Discordian Promise

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discordian Promise

Post  Colter Bolt on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:26 pm

Steel's arm once again charges up with power, but his legs join in this time.

Spoiler:
[+1] Get Set (Gather Energy) - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

HP: 47
Pips: 5
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 am

Compass Rose scrunched her eyes in concentration. Her pink coat glowed in a brief, dazzling display- one aimed right at the first of the toy robots.

Spoiler:
[-3] Shine, shine, shine (Sunlance) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature. That creature and all enemies adjacent to it are blinded until the end of your next turn.

Target: One
1d10 = 8
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:39 pm

The pegasus continued buzzing. Her bee cape came to life, swirling around her in a bubble as the insects re-arranged themselves...

Combat:
[+1] Begin to Buzz (Gather Energy) - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

HP: 50 (I think?)
Energy: 5
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:05 am

Physically, the Three Wind Up Ponies did not seem particularly harmed by the attacks On did attempt to slam his metal hooves on Compass, but his attack went wide.

Two groaned at his actions. "Right now is not the time for the "oh, lets make fun of ourselves" stuff. You heard Discord. I am not going to be their Victim." With this line, he began spinning like a top, and knocked everyone in the group off their feet or hooves.

Three however, stood frozen since Marked's statement.. "So who are you? Why are you here? D you want to save us? Destroy us? Laugh at us or with us? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!Her voice rose to a scream that pierced their ears. Then suddenly, she began folding up.

Her legs retracted into her body, her head tucked down, and she became a grey cube. However, before any of them could react, She exploded out into a life-size Sunflower made f metal, the head sweeping back and forth as if still watching the group, the wind up key now attached to the fake flowerpot still turning.

turn+status:
With this, i hope we can come back. Luckily, All the enemies can take their turn at once
Two deals 2 damage to every body before vulnerability
One misses thanks to Blind.
Three inflicts Vuln four on Midas, Compass, And Skitter, then goes into Sunflower Mode. What does that mean? The sooner you post, the sooner you find out!

Two:20
Midas Touch :14
Marked Question:14
Sunlit Wave:13
Steel Works: 8
Compass Rose:7
Skitterbuzz: 6
Three: 4
One:3

Midas's Turn
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:39 am

Midas' ears folded to the sides of his head and he whined softly in pain. Even with his ears ringing, though, he pulled out a small vial of thick, red fluid and shotgunned it. His eyes went bloodshot and began tearing at the taste, but anyone nearby could hear the quiet hum coming off him and feel heat radiating out from under his fur.

Meta:
Taking a shot of Liquid Fire.

[+1] Liquid Fire (Gather Energy) - Standard Utility

Also, presuming the vuln is save ends...

Save=19

Hot damn! Inb4 it isn't saves.

HP: 41
PiPs: 8

EDIT:Also, it's Xel's turn.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:18 pm

What Midas was doing was a little...unsettling. But then, Sunset reasoned, Midas' attacks were generally rather unstable, and he probably knew what he was doing. Still, the sunflower looked surprisingly threatening, and he wove a constellation in the air and pressed it (very) gently into Midas' side, giving him strength.

OOC:

Using [+2] Healing Salve - Standard Utility [Polished by Daniel Berke]
You or target ally regains 1d10+2 hp.
Twice on Midas
1d10+2=10+11=21 health to Midas.

Using [-1] My Life is Yours - Minor Utility
Pay 5 hp. Target creature gains 9 hp.
On myself. net gain of 4 hp.

We never did learn if the vuln was save ends.
1d20=2
Doesn't matter much to me, does it?

HP: 48
Energy: 8
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:54 pm

As Sunlit did his healing work, the Sunflowers slowed it's movements until finally focusing on Sunlit. Healing Detected.

Slowly the petals of the flower began falling off. And a mysterious breeze blew them over towards the new wind-up. The second the petals touched Sunlit, he began feeling a difference. His paint job began touching itself up. The dings he got from the fall began fixing themselves.

And his body began solidifying.

Before, while he was suddenly a robot, he still could move, could feel something. But now his joints hardened, and his insides began filling with what felt like molten lead and slowing his other senses began dimming too..

Just before he passed out, Sunlit could see Steel Works crackling with energy, and pounding the flower and the others with a lightning covered fist

Reaction:
Sunlit, right intentions, but...

