Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

+4
Dr Blight
Sobana
sunbeam
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:48 pm

We have that basic attack that deals 1d6 damage, right?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Yes.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Cool. For Sobana's reference:
All players have access to the following combat talent as a freebie:
[0] Basic Blow - Standard Attack
Deal 1d6 damage to target creature.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Sobana wrote:Once in her possession she places the horn on the ground and does an angry horsy stomp on it.

The basic attack is now called "Angry Horsey Stomp". I refuse to call it anything else.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Spiral? Huh well that's interesting... glad to see things having changed up.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Relative to the room, where are we btw? In a corner or towards the center of a wall?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:24 pm

Center of a wall on the South side.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:35 pm

Say, Crystalite, have you been keeping track of the buffs I've been giving you? I gave you 5 temp HP last turn, and the turn before that I gave you regen 3 and +3 damage for two turns.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:53 pm

...I have not.

This is yet another reason I don't care for this system's combat in PbP.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:06 pm

I think it's easier to keep track of, since you can go back and check without actually slowing things down. Nobody notices a 15-minute delay in your post.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's hard on it's own barring individual mechanics.  Just make sure to check ally posts.  I do wonder if some sort of universal notation might make such things easier.  That said, I did try to calculate the bonus damage since I had to check Noir's vulnerability.

Dr Blight wrote:Ruby retreats what she feels is a safe distance into the hallway from the impact zone and keeps her eyes on the bright object to see if it does anything unusual.
ZamuelNow wrote:Upon making the next left turn, the corridor pulled them all forward then sealed the opening behind them.

Hope you didn't think things would be that easy. Razz
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 pm

I figured back wasn't an option from that so I meant left or right, just kinda assuming the invisible walls make a hallway.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:49 pm

What I'm saying is that you can't get into the hallway. Or am I misinterpreting your wording?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:54 pm

I think so?

Ruby isn't retreating out of the room into the hallway they were in before, she's retreating further into the room following the wall the Major found, either to the right or left depending on if she bumps into a wall in one direction..

Like I said, I assume the invisible wall Major Delight bumped into forms a spiral hallway of some sort.

oh btw. Is Major Delight actually his(her? I forgot) full name or is the Major part a title as in Lt. or Col.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Dr Blight wrote:oh btw. Is Major Delight actually his(her? I forgot) full name or is the Major part a title as in Lt. or Col.

That would be an IC question. But "he" is correct.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 am

Alright, what does my d8 crit do again?

Also, does my passive ability Surefire Hex work if I use Benediction of Maladies?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:12 am

Sobana wrote:Alright, what does my d8 crit do again?

"Target enemy is weakened (save ends)." Weaken causes the target to do less damage. Doesn't apply to ongoing damage but does for direct hits.

Also, does my passive ability Surefire Hex work if I use Benediction of Maladies?

Technically, it does. However, she's been failing on purpose anyway.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:49 am

If I use my D8 crit does that count as my 1 attack/utility for the turn?

What does Daze do in regards to my turn? I mean how does it effect me?

I can only imagine she is failing on purpose because she isn't the real one.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:24 am

Or because she eats ongoing damage and it heals her. But I'm really hoping that's not the case. It seems a bit vicious to throw that at you in your first combat.

Your D8 crit happens all on it's own, automatically, at no cost. Note how my crit just sort of happened, and didn't cost anything or do anything outside the listed effect (it just so happens that my crit's effect is activating your crit). You can take your other actions as well.

However, Daze limits you to 1 action per round, and you an only take actions on your turn. This means that this turn you get either 1 standard action or 1 minor action, and you can't use any reactions or interrupts. So in addition to activating your crit, you basically get to do 1 other thing this round.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 am

sunbeam wrote:Or because she eats ongoing damage and it heals her. But I'm really hoping that's not the case. It seems a bit vicious to throw that at you in your first combat.

No no no. I thought it was semi obvious that she can pass saves on herself to others. She's opting not to save against the one that's building up so she can hit someone else with it. She's still taking the damage so there is a risk. Similarly she's a target if you have one of the attacks that does more damage to enemies suffering a save ends effect.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:00 am

ZamuelNow wrote: Similarly she's a target if you have one of the attacks that does more damage to enemies suffering a save ends effect.

*Looks expectantly at Sobana*
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:38 am

ZamuelNow wrote:
sunbeam wrote:Or because she eats ongoing damage and it heals her. But I'm really hoping that's not the case. It seems a bit vicious to throw that at you in your first combat.

No no no. I thought it was semi obvious that she can pass saves on herself to others. She's opting not to save against the one that's building up so she can hit someone else with it. She's still taking the damage so there is a risk. Similarly she's a target if you have one of the attacks that does more damage to enemies suffering a save ends effect.
Geez, spoilers. She hasn't done anything like that up until now so how were we suppose to know? Now I have to change my entire plan... *fluttersad.jpg*

sunbeam wrote:
ZamuelNow wrote: Similarly she's a target if you have one of the attacks that does more damage to enemies suffering a save ends effect.

I got things that trigger if the enemy has a saving ends but nothing that increases damage to things with saving ends. Sorry, your looking at the wrong build.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:53 am

Sobana wrote:
ZamuelNow wrote:

No no no.  I thought it was semi obvious that she can pass saves on herself to others.  She's opting not to save against the one that's building up so she can hit someone else with it.  She's still taking the damage so there is a risk.  Similarly she's a target if you have one of the attacks that does more damage to enemies suffering a save ends effect.
Geez, spoilers. She hasn't done anything like that up until now so how were we suppose to know? Now I have to change my entire plan... *fluttersad.jpg*

sunbeam wrote:

I got things that trigger if the enemy has a saving ends but nothing that increases damage to things with saving ends. Sorry, your looking at the wrong build.

...She has, actually. Remember when you transferred the aura of expedient decay onto her at the start of the fight? She just gave it back.

Also, you totally do have an attack like that. It's a [+1] move called noxious mixture.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:52 am

Yeah, but that ability requires my target to have a saving end on it for it's special effect. She just removed her's so I have to apply another one before I can use it. Besides I wouldn't say that was an ability that increases damage with saving ends it only triggers a different effect by them. I guess it potentially could do up to four additional damage. But my abilities require me to stack a bunch of saving ends on my target like combo points. An opponent that can knock them off at will is a challenge for my build because it takes me longer to build up enough momentum to do any real damage.

After some thought I think I realize what is the problem. It's the the build Zam gave me. It's just to much fun. I'm greedy by nature and I have an ability that does up to 16 damage per saving end on my target so I'm just to tempted to try to get like five stacks before detonating them.

Wait, can I even stack DoT saving ends on my target? That might be a game changer...

Also, how many times can I use a free ability in a turn? Once or until I run out of energy?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:53 am

Sobana wrote:Wait, can I even stack DoT saving ends on my target? That might be a game changer...

DoT effects don't stack. The strongest effect will override the weakest effect. However, Nightshade has a variety of effects due to Haunting Melody.

Also, how many times can I use a free ability in a turn? Once or until I run out of energy?

Until you run out of energy.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next