Discordian Promise

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discordian Promise

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:53 pm

mjh6 wrote:"Because they'd be laughing at something a part of us we couldn't control or change?"

"But you wanted us to get the joke. You said we were like robots, and until we got the joke, we'd stay here, study, and catalog your gifts The newly named Three said, looking a bit more suspiciously at Marked.

"Never mind all that, let's try our stuff out!" One of the others said, shaking the two of them and causing their eyes to spin around their head.

Sunlit's straining produces no effect.
Marked points to the first Clockwork Clown. "YOU ARE THE BEST STUDENT RIGHT NOW! You are starting to get it... Or I hope you are. I'll name you #1... And you the third one to speak just right now... Your name is now #2... Because the crazy logic & order of humor demands you be named. MMmm... Yes... Yes... Try do your best to make me laugh, I'll rate you all after you say your comedy act is over. One at a time... Starting with one of you two that I've unnamed... Or something... I forget how many of you be... Each of you pick a number and tell me how many of you are there to pick from."
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:07 pm

The Wind-Up Marked had named One saluted. Why there are four, clearly! Three, Two, he said, bopping the aforementioned Wind-Up on the head, while pacing dramatically. He stuck his arm out, and a (magnetic?) force pulled Sunlit out of the muck and he stood Sunlit up. "Four, and One!" His smile was as wide as it had been at the beginning, and he posed dramatically with his head thrown back. A lone pie fell right on his face.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Midas turned and gawked at the magnetism. "Hey! Don't Ponyhandle Sunlit! He's the only one we have!"

As he yelled, distracted, Midas pulled out some vials and beakers. Mixing up and shaking the stuff inside until it made a bubbly green mix. After a moment, he looked down and realized what he was mixing. "What? Oh. Bluck. That's crappy."

His horn glowed lightly and a strange, four colored globule formed at it's point. He placed it into the mixture, which turned bright blue and glowed, then floated it over to Compass.

Meta:
Heal check to make a potion that will help Skitter and/or Compass.

Skill=12+roll=4+morale=2=16

Eh, chucking my magic point on that. So 26.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:34 pm

Marked laughed, waiting to hear if the performance was over with or not... That was a good usage of number logic based humor in The Critic's opinion.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:43 pm

Sunlit Wave's noggin collided with the outstretched hoof of the clockwork pony with a resounding clang. "I'm going to have to agree with Midas on this one." He says, glaring at Marked as he laughs. "Though actually, can you do that to any metal? Can I do that to any metal?" He says, holding out a hoof before dropping it to the ground. "I don't even know what muscle to flex." he says resignedly.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 am

Three stepped forward, mock serious. "Ponyhandling? He doesn't look like much of a pony to me." She bopped Sunlit's jets, which gave a slight cough.

One stepped forward. "I think you have it all wrong, Three. He's clearly talking about putting handles on Four. So we can carry him around while he's still getting used to his skin- uh plating."

Two started to lean on Sunlit. Well I think we should ask Four what he wants. Let me."He bent over and whispered in Sunlit's ear(  or what passed for an ear now)

"Play along. The Lord of Laughs may be happy now, but things can change very quickly, and you will not screw this up for me."
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:37 am

Sunlit Wave regard Two coolly. "What exactly do you think you will happen if I don't 'screw this up?' What do you hope to gain here?" He hisses back in a whisper.

OOC:
Well if he was ever going to be responsible for starting the fight, it was in this room.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:51 am

"Getting back to normal. We show that we get the joke, and we are no longer robot ponies. But one little spoilsport can ruin everything. And do you know what we do to spoilsports?" Two pushed down on Sunlit, causing him to slip and land on the ground with a crash.

"Four said it's time for the Slapstick portion of our event! And in case your worried, he doesn't want us to hold back! His mechanical eye flicked to Marked as he said this.

ooc:
Once again, you can either roll initiative, or if you don't want to fight, try something else.

Also, Skitter would probably benefit from the Heal more, since Fatal damage is much harder to remove.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:04 am

Skitter looked up from her hug long enough to see the wind-up ponies shoving Sunlit to the ground. "Slapstick act"!?

Perception:
Can Skitterbuzz tell they're lying?

