Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fractures

5 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Silent Fractures Empty Silent Fractures

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:12 pm

It was mid-morning as the Equestrian Express chugged along its tracks. Its passengers calmly awaiting their arrival at the Van Hoover station. However, four passengers two earth ponies, a unicorn, and a Minotaur were not traveling to the city. No these four had volunteered for a very dangerous venture. It had been about a week since Discord sent those letters of acceptance and a cart load of study and reference material. Just as they “finished” reading all the books, another letter was sent saying that the Princes Celestia, Princes Luna, and Discord would be meeting them at Galloping Gorge today.

As the four of them sat quietly in the front most car, it became blatantly obvious that none of them had any real clue of what they had gotten themselves into. The books Discord had sent seemed more like stories one heard by fireside, not accurate historical documentation. None the less, and for their own reasons, they decided to come.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Silent Fractures Empty Re: Silent Fractures

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:31 pm

On the surface, Bleeding Heart looked calm and bored- just another wistful day of darkness. But underneath her heart was racing in anticipation and apprehension. She knew what she signed up for- sort of, a little- and why. To those around her it would make perfect sense, but to her it was still nerve-wracking. She had lied to herself to come here. But it was too late, she was here.

She casually glanced around at the others in the train car. The minotaur seemed a little out of place, as they tended to do around ponies. The other two were Earth Ponies. Enough said. She looked back out the window, dreading the moment when one of them would begin making introductions.

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Spoiler:

An orange-red coat between a two-toned green mane. An unattractive coloration, at least in this era (though green hair was rarely popular in Equestrian history, if she recalled correctly).

The mare they belonged to was paying attention to the other passengers on-board, seemingly absorbed in the book she was reading.
The key word in that sentence was seemingly.

Oh, the Reini was reading it...but she was also cataloging her fellow carriage occupants. They were almost as mixed a group as the draconequis, which made a sort of sense- variation often led to success.
Well, so long as they had the sense not to do anything foolish...which was unfortunate.

One thing she had learned during exile was that the ponies of this time period were unfortunately prone to heroic stupidity.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:44 pm

(Wormwood's also an Earth Pony...)

Wormwood was acutely aware of the other passengers scouting him out, and he didn't like it. It was boring holes in his very being, having others look at him. He was trying his best to be invisible, but it was rather difficult on a train car. In different circumstances, he might have been able to simply fade away from others perception, escaping notice with a strange ease. It was a gift he had, the gift of not being noticed, but it served him little now.

Returning the favor, he glanced around. There was a minotaur, a strange earth pony mare, and a pretty unicorn with a dark air about her. His gaze lingered slightly on the last one.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Cold Iron came here for one reason, because the idea of going on a royal task seemed like it'd be fun. He's sometimes been lucky enough to take some missions by some random Noble that needed the skills of the Ninja For Hire, but never had he taken a job by the Royal Sisters themselves. Hell the fact that it seemed Discord was involved too seemed really bucking sweet in Cold's opinion. But when he looked at the three ponies he was in a train car with... He sized up, trying to guess what details of each of their skillsets he could figure out by just looking at them. But at noticing that none of the rest of the group seemed to be wanting to start a little smallchat while they traveled. Cold Iron took it upon himself to be that person... And he figured playing his favorite game of "Guess the Special Talent" would be a perfect starting topic. Was such a fun game and all the more so if you get to learn a good deal of the Pony's real skillset from their responses to your guess. "Mmm... Let me guess... You're a pony skilled with nature, your some type of young nurse, and err... You be a scientist who err... Mmm... Works a lot with time?" Cold guessed of the special talents of Wormwood, Bleeding Heart, & The Reini respectively.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Heart sighed melodramatically. "I'm not a nurse. Just because its my special talent, this thing doesn't define me."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:57 pm

"That's a good mindset to have about those Cutie Marks in my opinion..." Cold Iron comments with a hidden smile in his big stereotypical ninja garb. "As a member of a race that doesn't have those things, don't get why many ponies let cutie marks define who they are... Oh sure sometimes their name and cutie mark fit eachother so well that it might as well define them... But still no reason why it should."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:12 pm

"That's-" Wormwood began to speak up, then hesitated slightly, then realized he may as well finish. "That's pretty accurate. About my Cutie Mark, I mean. I do kind of work with nature... and that's a good point, about not letting a mark define somepony..."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:20 pm

"Yeah, well... I mean, It's not like I won't do it. I just don't want to."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Cold noticed the Possible Scientist Pony didn't answer his question... But figured it'd be best to just keep the chat going as is until that mare felt like joining the conversation herself. "So then... We got a Nature Love & some Possible Future Nurse I take it? Wonder what else you two have in terms of skills..." The Ninja Dressed minotaur said to himself sounding quite bemused. "Neat... Wonder whatever this mission could be to use the skills of a smart pony who knows nature, a novice healer, and your basic run of the mill ninja..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:52 am

The rear door opens and a grey pony with a curly yellow mane pushes a cart full of food down the isle. "Anything from the trolly" he asks in a singsong voice.

