STBLEstuck

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: STBLEstuck

Post  mjh6 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Bright chewed her lip. She was TC's server, which meant that she should probably find out what was going on for her.

ooc:
History check (I'm guessing history, unless I can spin this one into an Arcana check too)
9+8=17
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:53 pm

"A CHANCE TO PROTOTYPE ME WITH SOMETHING SMARTER. MY KERNAL BROKE WHEN WE CAME IN, SO THAT'LL JUST BE SEASTALLION, BUT YOU CAN STILL PUT ANOTHER THING IN ME."

As Bright looks up the incipisphere, she finds a STBLE walkthrough online written by someone with the Chumhandle tentacleTherapist (who calls the game SBURB, for some reason). The text is insanely dense and overwritten though, and just reading it is a pain.

Meta:
Roll endurance to see how far you can read into the thing before getting a migraine.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Bright really wasn't the type to go through long blocks of text for extended periods, but she still gave it a shot.

ooc:
Endurance check. Longrunner allows me to roll twice
10, 6
10+7=17
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:10 pm

This thing is beyond impossible to read, but you manage to find out a few things, getting about halfway through "[A100] The Long and Short. The Medium too."

What you get out of it, beyond the fact that TT is a very smart insufferable windbag, is that the seizorb is called a Kernelsprite.  The Kernel was the black-and-white flashy bit that vanished when TC went in the game. Apparently it gets programmed along with the sprite pre-medium and, somehow, has an effect on the "POUCH" the client has entered. It can be "Prototyped" by chucking shit in it before or after entering the pouch, but prototyping before impacts the world and after only impacts the sprite. The sprite is apparently the ghostly pink Seacoltstallion and is to act as a spirit guide.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Ocean frowned. "Something smarter, huh..." she muttered. She glanced back at her house, hiding a grimace, and mentally cataloging anything else that might be useful.

She should be grateful; how hard could it be to find smarter than Ligeld?

"TC: Any advancement on your end?
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:57 pm

dp:lOOKING. fOUND SOME STUFF
dp: tO CHANGE HIM, YOU NEED TO HIT IT AGAIN, i THINK
dp: tHIS THING IS REALLY DENSLY WRITTEN, BUT i THINK THAT THE BOOK MIGHT HAVE EFFECTED MORE THAN JUST THE SPRITE.
dp:  cAN YOU LOOK OUT THE WINDOWS AND SAY WHAT YOU SEE?
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:47 am

Spoiler:
Rolling for details on the outside, beyond east you said earlier. Assuming there any more details to be gleaned.

Perception [10] + d20 [10] = 20
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:51 pm

Peering more closely out the window, you see odd black creatures swimming in the water. They look very shiny and muscular and are wearing spandex. They also seem to be headed for you.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:23 pm

TC: That might be a problem.
TC: I can not see much of anything.
TC: No moon, no clouds.
TC: Just a black sky, and a black ocean stretching as far as I can see.
TC: I do see some... things in the ocean though.
TC: I do not suppose what you found mentions the generosity and hospitality of the creatures of the Land of Stars and Waves, does it?

As she speaks, Ocean tries taking up some kind of a defensive stance.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:10 pm

The creatures reach the little island your house is on and climb up. They look sort of like monkeys with how they walk on two legs and use their front legs to manipulate things, but they have shiny, hard looking, jet black skin and no fur. They're very muscular and grizzled and have gills on their necks and stubble. Which looks kind of dumb since they only come up to your barell. They're also wearing spandex. About three of them have reached your island, though there are others in the ocean. One goes over to your door and punches it, though it's able to hold.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:39 pm

"I'm going to guess not," Ocean mumbled, backing away from the door. Trying to break a door down was usually a good indicator of ones friendliness.

Maybe it was foolish to be backing away- they weren't particularly tall, after all-... but then, she wasn't particularly strong. She was a sneaker, not a fighter.
Of course, she wasn't exactly prepared to let some tiny sea monikers drive her out of her house, either.

She took a deep breath.

"WHO DARES INVADE MY DOMAIN?" It was her best impression of Sea[s]colt[/s]Stallion's shout. She just hoped that those imps felt more intimidated than dumbed down to.

Spoiler:
Audiomancy, to amplify the volume.

TIS THE TRADITIONAL LIGELDING VOICE.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:49 pm

The imps seem more confused than anything else, but they do take a couple steps back. Seasprite, however, grins and mimics you. "YES! THIS IS SEASTALLION! AND I DEMAND YOU GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY HOUSE AND DON'T COME BACK! IF WE NEED GRIST WE'LL COME FIND YOU!"

That seems to get their attention, as their grimaces transform into looks of terror. The imps hop back into the water and swim away.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:00 pm

"I never thought I'd be playing Ligelds Aquamare," Ocean mumbled, almost face hoofing in the process. She looked at Seastallion.

"Do you think you can describe those in a way that doesn't involve the words grizzled or pouch?"
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Seasprite thinks very very hard, frowning deeply. Veins start to appear in his neck and head before he groans and slams his head against the floor. "NO. NO, I CAN'T. PROTOTYPE ME AGAIN. THE SECOND ONE IS STRONGER THAN THE FIRST. IT'LL HELP."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Ocean frowned. She'd seen the impact that Ligeld had had on the... sprite? Kernel? She really needed to try and keep those terms straight...

