Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

+8
mjh6
Elacular
tygerburningbright
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Copper Rose
Xel Unknown
Crystalite
12 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:20 pm

As soon as MJ posts, I will move things forward a bit.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  Crystalite Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:36 am

Raise your hand if you're up for a minor time-skip.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:45 am

Sure, why not.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:29 am

Do I get a vote? Because I was hoping to start out right when the twins wake up...

But it's not a big deal to me. Up to you.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:19 am

Yup. We'll skip to when they wake up.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Mj, I should point out that you're still in the air. Bubbling Spring she's n's reply want to let you out of his sight with discord.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:33 am

I can remedy that. Wink

I will post in the morning, when my brain turns on again.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm not really sure what we should be doing next. Dusk is gone for the next few hours, so I can't really discuss it with him yet. Is there something we SHOULD be doing, like reporting in to Rainbow Dash or someone about what happened? Or did that happen beforehand?

P.s. Is there a skype group for this game? If so someone should add me.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:29 am

A) There is a Skype group: it would help if we knew what your username was. Moreover, fair warning: I mainly use Skype to talk to individual players. I don't check the group convo much.

B) Right now, Water Drop and Glowing Soft should be discussing where they want to go next.

@ Everyone else: I don't especially care where the next part of the story happens (I can put that wishing well anywhere), provided it isn't Ponyville and is inside Equestria: does anyone have a particular place they'd like to visit? EDIT: Nevermind, I suddenly thought of a place that matters.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:46 am

Ooooor, I guess we can go talk to Discord...
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Yup. Here's why I did that:

A) Bubbling Spring and Lavender Rain are both in the room. You wanted to recruit one and check up on the other. Recruit! Check up!

B) You wanted to report on the battle. Priness Sparkle is also in the room: if that's not good enough of a pony to report to then you need to re-watch season 4. Especially the finale, which all of you should have watched anyways. Report!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah, well, we were gonna do all of that stuff in time- I just thought you were gonna let us figure out what to do next on our own, not just grab us and send us there.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:32 pm

Hmmm.... "In time" is actually a good way of putting it. I do want you to stop and figure out certain things on your own: but not right now. I want to get you moving along to the things that'll really make you think. Comparing this to an episode from the show: we're still in the first part before the theme song where the scene gets set. I want to get to the middle where things actually happen.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 am

I love double-posting...

I wanted to keep you in suspense for a bit; bu, considering my upcoming vacation (Check the Absence thread) I think I shoukd go ahead and clue you in on the briefcase.

It is going to serve a dual purpose: for one thing, it is significantly bigger on the inside than out. You now have a Bag of Holding!

...However. Using it has consequences. Putting people inside may involve side adventures to get them back out. Moreover, I am gping to create a Table of Contents: everytime you open it, something random is going to fall out. It may or may not have a noticeable impact.

Of course, your characters don't know that yet. But, there's enough call to distrust Discord to say "no" if you want to.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Up to three! I hope the admins don't mind.

As I said, if nobody else has anything to ask Discord about, we will be doing the Play-by-Post equivalent of a preparation montage before we go to Phillydelphia. Why? Because I'm feeling generous, the story is moving forward, the characters have grown a little, and it feels like a really good time to bring everyone up to Level 2!

Mechanically, this means you get a (Permanent!) +1 bonus to all Skills and Defenses, 3 Exalted Ability Points (For utility stuff), and 2 Exalted Trait Points (For combat). Naturally, I would like to know what new stuff you decide to get. Flavor wise, I will want to see just how you decide to prepare In-character: you can do this over PM, or Skype, or in the IC Thread if you like, depending on just how you plan to prepare: it doesn't make much difference as long as I get to see it. Besides justifying your new abilities (Through studying, practice, and/or acquiring new equipment), this would also be a good time to declare any particular items you want to have with you (If it were me, this would be things like rope, sharp implements, and the first aid kit, but that's just me). Things anybody really ought to be able to get with minimal effort, see. If you want something a little more exotic (For instance, ZamuelNow could tell you about the can of compressed cloud I asked for once) then ask first, please, but it's probably not an issue.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Yay! Level up! I'm getting a free upgrade to Out of a Hat to be able to summon doves, and I'll also get Sound Design and an Expert Skill in Might for Teddy. In combat, I'm taking Conjurer's Trick so I can summon Teddy immediately for free, basically.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:53 pm

