Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

+4
sunbeam
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 12 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Leading the team team to a nearby river, she pointed to a large, tightly woven basket. "This river leads through the temple so if you jump on in, I'll tow you through.  The temple seems to block teleportation so whoever's in there won't have any sneaky shortcuts out unless they take this particular sneaky shortcut."  After jumping into the water, her hind legs fused together to form one fin.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 12 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Sobana Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Nightshade hops in the basket giving no notice at all about the strange transformation as if it was a daily occurrence.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:59 pm

"When Brisk Iron said you were odd I assumed you had a talking parrot or something." Grease comments, jumping in after Nightshade. "Do they know about this particular shortcut?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Major Delight set Gearick down and they walked to the intersection where Ruby Blossom and the other guard was waiting. "This is where we stopped.  So far, we haven't been able to pick up any clues on which way to go so we may be forced to split up or guess.  I don't like either concept."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:20 am

Nightshade causally asks Anchors Away

"So, what do you know about this temple?"
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:44 am

"Welcome back. I must say i don't much like those options either... I don't suppose you could tell which passage seems to have the most air flow would you Major?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:12 pm

Gearick frowned slightly as they walked, he didn’t like leaving a mystery... well, a mystery. Yet at the same time, there was absolutely nothing he could do, so he walked with the major to the junction, where he frowned again, then sighed and focused his magic, casting it into the tunnels lightly to see if he could sense anything at all.

Arcana:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:59 am

"The pony civilization that used to live here was dedicated to mirrors, lenses, and discovery.  I'm assuming they brought the little doodad they stole here to help them find something well hidden."

Major Delight spread his wings wide and ruffled them a bit, "The only place I'm getting any airflow is from where we just came."  Meanwhile, Gearick detected a shift in the equations that was hard to notice had he not been looking.

Arcana results:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:35 am

"So if I understand you correctly, what you are trying to say is, there are..." Nightshade pauses as a big grin comes across her face and she drools a little bit "undiscovered secrets yet to be discovered where we are going?" She then let's out a drawn out laugh to herself.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Gearick blinked at the information he was getting, then shook his head again, saying in frustrating. “Equations. This entire place is about maths. The calculations at the front, the shifting sky, even them magic from these tunnels. Its all about math and equations. Unless we manage to get a starting point though, I’m not sure how good the information is going to be.”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:08 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Leading the team team to a nearby river, she pointed to a large, tightly woven basket. "This river leads through the temple so if you jump on in, I'll tow you through.  The temple seems to block teleportation so whoever's in there won't have any sneaky shortcuts out unless they take this particular sneaky shortcut."  After jumping into the water, her hind legs fused together to form one fin.

Hector shied at the basket. "...I think I'd rather swim," he announced, stepping carefully into the water, avoiding noise as he tried the current...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:30 pm

"If you can keep up, it'll be great to have a swimming buddy." Anchors Away took off but kept a reasonable pace so that Hector could follow.  After some distance, they dipped under a wall and found a room carved with a polished stone.  As light glimmered into the water, Anchors swam through a few underwater tunnels until they came to a small room with a few mirrors floating in the air.  She cautiously climbed out of the water and opened the basket so the others could get out.

"Well, we have to do something.  Be on the ready."  Major Delight nodded to the other guard then cautiously walked into the corridor in front of him.  Nothing happened until a noise similar to that of a clock stopping was heard and then the floor shifted everypony into the same corridor as the guard.  Equations filled the previous opening until they turned into stone and formed a wall.  "Hmph."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Endurance:

About halfway through the underwater tunnel Hector realized he had a problem.

He couldn't hold his breath quite long enough.

He struggled to move a little faster. The water pushed in oppressively as his limbs began to cramp. He watched helplessly, unable to continue as his comrades went ahead of him. He started to black out as a figure came towards him...

Last edited by Crystalite on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:18 am

Realizing Hector hadn't come up for air, Anchors Away valiantly dove back into the water to save her comrade.  Dragging him to the surface, she swiftly performed CPR until he sputtered and was revived.  Giving him a snide look, she bemused, "Next time you want to kiss a fish, just ask."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:44 am

((Added some flavor into my last post.))

Hector suddenly came to with Anchor's face coming away from his own. He rolled over to cough the remainder of his lungs out onto the cave floor, almost missing her comment: but not quite. He looked at Anchor, then at Grease and Nightshade.

"If any of you tell Dusty I'll kill you," he said in a deadpan tone that left the seriousness in doubt. He turned back to Anchors. "Thank you. I was about done there. But, a favor? Don't call yourself a fish. Fish are for eating, not saving your friends," he said quietly as he went about the process of trying to dry himself off a little...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:59 am

"Glad to see you come out of that alive, Hector. It would have been really hard to carry all these mirrors back by myself." She then smile and replied "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:08 am

"Please excuse Nightshade, she doesn't understand that not everything is hers," Hector responded. "I think there's a word for it. Klepto-something. Chooka, I should know this one... But anyways, what are the mirrors for?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:01 am

"the normal uses of mirrors, I'd imagine." Grease says, a little sourly. He had been looking more and more peeved the more nightshade spoke. "Reflection, scrying, vanity, portals, location of magical artifacts, luring collectors into traps. Did I miss any?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:03 am

"Kelp is for eating. Also, just between you and me, beaks are WEIRD.  I could have just sucked the water out your lungs if it wasn't for that thing.  But as far as the mirrors, some of them act as windows so you can see places.  Others are magic mirrors that do magical mirror stuff.  I think.  Nightshade might be able to figure out more if she does that horn scanny thing unicorns do."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:45 am

"You don't - huh. I had figured these were yours," Hector responded, electing to ignore the kelp comment. Instead, he began poking around the room, trying to find other entrances or exits...

Perception:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Upon Hector's gaze around the room, he spotted a set of stairs in the near corner and a hole in the center of the ceiling. There were no windows but mirrors were reflecting the light that creeped in through the ceiling.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:51 pm

"Well, i suppose we don't have much of a choice now, do we..."

She says with a sigh when the passage seals behind them before dusting herself off and starting down the corridor. Trotson following closely as she cautiously looks around, sniffing around and keeping an eye out as he'd been trained.

perception:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:13 pm

The light shining in through the skylight easily allowed Ruby Blossom to see through the corridor. It eventually dawned on her that the end of the tunnel was a room with a ladder back to the surface...just like the one they used when they entered the tunnel. She also realized that though the equations were varied, the solution to the equations on the wall were forming the same sequence of numbers: 13, 1, 25, 2, 5
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:54 pm

"13, 1, 25, 2, 5...? Curious...maybe it...maybe?"

She stops for a moment when she notices the stairs. A suspicious look crosses her face as she looks at the ladder, the walls, and back down the corridor.

"Could it be... I believe I've found an exit! ...Or possibly the entrance..."

She calls back as she returns to the group and the newly formed wall. Looking over the equations that formed it, checking to see what they solve out to.

ooc:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:29 pm

"Oh, right, sorry. I was distracted for a moment by my co-workers near death experience. My bad. Since it looks like he made a full recovery I'll just go ahead and do my magic thing now."

She walks over to the mirror.

"My, this would make a fine addition to the museum's collection... Or anypony's collection for that matter."

She waves at the mirror as if she could get it's attention and then brings her hoof to her mouth to try to refrain from giggling. After she composes herself she says a meaningless chant then casts her spell.

"Mirror, mirror up in the air. Tell me the truths I want to hear~"

Uncovering Truths:

Last edited by Sobana on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typoes)
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next