Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:37 pm

"You've been pushed hard recently. And with you being on hire for expeditions as opposed to a salaried employee, I can't keep you here anyway now that the mission is over."
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Crystalite on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:10 am

Hector found himself at a loss for words, and wondering why; he'd had days off before, what was so confusing here? What would he do with himself?

"Can I....ah..." He started, trailing off to look back and forth between Brisk Iron and Dusty Winds.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:29 am

"Aun..." Dusty Winds paused as she eyed the guards, "Chief Director, I request the rest of the day off.  I have both the sick days and vacation time to compensate." Brisk Iron nodded and Dusty waved for Hector to follow.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:59 am

Hector watched briefly as Brisk Iron left before tagging behind Dusty Winds.

"Where are we going?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:43 am

As Grease and Gearick arrived at the break room, they found a panicked Ready Quill.  Rather than his usual long stream of dialogue, no sound came from his mouth at all...

"Just grabbing my saddlebags.  Hope we can go out and just talk some.  Wish it were under calmer circumstances." As they reached the locker room, all was quiet. Walking towards her locker, Dusty Winds slowed down.  Suddenly a look of horror crossed her face.  Hector could feel a sickening abnormality that causes your skin to see things and your eyes to taste spicy.  His tongue could hear a muffled laughter jeering at him as the air took on the consistency of water.  Tilde had returned.

Will Hector and Dusty survive this puzzling predatory punctuation?  Tune in next time folks for more of the Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour!

*static crackle*

OOC:
Well, I guess this is a good spot to end the chapter.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:24 pm

*static crackle*

Good evening folks!  Commercials pay the bills but I hope you're ready for thrills because now it's time for another exciting Saturday night with the Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour!

Last week, the STOMP team captured a terrifying villain and recovered a powerful artifact.  However, not all is sprinkles and ice cream as a dangerous entity is loose inside the Keep base! Just what will our heroes do?

OOC:
Night Shade will need to roll again.

Hector probably got some time to look over the notes but not as much as he'd like.

Ruby was probably following the guards when they met Brisk Iron, she would have immediately requested they get Noir without getting much chance to talk.  Ruby could have followed them or headed to the break room.

Grease and Gearick probably have a decent idea of what's happening...
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:34 am

Nightshade carefully inspects the dimly lite room for anything of use. Possibly looking for an air vent to escape through or a weak lock on the door.

"Hmmm."

She mutters to herself.

OCC:
Invisible castle seems to be timing out on me. I'm going with the forum roller then.
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GafferBot on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:34 am

The member 'Sobana' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 2
GafferBot
The game is out to get you, not me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:52 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:"Just grabbing my saddlebags.  Hope we can go out and just talk some.  Wish it were under calmer circumstances." As they reached the locker room, all was quiet. Walking towards her locker, Dusty Winds slowed down.  Suddenly a look of horror crossed her face.  Hector could feel a sickening abnormality that causes your skin to see things and your eyes to taste spicy.  His tongue could hear a muffled laughter jeering at him as the air took on the consistency of water.  Tilde had returned.

"NO!" Hector screamed in anger and anguish, wasting no further time: jumping forward to wrap his arms around Dusty, and taking off down the hall as fast as his wings and the confined space would let him...

Athletics:
Grabbing my fillyfriend and running away!

Burning my second use of Haste today. Let me know when the 15 minute timer runs out please (Assuming combat doesn't happen.)

Result: Flying Ace [10, 15] + Athletics [11] + Haste [5] + Heart of Courage? [5] = 31/36
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Ruby sighed as she headed towards the break room, Trotson trotting close at her hooves. The little crystal lamb was high strung by nature, though he could hardly be blamed for that today. Though things had ultimately gone quite well, the days events, particularly the information from the wand, had left her feeling a little stressed and surprisingly hungry.

"Who knew cosmic awareness worked up such an appetite? I think a quick snack is just what the doctor ordered, eh Trotson old boy? Hmm... carrots perhaps?"

She mused to herself quietly as she went, Trotson flicking his sensitive ears towards her for a moment before bleating in agreement.

"Hehe... carrots it is then!"

She said with a light giggle of amusement.
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Grease sighs. "You look like you need more coffee. Or perhaps much, much, less, but there's not much I can do about that option." He says to Ready Quill. He climbs onto the counter and into the cabinet, climbing into the small space behind the fridge that very few ponies actually noticed, and returned with what appeared to be a normal coffee machine hooked up to an network of tubes that passed through a small metal box that was welded to the side of the machine. "Rainbow-powered coffee-maker, for coffee emergencies only." He says as explanation, spooning coffee grounds in and flipping the switch. The pot is almost immediately filled to the brim with coffee that seems to constantly be mixing with other colors, now red-brown, then green-brown, then blue-brown. Grease takes three mugs, fills them all, passes one to Gearick, and puts another one to Ready Quill's mouth, gently pouring about half a cup down his throat. "This stuff is a mean shock to your system. If you want to dampen the effect, add fruit juices, not milk and sugar. It'll taste as though that's what you added." He says to Gearick, sipping his coffee and pulling small bottles of orange, lemon, and apple juice out of the fridge before turning to see if Ready Quill had reacted to his high-powered mixture.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:50 pm

Ready Quill shook his head at the coffee offer and quickly grabbed a napkin and pencil.  Attempting write out a note where Grease could see, the letters burned away with a brilliant glow almost as fast as they were written, "Tilde is back." Ruby Blossom walked into the break room just as this was occurring.

Despite the difficulty brought on by the strange shift to the senses, Hector raced away from the room with Dusty in arms!