Aaaah, that figures. Just when I thought I was done with character sheets for a while. I have another comment or two for Discord though, so...
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:28 am

Would I be allowed to change my feature while leveling up?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:32 am

@ Telebiscuit: Yeah, it happens. Don't worry, the trouble of fixing your sheet again is balanced by getting cool and new stuff.

@ Sunbeam and Everyone in General: Yes, if you want to re-work your character build - whether it's your feature, your Skill allotment, or Abilities, now would be a good time to do it. Be sure to let me know when you're done, and clue me in on the changes.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:47 am

Actually I was referring to the two character sheets I had to build this weekend. Such a chore.

And of course now I'm leveling up characters that don't really belong to me in a system I'm not familiar with. Gurk!

EDIT: also I have a question. Was it a thing I read somewhere that you could trade out Exalted points for Novice points? Because I have one left over that I can't use.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:25 am

1 exalted ability point = 2 novice ability points

2 legendary ability points = 3 exalted ability points.

I believe, however, that you cannot trade trait points. I'd have to check, though, and I'm not entirely sure why.
EDIT: Nevermind, the 2 legendary--> 3 Exalted trade still works just fine. There's just no novice tier, and you can't upsell trait points (you can't convert 6 exalted trait points into 2 legendary trait points).

CHANGELOG:
Character sheet for reference: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UyPkQ-I2_47xruCIYoLrfSjuzoMWxvfO3Xa664pE-04/edit#

-Added 2 Novice traits and 1 exalted trait:
Smoke Bomb (2 novice) – 3/Extended Rest
Concealment (2 novice) – 5/Extended Rest
Air Blast (1 exalted) – 2/Short Rest

The 'units' that are primarily in red are just noted for later levels, I don't actually have them yet.

Combat was completely overhauled. The changes are tabulated below, but I suggest you just look at the character sheet.

-Feature changed from energetic to Slayer.
-Special move changed from Jester's Tricks to Juggernaut's Jug
-Gained the trait (2 exalted) Quickdraw
-I think...exactly two basic powers remain from his old moveset, Conjure Guardian Spirit and Shield. As well as I can remember:
  -Demand Duel replaced with Quickdraw
  -Bulls-eye replaced with Rush for the Kill
  -Devouring Blade replaced with Elemental Tempest
  -One with the earth replaced with Berserker's wrath
  -Withering Blade replaced with Vampiric Blade

I think that covers everything.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:01 am

Ah, thought so, thanks. Ok, Well in that case I took:
Exalted Abilities:

Traits:
And I'm thinking of trading my last Exalted point for 2 Novice points and taking Create Water:
Spoiler:

Is there any general or specific objection to Water Drop learning how to magically make water? (Would be flavored as her learning Advanced Waterbending, so to speak, and being able to pull moisture from the air.)
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Weeeell, Copper Rose did manage to pull a cloud out of thin air on a Natural 20. It sounds like what you're talking about is just taking some time to learn how to do it again.

Incidentally: Don't forget that I want to see some IC pieces describing this sort of stuff. It can be in the main thread, or privatelyif you prefer, but I want to see the In-Character Excuse for new abilities.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Well that's what the lunch date everyone keeps trying to screw up was for. Perfectly simple just to talk with Wandering Eye, talk about the fight, exploring their abilities...

I guess now I'll have to do that along with entertaining everyone else too.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:04 am

((I'm going to stand back and watch for this one. You guys can have joint control over any NPCs you think would be there: in particular, Pinkie Pie and both Cakes are there. Twilight and Discord are not. Don't go overboard and let me know if you need anything.))

Uhhh....
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next