Last edited by Loud Taffy on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:14 am

The Minotaur looks over the trolley to see if there was by chance a small cup of like potato fries or chicken nuggets... Or some type of vegan substitute that'd taste the same to him... He loved to eat meat, no matter all the odd looks ponies gave him for it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:48 am

"Earplugs."

The Reini didn't bother looking up from her book; it was the same one Discord had volunteered. She had read it already, of course, but that didn't mean there wasn't something in it she had missed. And frankly, fairy tales and ghost stories still ranked as being less inane than the conversation going on around her.

She turned a page with a hoof delicately.
"If the three of you insist on talking, make it about something relevant, or at least mildly interesting. The white noise of this conversation is bothering me."

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:56 am

"Well then if the topics we're talking about bore or annoy you... How about you be the one to talk about yourself to us? I mean, we four are clearly going to be a group of allies on this task we've all have signed up to do... You know? Therefore logically we'd do best the better we all know eachother's skillsets would we not?" Cold Iron suggested as he made a shot in the dark, to the Darkhearted Scientist's true attitude & outlook here. "My name is Cold Iron by the way... While I'm sure this is a meaningless term I'd hazard to guess in your mind at first glance, but recall most people follow orders better if names are used and not titles or species names & sex's. I mean you strike me as the type to want to be smart and blame your teammates for being stupid... Even if you're to blame for the error..." Then he mutters under his breath trying to hide it from everyone other than The Reini. "You're not the first Sociopath I've ever had to deal with Miss... Trust me... Trying to act like you give a dam about our lives, helps us to go and spend ours while trying to protect yours..."

(OOC: Don't worry, I know how to handle meanies and try to help them see WHY it's in their best interest to try and act social... Hell having IC reasonings for not wanting to be apart of the group at this point, IS A GOOD THING! Gives your fellow players time to try and figure out ways to befriend your character. Which I think you'll really enjoy what I got planned to help try and convince The Reini to be a team player... For example... Offering the leadership role with no strings attached outside of the chains of commanding. XD )
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Taken aback by the sudden passive aggressiveness of the conversation the earth pony hesitate for a moment. But then he noticed the Minotaur eying the cart. "Boss man said we might have a mini tar on this trip. Here I got somethin special for ya." He produces a box of assorted berries, a fish wrap, some rice balls, and a packaged salad with raisins seeds cheese and vinegaret dressing. "Go ahead take your pick."
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:21 pm

"OH BUCK YES!!!" The minotaur said as he dived into the riceballs first and foremost.... Having fully forgotten his own plans he had in trying to gline information and junk out of the social loner of their group... BUT RICEBALLS COME FIRST!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:10 pm

"Well in that case, we're runnin a two for one bit special. Anypony else want some?"
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Heart jumps when the minotaur yells, then gives him a dead look and sighs. With a scoff, she gets up and walks past the trolley pony. "Where's the damn bathroom? I can't take much more of them."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:47 pm

"I'm sorry miss, but there are no facilities on this train. We will be stoping at Galloping Gorge very soon, if you can please hold on till then. "  
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Heart stops, now irritated. "Fine." She growls turning to look at him. "Then I'd also like some earplugs."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:01 pm

The Reini glances at the trolley driver, before looking at the Minotaur. "It's reassuring to see your ability to control yourself is as finely honed as your psychological insight," the pony commented.

Last edited by TheCavalry on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:12 pm

"Here you go," he passes out the ear plugs. "On the house for first car riders. Being so close to the engine and all. Is there anything else you need before I leave?"

Last edited by Loud Taffy on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Heart pops in the earplugs and takes a seat, resuming her vigil of the outside world passing by the window.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Well, there went Wormwood's chance to talk to the young mare. He sighed. It was looking like most of his companions were as insular as he was, which wasn't going to be good if they were going to be working together. He hoped they'd open up with time...

In the meantime, he glanced at the trolley driver and the minotaur. "I think I'm good. Thanks, though."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:13 pm

"Well then I'll be on my way. We will be arriving at Galloping Gorge in about ten minutes. Please enjoy the rest of your trip." With that he pushed his cart out the back door and left.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next