Discordian Promise

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discordian Promise

Post  mjh6 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Every game was different.

They were Discord's Games, after all. And in a world controlled and ran by the Chaotic Lord, it said something that the Games were where he really cut loose. Anything could happen. While the winners rarely said more then that, they tended to agree on that point.

Even if the start of the game was simple as a silvery void, with everyone in a separate bubble. And even if there appeared to only be five Element Bearers this time.

But the Element Bearers didn't have much time to consider the situation before electric green fireworks interrupted their thoughts.

Well, it looks like now's a good time to start. Everyone's said goodbye and gone to relieve themselves.  Any questions?"
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discordian Promise

Post  Elacular on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:51 pm

Midas' eyes were wide and he stagared back, awkwardly falling on his haunches. He gently brought one hoof to his throat, touching the collar underneath his scarf, but said nothing. He looked to his left and right, trying to get a look at the others around him, trying to understand who or what they were.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:49 am

For most ponies, clothing was a thing for special occasions. Simple accessories, like scarves or hats, might be more functional for daily wear-and-tear, but a full costume was almost decadently expensive.

Surprisingly, one pony in their midst was wearing such an outfit. Even more surprisingly, she didn't seem to be taking good care of it.
The cloak hanging off her was battered, dusty and torn, with ragged edges near her mane-line to show where a hood had once been. Covering her barrel was a vest with various pockets sewn into it, and beneath that was another plain shirt, it's sleeves rolled up. To top it all off, her back hooves were covered by a pair of -urgh- treaded boots.

It almost looked like the pony has gone to deliberate efforts to cover as much of her coat as she could. What was exposed was mostly on her forelegs and her face, and was light pink colour beneath an off-white mane.

She fidgeted. One hoof reached into her pocket and pulled out a small trinket, turning it over and over. She looked at her fellow elements one at a time  with bright eyes that seemed nervous, but also as if they were sparkling.
When she saw the Minotaur, her eyes went as wide as plates- until she saw Midas, and seemed to shrink into her self.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:31 am

Skitterbuzz opened her eyes.

As she took in the silvery void, she sensed something at the edge of her perception: reaching out to it, she suddenly saw her life flash before her eyes. Meeting Flitter Leaf. Helping Momma with the bees. Her Cutie Mark. Becoming the Bee Keeper. Flitter's death -

No! I musn't break down now, she silently told herself. Finally, she recalled the most recent event of her life. Becoming a Player. Discord had given her only a few minutes to say goodbye... Thankfully her parents had been nearby when it happened. And surely they could train a new Bee Keeper...

And here she was. Would this be her end? She resigned herself as she looked around. Wasn't there supposed to be six of them? Had one of them died already? Her eyes fell on a well-dressed pony (By Discordian standards) two bubbles down. She looked like a Survivor. Then she noticed a Minotaur. Surely he could do it.

As the fireworks started, Skitter heard somebody - presumably the Chaotic one - ask a question. About their own questions, which struck her as odd. But only for a moment; having a chance to be heard, she spoke up indignantly.

"There's only five of us! Aren't there supposed to be six!?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:53 pm

At the sound of the other contestant's voice, Midas looked at the other bubbles and found that there were only five of them. The earth pony with the pretty eyes and the raggedy clothes, the Pegasus mare who had been the first to speak up, another Pegasus who seemed like a stallion and...

oh no

Oh no. No no no no no!

As he saw his last opponent, any hope of seeing Ruby again melted into the aether. Midas had never been big. He was scrawny and short and blended into the background. But he had never felt so small, so inconsequential and meaningless as he did looking at this massive minotaur. A choked sob came out of him, but he quickly swallowed the rest of them.

"And-" his voice cracked with youth and with emotion. "And if I die, could you give Ru-...could you give my stuff back to my...Tagged mother, please?

Midas chose his words carefully. He had to.

Last edited by Elacular on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Shaking his head, Steel looked around. "Hey, yeah. How are we supposed to get all the elements if there's only five of us?"
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Sunlit Wave opens his eyes and looks around, ruffling his feathers a little as he looks 'up' at the silver nothingness around him. His eyes darken as Discord speaks, but he doesn't move until the small unicorn nearby shudders. The warmly-colored pegasus takes a few steps towards him before noticing the bubble. He experimentally pokes the edge, hoping to roll it towards the small unicorn.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:24 pm

As the Bearers asked their questions, the fireworks burst more and more wildly, in various slightly odd colors.  Slowly, they converged into a single point in front of all them, finally exploding into a Discord-shaped burst, which became the real Discord in an instant. Before any of those gathered could react to his appearance, he turned his attention to Sunlit Wave, calling his bubble forward.

