The Sun Sets

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:51 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"I, for one, intend to head back to Canterlot," said Dodger. "It seems that despite my efforts to help I'm not welcome in Neighagra Falls."
"That's if you even get to skedaddle."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:55 pm

"Oh yes, I forgot," said Dodger. "You and your little captain prefer accusing ponies of crimes they didn't commit to letting them actually go about their lives. Silly me."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:00 pm

"Tell me, Lodger," Scales continues, "If you were in charge of a town belly full of zombies, what would be the first thing on your list to put all breaks on it spreading elsewhere?"

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:02 pm

"The first thing I would do, Detective Fails," said Dodger, butchering the name on purpose. "Is provide assistance to the group already working at containing and curing the zombie plague. Not accuse them of murder right off the bat pony. But then again, I may be making assumptions here. And making assumptions is YOUR speciality."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Gearick used his magic to push the unicorn into the portal first, before stepping through himself, trusting his fellow guard to follow him. Once the unicorn suddenly started screaming, he flinched in surprise, but soon recovered and did as Storm ordered, using his magic to shove the cloud and the unicorn on top of it over to the pegasus, stepping forwards so he could be off assistance if needed.
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:22 pm

As soon as the unicorn was in range, Storm pulled out a separate set of connections from the magical dialysis machine, and hooked the unicorn up, wincing all the while from the screaming.

"I hope this screaming isn't going to be a regular thing."
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Storm, Gearick:
As soon as he is within range of the machine and he sees the needles heading toward him, the Unicorn stops screaming in a terrified gasp. Then he continues- but this time he actually speaks. "NO, STOP! WHERE AM I? WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME, LET ME GO!" It is at this point that Cobalt recovers, and looks at Storm accusingly. "I thought you said he was a zombie?!" "ZOMBIES!? WHERE? SOMEPONY PLEASE HELP!"
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:49 pm

"Quiet! Everypony!"

Turning to the unicorn. "I'm Dr. Storm. Whats your name and what's the last thing you remember?"
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:58 pm

The Unicorns pained screaming lessens, but continues. "Thermal...Sizzzzzaaaaagghh it hurts! Let me go, it hurts so much!" "What did you do to him?" Cobalt demands, if not to Storm then to Gearick.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Turning to Cobalt.  "There may be a reaction between the The Void and the Blue Moon poison.  This is dialysis machine.  It will filter the poison from his blood."

Turning back to the Unicorn.  "Thermal.  We can help you.  We can make the pain go away.  This machine will remove the poison from your blood."

EDIT:Added in the addition explanation of the dialysis machine.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:15 am

Gearick was shocked when the unicorn suddenly started speaking, and was unable to reply to the guard when he demand what was going on, at least not until Storm had given an explanation, satisfied with that, he turned his attention to the unicorn. "It is okay sir, we have no desire to harm you. I am Gearick, Lancier First Class of the Royal Guard, we are here to help you, but please, calm yourself down as much as you can, to help you, we need your co-operation."
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"The first thing I would do, Detective Fails," said Dodger, butchering the name on purpose. "Is provide assistance to the group already working at containing and curing the zombie plague. Not accuse them of murder right off the bat pony. But then again, I may be making assumptions here. And making assumptions is YOUR speciality."
Scales takes a quick breath. "First, the name's Night Scales. Second, I haven't put you in bracelets yet, have I? You're held on suspicion. Being one of the few bozos in the joint and giving us a fake monicker ain't helping your case. But it'll be the evidence which'll lead us on the square."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:30 pm

"Ah, yes, evidence," said Dodger. "And... what evidence, exactly, have you gathered against me, Detective Snails? I'm quite curious, seeing as your partner in crime, so to speak, thought I was dangerous enough to warrant tackling to the ground before questioning began, so you must have SOMETHING damning." Again, he was fully aware that Snails wasn't the detective's name, but if she was going to butcher the names of his companions he thought it only fair to butcher hers.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:02 pm

"What the sergeant does ain't up to me sunshine. And my name is Night Scales."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:57 pm