This reaction deals damage each time a healing move is used

Deal 18+12+9 damage to Sunlit. Before vuln. Which activates three times to three individual attacks. Also, yes the vuln they apply is save ends

You mind if I bunny Steel and Skitter through this fight? Cause when I set it up, it was under the impression it's be against a party of 6, not 3...

edit: Okay, now taking Steel's turn:

Two standards, so I'm going to say he uses Shock Therapy, then Summons a Thunder Hammer and Throws Lightning

Deal 12+10 Damage to Sunflower Wind-up, 5 to others

Crit activates, deal 10+8 damage to all enemies and 5 to self
Crit activates, deal 8 +6 damage to Sunflower Wind-Up
Crit activates deal 4 damage to all enemies

Wow. Wish I could have saved that for one of my characters Shocked

Last edited by mjh6 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Sunset falls over with a dramatic clang. Inside the armor, his brain is an uncontrollable whirlwind of panic signals, and he feels completely, utterly, lost.

OOC:
You didn't think I'd miss the chance to narrate this, did you? anyways, just for tabulation purposes, I'm at 0 HP and 3 fatal damage.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Compass didn't land on her bad leg. Given how much the clockwork ponies attack hurt anyway, she decided to just be grateful for small miracles- after all, that was what wonders were, wasn't it?

Watching Sunlit's body go stiff, on the other hoof, watching it clean and tidy itself as it went stiff and fell with a clang... That felt like the opposite. For a moment, all the pink-coated pony could do was stare at the robopegasus. She didn't even really notice the flashes of lightning as Steel dove into the opponents.

A second later, battered coat flapping, she rose to her hooves. She looked at the others, her gaze falling on Midas and Skitter and- awkwardly- she rushed forward.
As she approached the scarf-wrapped unicorn, her ears pricked up. She heard the hum. She felt the heat beneath her coat. She approached him and Skitter, her cloak trailing behind her.

"... The first time I saw you, I was afraid," she said softly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be. The realm of Magic is funny, because we don't have solid virtues like Honesty, or Generosity, or Kindness, or Loyalty. Every pony has their own ideas about what Magic is. When I was a foal, my parents taught me that Unicorns are Magic, and that made them better than us. I don't believe that anymore; it's why I'm a Wonderluster. I believe Wonders are Magic. But Midas...

I believe in you, too."

Spoiler:
Divine Boon on Midas- he deals an additional 1d8 on his next attack, and Skitter gains that many hit points (since the wording makes it sound like they need to be conscious and I'm trying to play her like a Mama bear to the foals.

Divine Boon [d8] = 3

Damage taken from Two: 2 + Vuln [4] = 6 - 1 [Resist] = 5 - 4 [Temp HP] = 1
HP: 50 - 1 = 49
Fatal Damage = 8
Pips: 1 + 1 = 2

Temp HP: 0
Resist: 0
Vuln: 4 Save Ends [8] = Failure

Last edited by TheCavalry on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:57 pm

As Compass Rose gave her speech, the rest of the wind-ups stared on in confusion. The sunflower, on the other hand...Healing detected

Most of the Sunflower's petals had apparently grown back, leaving Compass to feel the pain of the attack as well. Although the attack was not nearly as powerful, the feeling f your insids growing heavier and burning ( while her mane neatly untangled itself) was not pleasant.

Skitterbuzz was buzzing softly to her bees throughout this, and suddenly, she let out a large sharp sound that was clearly a call to arms. The bees surrounding Skitter swarmed together in a huge mass,ready to attack-

Summoning detected

Once again the petals of the Sunflower detached, but this time instead of drifting gently, they shot forward violently. The cloud of bees dispersed briefly, and Skitterbuz bore the brunt of the attack as well. The Sunflower's petals grew back once again, and it continued to mutter HealingSummoningHealingSummoningHealing-

The other Wind-Ups weren't satisfied with this, and seeing the attack seeing to wake them up. "Shut up! None of that stuff matters! Only Laughter! And you are being very boring!" One said angrily. He bucked Compass right in the stomach, and the force of the attack somehow also managed to knock Steel and Skitterbuzz back as well.

The last one, Three had been looking at Marked Question the whole time. Missing keys? We've got plenty of keys. We're surrounded in keys! But you don't have a single key! Not one! With that last word, she slammed her hoof into the ground, the force of which was enough to knock everyone off their feet or their hooves. But Three had no time to gloat, as the force of the attack shook her as well, causing her to start folding up and shifting, until a simple Jack-in-the-box stood in her place.

Turn + Initiative:
Got a lot to cover here...
Sunflower react to Compass deals 10 damage.