Anyway, the point was... she needed to be careful about this. She needed something...well... smarter.

Well, she had other books she could add to him; political theorists, papers with regards to Sunbutt's tyranny...

Instead, she went to her closet and pulled out her old surfboard.

Maybe that was taking a short view of it, but it seemed useful for a land of waves... and besides. The sprite obviously had pre-existing knowledge, irrespective of SeaStallion. He just needed a different... tool to express it with, and surf lingo...
Well, that she could understand.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:24 pm

LF: Hold on there schloopy.
LF: Last thing I know through questionable means for now, promise.
LF: And sorry.
LF: That surfboard you've got...if you can captchalogue stuff and I'm pretty sure you can, do that. Then make a totem.
LF: That way you can make more surfboards later if you find traversing these waves in the Land of Stars and Waves difficult.
LF: Using the buzzawhat that reads your cards. And the alchemeter.
LF: No advice yet forthcoming on traveling the stars, sad to say.
LF: And yeah, I know, I'm not stupid, you have other boards, but you're stuck there for the time being
LF: Holy cow you're stuck there
LF: So it's best to have backup in case boards suddenly stop being a thing, yes?
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:38 pm

Honestly, Ocean was tempted to ignore the warning. Despite her wings, she had always felt more at home in water than in the air; she was sure she could hold her own.

Except...
Except that was a whole lot of water out there...

She put down the board; she'd captchalogue(?) it in a minute, whatever that meant. But that still left her with the problem of what to use on the kernel.

After her experience with Ligeld, she didn't want to risk another comic collection- even if she did like being called Aquamare. She could add some books of a different sort; she had a spare copy of Sunny Daze Treatsoe of the Solar Imperium or she could add one of her parents science journals...

Instead, she pulled out a pair of old -cracked- goggles. They had belonged to her; actually, she'd forgotten she still had them. The last time she wore them, she had been just another party beach pony.
She kind of missed that, sometimes...

She considered for a moment, then threw the goggles at SeaStallion.
"Catch."
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Seasprite leaned forward and caught the goggles around one hoof. A bright pink light filled the room and Ocean feels a blast of warm air hit her chest. When the light dies, standing there is...well, it's not exactly not Seasprite anymore, but he looks incredibly different. His body is still overly muscled and he still has some stupid looking bandoliers and pouches. However, he now has large pink wings. Most of the changes, though are in his face. For one, he's now wearing the goggles. His grimace has turned into a very chill smile, even though his features seem much older and more wrinkled. He speaks in a voice that's sort of like Seasprite, but also something very different. Much older, much calmer and much less shouty.

"Hey there kiddo! Oh wow, I did not expect you to grow up so fast. Then again, I figure it's been a while. Shit, this is weird." He lightly scratched the back of his beachy mane. "Uh, don't worry though. I'm way smarter than that other douchebag was. Just...yanno, need a minute. Ligeld? Really? Why did you even own that? Anyway, I figure you can call my Grampsprite. Or whatever. Damn, it's good to see you turned out okay." He ends this sentence with a bright grin towards you.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Ocean hesitated for a second. Obviously, he recognised her, despite the impersonation charm... meaning she didn't have to take it off.

She did so anyway, twisting the charm on her hoof. For a second, there was no change; then, the colours of her coat and mane began to fade into thick blotches, her grey coat turning aquamarine, her purple mane being replaced with beach blonde.

"Heya Grampsprite," Seaspray said softly.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Grampsprite grabbed Seaspray in a tight hug and ruffled her mane with one hoof, laughing as he did. "Oh wow, Kiddo! Last time I saw you you were just a tiny lil' foal in the ocean! And now, lookit you! A straight up Knight in the making! Damn, I'm hella proud kid. Hella proud."

Grampsprite plopped Seaspray back down on the ground. "Now look, Seabie, those dumb shits out there aren't gonna leave you alone forever, but we've got some downtime. So, whatcha wanna know? I'll answer as best as I can."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:12 pm

"I...don't even know where to start with questions. One second I'm playing Sunbutt's stupid game, the next meteors are falling, I find myself here, I'm attacked by things... and having a conversation with my dead grampa. I have no idea what's going on, what I'm supposed to do, and did you just call me a knight?"
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:24 pm

"Yup." Grampsprite grinned. "Y'see kid, you and your friends have a big destiny ahead of you, and this is all part of it. Right now, you're inside of a pocket dimension. By the way, 'pouch'? Seriously? Old me was a dumbass. Anyway, it's more of a...god, I can't believe I'm saying this, a bandolier of pocket dimensions all circling around one big nothing, but you only need to be concerned with this one. We're inside The Medium right now. And if you'd get on your roof and look up, I can tell you more."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:30 pm

> Get on with it!

Get on with what? Geeze, you think the VOICES need to learn to HOLD THEIR HORSES.

Of course, in a certain metaphorical sense, that is in fact exactly what they are doing, but...that's not the POINT. The POINT is, you need to find out WHAT IS GOING ON with your FRIENDS.

...any hints, voices? Any at all? No? Figures.

LF: Hey uh
LF: What's going on out there in Wavesland or whatever it's called?
LF: Also everyone else.
LF: I wasn't lying! The well of artificial knowledge is thoroughly dry!
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum