Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discordian Promise

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Crystalite wrote:
Acro:
Result: 1d20 [2] + Acrobatics [8] + Laughter [2] = 12

...........Faaaahk.
Marked Questions claps to help add in Skitter's timing to avoid the falling items....

assist check:
1D20+13+2+1 => [ 14 ] +13+2+1 = 30 #Persuasion

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Skitterbuzz had a lower outcome then Compos Rose.)
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Sunlit Wave gritted his teeth, disoriented and in a slight daze after the transformation. Some part of him politely pointed out that he really shouldn't have angered a god, and he focused on that statement, letting anger run through his blood for the first time in many years. There are no gods, He replies mentally, only power and those who dare to abuse it. He strains every muscle he can think of to try and move the jet packs into position, fighting to slow down his fall.

OOC:

I'm not really certain whether I'm supposed to be making a athletics check to fly or an endurance check to not go splat, but I got an 18. I have 12 in both skills, and +3 from grandeur and laughter, so either way that's a 33.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Steel ran to Midas, dodging the falling objects, and instead of picking him up and trying to get them both out, the minotaur hunched over him to take the hits for Midas. Don't worry, I've got you."
While Steel went for Midas, Ian followed after Marked, doing his best not to get crushed either.
Spoiler:
Steel Athletics: 19+12+2+1=34
Steel Endurance: 20+9+2+1= Nat 20 with a nice amount of bonuses
Ian Athletics: 12+5+2+1=20
roll proof
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 pm

The first things that the group saw were the pianos. And not just any pianos, these were full grand pianos. And one was headed straight for Midas, who was frozen on the spot.

But fortunately for him, Steel Works was not. He rushed forward,and took the hit square on the back of the head. The second it hit them it suddenly collapsed into a pile of splinters, wires, and black and white piano keys. It did practically no damage to him, even if it's sheer size had made it a danger to the much smaller pony, and the metal dog that accompanied him..

The other members of the group did their best to dodge. One of the pianos clipped Compass Rose, knocking her to the ground. Skitter hearing the sound of clapping, held up just long enough for a Piano to smash right in front of her Then, as she turned to look for the source of the sound, the piano fell on top of her, bonking her on the head lightly.

While all this was happening, Marked Question stood in the center of the room. No pianos landed near him at all. suddenly- Thud!Thud!Thud!Thud! four pianos fell almost simultaneously, all within an inch of Marked, without hitting him. Then, the four started to topple over. Two fell backwards, while the others fell inwards ready to squash him. At least, until they fell against each other, and stayed there, propped up like a tent over him.

After that, the bright green pies seemed less threatening, even as they fell thick and fast, coating almost everything in a green paste. Except for Marked, kept safe from the rain by the piano fort.

Just as the last pie fell, seemingly ending the rain, one more thing fell. This one was bright orange, contrasting the other objects, and unlike the free falling objects from before, it weaved back and forth, like it was trying to control it's fall. But it was failing, and Sunlit Wave the Wind-up Pony slammed into the ground with a thud, before bouncing up again, and landing right on top of Marked's piano fort. crushing it to splinters, covering them both in pie and landing right on Marked Question's tail.

ooc:
Did you know slapstick is difficult to write out?

Okay, might as well get into what that all means.

I figure Steel's nat 20 cancels out Midas's nat 1, so they even out to taking only 3 damage each. Good job Colter, you protected Midas from all the fatal damage he could have gotten. Oh, and Ian is fine as well

Compass takes 8 damage from that piano that hit her, and Skitter takes 4, since she just managed to avoid setting hit full on.

Marked takes 3 damage as well, mostly from the last hit.

Falling from that height, Sunlit takes 5 fatal damage (and yes even as a robot, Mr. Nine-Lives still gets fatal damage)

Since pretty much everything is covered in goo and rubble, everyone gets -3 penalty to Athletics, Acrobatics, Mechanics, and Perception checks as long as the stuff is still there.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Mmm... Odd... Thought all four of thoses would hit me... And only two did... And NONE of them landed on me... The Rule of Funny must not be so strong here as I had thought.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Sunlit Wave struggles to his hooves, jumping off of Marked's tail when he notices its presence. "Is everyone alright?" He asks worriedly. He brushes some pie off of his wing, grimacing at the screeching sound of metal-on-metal, but momentarily appreciates how easy it is to get custard off of metal.

OOC:
So how heavy am I right now?
Also, I think I'll fit in well as a wind-up pony because Sunlit Wave never had a sense of humor to begin with.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:05 pm

"I- I'm fine," Compass gasped. She didn't feel fine. She staggered back to her hooves, with some difficulty. The piano may have clipped her, but that didn't mean it didn't sting a lot- she was just grateful she hadn't been flattened by it. The green paste wasn't making things any easier, either.

She shook her head, trying to dislodge some if the gunk from her mane, and glancing at the others.
Then stopping and staring, open-mouthed, at the orange wind-up pony.

