Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discordian Promise (OOC)

+4
Crystalite
Elacular
Zarhon
mjh6
8 posters

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

Discordian Promise (OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Discordian Promise (OOC)

Post  TheCavalry Mon May 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Phew! And I was worried about holding everything up!

That's no problem. With luck, I should have my character ready by the end of the week at the latest. Best of luck with the stuff.

Last edited by TheCavalry on Mon May 19, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon May 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Good luck to all of you.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed May 21, 2014 9:04 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Phew! And I was worried about holding everything up!

That's no problem. With luck, I should have my character ready by the end of the week at the latest. Best of luck with the stuff.

Good. I'm leavong tomorrow morning, I want to see it up by Monday when I get back! Dan vs Smiles
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu May 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Question: does Applejack of all Trades provide a bonus to an untrained cutie mark skill?

Update: so, the character is coming along well. I still have to fill in background and combat, but I should be on schedule for a couple of days; just thought I'd best run my current thinking of Compass Rose by you guys, to make sure it meshed well.

to out together someone who fills in some of the 'other' stats on the list; namely the Brawn, with some training in History. Most of the abilities are support-based ones, providing bonuses to skill checks for myself and other team mates; a handful of 'travel' based enchantments, instant party, and what seemed to me like general 'support' abilities.

In terms of combat... I haven't started filling things in yet, and was wondering if there was any kind of niche you might like filling. My Brawn is second to Steel Bolts at the moment; the idea of an element of magic tank seemed kind of fun. At the least, as long as I'm trying something other than FC, I'm happy; I want to try a range of roles to see what I think, so I have no problem adjusting if you guys think it necessary.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu May 22, 2014 7:42 pm

Glad to hear things are coming along.  Very Happy 

First, no, Applejack of all trades doesn't boost cutie mark skills

As far as combat goes, we don't have a dedicated healer yet, but a tank might work as well. Or you could combine the two if you want.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu May 22, 2014 9:10 pm

[7:53:23 PM] Nathaniel: Applejack of All trades still boosts untrained Cutie Mark skills, doesn't it?
[7:57:39 PM] Dan Felder: I assume so

Applejack of All Trades boosts any non-trained skills, so untrained CM skills should be fair game. I think 2 to 4 of my previous characters have utilized that fact. This one might do so as well.

I should also hopefully be done with [still unnamed pony] by the end of the weekend.

I'm trying to avoid reading other people's character's back-stories so that I can be legitimately surprised by reveals, but just looking over everyone's combat build flavors and the hints I'm getting of their characters, I think I need to make [still unnamed pony] considerably more badass, or else he might just cower in fear of everypony else.

Lastly, I made this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Mn4ap_AIscgRFAbYteBU4_IYIMQuudmg62bVqfOZLk/edit#gid=0
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu May 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Really? I didn't know that about AoaT. Never really used it myself.
 Embarassed 
Thanks for the spreadsheet, but I think you need to change permissions.

Out of curiosity's sake, what kind of combat build are you going for?

mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu May 22, 2014 10:50 pm

mjh6 wrote:permissions
...Not again. >_<
I am absolute rubbish at remembering to set permissions. It's unbelievable.

In any case, i can probably fill out any role that we seriously need, but barring outside input I was tending towards a healer. It fits with the kindness theme, he can reasonably have some supernatural healing abilities, and out out-of-combat healer is psychotic alchemist (I draw this conclusion from his combat build and the fact that he uses the theory of the four humours. It's fine, I can dress my own wounds...), so there's a healing deficiency. I was thinking of mixing in some summoner flavor too, but I'm not certain yet how well the two styles will mix, or if I want to mix in summoner at all.

So in short, Healer would probably work, but I can reasonably explain myself into any role that we'd need.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri May 23, 2014 4:45 am

Compass Rose

Just dropping the link here for future convenience.

Thanks for clarifying the rules. Right now, my Cutie Mark is in my weakest skill, because it fit the characters background to have Perception be a decent score (10).

In terms of combat- I'd be rather interested in doing some sort of tanking medic. FC is all about dealing constant damage, so someone who is all about soaking/healing it would make a nice change of pace. But again, still new, so my combat choices are likely to be as poor as my abilities; if you guys would prefer I pick one role over the other (or something else completely), let me know.

Spoiler:

To be copy-pasted to my sheet later.

Last edited by TheCavalry on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri May 23, 2014 9:28 am

I'm not the only person who has trouble with googledoc permissions, it seems.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri May 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Curses, fixed.

Anyway, thought I'd check how Compass' choice of abilities/skills worked with everyone. For some reason the main computer I edit google docs in won't let me post on this forum, so I wanted to put a copy here for convenience sake.