Result: 1d20 [12] + Perception [11] + Laughter [2] + Compass [1] = 26

Last edited by Crystalite on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:08 am

ooc:
"Don't forget Laughter!"

Two seems... sort of sincere? He seems like he's treating this like a real performance, but the way he told them not to hold back... Not good.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:10 am

Midas bristled and took a weird stance, growling at the wind-ups. If Marked were to look at him, he'd realize he was ineffectually trying to raise his nonexistent hackles. "HEY! That's not funny or nice! You aren't Miracle Workers! You're just jerks! The Miracle Workers were loud and thrashy and scary, but when they learned I was scared of yelling they quieted down just for me! They would never chuck a pony as nice as Sunlit on the ground! Stop being jerkbags!"
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:14 am

Skitterbuzz broke away from Compass, feeling a righteous fury beginning to flow through her. "Sunlit didn't say that!" she said, calling their bluff. "You're Lying! And that ISN'T. FUNNY!" she shouted, as she began to hover off the ground slightly...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:24 am

"SETTLE DOWN, both of you." Sunlit says, getting to his feet. "As hard as it may be to believe, he's right. What's the old phrase?" He screws up his face in mock concentration, leaning closer to Two and quickly hissing a reply. "Please note that I do not have a problem with following orders. I dislike not knowing why. If what you say is true, I'll be happy to help." "Ah, that's it." He says brightly, straightening. "The show must go on. So, slapstick?" he looks around and quickly scoops up some goo from the ground, throwing it into his wing turbine. After a bit of a strained delay, the turbine rotates so the back is pointing towards Two, and Sunset experimentally revs his engine.

Last edited by sunbeam on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:25 am

"EVERYONE STOP!" Marked yelled. "I think I've finally realized the true issue here that is holding you three back... YOU TRYING TO FORCE somebody into playing the role of the Jokester... Which never works... You can force anybody into a Victim of a joke... But you can NEVER force the jokester role out of them. Comedy is a choice... Sometimes... Othertimes the whole six realms are try to make a joke's punchline out of you. Which right now... That's what you clockwork clowns are. A sad punchline to a forced setup. None of you are trying to embrace humor in and of itself for it's own good. Which isn't good... That's why you've been stuck... For in Sunlit's case... He just isn't fun to begin with so he's doomed to forever be a clockwork-pone... I hope... I love the idea of a clockwork ally in this little team."
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:30 am

Well, that's not a very nice thing to say...

A glob of key lime pie oozes up, and forms into Discord. He conjures a miniature version of Sunlit as a toy, and plays with it absently.

Poor Sunlit Wave. Doomed to forever be a metal pony. Never to eat again, or enjoy *ahem* other relations. All because of one Blue Critic who said he could never be funny after knowing him for less than a day. The orange toy collapses into a pile of goo, only to reform again into three toys. The other Wind-Ups.

And that's nothing compared to what you said about them. You three! You do realize he was writing you off in the first minutes of meeting you, right? He told me, directly. Said you would never be funny. The three stood in shock, completely frozen. But he does have a point. Either you're a Jokester, or a Victim. And there's only one thing that a Victim can do.  He glanced back at Marked, and all three Toys in his hand started rusting. So show me which one you are, or face your Final Joke. Your choice. So says the true Lord of Laughter. Ta-Ta! He collapsed into a pile of goo once more, except for the three toys, which rolled to the feet of the three Wind Ups, who looked up at Matked with the same dead expression on their faces

ooc:
The view of Discord do not reflect the view of the GM. Also, roll intiative.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:55 am

"You."

For a moment, this seems like all that Midas will say. But after a second, his horn lights up and wind starts whipping around him. "You stupid, awful, greedy, unfunny, cruel excuse for an anything!" a sparking gold hoof slams into the ground, sending a wave of magic that buffs everyone in the room. Midas's horn is shining brilliantly, and the fur on his entire body is pulling up instead of down, especially his mane and tail. His scarf and element lift up off of his chest and his ruby collar shines a brilliant red. "You act all high and mighty because you're good at hurting people, but you've never done anything worth doing! I don't even think you know how. So let me make you..." a small grey vial flew from his scarf, the viscous fluid inside surrounding his eyes and lips in a way similar to the wind ups. "Believe in miracles."

With a loud crack, his scarf nearly turned inside out, filling the air around him with a rainbow of different fluids and powders which orbited him in crossing rings.

