Discordian Promise

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discordian Promise

Post  mjh6 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:41 am

Even as a salty rain that might have been sweat, might have been tears started pouring down, Steel Works was able to gather up everyone, and get the group to the exit quickly. The last Windup did not follow. The moment Steel got into the room, the door slammed shut, and Compass and Sunlit awoke with a snap.

ooc:
Well, I promised, now I deliver. Everyone is now level 2. And as a bonus, Compass and Sunlit are now awake (still have the fatal damage, though.)
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:44 am

Midas made a small choking sound and buried his face in Steel's arm, letting the key fall to the ground. He spoke between silent, barely contained sobs. "I can-I'll make you better in-in a minute. I'm too-too...nonononono. I hate that room."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:23 am

Sunlit Wave got to his feet, surprisingly steady. It was odd, but waking up as a robot made him feel...more at home. Maybe it was feeling like he was actually made of metal, but he felt more...in tune with his new body now. "Making things better is my job." He says quietly to Midas, not yet mentioning that they would have to reenter the room to retrieve the key.* "I suspect Discord will shove us into another room if I try to set up a full medical tent out here, so we'll have to go one at a time. Who suffered the worst injuries?" Sunlit Wave looks down at his body, and the scars on his paint. "Who suffered the second worst injuries?"

OOC:

*((I know we don't have to but he was unconscious for all of that.))

Should I roll a heal check yet? I don't really know if I'm supposed to be able to heal any of what happened here.
heal: 3+17=20
And that's an off day for him.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:35 am

As Sunlit looked over the group, he saw that oddly enough, everyone seemed to be healthy, physically at least.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:39 am

Sunlit Wave takes a deep breath. "Nevermind. It seems we just need some good food and rest." There's scant little of that to be found here, he notes quietly.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:54 am

Compass stood up, easier than she was expecting to. She still felt sore- her stomach still felt a little ginger from the kick and whatever the Dunflower had done- but that seemed like a small price to pay for being alive. She shook her head a little, the action tossing her now-neater mane.

She looked at the others, nearly flinching at the sight of Midas crying. She swallowed a thanks- she wasn't sure if that would help at all- and looked at Sunlit instead. And tried to look .at him, rather than the scars gouged into his metal paint.
"Food and rest... might be a good idea. Especially if the next room is as bad as that one, and..."
'And maybe Midas ought to sit the next room out,'
she thought, biting her lip.

And, maybe it was inappropriate to ask, but with the statue looming in the room...
"I... I suppose we didn't get that key, did we?"
Spoiler:
So... Everyone. Quick question:
Should I use Instant Party?

I ask because... well, extended rest might be more useful here? I'm not sure. But the reason I bring up the party thing is what I mentioned a while back- instant story-time about home realm party.
Didn't launch it in this post, since i want to know if you guys want to do an instant party or would prefer extended rest.

As soon as Compass spoke, she regretted it. After all, they made it out of the room alive- that was more important than any key wasn't it? And if it wasn't...well, it should be.

Despite that, she glanced at the statue in the centre of the room guiltily.

She tried to put the situation out of mind for the moment, and focus on something else. Food and rest, Sunlit had said; despite being (somehow) well enough to walk, she did feel a certain emptiness in her stomach. Considering before she was knocked out, it felt like her insides were hardening, that was oddly comforting,mbut still.
"I don't suppose anyone was on a secret picnic when they got here?" She smiled, trying to laugh awkwardly. She looked at the others, swallowing.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Midas got to his hooves and glanced at Compass. "We have the key." He lifted it up with his magic and tossed it at her hooves. "I got it after the flower melted. I'm gonna need more components though...don't wanna do that right away though. Making components from scratch hurts."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Somehow, Compass managed to catch the key without dropping it.

"You got it," she said, sounding somewhere between disbelief and giddiness. She stared at the key for a second- she hadn't expected to see it at all, after all- before grabbing it in her mouth and rushing towards the statue, any lingering injuries be damned.

"Tha'sh amashing," she said around it, slotting and turning it in the lock. "Okay, well... I could probably use a bit of a break myself, so... Why don't we rest for a little bit, try and take care of the food, and then we can go get the next key?"

Two down.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:32 pm

The tiny key, a shiny steel with the end shaped like a very small wind-up toy, fit and turned easily. After a second, the statue flashed bright, briefly blinding every one. When the lights turned down, the statue was of the same metal as the key. More unexpected though, all the doors now had the same symbol over them: The heart.

mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Sunlit Wave takes several long, meditative breaths, quietly imagining the sound of the surf in his head. They needed him to be warm. They needed him to be bright. They needed him to be sunny again. Another, far less pleasant, thought came into his head. "Rest sounds fantastic right now." He says aloud. "On the subject of food...there is one way to get food that we haven't mentioned yet."
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:36 pm

When her vision cleared, Compass stared at the change to the de├ęcor, momentarily taken aback. The exhaustion seemed to seep out of her, replaced with a sudden, frantic energy; that was new. Which meant they must have done something, which meant...

She heard Sunlit, and looked at him. Despite her sudden enthusiasm, she knew that they needed food.
"What's that," she asked, only half listening, and more than a little impatient to see what they had caused to happen.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:21 am

"We could ask Discord." The pegasus says quietly.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:58 am

At the mention of Discord's name, all the stone doors slammed into the ground with a large Thunk!

When this happened, a small note materialized in front of Sunlit, reading Best get a move on

ooc:
Yeah, I know. You'll understand when you get there.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:08 am

"So much for that." Sunlit Wave says, sounding very blase. "If the doors were any indication, we'll be going to the same place no matter what corridor we pick. I like that one." He says, pointing randomly to his right.

OOC:
Remind me, what does the central cavern look like? Shape, ceiling height, wall color, wall material, notable projections?

Also, did the doors slide into the ground or fall forward?
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Five tunnels going in different direction and ending up in the same place? That didn't even make the top twenty of the strangest things Compass had ever seen.

She nodded in response to Sunbeams choice- nothing in particular stood out for her about the tunnels, either- and began to step towards it. Whatever was in that piece of paper made him drop the 'food and rest' stuff, and lingering somewhere despite Discords 'suggestion' seemed like a sure-fire way to earn his displeasure... and with only three keys left to get, Compass had no intention of doing that.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Spoiler:
To try and get a view on what's down the tunnels:

Perception [8] + d20 [18] = 26
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:02 pm

This tunnel was much shorter, leading to another door, this one similar to a fancy cottage, and had a knocker.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:23 pm

A door barring a path with a knocker set in it.

Obviously there was only one thing to do. If all the tunnels led this way, that meant the key had to be on the other side; so...

She raised a hoof, lifted the knocker, and rang it against the door.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Back to top