Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:38 am

"So basicially she does your job, only better."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:17 am

After checking the generator, Gearick nodded to himself, pleased that it was working properly. However he didn't say something, and instead turned to Dusty, asking. "What's troubling you?"
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:59 pm

"We each have our strengths.  And our roles aren't exactly the same."

Meanwhile, Dusty Winds gave a little sigh, "Hector saved my life back when you guys were back on the other side.  I think I'm a little smitten with him and I don't know what to do. It feels so sudden."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:18 am

"Well, crushes and the like, do tend to be more sudden than most." Gearick said as he walked up closer to Dusty, put a reassuring hoof on her shoulder, as he said. "As for what you should do? Well, you've got two options. First, you can just ignore it and continue. Or, when he's not busy, you can ask him out on a date and simply see how it goes from there... for what its worth, I'm pretty sure he's crushing on you as well."
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:03 am

"How about you tell me about some of those strengths."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:43 am

"As far as I can tell, this base has some sort of dampening magic that limits shapeshifting.  She lacks that limit that stifles my ability.  However, I must say that I'm intrigued.  It limits it but doesn't completely shut it down.  There's a few different reasons why one would do that."

Dusty Winds chuckled, then facehoofed, "I nuzzled him in front of everypony.  That's gonna lead to questions and rumors."

Far, far elsewhere, travel in the Princess' vessel continued its voyage back to her kingdom.  The Professor chose to accompany since though her word was law and the guard would drop all charges, it would be a better showing of goodwill if he came along.  Meanwhile, Turquoise Tree found the sandwich filling.  It had been a long time since he last tasted food.  The voyage left them plenty of time to think.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:31 am

"Well... fraid the only way I can think of dispelling them is by asking him out for a date, in public." Gearick said with shrug at Dusky's comment. "Personally, rumors and such have never bothered me, but everyone is different."
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:42 am

"Yes, intriguing. Is she a shapeshifter too, then?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:44 am

"She's not a shapeshifter at all.  She merely has a variety of dark magicks, including teleportation."  A sharp knock was heard.  It seems the guard had arrived to cart off their prisoner, a trio comprised of one of each pony.  They looked extra annoyed but merely nodded to Brisk Iron as the unicorn took control of the forcefield spell and carted Skale away with telekinesis.  Brisk Iron then addressed the team, After you file reports about the recent events, you're free to got for the rest of the day. You've certainly earned some time to rest.  I'll need to speak with Hector after he files his since I need to make sure he's setup properly for payment.

As they finished up the last checks on the generators, Dusty replied, "I guess I'll ask him if we have free time.  Though being a janitor for a building with explosions means a lot of cleaning to do."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:43 am

"Farewell, Skale!" Hector called teasingly. "May you never cease to grow inwards," he said, putting himself back on the ground. "Well, I know a little bit more, anyways, although the one question I had didn't quite get answered. Funny how many smaller questions it took... Guess I should've tried a little harder. Anyways, according to our glorious director I have a report to write and a nap to take, so I guess I'd best get on with it," he said, turning to leave the room.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:10 pm

"Well, we best get on with the job then, shouldn't we?" Gearick said once the checks on the generator was done, and Dusty commented on her lack of free time. "Southern Storage, inventory check I believe it was." As he spoke, the unicorn tried to recall where that storage was, and how they would reach it from their current location. As well as where they could pick up a list of items that were meant to be in the storage."
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:54 pm

"Since we'll be dealing with the...mad hatter...quite soon, in all likelihood, I'm going to look into ways to shut down Unicorns." Grease says, rummaging in his gearbox before producing the bag of anti-magic crystals. "I'm sure I can do something with these...I'll go get Gearick's input. I doubt he's volunteer as a test subject, but he almost got eaten by one of these, so he might have some good information. I suppose I should bring him up to speed on the new terminology as well. Southern Storage, wasn't it?" He finishes, turning to follow the familiar paths of the building.

OOC:

I've only used one magic point today, so Grease probably isn't tired.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Dusty Winds and Gearick traversed down corridors and secret walls until they reached the Southern Storage.  A muscled stallion stopped them and pointed at Gearick. "The Chief Director has granted temporarily security clearance for this STOMP Team.  This includes Grease and a new guy named Hector who's a hippogriff in case they show up too.  It'll help out a lot as far as recordkeeping is concerned." Obtaining clipboards, the two began to assist in checking the inventory.  A while later, Grease arrived and the stallion let him through.

OOC Gearick & Grease:
This is a situation where either History or Perception could be used.  While this scene is mostly for timeskip and roleplay reasons, there are bits of info to be gleaned.  This is at least a partial followup to Gearick's request for more access to Keep artifacts.

Meanwhile, Hector Gildedwings worked on his report and delivered it to Brisk Iron.  She directed him to take a seat, "So what are your plans from here? Your current status is as a for-hire on expeditions but I'm looking to see just what your present goals are."

And even farther elsewhere, Princess Silver Swirl smooths things over with her guard while the Professor assists the guard by pointing out gaps in security he noticed previously.  After the disaster maintenance is complete, Silver Swirl then brought Stout Spirit and Turquoise Tree to her library.  She then opens a book to show them a drawing of two loops with similar markings as the staff. "I think this may be a counterpart to your staff. Records imply that it's in a temple on an island a short distance from my kingdom.  They always return when removed but maybe things will go differently with you there.  Are you interested in searching?  If so, we will set out in the morning."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:59 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Meanwhile, Hector Gildedwings worked on his report and delivered it to Brisk Iron.  She directed him to take a seat. "So what are your plans from here? Your current status is as a for-hire on expeditions but I'm looking to see just what your present goals are."

"Well..." Hector said hesitatingly. "To be honest, I don't know. The last few days have been... Difficult, to put it lightly. But... That's what I needed." The hippogriff let out a sigh. "For the longest time, I've always been pushing myself beyond my limits. My mother... She said I should always strive for better. But... Here in Equestria, I've found that my 'better' was always someone else's 'too much'. I lost a lot, because I did more than anyone else could use. And then I joined STOMP. I didn't know the scale you guys work on, I figured it would be just like always. But it wasn't. For the first time since my childhood I have to push myself, I have to go above and beyond the limits, or it won't be enough! That's my goal; to go beyond the difficult and into the impossible, and bring back it's head on a spear. The rest of the time? I don't know. Relax and recover, be ready for the next mission, and maybe take a chance occasionally to see what normal ponies do with the lives I helped save."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 pm

"If you're looking for more regular work, the Keep does have an opening on our weather team. The city allows us to maintain our own."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:46 pm

"That sounds nice. But... Can it wait a bit? A day or two, maybe? I'm still pretty sore here and there..."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:28 am

Gearick nods at the stallion’s words, not all that surprised that the entire STOMP team had been given temporary security clearance, as they needed that in order to be allowed into the storage, and if one of them was to come after him to talk to him, they would need the clearance themselves. The unicorn quickly got to work however, though he was probably quite a bit slower than Dusky, as he was taking the opportunity to study the artifacts as well as just check that they were they. Though he knew not to touch any of them unless absolutely necessary. Hopefully he would be able to tell if any of them were faked.

History check:
1d20+12 = 28
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Brisk Iron nodded, "Understood.  However, we will continue looking for other possible weather team members in the meantime.  You're dismissed.  Actually, Professor Field left you something." She passed him an envelope.

Within Southern Storage, Gearick was able to discern that the lists were working backwards from the most current acquisitions.  One that was quite heavily secured was a magic wand known as the Wand of the North Wind. Thankfully, the studious unicorn took the listed precautions so that the relic's cryptic whispers did not overtake his mind.  Many other artifacts were separated parts of a whole with one piece kept elsewhere, such as the Second Puzzle of the Lizard Knight.  And reading about the Monocle of the Blind Dragon, it was said that it could reveal the deepest desires for a price.  But lo and behold, this pony sized lens was missing!  Worse still, there was ash lined in the box where it was once kept.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:44 am

"Did he now..." Hector said quietly, gingerly opening it with a claw...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls on Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Stout still is waiting for the princess to invite him to her presence, so he may ask her questions about the staff.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Inside the envelope was a sheet of paper with tiny writing all over it.  Upon closer inspection, it looked like the Professor had attempted a translation guide into the griffon language of several technical and magical concepts, particularly the things discussed back in Neighpon.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:13 pm

The hippogriff took great care in handling the paper once he realized it's contents. "Is there any way we could make copies? In a bigger print, ideally? If I lose this one I'm hosed."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:35 am

Gearick studied the artifacts, not at all surprised to find them having been split apart if possible. Keeping them in one piece not only made them dangerous, but at the same time, made it much easier to steal. Though, not all of them could be split in such a way sadly. After discovering that the Monocle of the Blind Dragon, he quickly moved back to the guard at the front to report it, deciding it was best not to wait around with something like that.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Brisk Iron quickly scribbles out a note. "Take this to Ready Quill.  Teal stallion of roughly my height.  He should be able to get you taken care of.  Check the break room since he should be on lunch right now."

The guard listened to Gearick's report, then his eyes went wide. "We'll continue inventory. You report this to the Chief Director immediately!"
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:40 pm

The unicorn nodded and focused his magic, with the urgently of the guard's comment. He decided that walking was going to be too slow. So instead, he teleported to Brisk Iron's office. Hoping she wouldn't mind if he arrived unannounced like he was, especially when he had news that she needed to hear. Gearick not waiting to be adressed or acknowledged before turning to Brisk and blurting out. "The Monocle of the Blind Dragon is missing, all that's there is a lining of ash."
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top