"Trying to get a jump on the competition, are we? Why do you think I put you in individual bubbles in the first place? I went to a great deal of trouble making these games for you , you know. Ruining my fun by killing each other in the first five minutes is just... rude." As Discord spoke, he steadily shrunk Sunlit's bubble, until he found himself squeezed in a rather uncomfortably awkward position.  Discord turned to the whole group. You all are going to behave though and not try to move my bubbles, right?" On saying this, he sent Sunlit's bubble back to where it belonged, and released it so it was only somewhat more cramped than before.

This being taken care of he looked over the group, and made a show of counting the participants. "Why, you're right! There are only five of you here. But really, how important is a single Element, after all? A cruel smirk grew along his face. "I guess that's for you to figure out. Not mine. he added suddenly turning to Steel. Do I look like your life coach? Or a Delivery Draconequus? switching to Midas. I'm afraid that if you want to make returns, you'll have to take care of it yourself. Although speaking of delivery...

At the last sentence, Discord suddenly was in a proper delivery outfit, complete with clipboard and a nondescript brown package. Now, a few groups have complained that this game of mine, is too hard. Worse still, they accuse me of it being impossible to win. They say that the elements aren't in the arenas I work so hard on, or that they don't even exist. And while punishing them can be fun, it, like so many things, can also get rather dull to keep having to deal with. So this time...  The box bursts open, and and five very battered looking trinkets float towards each of the Bearers. These are, in fact the Elements of Harmony. Or at least, the largest pieces of them. If you want them to work fully, you'll still need to find the other halves.

ooc:
First off, fear my MS Paint skills!

Next. Remember how I said that the Elements will work slightly differently in this game. Here's how:
As long as  you have the physical copies of the Elements, you each get a free Spellchild-ed use per day.
If you lose them, however, you can't use your element at all.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:01 am

At the male Pegasus moving towards him, Midas flinched back, fur on the back of his neck bristling. When Discord showed up and demanded they not move their bubbles, he quickly stumbled to his feet to make sure that his didn't roll by accident. When the Chaos God said he wasn't a delivery dra...draqo...thingy, he hung his head and nodded quietly.

At the sound of the box bursting open, he looked up and saw a tarnished silver piece floating in front of him. Gently, he gripped it with his magic and pulled it close to him, gently wiping it with his scarf's end,

Last edited by Elacular on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:12 am

Sunlit Waves looks mildly panicked as the bubble closes in around him, scrambling to suck in his gut and make himself smaller in the more compacted space. Once the bubble expands to a less constricting size, he settles himself with a few deep breaths before sticking out his tongue at Discord, just as the box bursts open. He quickly retracts his tongue and brings the element up to his face as best he can, tracing the jagged edges of the crystal with a feather tip. When he finds that he's still too cramped to properly attach the element, he keeps it in one hoof, and momentarily considers licking it.

Last edited by sunbeam on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:55 am

Compass Compass stared as the piece of blue crystal approached, and did her best to suppress a sudden panic. The Games hadn't even started yet, so surely Discord wasn't just going to pop the bubbles and let the Bearers spill out to fall, spiralling forever into the unending, silvery void...

She couldn't stop herself from flinching as the edge of the element (the jagged and broken edge) came into contact with the (easily breakable!) outer bubble skin... then stared with fascination as the element passed through the bubble without popping it.

Compass reached out a hoof, and held the element gently, and for a second, curiosity overcame fear. Whatever happened next, it didn't change the fact that Compass Rose was holding one of the most ancient Wonders in all the Realms. She couldn't help but smile a little, her coat starting to shine slightly as she did.

Maybe she didn't deserve the Element of Magic, especially with a unicorn so close-by, but she couldn't help it. She cast a glance at the other bubbles, trying to catch a glimpse of the other fragments. If that yellow pegasus tried to make another move as soon as the bubbles vanished, she'd at least like to see what the other elements looked like before she...

She frowned, and the shimmer faded a little.

Last edited by TheCavalry on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Skitterbuzz gazed at the piece of the Element in awe. Here was an ancient relic with untold power, and it was being entrusted to HER! She took it as gently and carefully as she could in her hoof as it entered her bubble...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Before Steel could grab hold of the piece of the element, Ian jumped up and caught it in his mouth. Steel kneeled down and Ian put the piece in Steel's metal hand. He couldn't help but be confused, it didn't look like it would have been part of a crystal, it was shaped more like a cloud. Then again, this was Discord they were dealing with.
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:16 pm

Once all the Bearers present had grabbed their Element pieces, he got rid of the delivery outfit and continued. "Now that that's taken care of let's get down to business. You all are probably wondering why you're all here, in such a dull place." He gestured towards the void, as if waiting for  a response, but continued before any of them could actually respond. " The truth is that I am in both a generous and kind mood. So generous and kind that I'm willing to give the five of you three minutes to discuss your strategies, while in a safe place where none of you can get a leg up on the competition, or try to analyse my beautiful arena As he spoke, Discord gently move the bubbles into a half circle, so all the participants could see the others clearly. " So go ahead. Make alliances, call dibs on kills, take bets on winners my money's on the orange one and remember it's all a game. I'm off to go powder my nose." With this last word he curled up and turned into a stopwatch, with a miniaturized Discord taking the place of the hands. The hands begin moving.

