Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 17 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:46 pm

Dodger:
The three ponies stare at you as you walk away, conversing amongst themselves. The first retreats to thre door he called you out from, and the other two take off into the air.
It takes several minutes to get to your hideout- outside of which there are 3 Royal Guards. Two of them are standing in the yard of the house next to yours, but the third is knocking on the door of your place, clearly looking for whoever lives there.

Storm:
This is the thinnest, weirdest smelling coffee you've ever seen. It's almost nauseating in how uncoffee-like it is.
"To be perfectly honest, Doctor, not being a 'normal plague', unknown variables, sound like more of an issue for your cure then for their protocol. But if you're confident you can formulate this cure, in a large enough amount, and have a way to disperse it amongst those infected... then the matter is very simply a matter of recompense." Juniper's ears perk up, and she exits the room again.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:37 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Dodger:

Storm:
This is the thinnest, weirdest smelling coffee you've ever seen. It's almost nauseating in how uncoffee-like it is.
"To be perfectly honest, Doctor, not being a 'normal plague', unknown variables, sound like more of an issue for your cure then for their protocol. But if you're confident you can formulate this cure, in a large enough amount, and have a way to disperse it amongst those infected... then the matter is very simply a matter of recompense." Juniper's ears perk up, and she exits the room again.

"I am very confident of my cure, but I do need to create it, both to cure myself and proof of concept. And as its proof of concept, I would not be able to generate large amounts of it. Let me ask Dr. Quick Fix. Assuming I have the cure and formula, would you have the facilities to generate large amounts of the cure and the means to distribute it?"
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Storm:
"Flatly? No. Not in the time constraints you're proposing. But proof of concept may be enough to stall the guards, or else attract other types of investment. If this disease isn't culled here, Luna forbid, but anyone who has a quick and ready formula for a cure would stand to make a substantial profit, and attract the attention of the larger pharmaceuticals who have the resources to mass produce the cure. And I may be able to get you in touch with one or more of them sooner, rather than later." Juniper reenters the room, stolid and silent as always.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:35 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Storm:
"Flatly? No. Not in the time constraints you're proposing. But proof of concept may be enough to stall the guards, or else attract other types of investment. If this disease isn't culled here, Luna forbid, but anyone who has a quick and ready formula for a cure would stand to make a substantial profit, and attract the attention of the larger pharmaceuticals who have the resources to mass produce the cure. And I may be able to get you in touch with one or more of them sooner, rather than later." Juniper reenters the room, stolid and silent as always.

"Than if we are going into business together, perhaps we should start drawing up a contract then?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 pm

"That's... not what I was expecting. I figured on more convincing needed, some more negotiation. Happy to see you have your head on straight." Juniper walks over to a cabinet, pulling out a piece of paper and a pen. She sets them down on the table, and removes the tea tray- making sure to leave the extra dish of sugar. As she again exits the room, Quick Fix picks up the pen. "Well, then I suppose we should just come down to it. Your formula, my lab, we make the samples needed to garner interest, and then have the pharmaceuticals bid for sole use of the recipe, and ensure royalties on product sold. Agreed?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Dodger:It takes several minutes to get to your hideout- outside of which there are 3 Royal Guards. Two of them are standing in the yard of the house next to yours, but the third is knocking on the door of your place, clearly looking for whoever lives there.
Well that might not be good. It could be just making sure everypony in the outskirts is fine and shows no signs of Blue Moon plague. But then, they could be onto him. The Lieutenant WAS from Canterlot, after all, and that's where most of Dodger's work was in his prime.

Or maybe he was paranoid and just needed to ask. He trotted up to the guard knocking on his door.

"Excuse me, officer, but can I help you?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:38 pm

Dodger:
"Oh, yes," the guard turns around. He is the standard white and blue color scheme, but unlike most guards he seems fairly young and coltish- maybe just graduated recently. "Sorry, sir, do you live here? There was a break-in at the house next door last night, we were wondering if anyone in the area saw anything. With the trouble in town its possible ponies are trying to take advantage of the chaos."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Dodger:
"Oh, yes," the guard turns around. He is the standard white and blue color scheme, but unlike most guards he seems fairly young and coltish- maybe just graduated recently. "Sorry, sir, do you live here? There was a break-in at the house next door last night, we were wondering if anyone in the area saw anything. With the trouble in town its possible ponies are trying to take advantage of the chaos."
"Oh my goodness, how horrible!" said Dodger, putting a hoof to his mouth in shock. "I do live here, yes, but I'm afraid I wasn't in the area last night. I know this sounds terrible, but I'm counting my blessings that it wasn't my house that got broken into!"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:01 am

