The Sun Sets

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Storm, Gearick, Sunburst:
"Well I do believe she still needs her rest, but I suppose that will have to suffice for now. I have no intention of causing her any more stress." Quick Fix nods, and waves over Juniper, who silently follows him, away from Sunburst. "Shall we see how your other patient is doing, Doctor Storm?"

Others:
You are all alerted to Cobalt arriving by Dodger. Noting the barricade guards, he keeps a slight distance, showing he has no intention of crossing. "Oh, you know, zombie stuff. So what's this about, something about a kid?" "YES!" Blackberry runs forward, rushing up to the barricade. "He's missing, they said you were supposed to bring him to Town Hall but he wasn't there! And now that Midnight mare is out looking for him, and who knows what she'll do if she finds him, we have to get him first! WHERE DID YOU TAKE HIM?" She's nearly in hysterics, and Swallowtail and Bells move up to comfort her. Meanwhile Cobalt looks around, concerned. "I did take the foal to Town Hall. I have no idea what happened after I left though. Who's this 'Midnight Mare'?"
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:33 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:Storm, Gearick, Sunburst:
"Well I do believe she still needs her rest, but I suppose that will have to suffice for now. I have no intention of causing her any more stress." Quick Fix nods, and waves over Juniper, who silently follows him, away from Sunburst. "Shall we see how your other patient is doing, Doctor Storm?"
"[/color]

"A good idea. I don't want to be away from my patient for too long." Storm heads back to the room where Thermal is.
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Gearick paused, watching as the Doctor's turned back to the test-subject. Personally, he was more interested in Sunburst and how the 'Good' Doctor had been treating her, but that would have to wait. Hopefully they wouldn't notice if the two of them hung back to have a little quiet chat... if she would be up to that or notice it.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Sunburst tenses up when Juniper walks past her but when Juniper, Quick Fix, and Dr. Storm turn away she relaxes and takes a step away from the wall. She's gives Gearick a cautious look as if she is trying to appraise his intentions.
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:40 am

Gearick waited a few moments for the others to walk away, before glancing at Sunburst, and then down at her hooves, saying. "So... what's your side of the story about being in here and treated by the 'good' Doctor?" The unicorn making sure that the word good was laced with so much sarcasm that it sounded like he could be sarcastic about his sarcasm.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:32 pm

Walking along Dr. Quick-Fix, he asks. "So Doctor, what made you want to go into medicine? If it's not too personal a question.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Gearick was so sarcastic that he discovered that the sarcasm plane is a mobius strip and he's so convincing even the zombies and Gearick himself outside believes Quick Fix is a good doctor.

After Gearick asks Sunburst she looks down, rubs where the restraints were again. A small scowl crosses her face and then she look Gearick in the eye.
"I wasn't being 'treated', I was his test subject. They needled me and knock me out. And-and when I woke I was..." She rubs her foreleg again, her gaze falters and she looks away from Gearick.
OOC:

Sorry 'bout the spotty characterization, still trying to get the hang of getting in and out of character when there's days between actions. Friggin' PbP...
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Storm:
"Oh, well, you know how Cutie Marks are. I can't say I ever had a resounding urge to help ponies like some doctors profess, but I found out it was my Special talent as a colt, so I put it to use. I do certainly enjoy my work, helping and healing, but the profits certainly make it that much more of interest to me."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:42 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Storm:
"Oh, well, you know how Cutie Marks are. I can't say I ever had a resounding urge to help ponies like some doctors profess, but I found out it was my Special talent as a colt, so I put it to use. I do certainly enjoy my work, helping and healing, but the profits certainly make it that much more of interest to me."

"Unfortunately, I can't say the same. My cutie mark points me in an entirely different direction from medicine, but its for this reason I'm always curious as to the viewpoints of other doctors."

Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:35 am

"Bound?" Gearick suggested quietly, not only was binding a pony down so they couldn't escape kinda the obvious thing to do. But with how Sunburst kept rubbing her hooves, he was pretty sure he knew exactly where she the restraints had been on her body as well.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:05 pm

"...Yeah..." Sunburst says looking down on her hooves then at Gearick, "I broke out of them once but Juniper caught me and needled me out again, when I came to afterwards things were... I don't know... weird. Quick Fix said it was the drugs but it just seems like a blur-my nose was bleeding and then... he let me out of the chains and needled me again then things got fuzzy, he said I could leave when able to but I..." She shakes her head as if trying to clear it.

"I barely made it here with those crazy laughing ponies..."
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:23 pm

“I see.” Gearick said with a frown on his face, not happy with the story relayed to him. It sounded back for the doctor, but it wasn’t certain, which meant the guard had no reason to step in and investigate him or take Sunburst away. As it was, it reinforced his resolve to stand against Quick Fix as he extended his hoof to the mare, saying. “Gearick, nice to meet you miss, stick with me and I’ll keep you safe. I promise.”
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:31 am

Sunburst takes a half-step back when Gearick raises his hoof. But then steps forwards and shakes it. She gives Gearick a smile and
"Sunburst."
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:51 am

Sunburst, Gearick:
When Sunburst stands up, she suddenly sees Juniper staring at the two of them over Gearick's shoulder. Still standing by the door, she is unreadable- it's unclear if she heard what was said at all- but seems to be waiting for you, if not outright watching you.

