Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

+4
Dr Blight
Sobana
sunbeam
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  Crystalite Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Done, as well as a slight edit to my last post (I decided I didn't like the "Checkmate" there.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 6 Empty Noir's initiative

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:23 am

-Spellbook is wasted points since I allow all eight talents.
-You'll have to add your eighth after battle ends.
-You didn't get your energy from Greater Reloader.
-Do you have a normal link? Whatever that published version is, it's formatted annoying on normal computers.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 6 Empty Noir's initiative

Post  GafferBot Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:23 am

The member 'ZamuelNow' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 7
GafferBot
GafferBot
The game is out to get you, not me

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  Crystalite Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:57 am

ZamuelNow wrote:-Spellbook is wasted points since I allow all eight talents.
-You'll have to add your eighth after battle ends.
-You didn't get your energy from Greater Reloader.
-Do you have a normal link?  Whatever that published version is, it's formatted annoying on normal computers.

1) Not a big deal; I'll fix when we finish.

2) Again, not a big deal.

3) Fixed.

4) Try this one.

Also... That is a sick, twisted opener. I love it.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:46 am

Did my spell not cast or something? Because I casted it before entering battle. Was it cancelled by entering battle? Do I have to roll initiative first for it to cast? Did I break the game? What should I do?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:45 am

Crystalite wrote:
4) Try this one.

Permissions.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:10 pm

...Odd. It says anyone with the link should be able to view it...

Hmm. Well, for now I can copy-paste my build here.

Combat Build:

EDIT: Edited my last post, on account of not realizing Grease had initiative bonuses.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Sobana wrote:Did my spell not cast or something? Because I casted it before entering battle. Was it cancelled by entering battle? Do I have to roll initiative first for it to cast? Did I break the game? What should I do?

Sorry about that. Forgot to add it due to delay and running multiple campaigns. It's in an odd place since with what you rolled has limited effect on who you're dealing with though the effect has the capacity to be useful in nearly any other situation. It's got me contemplating restructuring the table a bit. I'll add the roll effect into a post and then you can react from there.

Crystalite wrote:...Odd. It says anyone with the link should be able to view it...

I can see it now so I'll add it to the first post.

Crystalite wrote:Also... That is a sick, twisted opener. I love it.

I'm predicting that my mental image has far less blood than your's. Of course, a radio story would excel in how well it triggers imaginations.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Oh, I just meant from a mechanical perspective. I'm very relieved I made the saving throw...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:03 pm

Nah, the table works perfectly. It is chaos, it is not suppose to be useful or predictable. I was kinda hoping it would heal her by mistake, lol.

Time to start my first battle!~
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:35 pm

@ Sobana: ...Not quite. You get one Standard Action (Attack or Utility) per turn. You also get a Minor action (Again, Attack or Utility, but not both). There's alsonReactions and Interrupts that you use whenever something specific happens, and a handful of Free actions you can use whenever you want if you can meet the costs.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Adding onto this, ongoing damage is always calculated at the start of your turn while the saving throw to remove it is at the end.

HP maxes out at 50 though you can have HP and temp HP at the same time.

Which of the two Standard actions do you want to do this turn?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:41 am

The one where I switch the ability back to the other pony. Please and thank you.

Makes me wonder why they are labelled utility and attack then. Are those other things people are doing during their turns like a passive ability?

Does it cost energy to use free abilities during a combat turn?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:51 am

Utility and attack are basically sorting keywords. Things that use phrases like "someone targets you with an attack" don't apply to the use of utilities, the Blind condition only comes into play when you use an attack, etc.

Whenever you use an ability, you pay (or gain) the energy cost in the brackets. The type of action (standard, minor, reaction/interrupt, or free) simply determines how many times per turn you can use the ability:
1 standard action per turn (usable only on your turn)
1 minor action per turn (usable only on your turn)
infinite free actions per turn (as long as you can keep paying for them, usable only on your turn)
infinite reactions/interrupts per turn (as long as you can keep paying for them, usable any time the situation matches the listed "trigger" requirements.

Also, you should probably edit your post, so there's no confusion about what you did if we need to check the previous action later in the battle.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:30 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Adding onto this, ongoing damage is always calculated at the start of your turn while the saving throw to remove it is at the end.

HP maxes out at 50 though you can have HP and temp HP at the same time.

Which of the two Standard actions do you want to do this turn?

So I should be at 46, rather than 26?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:30 pm

So quick question. Is Ruby allowed to have mundane items on her person? Such as a makeup kit or a marker or magnifying glass?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:26 pm

I usually prefer such things be declared before the characters head out but otherwise yes, I do allow mundane items.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Can I declare those kinds of things now? I hadn't honestly thought about it before. And I have a suspicion I'd like to test but it requires Ruby to have some way to leave a mark behind.

Oh also, are these hallways the same length btw?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Corridors are the same length.
The two things you declared are perfectly fine.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:34 am

So what's my actual health? It's not on my character sheet...

Did I gain that temp health before or after I took that damage?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:17 am

Your starting health is 50. You gained the temp hp before you took damage, because:

-my turn comes before yours.
-Ongoing damage occurs at the start of your turn.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:37 am

Alright, so that is the order for the rest of the battle then?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:46 pm

Yes, Grease, Hector, Nightshade, Noir is the order.

Crystalite wrote:[–7] Mask of Thundering Death (Shatter Armor)- Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature and that creature suffers that much vulnerability until the end of your next turn.

...Why did I highlight "that much"? Because, by my interpretation of "that much", this includes damage bonuses.

Such as Berserker's Rage.

Erm, no. I need to find the dev post but the vuln isn't affected by damage buffs since other similar effects like heal aren't boosted by it either.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Alternatively, you could just say "No Crystalite, the game's broken enough without Vulnerability 17, thank you." I'm okay with it being merely Vulnerability 9.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:17 pm

I probably was anyway since there are official rulings I disagree with (and that was kinda nuts).  However, I still wanted to find it for future reference and managed to find it.  In the Combat Talents doc, it's the footer for Brilliant Flare. So it's just vuln 9. Also, been noting Noir's damage before any vuln/resist on players.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next