...Maybe. Kind of. I hope.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discordian Promise (OOC)

Post  Colter Bolt on Fri May 16, 2014 1:06 am

I present to you a load of bull.
I worked out everything about him before looking at everyone else's character sheets and, well, we certainly seem to be a very mechanically minded group.
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Fri May 16, 2014 1:43 am

Officially approved!

Yeah, we do have a lot of mechanics here. Almost makes me want to set the whole campaign in the wilderness nowhere near any machines. But I'm sure Discord would never do a thing like that...

I also updated the main page with everyone's characters, and added a bit of new info, so you can check it out if you want.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri May 16, 2014 1:54 am

Huh. I only really did mechanics because it seemed to fit decently with alchemy. Should I pur my training in heal or perception or something?
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Fri May 16, 2014 1:58 am

It's your character, your choice. Choose what you feel you need.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 am

Well see, I'm kinda on the fence about switching a trained skill to heal, so I'd like some other opinions.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Fri May 16, 2014 2:27 am

Go for it if that's what you want. It does seem that we are a bit deficient in heal so far.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Fri May 16, 2014 8:26 am

I suggest heal as well.
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri May 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Okee dokee. I made the switches to my character sheet. I also changed up my utility talents just a bit.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat May 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Skitterbuzz now has a portrait! Go check it out.

Also, at the GM's request, I have made a portrait and short bio for Flitter Leaf. I tried to keep this one a little more brief and to the point than Skitter's side of it...

All About Flitter Leaf:
Sausage Link! Image taken shortly before carrying out his death sentence.

Flitter Leaf grew up not far from Skitter's bee houses (relatively speaking; this is Discord's world, after all.) His father mysteriously vanished shortly after he was born; theories and rumors regarding his whereabouts and ultimate fate abound, everything from Chaos, to pony-napping, to running off with some other mare, to suicide, and everything else imaginable. Regardless, as a result Flitter Leaf was raised by his mother, with some help from whomever the neighbors happened to be at the moment.

He was a notoriously adventurous colt; daring to nearly anything other, older, wiser ponies new better than to attempt. Perhaps for the better; his successful stunts did tend to produce something useful. But, this had a tendency to alienate him from the more cautious denizens of the Realm. It also did not, apparently, qualify him for transfer; he wasn't really brave or determined, merely reckless. Overtime, he become more and more reclusive, often disappearing for up to a week at a time. But, he was at least willing to say where he had been, so what did it matter.

Until, of course, it came out that he had not been so completely Honest after all...

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I have a special request, assuming the GM is okay with it.

I would just love it if whoever takes the Laughter slot were to build in Fracture the Fourth Wall. The reason being that fourth-wall humor is amongst my favorite kinds, but I myself am not very good at it... And some GMs I know apparently think that breaking the Wall for the sake of being goofy isn't okay unless you have that talent. So. Could the GM make an exception (It is Discord's World) and/or could somebody take Fracture the Fourth Wall?
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat May 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Well, I am not one of them, so anyone who wants to take it go ahead. I will say I think it works thematically, allowing a laughter character to literally make their problems be like a game.

Also, thanks for the info and portraits, (although Skitter doesn't look much like a pegasus to me)
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat May 17, 2014 7:56 pm

... Me damn it, Twi

I'll try it again...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat May 17, 2014 11:17 pm

I'd like to jam my foot in the door and bring something up: The name hunger games implies that we're supposed to be trying to kill each other. Are we?

I don't really have a preference as far as elements go, so I'll probably just take the 6th one after someone else joins. Unless I get a good character concept before that...

EDIT: ...Y'know, I actually have a character that would be could work here. But I need another question answered before I can potentially properly adapt him: Is Discord's Grayscale effect involved in this universe at all?
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Sun May 18, 2014 1:30 am

Ok, I've gone ahead and added a portrait for Steel. And if you scroll to the bottom of the character sheet, you will get a bonus drawing.
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sun May 18, 2014 1:37 am

Okay, I guess I should clarify:

The ultimate goal of the game is to obtain and activate all six elements of harmony while trying to survive Discord's death traps and manipulations. All of the participants know however, that if even one of them dies, the elements are useless. That is the point where they usually turn on one another. Discord's Promise was that one pony comes back, and only one, after all. That is, if they don't say "screw it" and start trying to kill each other immediately, or pretend to go along with it and stab everyone in the back. Think of it as being in the Career pack, but with a less murderous goal

If you want to join, there's still space. Kindness and Laughter are yet to be claimed.

No, no Greyscaling. I'm not going to make it that easy for you. Hope that's not a deal-breaker.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun May 18, 2014 1:47 am

Nah, the character wouldn't have translated too well anyways. I still don't have a choice of element, but I'm definitely interested. I should come up with something soon, though. Count me in.

Also, how would Grayscale help us?
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 am

Well, out of character, it would immediately tell you that a character had been Discorded, right? Twilight may not have noticed, but you guys probably would.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun May 18, 2014 2:05 am

Ah. The character I was thinking of playing was already a grayscale pony, so I was tinkering with some ideas about perceptions. But he really doesn't fit into a non-normal world, so I'll come up with something else.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun May 18, 2014 7:33 am

mjh6 wrote:Okay, I guess I should clarify:

The ultimate goal of the game is to obtain and activate all six elements of harmony while trying to survive Discord's death traps and manipulations. All of the participants know however, that if even one of them dies, the elements are useless. That is the point where they usually turn on one another.

As the creator of this idea, I would like to clarify:

Discord isn't merely trying to kill them outright (Although he is.) He's trying to combine death traps, mindscrews, and the party's ignorance to wind them up enough to kill each other in order to get out. (Directly or indirectly). The fact that one of them will live is meant to help precipitate that.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sun May 18, 2014 10:51 am

But of course.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon May 19, 2014 1:57 am

It is 1 am, I have class at 8:30 tomorrow, I have a character concept loosely based on a series of Meatloaf songs, and I'd like to stake my claim on the element of Kindness. Thank you and goodnight.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon May 19, 2014 10:23 am

All that remains is Laughter...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 am

I should note that even if we got our Laughter user and everybody ready tomorrow, we'd still have to wait until probably next week at the very earliest to get started. Between finals and graduation, I just don't think I'd have the time before then. Of course, that's moot if we aren't ready before then, but I just thought I should give a heads up...
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon May 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Considering my recent post in the Absence Thread, I am perfectly okay with that.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon May 19, 2014 12:48 pm

It's definitely going to take me a while to properly make this character. It wouldn't take too long normally, but I'm taking Organic Chemistry right now, so...yeah.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top