ooc:
When handling the Elements, of of you might notice additional damage in addition of the broken bits. The Element of Kindness is charred and melted, Generosity has a few gouges torn our of it, and Loyalty somehow managed to be covered on rust, despite the fact that it is made of the same weird crystalline substance the rest are made of.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Midas slowly sat down, tying his element to the end of his scarf. He gently lifted one shiny golden hoof and waved weakly at the others. "uh...hi. My name is Midas."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:01 pm

"A pleasure to meet you Midas. My name is Sunlit Wave." The orange pegasus says, standing up and tying his element around his neck now that his bubble was back to normal size. He smiles comfortingly at Midas. "I'm not going to kill you. Or anyone, for that matter." he says, glaring at the stopwatch for a moment before surveying the rest of the group. "I'm surprised Discord let you bring your...companion with you." He says to the Minotaur. "How did you manage that?"
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:10 pm

When Sunlit looks at the watch, he sees the arms are, in fact, moving randomly forward and back. The Discord in the center sticks his tongue out at Sunlit.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Compass dropped the piece of crystal into one of her pockets, next to her writ. It seemed appropriate, keeping the element next to the most important thing she owned.

She looked at the Minotaur as Sunlit addressed him; she hadn't noticed the dog before. All her attention had been focused on the metal bits coming off of him. It was such a curious, unusual sight. There had to be some sort of a story behind it.

Instead, she looked at Midas, and the Pegasus who hadn't spoken yet. It was still strange, seeing a unicorn almost cower like that.

"I'm Compass," she said, smiling and trying to inject some bravado into her tone. An image of a grey pegasus watching the rain flashed through her mind. "Compass Rose. Wonderluster. Would you mind holding your elements up for a minute? I'd kinda like to see them, if that's okay."

TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Skitterbuzz tried to make herself smaller. If they were short an Element, didn't that mean everyone was after everyone else? The other pegasus - Sunlit Wave? - had said he had no intention of killing anyone... She elected to stick close to him, if and when they got out of their respective bubbles. Even the Chaotic One seemed to think that was a decent idea. Or did he?

She held her new-found Element close, afraid she might somehow lose it. She didn't have anything with her to improvise a string or anything; short of her own hair, which she was loathe to part with yet. The pink shard seemed to have a sort of clip attached; she decided to use that to carry it, putting it on like a hair clip beneath her bow.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Midas nodded to Compass and used his telekinesis to hold up his element. Not too high though. He made sure his scarf kept his neck covered. "It's kinda broken. Well, I mean, duh. I dunno."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:11 pm

"Still," Compass murmured, leaning forward until her nose practically rubbed against the bubble, "it's one of the elements of harmony. They're real. I wish Windy could see them...."

She tapped her coat pocket, until the blue crystal slid out. "And this is mine. It's... magic..."

She tried to keep the smile, but there was a nervous guilt to it, her eyes flashing between Midas horn, the silvery element, and the telekinetic aura carrying it.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:32 am

"Steel." Steel said, holding up his piece of the Element. "This is Ian, and Discord said that if I didn't take him, I should just leave all of my robotics." Using his good arm, he held his robotic one with guard.

Last edited by Colter Bolt on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : that was an ungodly shade of yellow. i apologize for those who looked at it)
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:43 am

Midas could feel Compass' eyes on him, so he tried to ignore it, focusing instead on the big minotaur. "Woah. I can make things with metal, but not like that. Never ever like that. I wonder if Ruby could do that sort of thing...maybe it could help her walk better."

He placed a hoof thoughtfully to his chin, trying to imagine what sort of metal parts Ruby would have. An image of her ranting about "shoddy false hips" and "cheapass unlicenced surgeons" floated into his mind and he giggled slightly.

As per usual, his brain was a few sentences behind the rest of him, and he turned back to Compass. "Hey Rose, who's Windy? And also, what's a Wonderluster? Is that like when something is really shiny, or when some pony doesn't know whether they like colts or mares?"
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:27 am

...okay. Of everything he could have said, Compass wasn't expecting that.

"No, it's not that. It means I travel all over the Realm, looking for Wonders. When Discord... called me, I was exploring a singing forest. Windy... she's a friend of mine. We were going to watch the rain together."
She glanced at the clock in the middle of the bubbles, then at Steel. The element he carried was covered in rust- was that related to his rob-op-tics somehow?

"You and Ian look like Wonders too," she said. "I've never seen a dog or a Minotaur made of metal before."
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:09 pm

"So, we have Midas, Steel, Compass Rose, Sunlit Wave, and one more." Sunlit Wave says, turning to smile at the pink pegasus across the circle. "What's your name?"
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top