Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 30 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Scales:
Everyone notices you enter the room, and don't think anything of it. WHen you come up and stand to the side patiently though, they pause their conversation, the Surgeon turning to look at you. "Oh, hello miss. Is everything alright? How is miss Bells?"
"Everything's peachy," replies Night Scales, "Just asking if Sells is thinking straight, not snowed up on any hop. What she told me was pretty out there."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Sunburst:
"Of course, dear, of course." Quick Fix withdraws his hoof. "Just.... just drug effects. Nothing else. Nothing else." He returns to his chair, and looks at you again. "But there may be... aftershocks. Please wait." You don't feel anything else happening though.

Gearick:
"Of course. I understand." Her own horn begins to glow, and the lights in the room flicker a bit. Cobalt calls up from downstairs, "It's up!" "Excellent, whenever you're ready."

Scales:
The four other ponies kind of stare at you a bit, uncomprehending. One of them mutters, "Damn, where's the Sergeant when you need him." The surgeon looks at you for a moment and then works it out. "Uhh... Miss Bells? We had to detox her of the anesthetics as soon as she had her reaction. She's not under the influence of any drugs, so anything she told you... unless she's lying, of course."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:05 pm

"Alright, but just to make I'm counting my cards right, the complication was... well..." Night Scales stops to consider how to portray the miscarriage without flatout saying it and disturbing Bells' privacy, so she places a hoof on the lower part of her stomach and rub as one would rub the belly of a pregnant mare...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Gearick nodded and closed his eyes, reaching out towards the spell and feeding his mana into it. Being careful not to put too much into the spell as to leave him too drained, but at the same time, trying to put as much magic into the spell as he could.

Arcana:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Sunburst looks at Quick Fix, trying to get a read.  He seems... off.  Not like before with the directed malice, but more like "Light on but nobody 's home," with how he was selectively ignoring her, but she wasn't sure.  In addition, she didn't trust the Unicorn as far as she could throw him, and was fishy about whether there was really "nothing else."

Peception/Empathy:

Perception/Lie Detection:

OOC:
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Scales:
The other guards watch you curiously, and the Surgeon stands up. "Let's talk in the hall." He leads you back outside the room, shutting the door. "Yes, she was... expecting. And yes, she is no longer. I understand, being her partner, that must be quite disconcerting. I'm more concerned that she seems perfectly at ease with the whole situation."

Gearick:
You effortlessly fuel your magic into the spell, at just the right amount. She is almost surprised at how easy it is to transfer over to you. "That's very good, thank you. Now..." Because of the effort saved, she very quickly casts another spell, which you feel affect the current one as you hold it. "There, that was quite painless. You may stop now, thank you."

Sunburst:
Quick Fix is most definitely lying, or at least hiding something. In either case, whatever reason he has to keep you chained up is most likely not concerns of "aftershocks".

Gearick, nat 20 means you get to skip the other 2 skill checks in the challenge.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Sunburst appraises Quick Fix another moment when she feels the trickle of blood coming out of her nose. She wipes it on her foreleg as best she can while she ponders what to do. Getting angry and yelling won't help, that would just get Quick Fix angry as well then, he, Juniper or that other pony would just inject her again, and she prefers listless Quick Fix... But...

"Quick Fix? You said that working on a treatment right? Well, maybe if I knew what you were looking for I could tell what symptoms're happening and maybeeee.. help?. I-I mean I don't know much about medicine but its good to you know... bounce ideas off ponies... especially when they're um-uh... experiencing what you're looking at?"
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:52 pm

(Awesome)

"That was easier than expected." Gearick said as he dropped the flow of magic, rather pleased as to how well he managed to do. "I think I got rather lucky then... so, as we have done the favour to you, may we have our favour in kind?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:54 pm

