smile for Sunset Wolf. "It's Iron Maiden. Good morning to you too. She replied gently
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun May 04, 2014 7:42 pm

"Ok, her too, whatever. Now we have a full team, yes?" Phoenix spins his knife a bit faster in agitation.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon May 05, 2014 12:01 am

A voice comes from down the entryway to the Cube. "Maybe you do," Director Mannheim says in his slight Russian accent. "Maybe you don't. We told you, our job is to prepare you for anything: from old men in boxers," he says, gesturing to Doctor Calvin with his left hand, "To young men with knives," he continues, gesturing to Pheonix with his right. "And anything in between. Speaking of which; your mission. It is fairly simple, although it won't be easy. We have released several adversaries into the Cube; I will not say who or how many. In truth, even I don't know; the Cube Manager wanted you on edge. All you must do is apprehend them," he explains, bring his hands back together. "The only other note he made to me is the the adversaries are colleagues of ours, and please exercise some caution to avoid unneeded deaths. There also civilians present: they are Death Row class, so they are less problematic. However, the casualty rate will reflect on your records. Any other questions?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon May 05, 2014 12:07 am

"So, if we don't know how many there are, how do we know when its over?"
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 am

The Director seems to consider this a moment. "I suppose you'll just have to figure it out. Inwould start by finding out how many there are," he said with a very slight hint of his signature sarcasm.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon May 05, 2014 12:25 am

Calvin leaned back on his crutches. "Quite a few questions, but for simplicity's sake I'll stick with just three. Will we be working in a team or teams? as convincing as I am, I'm not sure rhetoric would halt a villainous rampage. Crazy, right? Second, how will we discern our marks? Will they be doing something illegal or just wearing red shirts. And three, we've taken precaution with the D-class, right? As much fun as 'death by psychotic serial killer' sounds, I'm not exactly in a hurry to get there."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top