Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

+3
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Loud Taffy
7 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)  - Page 5 Empty Re: Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:42 am

You say that like I haven't played him in 5 different games- which is why everyone knows about him. I'm sure I'll get the reference though. Maybe not when I see it, but eventually.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)  - Page 5 Empty Re: Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

Post  Loud Taffy Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:25 pm

You like how everything is nicely organized on the top thread?
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:44 pm

I forgot to tell you, all Check made to detect or find monsters specifically, will auto fail.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:13 pm

You really should just cross out all the things we can't use in the game. Weathercrafting, detect minds, found it, etc. Or at least footnote them in the list.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Ya your right. I'll make a note next to everything monster specific
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Combat wise.. Go all out, you can either try to build a save ends built... Which WILL be powerful in this game thanks to the d6 thing... Or you can be a pure DPS. Just at most have only one minor heal move... If any.... So far we got a Nuke/Healer a with hint a Warlord, Healer/Summoner/Warlord with a hint of support, and a DPS that uses the neat combo-move talents. So keep that in mind when looking over the spliced system's combat talents.

Will note that this move could be useful for any build you make up... Even though we already got somebody with it, MULTIPLE USERS WITH THIS MOVE ONLY IS A GOOD THING! (+1 standards for me is WONDERFULLY powerful and with a 4 player party... This is really powerful.)
[-6] Rallying Cry - Standard Action
Up to 3 different target creatures may take an additional standard action on their next turn

Out of interest, is there anywhere that has...definitions for those terms? I can guess what a Nuke or Healer are, but I'm less sure on Warlord, and I only know DPS because I googled it... and even then the first few results had nothing to do with it.

Honestly, that move might fit very well with a character concept that just occurred to me- I admit, I come up and focus on the ideas for characters first. The combat build is the last thing I consider. That said, I'm thinking of either going the damage-per-second route... or making an out and out Glass Cannon.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:47 pm

Nuke - Saves the pips/energy to spend on BIG HIGH COSTING moves that do massive damage all at once.

Warlord - Built around having the allies do things by either making them do talents or something.

Healer - THE MEDIC IS CREDIT TO TEAM! Self-explanatory... Built to keep the HP going upwards little by little.

Summoner - I SUMMON MINIONS! Basically your build has a major feature of summoning creatures to do things.

DPS - Damage Per Second, basically this type of build is planned to get as much damage out as it can each turn.

Support - This type of build is built around helping the team in non-healing ways such as buffs of some kind. That Rallying Cry is a support move I'd argue...

(Save Ends) build - A type of build that works around Sending (save ends) effects to the enemies that are built to be as unsavable as is possible to pull off.

And I gotta say building a glass canon seems like a fun idea... ENJOY! I'd suggest trying to use Wild Abandon or Berserker's Rage in such a combat build mindset. And by the way I have a character that a glass canon-ish that also is built to be resistant a little to taking harm...

@Loud: Um... Hey is combat going to be using the Pick 8 Take 5 into battle or are we going to just automatically take in all talents into combat? I ask because Spellbook is still a weapon option. And I'm kinda hoping to remove that limitation if possible.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:48 pm

One could argue that most glass cannons are just nukes in this system, sort of. Everyone more or less has the same basic defense and health, so the only thing that changes it are if you boost your defenses, or otherwise weaken them. You can do huge damage without being particularly fragile, and weakening yourself to do more damage is more a bleeder or sacrificial build then an actual glass cannon.

But more nuke options are actually a pretty valid strategy. One of the only strategies DMs have to make combat challenging is having a general Misdirection/damage negation move to use in case of nuking, and if there's only one nuke coming then that's all they have to worry about. But if you have a DPS with a consistent damage output cutting them down, and multiple nukes, he then has to decide when to use said move. He can't negate ALL of them. At least, not without looking like a cheating dick.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:19 am

Personally I think a fun option for GMs to do... GIVE THE ENEMY WHEEL OF FORTUNE! That'd lead to interesting times... But with how now we're at 100 HP that leads to different things... Really, so we'd be allowed to be hit with more damage than in other games I've seen... Still say that building a build where you do things of the paying life mixed with the 4 of Wild Abandon or Beskerser's Rage that gives attack boost.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:29 pm

For your consideration:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10UoRwmiQz0DMVsZuM1PNzG4CFDv5mm4YQpBCjto7APY/mobilebasic?pli=1

If you guys don't like her, I do have another idea in mind, just need to make a sheet for him.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:22 pm

I for one LIKE THE IDEA of mixing Doctor Who & Silent Hill...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:37 pm

I love it! The Raini is awesome.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Crap... Ok I guess if everyone's character is completely done we shall start.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Err... Wait to hear form what the other peoples think of Cav's character. Then we'll move into intro-post-train-ride... Just because me and you like it, doesn't mean the other two will enjoy the idea.

Also there was said to be a second character? If so, may we see that one as well so we may judge them together and given opinions? Then agian maybe not... And we'll try to stick with the FREAKING AWESOME idea of having a Time Pony on the team. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Honestly, it took me so long making the Reini, I didn't get the second sheet made. Now, most if that time was spent trying to work out moves, but still...

The second concept, though was... a nobility pony, named Earl Grey; a cowardly, spoilt brat of the upper classes, who finds himself unwillingly drafted into Silent Hill. I liked the idea of playing, basically, Blueblood, running him through Silent Hill, breaking him down to see if he has any 'worthy' qualities and then building him back up as a better pony.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:09 pm

That's really deep. But the mission was volunteer only, no one got drafted.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Your character is... interesting, Cavalry. I'm not very knowledgeable about Doctor Who and I don't know about mixing Doctor Who and Silent Hill... but then again I once tried to mix Eternal Darkness and My Little Pony, so I have no place to talk.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Nothing wrong with the character, but it seems to be the second character that is is borderline outside one of the criteria for characters in this game- that being, not one who's headstrong that will  jump headfirst into solving things. But the ninjataur has already pressed that mold, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

EDIT: She's fine, but to me, the snobby coward rich guy seems like it would have been a more interesting choice.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Ok the first post will go up tomorrow in the morning-ish
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:35 pm

TheCavalry wrote:For your consideration:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10UoRwmiQz0DMVsZuM1PNzG4CFDv5mm4YQpBCjto7APY/mobilebasic?pli=1

If you guys don't like her, I do have another idea in mind, just need to make a sheet for him.
Oh dear... Did you now delete this character? Cause I can't access the seet anymore.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:14 pm

First post is up!
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:35 pm

Oh hey Xel-
Spoiler:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Me damn it, Twi 
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Sorry guys! Computer glitch- for some reason I couldn't access my character sheet from my home computer, but I could on other ones. So, copy-pasted to a new document and it seems fixed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mm5LaPv3Iu7uZxsiEbMXcOKXQUQfvYPl1Cz1tflTHGY/mobilebasic?pli=1

Sorry about that.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Oh.... 2 minor errors I noticed on your sheet... While I'm not a fan of your sheet's skill format (I assume it makes better sense for you as the number addons instead of total figures, that is fine) but I noticed that Perception & Insight have the (+2) thing that untrained stats get by AJofAllTrades/TricksofTheTrade, but those two are trained stats, therefore they don't get the (+2) bonus. Also I noticed you didn't give the +2 to your defenses too... Which I believe, unless I'm mistaken (Loud, please tell me if I am) that they count as stats that could be trained therefore they equally get the +2 thing as well.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next