"No, no, I'm certain. DO you mind telling me where you were, last night though? Just to be thorough."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:00 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:"That's... not what I was expecting. I figured on more convincing needed, some more negotiation. Happy to see you have your head on straight." Juniper walks over to a cabinet, pulling out a piece of paper and a pen. She sets them down on the table, and removes the tea tray- making sure to leave the extra dish of sugar. As she again exits the room, Quick Fix picks up the pen. "Well, then I suppose we should just come down to it. Your formula, my lab, we make the samples needed to garner interest, and then have the pharmaceuticals bid for sole use of the recipe, and ensure royalties on product sold. Agreed?"

"There is one concern I have. The cure's value is time sensitive. What I mean is that no pharmaceutical company will be interested in a cure that for something that no pony is troubled by. The Royal Guard is no doubt researching their own cure. I'm sure that there are other independent researchers doing the same. I've no illusions that I'm so brilliant that nopony else could come up with the same cure. If we wait too long, the cure will be worth nothing. It therefore seems best to me that we sell the cure to the Royal Guard. It should be worth a fair amount, especially if it means that don't have to research their own. Alternatively if there is a pharmaceutical company that Royal Guard regularly contracts to do their work, which unfortunately, I have no idea which they do or don't, that might also be an option as well."

OOC:History Roll. Does the Royal Guard contract their services to a pharmaceutical company?
Roll(1d20)+7:
2,+7
Total:9
Bah.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:20 am

Storm:
You have no idea how or even if the Guard makes cures, or who they would contract to.
"The Guard? As far as I'm aware, the Guard does no such thing. Distribute antidotes or aid, certainly, but not formulate it themselves. Nor are they known for paying top dollar, for anything. I suppose if you wish to explore that option, then it's your prerogative, but I can contact my people by tonight, and we'll have bids in the morning." Once again, Juniper returns. This time, she's carrying a small ledger, which she places on the table. Quick Fix looks at it, opens it to a recent page, looks it over, and then says. "Thank you my dear Juniper. That's all I need right now." She nods, and walks out the door you came in.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:33 am

Scales doesn't reply to the doctor's comment. She'll stay to find out the condition of the unicorn, regardless of if Bells has the hots for Scales or not...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:56 am

Bells does as the doctor asks, staring at the ceiling as he does his poking and prodding or whatever.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:09 am

Bells, Scales:
The doctor does indeed poke and prod, gauging your reactions. Moving from your right side, to flank, to lower abdomen, then back up the left side, the various touches hurt a minor amount, until he gets you on the left side of your belly. That same horrible pain from before returns, and he can tell from your reaction that he's found his mark. "Yeah, that's tough. There's some tissue damage in your abdomen, and there was definitely some internal bleeding, but luckily it wasn't too terribly serious since you didn't bleed out. The tissue damage might require surgery, though, otherwise it'll hang loose in there and just keep tearing." He removes his gloves and stands up. "I'll see about filing the paperwork and we'll try to get you out of here by the end of the day." He nods to Scales as we walks out the door. "All yours, ma'am."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:24 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:"No, no, I'm certain. DO you mind telling me where you were, last night though? Just to be thorough."
"I was in Figure Head's estate," said Dodger.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:11 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:Storm:
You have no idea how or even if the Guard makes cures, or who they would contract to.
"The Guard? As far as I'm aware, the Guard does no such thing. Distribute antidotes or aid, certainly, but not formulate it themselves. Nor are they known for paying top dollar, for anything. I suppose if you wish to explore that option, then it's your prerogative, but I can contact my people by tonight, and we'll have bids in the morning." Once again, Juniper returns. This time, she's carrying a small ledger, which she places on the table. Quick Fix looks at it, opens it to a recent page, looks it over, and then says. "Thank you my dear Juniper. That's all I need right now." She nods, and walks out the door you came in.