The other guards watch you curiously, and the Surgeon stands up. "Let's talk in the hall." He leads you back outside the room, shutting the door. "Yes, she was... expecting. And yes, she is no longer. I understand, being her partner, that must be quite disconcerting. I'm more concerned that she seems perfectly at ease with the whole situation."
Scales takes a moment to consider what the surgeon has said. "Well, first, I ain't dizzy with no dame, capiche? Second... erm..." The mare thought for a bit, making connections and monologuing. She slaps herself out of it after a bit, regaining composure. "She didn't freak out when she got ear of what happened?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Long enough to hear the issue," said Dodger, trotting alongside Bells to make sure nothing bad happens. "Of what you've heard, what bears investigating first, in your humble opinion?"
"Ho... First, I think we should find her son. After that we can address other issues of safety." Bells says, still following the mare.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Gearick:
"Oh, yes, I suppose. What was it you wanted? Oh, the book, yes?" Pepper's horn lights up again, and a drawer across the room opens. She levitates a small yellow book out of the drawer, and over to her lap. She frowns a bit, tracing her hoof over the cover. "You realize what giving this to him means right? This kind of leverage, the thing she could make me do..."

Scales:
The Surgeon simply nods at your first comment, then answers your question. "No. At least, not visibly. She just seemed to find it... curious. Amusing even, like a surprising sports score. I mean, either finding out you were pregnant, or finding out you miscarried? One of the two should hit you, I should think."

Bells, Dodger:
The mare trots down the stairs, angry. She looks back to you, eyes teary. "Do you know where he is or not? I need to find him before that bitch does."

Sunburst:
"Oh... no. Not a specific treatment. I mean, yes, I'm researching possible treatments but no specific disease. If you would like...." Quick fix get's up and moves to your restraints, loosening them, and releasing you. "Please wait here, I need to retrieve Miss Juniper. I'd like to interview about what happened, maybe check your vitals one more time... and then I suppose you'll be free to go." He starts heading towards the door. "Please, just wait a little longer."

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Jsser23 Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Penned manages to get his bow out while being held by one of pegasus ponies, and shoots an arrow toward the other pegasus.

Stats:
Combat:

Last edited by Jsser23 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jsser23
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:48 pm

"Is there any other way of paying him?" Gearick prompted at this, not liking the doctor and preferring this mare over him anyday. "He said get the book only if we can't find you after all... and I don't want to give him any more than necessary. What's even in the book anyway?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:15 am

Sleuth:
The Pegasus you shoot is about to retaliate, but Is stopped by a Guard barreling into him, knocking him away and out of the air. The other two come to a hover in front of you and the one holding you. "Let him go, and both of you get groundside, Now!" The older stallion speaks in a harsh tone, but a younger mare Guard speaks as well, in a soothing tone. "There's no need to draw this out any more. Fight's over, no need for any more violence."

New Initiative:
Combat:

Totals: Peg 1 ran, Peg 2 KO'd, PS and Peg 3 each gain 3 hp and lose 1 pip.
PS's turn.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 am

"First, we should talk to the Guard to find out if they know anything, and they should. I myself do not know his current location, but there are a lumber of places he should be." Bells calmly explains, looking around for the nearest member of the Guard she can ask for help.
Perception:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Jsser23 Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:28 am

Penned, thinking through his options carefully, turns to the pegasus holding him and says " Listen, the guards will not let you go easily if you keep fighting, if you give up now, they might not use extreme force."
OOC:

Jsser23
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:18 am

The Surgeon simply nods at your first comment, then answers your question. "No. At least, not visibly. She just seemed to find it... curious. Amusing even, like a surprising sports score. I mean, either finding out you were pregnant, or finding out you miscarried? One of the two should hit you, I should think."
"Yeah. Well, thanks doc. I'll be leaving now." Scales begins to move away, before stopping, "Oh, and tell that young guard that my red earth pony friend says hi." Scales starts to leave now...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:52 am

Sunburst is taken aback by the sudden acquiescence, and suspicious.  But she isn't about to give up a chance to get out of the restraints.  As soon as the bonds are released she tries to get up and stumbles a bit.  He legs feel wobbly, either from the drugs or from being restrained she wasn't sure, and her wings feel cramped.  She give her wings a few flaps and flares them out to stretch them.
"Th-thank you," She tells Quick Fix.  She's still having trouble getting a bead on him and she's not relishing the thought of being in the room with only Quick Fix and Juniper.  But... She really wasn't sure what to think of Juniper. And then there's that third pony...  Her head twinges a bit, likely an effect of plowing headlong into a door frame.  
She goes cross-eyed for a moment trying to look at her bloodied nose. "Is there a towel, or gauze, or something I can have?" She takes a quick scan of the room looking for something to clean up her muzzle, and a sink.