Meta:
Initiative of 14, bringing all my moves because spellbook, 47 hp.
Also I've been waiting for Midas to actually want to fight something so I could write that.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:05 am

Spoiler:
Some stuff to catch up on... First off, I'm fine with using Midas condition to heal Skitter. Second...

HP: 50
Fatal Damage: 8
Temp HP: 4
Resist: 1

Initiative: 7

And that, Compass thought as she shook, is why some ponies back home believed Unicorns are Magic.

Spoiler:

[+2] ...definitely not a Wonder ( Mocking Melody) - Standard Utility
Target creature is subjected to your mocking melody (save ends). A creature subjected to your mocking melody suffers 1d8 damage whenever they roll a 4 or lower on a d8, d10 or d12.

[+1] I believe in you. (Divine Boon) - Standard Utility
Target ally deals an additional 1d8 damage on its next attack and an ally of your choice regains that many hit points.

[+1] You can do this- (Energize) - Standard Utility
Target ally gains 1 energy.

[-3] Shine, shine, shine (Sunlance) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature. That creature and all enemies adjacent to it are blinded until the end of your next turn.

[-6] A True Wonder! (IT IS NOT THIS DAY!) - Minor Utility
Target unconscious ally immediately gains 1d4 hp and perform one of their three Special Moves (their choice).

Last edited by TheCavalry on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 am

Sunlit Wave felt oddly triumphant. Discord must be really sick of me trying to talk out all our problems. Point to us! he thought with a small smile.

OOC:

Initiative=13
[+2] Healing Salve - Standard Utility [Polished by Daniel Berke]
You or target ally regains 1d10+2 hp.

[+1] Gather Energy - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

[-1] Selfless Act - Interrupt Utility
Trigger - An ally would be subjected to a (save ends) condition.
Effect - You are subjected to the (save ends) condition instead.

[-2] Defender - Interrupt Utility
Trigger – An ally is targeted by an attack.
Effect - The triggering attack hits you instead.

[-6] Second Sunrise - Standard Utility
You and up to five allies gain 2d12 hp and may make a saving throw with a +5 bonus.

HP:50
Fatal damage:5
Energy: 4
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:10 am

"Discord... I've seen some bad bullies of hate filled jokesters, but you are just on a whole new level of your own... You twist everything into being ONLY funny to you. Which is just BAD Comedy if you knew anything about TRUE humor... And if you knew anything of the TRUTH of the three Roles." Marked comments giving the Lordass Bully Jokester the two pawed insult... (yes... The Diamond Dog is totally flipping the bird on both of his hand/paws/claws at Discord right now...) "I rate you... DISCORD, on behalf of my home Realm of Laughter ...a 0/100... AND NOTHING, you can ever do will make me change that opinion because of how much of a "meanie party pooper"(1) you honestly are."
footnote:
1) THE WORST OF WORST, insults the Realm of Laughter has for somebody. Used only on the worst sort of mean prankster bullies.
((OOC: Combat ROLL: Lucky 7 + 7 (talent) = 14 total, also as a side note... Did we get fully healed or something? Cause I'm unsure if the damage I took from last battle still applys to my character or not.))
talent used:
[-2] Perfect Comedic Timing! (Lightning Pace) - Reaction Utility
Trigger - You roll initiative and dislike the result.
Effect - You gain a +7 bonus to your initiative check.
HP: 47
Pips: 2
Conditions: “Laugh It Off” Self-Help Guide (+3 to save ends),
Fatal Damage (dead at 50): 0

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : derp forgot info & junk)
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:15 am

"I can't wait to see what's inside of these things." Steel popped his knuckles, pistons firing in his right arm.
Spoiler:
Init roll of 8, so there, I'm back down here with the rest of you.
Combat talents:
[+3] Shock Therapy (Form of the Serene Armadillo) - Standard Utility
You gain 1d4 temporary hp.

[+1] Get Set (Gather Energy) - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

[-2] Beatdown (Fists of Fury) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to up to two target creatures. Those creatures suffer a -2 penalty to damage until the start of your next turn.

