Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

+4
Dr Blight
Sobana
sunbeam
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 Empty Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:09 am

*static crackle*

Located south of Horseshoe Bay is the city of Caballuston.  A sleepy little seaside town with few inhabitants but lingering history, the residents go about their average lives as great forces work below the surface.  For this is the city that houses the Equestrian Expedition Keep, a privately funded group that collaborates with museums and researchers throughout Equestria in need of talented individuals to brave the ruins of the ancients for discovery and science.

Of course, if only it was that simple.

Seeking out the strongest and smartest of our fair nation, the Keep secretly funds the organization known as the Specialized Team for Obtaining Museum Pieces. It's true goal is to find dangerous artifacts before they fall into the hands of evil.  Many unsavory villains would seek out such wonders to plunge the world into chaos for their own fiendish desires.  But never fear folks.  The heroes are ever ready to discover new wonders, buck the plans of villainy, and STOMP out evil!

Explorers of STOMP - Casting list:

Current XP:

Personal GM Quirks and General House Rules

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  sunbeam Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Fury, do you care to do anything before Grease arrives?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  Sobana Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm

So do I start now? Also, where do I start?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Not yet, but soon.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:28 pm

The prophecy... is not yet fulfilled...
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Is it possible to do two rolls for two different things in the same turn? Like if my character wants to throw a baseball but is not every good at it can she roll Precision check for aim and then a Brawn check for force?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 pm

It depends on the situation. Most of the time, assume the answer is "no".
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 pm

The most accurate answer is that it's up to the DM. Usually when you want to do something complicated, you tell the DM, and they tell you what skill check to roll, then you tell them your total roll, and they tell you what happens. Sometimes you can guess what skill you'll need, but that's the more general form. However, even if you don't know what skill you'll be using, you can generally speed the process up by just including a base roll in your original attempt, and then either you or the DM can figure out your skill check total as you go.

Generally, we try to keep things simple and confined to just one skill check. If I were DMing in your baseball scenario I would probably just have you roll once, and base your accuracy off the precision check and the pitch speed off the brawn check, just because it keeps things simple.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Thanks! Another question what does the little numbers next to the skills mean? Like the (2) after an ability and the [+3] before a combat talent?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:57 am

The (X) number after an ability's name is how many ability points you expend to take it. On a related note, as a level 4 character you get 36 ability points, but only 29 points worth of stuff appears to be on your character sheet. Enjoy your 7 extra points.

the [X] in front of a combat talent's name is it's energy cost. Whenever you use a combat talent, you add or subtract the number of energy listed in the cost from your energy total (obviously, you add if the ability is listed as a [+X] and subtract if the ability is listed as a [-X]), then you do whatever the combat talent says. You can't go below zero energy, so if you try to use, say, a [-7] ability when you have 4 energy, it's not going to work (you won't end up at -3 energy. On a related note, you start battles with 4 energy.

Zamuel, are we using your passive energy gain houserule now?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:25 pm

sunbeam wrote:Zamuel, are we using your passive energy gain houserule now?

Yes, but it's not active on the first turn.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:27 am

Wait, so how much energy do I get a turn?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:37 am

You gain one energy at the start of each turn except for your first turn.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:25 am

Just posting to show interest since I hear there might be an opening. I'm working on a character sheet so should hopefully have that soon.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:02 pm

sunbeam wrote:You gain one energy at the start of each turn except for your first turn.
Ok, cool. But, um, what does "3/day" mean for skills?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:17 pm

You can use the ability 3 times per day.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:04 am

Dr Blight wrote:Just posting to show interest since I hear there might be an opening. I'm working on a character sheet so should hopefully have that soon.

Well, unfortunately, Zamuel is kicking me out of the campaign. Not that I blame him, I did very little mostly because I'm not very experienced in role playing and wait for people to talk to me because i don't want to be that guy and interrupt something they are doing.

Amoung other things.

Hope the campaign goes well.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:07 am

Zamuel, I give you my word that I will do my best to interrupt everyone and to break every environment that I can! =D
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Dr Blight wrote:Just posting to show interest since I hear there might be an opening. I'm working on a character sheet so should hopefully have that soon.

Things may or may not be heating up so if you're interested you'll need to get your sheet in soon.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:42 am

I still need to get the character write-up and questionnaire done, but all the mechanical stuff is already done so I'll just post it up now and finish it up tomorrow after work. You can probably get an idea of what I'm going for based on just just the picture and what's already there.

As such, Meet Ruby Blossom and Trotson the Crystal Pony and Tiny Ewe respectively!
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:49 am

Oh, a companion character.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:51 am

Trotsons' contributions will be pretty much limited to variations of "Baaaa~" but yes.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:09 am

wait... 4000 harmony means we're level 5 right?

Sorry for the double post
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:00 am

Level 4.

Level 1 starts at 1000
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:36 am

Gotcha, all fully done and updated so lemme know if there's anything more.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next