OOC:
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Gearick:
"The book is personal information. It's blackmail material, basically. He wants it so he can extort me, and my finances." She sighs, opening it to the first page. "It's also a reminder of my late fiance. I only agreed to give it to him as payment because I was desperate. My body was being destroyed, I was dying. He was the only one who had the ability to help me... ad now I owe him more than I can afford to give."

Scales:
"Yeah of c- oh? Uh, yeah, sure I'll tell him." The surgeon smirks a bit, opening the door to the break room, and retreating into it.

Bells, Dodger:
You look around as Blackberry leads you back into the main lobby. The first guard you happen to see, conveniently, is the surgeon. You see him finish speaking to Scales, just before heading back into the break room. Neither of them notice you.

Sunburst:
"Oh, yes, of course." Quick Fix points out the sink and paper towels, then exits the room. You hear the door lock behind him. Once he's gone, you can take a better look around. The room is ostensibly just a patient examination room. The cabinets have a sparse collection of basic supplies- tongue depressors, cotton swabs and balls, gauze strips, bandages, a first aid kit. And, in one of the drawers, a bottle of iodine solution, a bottle of saline, some unmarked pills, and a set of 5 unused syringes, one of which looks like its big enough to impale a pony on. In the drawer below it, there is a simple surgical kit- scissors, stitching, a scalpel.

Sleuth:
The Pegasus grips you tightly, not willing to let go. "Just... just stay back, I... I have a hostage." His voice is shaky. Clearly he wasn't expecting a confrontation with the Guard. As he grips you though, you find you can still move fairly well, and he seems to be very distracted right now.

Storm:
You mange to shave off some bits of wood into your mixture. It isn't pretty, but it looks like you have just about done it. Just before you complete the antidote, though, the door to the lab opens. "Everything coming along, Dr. Storm?" Quick Fix asks nonchalantly. "Unfortunately I will need to steal your companion for the moment. Miss Juniper, the patient requires assistance." She nods, turning to walk with him towards the door.

PS, combat is officially on pause (probably over) for now, so you're recombined.

Storm, if you're going to do the bonus to curing a disease roll thing, now is the time.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:47 pm

“I... see...” Gearick said, frowning at this information, he had got confirmation that the Doctor was NOT a nice guy, but at the same time, it wasn’t evidence to stand-up in court. “Do you know anyone else that is being blackmailed by him?” He asked cautiously, not exactly hopeful for it, but searching for something to bring the Doctor down. “And... you're a skilled illusionist. Is there anyway where can cast an illusion over a book to disguise it as this book, but with incorrect information?”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Scales starts to head to the office she shares with the other detectives...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:32 pm

"Ah, detective!" said Dodger, catching sight of Night Scales. "Perfect timing! We were just about to help this mare find her child. Care to aid us?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Night Scales sighs. She kinda has a lot on her plate as it was. "Any idea where the foal might be?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:13 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:
Storm:
You mange to shave off some bits of wood into your mixture. It isn't pretty, but it looks like you have just about done it. Just before you complete the antidote, though, the door to the lab opens. "Everything coming along, Dr. Storm?"

"Quite well, Dr Quick-Fix"

A1C Bronymous wrote:
Quick Fix asks nonchalantly. "Unfortunately I will need to steal your companion for the moment. Miss Juniper, the patient requires assistance." She nods, turning to walk with him towards the door.

"That is a shame. I'll miss the witty banter."

As they leave, Storm fiddles with the mortar and pestle and some beakers to produce the cure.

Spoiler:
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:18 pm

"You're a detective," said Dodger. "And I'm good at finding my way around. Between us and Bells' magical assistance we should be able to find him easily."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next