Skitterbuzz uses Trance and Summons the Bee Swarm. however, using the summon triggers another react  (It only has the two, don't worry) dealing 13 damage to Skitter and stunning the Swarm. Fortunately, the Swarm makes it's save against stun.

One deals 12 damage to Compass, and inflicts Ongoing 5(save ends). The attack also stuns Steel and Skitter. (also save ends)

Three deals 10 damage to the entire group (including Sunlit) and goes into Jack-In-The-Box mode.

Midas's Turn

note: All damage is before vuln.  
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Though the hum didn't stop, Midas himself had gone very quiet. He seemed to be huffing for air as the orbit of the materials around him slowed. Tiny red sparks of magic spat out of his horn, but even as he stood still, his body seemed to get hotter. There was a moment of absolute silence when the humming became a whir too high to hear and the ingredients simply floated in midair. But it was only a second.

With an earsplitting crack, Midas' magic turned red. His eyes teared up, but he didn't say a word as all the components around him formed into a hypercompressed ball that hovered in front of his horn. With another bang, the ball flew into the sunflower, coating it in all manner of fluids, grimes and acids.

Hooves shaking, Midas took a flask out of his scarf and gulped down a shot.

Finally, he pulled out a syringe full of clear brown liquid. With a last burst of brilliant red magic, the thing embedded itself into the metal of the sunflower before the pusher depressed.

"You really really shouldn't have hurt them."

Meta:
[-8] Draught of False Gods (Family Recipe) - Standard Attack
Target creature is dazed (save ends), weakened (save ends), suffers a -2 penalty to saving throws (save ends) and suffers vulnerability 5 (save ends).

Liquid Courage (Reloader )- 1500 Gold [Created by Bronymous]
Trinket
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent
[0] Reload - Free Utility [1/Battle]
If you spent 6 or more energy this turn, gain 3 energy

[-3] Syrup of ipecac (Expunge) - Standard Attack
Remove all (save ends) conditions from target creature. Deal 2d8 damage to that creature for each effect removed this way.

Dazed=6+2+3=11
Weakened=5+5=10
-2=7+5=12
Vuln=3+8=11
Crit activate:

Flask of Acid to the face! (Crippling Strike)
8: Blind target enemy (save ends)

Blind=1+8=9
Crit activate:

Blind=5+8=13
Crit activate:

Blind=7+8=15
Crit activate:

Blind=8+8=16
Crit activateX2(redundant)

Blind=2+4=6

Proof:

Total damage: 103

HP: 52
PiPs: 0

Xel's turn.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:02 pm

The sunflower wind-up pretty much collapse into a pile of multicolored metallic goop; the only part remaining being the wind-up key in the center of the puddle. All the wind-pony could do was stare in awe, and fear, before curling up into a ball. "That's not funny." he whispered.

As Midas stood panting from the effort, he began to hear jerky music, like from a Music Box. Then, the Jack-in-the box burst open, and smacked him in the face"No more items for you!" It giggled, before snapping back into the box.

Yeah, Sunflower Wind-Up is down. BIg Surprise there

Using the Reloader activated a reaction in the Jack-In-The-Box, dealing 7 damage to Midas and disabling all of his items for two turnss. Basically, I need you to pick 5 talents.

Actually, Xel requested to be removed from the Battle, so it's Sunlit's turn...Whose unconscious. Which would make it Steel Works' turn... Whose stunned. So, I guess he should roll a save, then its Compass's turn.

Also, everyone who's participating in the battle and still conscious  should roll a Perception check
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Steel bellowed in rage at his inability to do anything. "COME ON!!! I'VE HAD IT BEING HANDICAPPED!" Blinded by his rage, he stayed where he was, hunched over and breathing deeply from his nose.
Spoiler:
Save ends roll: 17 hurrah
perception check: 1  exact opposite of hurrah.
HP: 37
Pips: 1
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Spoiler:

Ongoing damage: 3
Vuln: 4
HP: 5 - 7 = 0
Fatal damage = 8 + 2 = 10
Pis : 2

Perception [8] + d20 [7] = 15

Compass felt like she was burning- like her etomach was burning from the kick, like her insides were burning from... whatever it was that that Sunflower did. Even her mane felt a little aflame, though she only acknowledged it dimly, as it untangled itself...

She tried to rise to her hooves, but instead, they slid out from under her. On the bright side she was unconscious before she hit the ground.