And elsewhere, Nightshade's attempt to probe the room she was in for weaknesses was met with magical feedback that left her feeling dizzy.

OOC:
Nightshade must beat DC 20 Endurance not to be knocked unconscious.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Hector sped away in a panic, not really caring where he ended up - just so it was away from Tilde. And Noir, of course. And ideally Nightshade. But mainly Tilde.

Eventually he saw a door that looked promising, and launched towards it hooves-first, bursting through and coming to a sliding stop inside... The break room, with the rest of the team. Convenient! He sat down on the floor, squeezing Dusty as close as he could, not intending on letting go anytime soon.

"Oh. Hi Gearick," he said in a quiet, surprisingly even tone. "There's a big scary word in the locker room could you please go squish it."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:42 pm

As he reads the note, Grease's claws flex, and lightning arcs down his spines. "You're going to want that mug." He mutters to Ready Quill, turning around and snatching the pot of rainbow coffee from the machine. "Get away from the door." He hisses to Ruby and Hector, keeping an eye on the ceiling. "Whatever happened to problems you could just blow up and be done with, huh?"

OOC:

How cramped is a break room with 6 people in it?
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:07 am

Hector wasted no time in following directions, scooting away from the door with Dusty.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:11 am

Nightshade starts to feel dizzy and fatigued. She staggers to stay on her feet but to no avail.

"But I don't want to... take a nap... again... no fun... at all..."

She falls over unconscious and rolls over on her back with her legs sticking straight into the air as if she was standing upside down.

Endurance:
1d20+5=11
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:11 am

Moments felt like an eternity as the group waited until the senses started to scramble. Glowing letters briefly flashed in the air as the lights began to bend and curl.

RRDWRKSE
EUEOURDL
WOINOARI
OYNHDOV
PFEFWODO
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Grease's mind reels as he strolls through the mathematics of the letters. It was all garbage, nearly. "You mispelled Occam." He comments, splashing some coffee on the letters. "Also, you seem to be missing a letter. Do you want it back?"
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana on Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:35 am

As Nightshade lays on the floor unconsciousness her wondering mind enters the dream world. It is a familiar dream, some might even consider it a nightmare. She is standing on a earthen bridge above a wide and bottomless chasm filled with a foggy mist. Something lives in the mist, something massive and scary with tentacles and thousands of piercing eyes. But that didn't concern Nightshade because it never left the mist so she never felt fear while walking over the bridge. On the other side of the bridge there was a familiar face, a brown earth pony with a key as a cutie mark. It didn't feel like he was part of the dream, more like just another visitor to this world. Nightshade quickly scampered across the bridge to greet him.

"Hey." she simple said.

"Hey." he said in reply.

"What have you been up too?"

"Oh, you know, just this and that. Say, what happened to your necklace?"

"I think it was stolen from me."

"Hmm, you should probably get that back soon before it starts stealing the souls of the innocent again."

"Yeah, you're right. I just got caught off guard by a magic spell is all."

"You? Of all ponies getting caught off guard by magic?

"Yeah, who would imagine something like that after all the things I've been through. But no worries, I got a reliable team that's got my back. I'm sure they will come to the rescue before my necklace can do anything bad. Just got to keep faith alive, heh." She looks up at the brown pony with innocent, believing eyes.

"Say, did you find any of those pages I was looking for?

"A few. They are in my book... it was also stolen" She grins nervously.

The brown pony just sighs and says nothing in reply as if this was just the natural way things happened. After a few moments of shared silence Nightshade sheepishly says.

"So... when am I gong to see you again? I mean outside the dream word."

"Maybe soon, maybe never. I can't really say for sure. The important thing is that you finish what you are working on."

"Alright..." She says softly as she looks down at the stone floor in disappointment.
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:50 pm

Ruby steps away from the door and shivers slightly as everything starts to feel...off. Trotson huddling by her legs.

"I'm...sorry gents, I believe you have me at a disadvantage with this one...?"
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:02 am

"Nonsense, you're good with puzzles, right?" Grease says, still sounding totally casual. "This is a living, breathing copy of the Time's crossword. Well, I'm not certain if it breathes, but it is one big word puzzle. Go ahead, try to solve it."
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Gearick decided not to use take the coffee himself... which turned out to be a very good idea as it seemed the living magic had decided to return to cause some chaos. “Can’t I just have my break time without another threat to my existence please?” He said with a sigh as he climbed to his hooves. Before he turned his head to Rose, saying. “I agree with Grease, you’ve been the best at solving similar puzzles so far. I need some sort of clue before I can try decoding them.”
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:32 pm

"This is a puzzle?! Even so... without knowing where to start there's too many possible solutions."

She hums in thought for a moment before gently ushering Trotson over towards the others.

"Nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose... keep an eye on him would you?"

She asks the others as she steps forward and clears her throat, hoping to get...whatever it is that's happening's attention.

"RESPOND?"

She says aloud to the room in general.
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Ruby Blossom gained a response from the malevolent entity but said response was turning the temperature of the air to plaid.  Certainly an unpleasant response to all involved.

OOC:
Ruby, Gearic, Grease, and Hector all take 5 Fatal Damage.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:41 am

Nightshade's companion disappears like mist in the morning sun. He must of been called away she thought. The landscape shifts to a sea of white sand. A pale moon is the only source of light in the dark sky. Jagged crystal shards are seen in the distance that gives the illusion of a living forest. A lone walled city is seen on the horizon.

"Well, I wasn't expecting that to happen. This place is always changes so randomly without notice. I think I might start calling this place 'The Unformed Lands' "

She smiled to herself at the notion and then to start to walk in the direction of the walled city she spotted.
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top