Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

+8
mjh6
Elacular
tygerburningbright
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Copper Rose
Xel Unknown
Crystalite
12 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 8 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  sunbeam Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:14 am

Oh, there was a very specific reason for mentioning fire in the same breath as poetry and song, believe me.

Crystalite wrote:Apple Bloom flops over,

Given I was pushing her bottom (like Twilight's living snow plow in Winter Wrap Up), I swear there's an exact clip of animation representing what she just did, but I don't know where to look.

I have a little bit of small talk I'd probably make on the train, but nothing really important.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 8 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:27 am

I can't think of anything, besides a little lunch date between Wandering Eye and the Twins.

Also, I believe Apple Bloom's mane is red, not pink.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:11 am

Dusk Raven wrote:I can't think of anything, besides a little lunch date between Wandering Eye and the Twins.

Also, I believe Apple Bloom's mane is red, not pink.

Eh. I looked and couldn't decide if it was more pink or red, but maybe my eyes are screwed up? Doesn't matter, I suppose.

Also, lunch date could probably be done between the two of you over Skype, in all likelihood. Just be sure to let me know if anything critical happens.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:52 pm

How long did the train ride take, exactly? The phrase "the next morning" implies they slept in the train, which I didn't think would happen - I just assumed it was a three-hour trip (ish).
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:How long did the train ride take, exactly? The phrase "the next morning" implies they slept in the train, which I didn't think would happen - I just assumed it was a three-hour trip (ish).

Nope. Overnight trip - I thought I had mentioned it, my bad.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Hmm... I need to figure out how much Wandering Eye knows about Lavender. Also, whether he has any reason to not just tell this stallion about her. Did Lavender ever let spill to him that she ran away?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Yeah, she hasn't had a chance to tell him that...

The best thing I can think of is that she referred to her creator as "Master" in his presence once. Not a lot to go on, all in all.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Lavender has not, as near as I can tell, mentioned that she's a runaway. It has been determined that she wasn't made the "normal way", and she has said the word "Master" at least once.

As far as the stallion's trustworthiness, Wanders does have access to a second opinion.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Eh, too late, Wandering has no reason to lie. What could possibly go wrong?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:23 pm

@Sunbeam: I'm fine with that usage of Airblast to do both effects at once (I can even see you doing it deliberately at some point.) However, I am going to give everyone else a little more time to post first before I give you the result.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:32 am

Here's the thing, Sunbeam... 100 gallons isn't really that much. (A bathtub uses about 50 gallons, to help get a sense of scale.)

However, I like the visual image you conjured in my mind, so here's what I will offer: IF you want to, you can create and spill the more appropriate amount (Around, oh, 5,000 for what you're thinking of. Or more.) Should you do so, you will be unable to use Create/Control water until you either A) take an extended rest, or B) take a short rest and beat a DC25 Endurance check. (Difficult normally, not impossible with your Heroic action.) Alternatively: edit your post appropriately.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:41 am

Here's where I get in trouble for using the milk jug approximation this haphazardly. 100 full milk jugs falling on you hurts, but that's not the weight, it's the solidness* of the full milk jug. 100 simultaneously upended milk jugs is much less threatening. Hm...

I like the idea of overkill, but I don't think Bubbling Spring is interested in pushing the limits of his abilities like that for something so simple. He's all for throwing power at a problem, but this is a little much for him. Eh, whatever. I'll edit slightly to show that there is some effort, but I'll go with the overload option.

*I think the proper term is elasticity...
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Sorry I've been kind of slow lately. I've been pretty tired, probaby from Christmas stuff, and my brain is a tad sluggish. Should be picking up soon.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:19 pm

And then nothing...

POOOOOOOOKE.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Yeah, my bad. Posted.

On a completely unrelated note: who has the Luggage of Chaos at the moment? I've lost track.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:15 pm

I was supposed to have it. I... didn't exactly mention it in my posts. Can we just assume I brought it with me?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Absolutely. Much better than letting it float around for anybody to find.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:37 pm

I don't have anything to add.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Alrighty then. I have edited my post appropriately.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:38 am

*nudge*
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:47 am

If you need me to show you the roll result, I still have it. Would have done it earlier, if I knew how to screenshot.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:07 am

I'll let it go this time... But show me a screencap on the next roll please.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Hmmm, I guess that means I should start rolling my dice online?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:55 pm

That would be ideal. I'm usually not too picky about results, but MJ has been rolling unusually well, and that raised an eyebrow.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:11 pm

I don't lie about this sort of thing, but I understand your concern.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next