Storm:
"Yes, of course. I must say I applaud your dedication to a field like this when it isn't an innate talent. Certainly takes devotion and drive to want to help." Quick Fix coughs nervously, keeping his eyes on your patient. "I... I realize how I'm perceived. I'm not the most ethical doctor, nor do I claim to be in it solely to help ponies, so I understand if you take my compliments with extra salt. But, I am good at what I do, and I recognize when someone else shines brighter than myself, either in skill or in personality. If it weren't for ponies like you, medicine would not be what it is today, and I greatly appreciate the efforts of those who are my better."

Others:
"She's a hateful, sadistic pony. She claims to want to help, but she... she hurts in return. I..." Blackberry trails off, and Cobalt looks up at the rest of you, looking for further explanation- primarily from Scales or Dodger. Meanwhile, The two cats get their owners' attention- Bells and Penned are both jolted to attention by their pets clawing up their legs and onto their backs, each of them trying to communicate. While Locke simply sits, staring at Penned, Snuggles swats at Bells' mane, both of them agitated- though interestingly, Snuggles isn't speaking with Bells telepathically for some reason.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:22 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:

Storm:
"Yes, of course. I must say I applaud your dedication to a field like this when it isn't an innate talent. Certainly takes devotion and drive to want to help." Quick Fix coughs nervously, keeping his eyes on your patient. "I... I realize how I'm perceived. I'm not the most ethical doctor, nor do I claim to be in it solely to help ponies, so I understand if you take my compliments with extra salt. But, I am good at what I do, and I recognize when someone else shines brighter than myself, either in skill or in personality. If it weren't for ponies like you, medicine would not be what it is today, and I greatly appreciate the efforts of those who are my better."

There's a slight crinkling at Storm's eyebrows and he says, perhaps a bit too stiffly. "Thank you, doctor, for your compliments and your honesty."
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:40 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Others:
"She's a hateful, sadistic pony. She claims to want to help, but she... she hurts in return. I..." Blackberry trails off, and Cobalt looks up at the rest of you, looking for further explanation- primarily from Scales or Dodger.
"From what little I know, this is accurate," said Dodger. "Midnight Sun is a high-standing member of a protection racket of some kind - however, unlike the stereotypical rackets that hurt if you do NOT accept their protection, hers is the type that will hurt you either way. Rather brutish if you ask me. If she were to find out where the child was..."

He left the sentence unfinished, not wishing to upset Blackberry any further.
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jsser23 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:34 am

"Locke, what's up with you?" Penned asked trying to get a read on Locke.

Jsser23
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 am

Sunburst takes a small jump back when she notices Juniper.

"Ah-Juniper! I-uh-I... Are you here to show me to the restroom?" The forced smile returns Sunbursts face. She looks from Juniper back at Gearick and then to Juniper.
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:56 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:The two cats get their owners' attention- Bells and Penned are both jolted to attention by their pets clawing up their legs and onto their backs, each of them trying to communicate. While Locke simply sits, staring at Penned, Snuggles swats at Bells' mane, both of them agitated- though interestingly, Snuggles isn't speaking with Bells telepathically for some reason.
Glad more than ever for her extra-thick fur, Bells swivels her head as best she can to look at Snuggles. Speaking in her native tongue to try to calm him down, she says (translated), "Snuggles, what's wrong? Just tell me."

((Do I have to roll persuasion?))
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
A1C Bronymous wrote:Others:
"She's a hateful, sadistic pony. She claims to want to help, but she... she hurts in return. I..." Blackberry trails off, and Cobalt looks up at the rest of you, looking for further explanation- primarily from Scales or Dodger.
"From what little I know, this is accurate," said Dodger. "Midnight Sun is a high-standing member of a protection racket of some kind - however, unlike the stereotypical rackets that hurt if you do NOT accept their protection, hers is the type that will hurt you either way. Rather brutish if you ask me. If she were to find out where the child was..."

He left the sentence unfinished, not wishing to upset Blackberry any further.
Night Scales raises an eyebrow at this...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:22 pm

"No... no, none of that... that's not true. Do you ponies even know what you're talking about?" I step forward, not even angry, just upset and pleading to Cobalt. "That's not how she is. Midnight is just a little rough with ponies, she doesn't hurt anyone, and she certainly wouldn't hurt a foal that she agreed to go find!"
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Bells looks at Gen. "You may be entirely correct of what you have seen of Midnight, but it seems that most other ponies have a different experience with her. It is not unknown for ponies to act differently around the ones they care for when only the rest of the world sees them at their worst."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:06 am

I look at Bells, biting my lip. "But she can't be... she can be rough sometimes, but she doesn't... she wouldn't hurt anybody..."
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:30 am

Bells sighs. "Ponies lie sometimes, you should know that by now. I know it seems impossible, but what other story makes sense when presented with how everypony else in this town has such a view of Midnight? Ho could the pony you know get the reaction you saw out of Blackberry here, when my experience with her before then showed her to be hostile toward none? Where I come from, the most surprised ponies when somepony is shown to be a bad pony is those closest to their heart, because everypony needs something good in their lives, and the only place the pony usually finds that is their loved ones." ((I really really wanted to use fewer, larger words, but I have to keep in mind Bells' limited vocabulary from being a foreigner. Feel free to have your characters see her as simple for not using big words or something.))
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:39 am

I look at the ground sadly. "You might be right about that." I fall silent, and sit down. "I still don't think she's a bad pony. Have any of you actually seen her do anything like this? Or just heard rumors?"
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top