"Su-Sunlit? Is...is that you? Are you okay, she asked! staring with a look that skipped wonder and went straight to horror.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Marked waits a little... Then bursts out of the two pianos that hit him. "TIMING!!! And feeling a feel for the rhythm for the comedy's humor rate... That was the meaning of this lesson... Now then, Friends, Allys, & My Clockwork Disciples of Humor... What did we all learn?"
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:04 pm

It was only after the pianos crashed down that Midas realized what was happening. As soon as he understood, he threw his hooves around Steel Works' neck. "Steel, I'm really really sorry! I didn't mean to jus stand there. I'm sorry I got you hurt."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Sunlit Wave twitches his tail, replying to Compass "I think I'm alright. But then, I didn't get hit by any pianos. Let me look at you, those things are heavy enough to break bone." He instinctively reaches towards his saddlebag, starting in surprise when his hoof knocks against his side, undoing a latch on his chest. The flipped latch reveals a compartment that contains most of his medical supplies. "...I should probably take any treatment very slowly." He admits, closing his side and moving closer to Compass, scrutinizing her breathing and her stance and trying very hard to resist the risk of prodding her.

OOC:

I know You basically gave us the rundown on injuries already, but how much can Sunlit Wave tell about Compass' personal injuries?
1+17=18. Well then. As if I hadn't caused enough trouble.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Three other robot heads popped up out of the mess, and for a moment, stared at Sunlit Wave. Then turned back towards Marked.

"Let's see, maybe 'Don't enter a cloud of chaos, or else you will become a Wind-Up pony?' But we already knew that..." the First one said, glancing back towards Sunlit.

"No, because that alone isn't funny. I think." The second Wind-Up's robotic eyebrows scrunched together. " He landed after the rest fell. After we weren't expecting it. And he hit the Lord, even though everything else missed the Lord." A smile began to creep onto his face.

The third one already had a smile on her face. Not as wide as before, but a bit more natural. "I kinda like it, but  I can quite explain why. She gestured vaguely at the surroundings. "Just... all of this, some how.

ooc:
Ouch, this room really is cursed. Or at least, for Compass, Midas,and Sunlit it is.

Unfortunately, that damage Compass took is now Fatal Damage. If she gets into a fight before the next extended rest, she will have 50 hp and 8 fatal damage on her.

And yeah, Sunlit is probably heavier than he was before. How heavy was that, sunbeam?
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Marked claps and smiled at Clockwork Clown #2 & #3. "Somebody give you two a gold star, you are right! The humor in this isn't about "don't go up into the cloud of chaos" but more... 'what to do when the universe wishes to make you the victim of a bad joke' so then... Now that I've shared that with you... What do you think is what was funny about what happened here? Cause it's not the change of a pony into clockwork... That's not that funny by itself... Also, I'm sure you can figure out the humor that was played out here... I'll just give you some time... To mull it over... Try to answer my already asked question as silly as you can think you can do perform it."
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:14 am

Sunlit grimaces with a quite screech of metal. "You're about as healthy as someone who's been clipped by a grand piano." He says to Compass apologetically as his wound-up brethren rise from the rubble. He freezes in place when the first one speaks, then slowly turns to face it. "Was that a joke?" He hisses, tapping his hoof on the ground in an agitated motion. It splits a small piece of wood, and he looks down in surprise, calming a little. "You are the very creature that told me you had no idea what would happen if I flew up there. Why would you say that if you knew this would happen?"

OOC:
What do you mean by how heavy was that? His blow clipping himself shouldn't have been too strong, given that he was just reaching for his supplies. I figure he's overworking his muscles trying to move metal limbs, and it's making everything move faster than he means it to.

If you mean how heavy he was before, he was pretty much just a slim pegasus. Are they supposed to be hollow-boned and lighter than other ponies around here?
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:58 am

Steel puts an arm around Midas, squeezing the colt in the embrace. "Anything for a comrade, especially one in need. Loyalty." Steel lets go and pries the pony off his neck. "Besides, I've had worse. You, however, need to be protected. You've taken too much." Steel turns to see Sunlit as the metallic creation he was. As angry as Sunlit seemed, Steel couldn't help but look him over.
roll:
Perception: 16+9-3=22
((well, if i ever had reason to try and animate something from a ponytales game, the falling pianos takes the cake.))
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 am

Spoiler:
Can't find the rules for fatal damage. Would something mind directing me to them? How much fatal damage can a character take?

Compass said nothing. She lifted her hind leg off the ground, trying not to put any weight on it.

Last edited by TheCavalry on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:50 am

Skitter could never quite.recall everything that happened that moment. She could remember things falling, and someone... She wanted to say clapping, but it didn't sound quite like the hoof-stomping technique that her fellow ponies used - and then something hitting her head, and holding still for a longish time, holding her head in her hooves.