"I take it from the fact that you avoided the question that you HAVE no evidence, only blind loyalty," said Dodger. "And I thought there was so much more to you, Detective Bails."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:17 am

Storm, Gearick:
Cobalt just stands by as you both address the Unicorn. The Unicorn's screams lessen in intensity, until they are just pained moans. "My head hurts...so much..." He is unable to struggle significantly enough to prevent Storm from hooking up the machine. It appears to begin working, drawing blood and filtering it. The Unicorn's moaning doesn't stop, though, and is only punctuated by a question. "Whyyy... why does it hurt." "Seconded," Cobalt adds coolly. "What's causing that?"
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:48 am

Storm taps a hoof to his chin. "Let me think for a moment. The poison is probably preventing the blood from doing its normal function, which is carrying oxygen to tissues and removing wastes."

OOC:Heal + FK(Diagnoses + FK:Poison)
Is there anything I can observe from the unicorn and previous cases of poisoning that I can add to the above statement?
Roll(1d20)+20:
12,+20
Total:32
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:17 am

Storm:
Considering the progression of stages of the poisoning victims, sudden consciousness and extreme localized pain don't seem to be natural symptoms. That their onset coincided so cleanly with him entering the Void, evidence would strongly suggest that that is what is causing them. Since the zombies outside do not act consciously, and this is a place of subconscious activity, then Storm can put two and two together- subconscious on the surface means conscious in the dreamworld, and putting a pony who is already in a dreamstate into the dreamworld, obviously has some serious negative reaction.

With such a conclusion, Storm is unsure if there is medically anything to be done about it, beyond trying to remove the poison. However, after a few minutes of cycling, it doesn't appear to be having any effect, if the Unicorn's moaning is any indication.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:01 am

Bronymous wrote:Storm:
Considering the progression of stages of the poisoning victims, sudden consciousness and extreme localized pain don't seem to be natural symptoms. That their onset coincided so cleanly with him entering the Void, evidence would strongly suggest that that is what is causing them. Since the zombies outside do not act consciously, and this is a place of subconscious activity, then Storm can put two and two together- subconscious on the surface means conscious in the dreamworld, and putting a pony who is already in a dreamstate into the dreamworld, obviously has some serious negative reaction.

With such a conclusion, Storm is unsure if there is medically anything to be done about it, beyond trying to remove the poison. However, after a few minutes of cycling, it doesn't appear to be having any effect, if the Unicorn's moaning is any indication.

"Hmm...I think..think that what we're seeing is a result of a dreaming pony being in a dreamworld."  Storm looks at the blank looks he's getting.  "Sorry.  How best to explain it?  The poisoned ponies are acting in a dreamlike state, acting on subconscious level.  Bringing our friend here, into The Void, which is a dreamworld, put him into full consciousness."

Storm looks at the dialysis machine for the blood poison level displayed for the unicorn and his own.  Has the percent gone down at all?
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:10 am

Storm:
The readout on the screen has not decreased at all. The machine whirrs away, obviously working, and should be doing exactly what you want it to do, but for some reason it isn't displaying any results.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:11 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"I take it from the fact that you avoided the question that you HAVE no evidence, only blind loyalty," said Dodger. "And I thought there was so much more to you, Detective Bails."
"Are you doing that on purpose? If so I suggest you clam up."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:42 am

Bronymous wrote:Storm:
The readout on the screen has not decreased at all. The machine whirrs away, obviously working, and should be doing exactly what you want it to do, but for some reason it isn't displaying any results.

OOC:Obvious question. Is it actually filtering the blood? Or just circulating it? What does the machine display for the unicorn's blood toxicity level?

Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:40 am

"Gearick, you said you were good with machines, right?  Can you come over here, please and take a look at it?'

Last edited by Cardbo on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:44 am

"If you wanted me to stop hurting your pwecious widdle feewings, you could have asked politely," said Dodger. "Though at this point I honestly doubt you're capable."
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Night Scales just looks away. "You're a wrong number Codger," sighs Scales. "Normal ponies don't get so worked up about helping a badge out."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top