"That make sense, then. Would you have any idea who they would contract for the the job? Is there one they regularly use?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:19 pm

As the doctor leaves, Bells carefully rolls onto her stomach and looks down at her hooves. "You... do not have to stay any longer than you wish to, as far as I am aware..."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Dodger:
The guard, who had been perfectly neutral towards you so far, gives you a suspicious look. "Estate... as in the Estates neighborhood, the one that's been quarantined and sealed off? What were you doing there?"

Storm:
"Not that I'm aware of. But given the situation I'm su-" Quick Fix is cut off by a ringing sound, like a miniature alarm clock. He pulls a pocket watch out of his coat and looks at it. "Oh, I have something to attend to. Doctor, we can continue this later, but if you be so kind to sign," he indicates the paper, which apparently at some point was filled out with very brief, yet concise terms of your agreement. "And then Juniper will come to show you to a room. You will be staying here the night at least, yes?" He stands and makes his way over to the door, but doesn't leave quite yet, waiting on you.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:04 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:

Storm:
"Not that I'm aware of. But given the situation I'm su-" Quick Fix is cut off by a ringing sound, like a miniature alarm clock. He pulls a pocket watch out of his coat and looks at it. "Oh, I have something to attend to. Doctor, we can continue this later, but if you be so kind to sign," he indicates the paper, which apparently at some point was filled out with very brief, yet concise terms of your agreement. "And then Juniper will come to show you to a room. You will be staying here the night at least, yes?" He stands and makes his way over to the door, but doesn't leave quite yet, waiting on you.

"Sorry, let me just take a look here."

OOC: Perception.  Taking a look at the contract.  Just taking a look to see if there is any clauses that Storm should be wary of.  Would it be too much to ask to ask to see the contract verbatim?  Actually going to use Coolness first, in case  of crit fails.

Coolness (4) – 5/Day
Preparation Time: Instantaneous
On your next skill check, you may reroll natural 1s. You also gain a +3 bonus to the check if it uses your Expert Skill.
Perception

Roll(1d20)+7:
1,+7
Total:8

Reroll Perception
Roll(1d20)+7:
11,+7
Total:18
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Storm:
The contract, such as it is, reads as follows.
With pertinence to the disease currently afflicting the town of Neighagara Falls, Doctors Quick Fix and Storm Eye, upon signature of this document, to hereby enter into the following contract:
1) Storm Eye and Quick Fix enter into a partnership, lasting until the conditions of this contract and partnership have been met.
2) Using Quick Fix's resources, including but not limited to: His laboratory, his medical materials, etc., Storm Eye will manufacture a cure to the aforementioned disease.
3) Both parties are free to pursue monetary gain from use of aforementioned cure- however, if sold to a third party for profit, both Storm Eye and Quick Fix must agree on the terms of the sale and shall take equal share of the profits.
4) A Breach of any term of this contract will result in nullification of the deal, and only through private agreement between both parties may advancement of the goals of this partnership continue. Failure to do so may result in surrendering all assets pertaining to the deal by the breacher, or civil action if otherwise insettled.

Signed: Quick Fix, M.D.
Signed: _________________
Notated/Witnessed: Ms. Juniper Leaves, 3rd Party Associate
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Storm signs the document.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:42 pm

After Storm signs the document, he mentions. "By the way, you wouldn't have any Red Oak, would you? Its an essential ingredient in my cure."

OOC: I was really hoping the tea would be Red Oak, but with that crit fail, I've no idea.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:57 pm

"Oh, I'm not entirely sure. I'm not so much an apothecary, but we do keep some alchemical ingredients on hand, for various purposes. When Juniper gets back, feel free to ask, she'll show you around and see if she cant attend to your needs. Please don't hesitate to call on her for anything while you're here." With that, Quick Fix exits the room, shutting the door behind him. You can hear it lock.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:47 am

"Uh oh..." Gearick muttered before turning to his fellow guard, saying. "We might want to double back, we got some of those gigglers from the left and the right. Plus, heading back to the quartine might get us someone that actually knows their way around this place. The quicker we get this done, the better."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Gearick:
Cobalt looks up. "I hear them." He takes another look around. "Good idea, I'm not getting anywhere with this." He turns around and begins heading back towards Quick Fix's house. "We could try splitting up, but that's dangerous. But for now we're just wandering, any ideas on how to get help? The place is all but zombieland."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next