Last edited by TheCavalry on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:17 pm

As Compass slipped to the ground, Midas, scanning the room, noticed something odd. Marked wasn't in the room. He wasn't unconscious like Compass, or struggling to stand like Skitter, or... whatever happened to Sunlit. He just seemed to have vanished.

The last Wind-up standing picked up the wind-up key from the pile of goop and stared at it for a moment. Then, suddenly, she spun around and smacked Midas with it. Silently.

Turn+STatus:
Last Wind-up deals 4 damage to Midas and inflicts Ongoing 5

It's Midas's Turn

One more perception check, everyone , who can.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:33 am

Midas began to look around him, desperately. "Rose? Marked? I-UNF!"

As the key smacked him, he tumbled side-over-side. His horn, however, never stopped glowing. As he got up, a red, viscous fluid, thicker than blood, dribbled out of his mouth. Breathing heavily and with half a swallow, he spat a mouthful of the bile into the eyes of his attacker.

Meta:
[+X] Sip of Death (Daredevil's Rush) - Standard Utility
You suffer Xd8 damage and are dazed until the end of your next turn. X cannot be more than 5.

4d8=3+6+7+8=24
Crit activated

The one that just hit me is blinded.

Save ends vs. ongoing=19

HP: 19
PiPs: 4
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:34 am

Noticing the odd protrusion from the key, Steel started cooling off, letting his arm charge up a little more juice.
Spoiler:
Used [+1] Get Set (Gather Energy) - Standard Utility

Pips: 2
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Having finally got her head back together, Skitterbuzz breathed in deeply, before letting out a sharp buzz that the bees instantly responded to. They swarmed both the Wind-up and the Jack-In-The-Box, and although the stings themselves didn't seem to be doing much, it still seemed to bother the Wind-Up, who lashed out wildly at them without much effect.

Turn+Status:
Skitter uses Begin to Buzz, giving herself two standards next turn, then the Bee Swarm deals 6 Damage to both targets

The Wind-Up misses her attack, but is no longer blinded

Midas's turn again (things do seem to go fast when there are only two players still conscious)
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Midas' eyes glinted as he saw the smaller key. Even so, he was still wobbly on his feet, so he paused to take a deep breath. Anyone looking closely would notice that the glow of his horn turned the air into a fine, red mist as he inhaled it. Slowly, his stance steadied and he pointed one hoof towards the key.

"THAT! THAT'S WHAT WE NEED! LET US HAVE THAT AND WE'LL LEAVE!"

Meta:
[+2] Salt the Wounds (Survival Skills) - Standard Utility
You regain 1d12+3 hp

StW=8+3=11

HP: 30
PiPs: 6
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 pm

The wind-up blinked blearly, but tried to maintain her shaky grip on the key.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:34 am

Taking notice of Midas' instructions, Steel hit himself over the heart with his metal arm, sending some shocks through his body before he hit the wind-up with his horns.
Spoiler:
Used [+3] Shock Therapy (Form of the Serene Armadillo) - Standard Utility
You gain 1d4 temporary hp. 1d4=4

and then [-3] Anger the Bull, Get the Horns (Heartseeker) - Standard Attack
Deal 2d12 damage to target creature. Targeting the wind-up with the key. 2d12= 2, 6. 8 damage.

Temp HP: 4
Pips: 2
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:56 am

The attack may not have done a large amount of damage, but it did knock the keys to the ground. Overhead in the cloud layer, it began thundering, and the door back opened up with a thump.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Midas gasped when the keys fell down, then yelled out to Steel: "Pick up all the others you can and get them out of here! I'll get the keys!"

He reached out with his telekinesis to grab them, though he paused to pour a small vial of shiny liquid over the jack-in-the-box.

Meta:

[+2] Shot of Mercury (Paranoia) - Standard Utility
Target enemy immediately makes an attack against a creature of your choice. The target chooses which attack to use.

Using that on the jackass-in-a-box to make it attack its buddy. Also, grabbing the keys with my TK.

HP: 30
PiPs: 8
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:32 am

Steel grabbed all of his downed, as well as not so downed compatriots, and made his way to the door. He stopped for a second to see where Marked was, as he wasn't part of the armload, but figured he must have gone on ahead.
Spoiler:
I guess athletics for getting them all.
Athletics 1d20+12: 20+12. Nat 20 total 32.
Proof of roll
pay no attention to the 9. still getting used to my new mouse.
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Midas clung to Steel's arm as he was lifted up, TKing the key and gripping it between his teeth as they ran. As the adrenaline slowly drained out of him, Midas started crying, though he didn't speak for fear of dropping the key.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top