After some time she began to stir, first noting that her head was hurting, and then that there seemed to be a pattern of injury and holding still because of it. She got up and looked around, trying to take in what had happened...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:41 am

The three had been pondering, but at Sunlit's outburst, they turned in  surprise. "Well, yes. The Lord of Laughter says lying can be part of a joke. That's what he did with us. And we didn't tell you to go up there." one said, before turning anxiously to Marked. "Did we do it wrong?" she asked.

Compass, looking over Sunlit, can see that he looks pretty much like himself. Just like a giant Wind-Up toy version of Sunlit. One interesting thing was that the paint that had disappeared thanks to the sparkly makeover, was now back, and had gained a glittery sheen as well.

ooc:
We're going by Wanderlust Fatal Damage Rules. Since you guys have 50 HP, you go to 50 fatal damage before dying. Taking an extended rest fixes it.

I wanted to know how heavy Sunlit was pre-robotization. I'm going to say he's about 230 lbs now, is that ok?
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Midas smiled at Steel before he turned around and saw everyone else. "Oh my gosh, I forgot! Are you all okay? What can I give y-" he stops himself and thinks very hard before saying "...is there something that giving you would help?
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:38 pm

"Nonono... You've gotten yourself three gold stars total now, Number Three." Marked said naming the one who spoke to answer that Number for a name. "You clockwork clowns are just a little slow to figuring humor out... I never realized it before now... But I do get it now about you, My Clockwork Allies. Until now, I think I've just assumed you were too stupid of a clockbot to realize how humor worked... Which if it was true would be quite the sad joke. Can anyone, and I mean anyone other than me, myself, & I, tell me why that'd be a sad joke?"

(OOC: By the way... I give Discord the OOC rights to mess with my character's brain to turn me/him into THE LORD OF LAUGHTER! in body, mind, & soul. Until we solve this puzzleroom or an equally fitting point of time... To help act my part that I'm trying to play here for the clockwork ponies... Basically allowing me to be able to do anything & everything the clockwork ponies think said Lord of Laughter can do? Who I assume is Discord of course...)
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Sunlit Wave sighs deeply, raising a hoof to rub his neck, but hisses again when his own hoof instead clocks him upside the ear. "I'd be just fine with this if I could move normally." He mutters to himself. He settles down onto the ground (now roughly chest-deep in cream and debris) and takes a few deep breaths, attempting to take on a more pony-like form.

OOC:
I figure I'm technically still in pegasi form, so if this transformation goes anywhere it will go towards the nightpony form, but he's really trying to turn back into a non-metal pegasus. Of course, there's no reason his nightpony form can't be clockwork as well...
I don't know if I'd have to roll anything due to extenuating circumstances, but I rolled a 14.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:53 pm

With Midas tending -or at least talking- to Sunlit, a Compass glanced at her other companions. She flashed a quick smile (gratitude) at Steel, a frown (confusion) at Marked, then limped towards Skitter.

"Are you alright," she asked (concern) as she approached.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:37 pm

"Because they'd be laughing at something a part of us we couldn't control or change?"

"But you wanted us to get the joke. You said we were like robots, and until we got the joke, we'd stay here, study, and catalog your gifts The newly named Three said, looking a bit more suspiciously at Marked.

"Never mind all that, let's try our stuff out!" One of the others said, shaking the two of them and causing their eyes to spin around their head.

Sunlit's straining produces no effect.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:43 pm

TheCavalry wrote:With Midas tending -or at least talking- to Sunlit, a Compass glanced at her other companions. She flashed a quick smile (gratitude) at Steel, a frown (confusion) at Marked, then limped towards Skitter.

"Are you alright," she asked (concern) as she approached.

Skitterbuzz looked up wearily at the Earth Pony. It took the question for her to notice something. She was very sore, confused, small, and frightened, and the realisation hit her like a hammer; no, she was not alright.

"No!" she squeaked, throwing her hooves around Compass and moaning slightly into her shoulder.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:53 pm

"Alright. Then we can be not alright together," the pony suggested. She smiled; she would have tried wrapping a hoof around Skitter in support but, with one leg already off the ground...

"Skitter... I know I'm not from Honesty, but I am being honest. I promise, I won't let anything bad happen to you."
Plus Midas, she added to herself. Of course, she more or less agreed that with Steel back in the Hippocorvid caves, and he had jumped in front to save him. What had Compass done, for Midas or Skitter?

Her coat almost looked a little darker.
"I'm not as good at things as Midas and Sunlit but...let me take a look at you."

Spoiler:
Heal [10] + d20 [10] = 20
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Sunlit Wave took several more deep breaths, and for a moment he saw the stars in the night sky. He looked up again, calmer than he had been since they were shunted into the room, and rose to his hooves. Ponies needed him.
...Or did they? Skitter would probably feel smothered by him and Compass, Steel and Midas were having a moment, and Marked...well, he was at least mostly unharmed, and perhaps doing more than any of the rest of them to find this room's key. I can't imagine a better group to risk my for. He reflected momentarily, moving closer to Marked. "Can you perhaps ask them if they know the whereabouts of this next key?"
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top