[-3] Anger the Bull, Get the Horns (Heartseeker) - Standard Attack
Deal 2d12 damage to target creature

[-7] Fist of Thunder (Hammer of Thunder) - Minor Utility
You conjure a Thunder Hammer in your hands.
[*]You can dismiss the Thunder Hammer as a free action. While you are wielding a Thunder Hammer, you cannot use your other combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.
~[+3] Thunderous Blow - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature and you gain a lightning shield until the end of your next turn. Whenever a creature attacks you with an attack while you have a lightning shield, that creature suffers 2 damage.
~[+1] Ringing Blow - Standard Attack
Deal 1d12 damage to target creature, and that creature is dazed until the end of your next turn.
~[0] Throw Lightning - Standard Attack
Deal 2d12 damage to target creature and 1d12 to all creatures adjacent to it. The Thunder Hammer vanishes.
~[-2] Thunder Blast - Standard Attack
Deal 1d12 damage to up to four enemies. Those creatures are dazed until the end of your next turn.
~[-4] Thundercrash - Standard Attack
Deal 1d20 damage to up to six enemies, and those creatures are stunned until the end of your next turn. The Thunder Hammer vanishes.
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Meta:
Bringing all of my talents, because I too now have Spellbook!

Initiative is... 6. Buck.

Skitterbuzz nodded quietly in agreement to the speeches being made. She herself, however, did not feel the need to join in the speech-making; she instead began to buzz as the bee cloak on her back began to agitate...

HP: 50 (I think?)
Energy: 4
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:43 pm

The three Wind-ups didn't seem to register what exactly the group was saying, their eyes burning holes through Marked and Sunlit. The party does hear, however, an loud cakle of laughter in response. Finally, the one Marked had named Two jumped forward. "You tricked us! You said you could teach us! Evaluate us. And then you took it away!" She opened her mouth wide and let out a screech that would put a griffin to shame, knocking Marked, Sunlit, and Compass off balance.

Turn+ Initiative:
Two:20
Marked Question:14
Midas Touch :14
Sunlit Wave:13
Steel Workss: 8
Compass Rose:7
Skitterbuzz: 6
Three: 4
One:3

Marked,,Sunlit, and Compass suffer Vuln. 4 (Save ends)

Either Marked or Midas's turn next.

And lets get this battle started! Yay!  Laughing

Last edited by mjh6 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:19 pm

A strange grey dust extracted itself from its orbit around Midas and made it's way into his fur, sending sparks through his body.

Meta:
[+3] Distilled Might (Critfisher) – Standard Utility
Choose one;
A) Roll two dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll both dice from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).
B) Pay 2 energy. If you do, roll five dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll all five from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).

A), rolling two d8. 3, 2. Whole lot of nothing.

HP: 47
PiPs: 7
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:53 am

Sunlit Wave hunkers down at the scream, glancing at his turbines and electing to stay on the ground this time.

OOC:

Sorry, I lost track of this.
using
[+1] Gather Energy - Standard Utility
HP: 50
energy: 5
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Marked Question looked around. This room and it's purpose made a mockery of everything he knew about comedy, in all the wrong ways. He had always hated the thought of breaking down a jokester to the point of their needing to do a "final joke" but for Discord...

Unfortunately Discord wasn't here, though, and he still critiques to give. "I never claimed to be anything but a humble critic. if I deceived you, I'm sorry. But as for your act-" Marked scrambled through the muck for a weapon and soon found what he was looking for. " I'm afraid you and Discord are missing a few key issues." With that last statement, he flipped up a piano key and pegged Two right in the face. Not his best work, but Marked wasn't quite in the mood to give himself a proper rating

Turn, status +Initiative:
Just in case you're wondering, Xel did give me permission to take his turn for him.

[+1] Armor Piercing Question (Piercing Shot) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature. This attack ignores resistance.
d8:4

[-2] A Critic’s Pride (Barkskin) - Minor Utility
You gain resist 2 until the end of your next turn and 1d10 temporary hit points.
d10:8

Saving throw vs Vuln:9+3=12 No more Vuln.!

HP:47 THP:8
PiPs: 1
Status: Resist 2, and Hoping things start looking up for Xel  Wink

Two:20
Marked Question:14
Midas Touch :14
Sunlit Wave:13
Steel Works: 8
Compass Rose:7
Skitterbuzz: 6
Three: 4
One:3