I admit, I kinda want to try a different 'sort' of character than Fairy Charmer. Fairy is a rogue, whereas Compass stats (I thought) came across as more ranger-ey, providing bonus and support for other characters roles and rolls and facilitating travel... unless I'm badly off in my ability assignment or it throws our teams roles off too much.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri May 23, 2014 4:20 pm

I'll be able to give a better explanations later, but right now it looks fantastic. Compass does look prepared for everthing. Which is a good thing considering the setting.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat May 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Hey, it occurred to me that I just swooped in and swept up the element of generosity out of nowhere even though it's a pretty popular one. Would you like me to put together a laughter character and let someone else take the gen?

Edit: In case anyone else does want to take generosity instead, here's my alternate character Private Eye. Opinions?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun May 25, 2014 1:10 am

Okay, As much as I like Midas, I like Private Eye too, and I like the possibility of actually getting this game off the ground most, so yes, Generosity and Laughter are technically both open now, and if anyone wants to fill the last spot, you may make a character for either element. I'll change the front page to reflect this.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun May 25, 2014 4:47 am

I updated the stat spreadsheet with Compass Rose, Private Eye, (-) Midas Touch, and Sunlit Wave.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z0QHbL2kMrgDJlQz2SE42Rg20x96GG0Mh0KMRkwVDvc/edit#heading=h.kkvlc81kvgkb

Speaking of which, this is Sunlit Wave, my character. I'm really looking forward to this game now.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun May 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Oh, that was an amazing read. Looking forward to seeing Sunlit in action.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun May 25, 2014 3:56 pm

That is possibly the highest praise I've ever gotten for making a character. Thanks.

Also, I've been wondering, how do we get chosen? Do we just blink and find ourselves sitting in a ring in a forest, acutely aware of Discord's opening monologue? Or does some ridiculous aberration of an angel fly down from the heavens and poke us in the eye with a magic wand, offering us an "invitation" to join in Discord's Game? I think those are pretty much the two extremes. Where does reality fall in all this?

EDIT: I'm listening to Heads Will Roll right now, and I think it's the best fitting Meatloaf for this chapter of Sunlit Wave's life.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun May 25, 2014 4:46 pm

Both of those scenarios have happened. As well as the time Discord made a huge production broadcasting the choices to all the realms and encouraging everyone to take bets. Or the time he took six random ponies in the bath and dumped then in a swamp. Or the time he retconned all the participants except the winner, who who was brought back the second she left and no one believed when she said what happened. Its different each time is what I'm saying.

This does lead to a question I have for all of you. If Discord gave your character five minutes to say goodbye to anyone, ( someone they care about, someone they hate, etc) 1. Would they use it? 2. Would you want to roleplay using it? This'll probably solidify how it'll go this time.

Last edited by mjh6 on Sun May 25, 2014 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid phone's autocorrect)
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun May 25, 2014 6:49 pm

So, I just finished Compass backstory and combat skills. Still have some small things to tinker with- am
Ny suggestions? Thinking of changing her cutie mark skill to History- but for the most part, she's finished.

I'm looking forward to this.

EDIT
This does lead to a question I have for all of you. If Discord gave your character five minutes to say goodbye to anyone, ( someone they care about, someone they hate, etc) 1. Would they use it? 2. Would you want to roleplay using it? This'll probably solidify how it'll go this time.

Whoops, meant to answer that, my bad.

Well, I'd be interested in roleplaying it, so I guess by default that means Compass would too.

Last edited by TheCavalry on Sun May 25, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun May 25, 2014 8:26 pm

@ mjh6: Skitterbuzz probably wouldn't mind saying goodbye; she would also (ideally) want time to find somepony to take over as Beekeeper. Crystalite, however, is indifferent towards roleplaying it out. (I can if you want, won't mind if you don't.)

@ sunbeam: ...Whoa. I thought I had a lot of backstory. It's awesome though, so good on you!

@TheCavalry: Nah, go ahead and keep Perception. I don't know how this GM operates, but I suspect History is a low priority stat here...

Also. Well played with AJoaT; I have at least one character I need to modify now...

Also. I want to join the Sect of Lulamoon, who should I talk to? What 4th wall? 
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun May 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Whatever you can do in five minutes is possible. If enough people want to roleplay it out, It'll be part of the IC thread. If not, we'll cut straight to the games, and those who want to roleplay it may do so over pms.

I want to know more about the Sect of Lulamoon, too? What do they consider Magic? Boasting? Being awesome?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun May 25, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm ambivalent towards role playing it, but my characters are not. Midas would need to say goodbye to ruby and receive her gift, and Pri would want to hug everybody in the church goodbye.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun May 25, 2014 10:36 pm

I wouldn't mind roleplaying the goodbyes.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon May 26, 2014 12:42 am

I don't really have anyone to say goodbye to, though it would be right down Discord's alley to pluck me out of the realm when I was in the middle of a long job. Even then, I don't think I'd be in much of a position to say goodbye to people.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon May 26, 2014 12:50 am

Well, since some do, and some don't, I'm going to start the game with the actual game. Those that want to play out the goodbyes may message me now, and those that don't don't have to stand around waiting while the rest work things out.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next