Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fractures

5 posters

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

Silent Fractures - Page 3 Empty Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Cold Iron puts on a that came form his Left Sleeve... This mask was a very simple with a blank and emotionless expression on it. "Always prefer to trust the word of a untrustworthy yet well known ally... Then a trustful sounding, yet possible enemy..." Cold Iron comments without any emotion in his voice but with total cold hard logic. Clearly this Minotaur was the type to always trust the word of his allies over anyone else no matter how they truly are worthy of that trust. Also this logical tone seemed to imply oddly that he didn't think this was how things were at this point of time, but more the reality that he would deter to if need be. "So I thank you greatly for giving your word that the changelings are not a threat at this point of time... Reini... Er... By the way, does this title mean anything else beside being a title for which to call you by?"

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:42 pm

The Reini stopped to cock her head at the change in the minotaurs voice. For a second, her lips pursed together in curiosity... the next, that flat, almost mocking expression had returned.

"The Reini," she corrected. "It's a custom to take a title upon graduation. As for what it means... R-e-i-n-i. Drop the 'I'. Where did you think the word 'reins' came from?"

Honestly, she was probably overstepping her mark slightly. She ignored that, straightening herself a little while trying to look down at the taller-than-her Minotaur.
"The Reini. Someone who guides and directs."

Last edited by TheCavalry on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:21 pm

"Graduation from what, Alpha Nerd academy?" As stupid as the joke was, there wasn't any mirth, joy, or even sarcastic delight in it. This mare was already so pretentious and full of herself. "Ok, 'The', if you're the guide, where in the Blackness are we even going? I'm already sick of walking."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:32 pm

"Someone who guides and directs, great elements to have in a our small group's leader..." The Minotaur said honestly still with no tone of emotion at all in his voice. "I'll be sure to make strives in recalling to call you The Reini, to be making with as much respect as can be given."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:53 pm

The difference between her 'teammates' attitudes was stark, almost as much as the Reini's reaction.

"Not that sort of guidance. Language," she murmured distaste fully. [color=#ff6633]"Such an unclear construct, particularly with subtlety is involved... And you," she added, louder, looking at Cold Iron.

"I'd call that sycophancy, coming from anyone else. How true it is is irrelevant."
She frowned a little. Yes, anyone else and she'd think they were kissing her horseshoes- after his words on the train, maybe Cold Iron was doing that. But the flat inflection in his voice said something otherwise.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:05 pm

"I'll use whichever language I damn well please, 'the Mom'."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:22 pm

"Please do NOT insult me like that... I'm wearing my Logic-Mask. Therefore all emotions of mine are dulled." Cold Iron states as if that explained everything. "Besides, flank-kissing is a pointless gesture, in my opinion. And only works to harm the team in the long run. I only view you, The Reini, as a pony that is smarter than I, and I feel you are better suited for leadership then I could be... In spite of my experience... I have good reasons to avoid such a role for myself, The Reini, I swear this. But these reasons are privet, so I do not wish to share them. That is all I will say on the subject."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Wormwood looked back and forth between his companions, the difference in attitudes not lost on him. He didn't like where this conversation was going... as if that was new. Alas, he didn't have the social skills to steer it elsewhere. "I'm... uh... neutral?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Unknown to the four walking through the woods the black cloud hovered next to a group of tents on the edge of the gorge.

72 paused for a moment with a blank stare, then continued walking. Over his shoulder he said ,"the hive has arrived at camp. We should pick up the pace."
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:43 pm

"How does this Hive arriving at camp be a thing of note? What dangers does this imply are at work?" Cold Iron asked.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Heart's attention is torn away from the other mare. "Hive? Like the whole hive?" Heart's stomach knotted up again. "I thought there'd only be like... one of you."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:23 am

Wormwood frowned slightly. It was one thing to encounter a single changeling, another to encounter an entire hive. It made him a tad... nervous. "Will your queen be there?" He hoped his royal etiquette was up to scratch...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:36 am

"Yes my Queen well be there. She has to meet with the Princesses, Discord, and you of course." 72 chuckled. Suddenly he stopes dead. "Be quiet all of you, something is here. Get behind those bushes. I'll go see what it is".then he mumbled to himself, "can't let the heroes get hurt before they even start."
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:39 am

Cold Iron sighs and gets to hinding.

skill checks:

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:01 am

Wormwood's ears pricked up, trying to pay attention and find out whatever it was that had the changeling so concerned. He meanwhile darted towards a nearby bush indicated by the changeling, trying his best to remain unnoticeable.

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:11 am

Heart looks around wildly, looking for whatever it was that was there. Meanwhile, her horn begins to glow as she backpedals into the nearest bush.

Perception: 14+3= 17
Stealth: Nat1+6=7-20= -13
Prepping Forcefield, 1 min.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:04 pm

72's words -especially his muttered comment- made sense. Getting injured here would be a...sub-optimal way to begin things. Besides, the Reini was a scientist, not a Soldier like the changeling; combat was what he was bred for. She was meant for thinking.

She thought that it would be best to follow the advice and rushed to cover.

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:48 pm

With everyone hidden successfully, 72 focuses on the bush in front of him. A pained moaning can be heard. A pony sticks it's head out of the bush and shuffles forward. 72 stands his ground as more of the pony becomes visible. Slowly shuffling on three legs, the fourth a shriveled stump, the pony tried to lung at 72, mouth wide and moaning painfully. 72 flicks out his right wing, catching the pony in the neck. As the severed head roles to the side, the body falls to the ground. The pony then begins to char and smolder like a single piece of parchment that's not quite on fire. This continues across it's whole body, even the head until it's completely gone.
72 shakes his head, "gone, like it was never there at all." He looks toward the four hiding in the bushes, "it's ok to come out now."
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:08 pm

"Fascinating!"

The Reini leaped back out of hiding, suddenly seeming to zone out the rest of the group. She approached the ground the creature had died at; no corpse -a shame; that meant no autopsy- and only the harest traces of remains. She pawed at the dirt, gathering a small pile and dumping it into her pocket for later examination.

She glanced at the flat ground the pony had hobbled across, and frowned. There was nothing, no trace of subject zero's presence. The Reini frowned.
"Strange," she murmured, looking at 72. " Hmm... how often have these creatures been appearing?"

Last edited by TheCavalry on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:25 pm

"You call that fascin- okay, maybe it is a little fascinating." Wormwood had more useful things to ask, directed at the Changeling. "So... what was that? And can we expect more like it?" He tried to remember if the "briefing" had mentioned anything like this...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:17 pm

"To be honest, I have no idea what that was. But they have been increasing in number for the last few days. We had better move on though, don't want to run into any more." 72 began walking "Come one we're almost there."
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:31 pm

Heart watched the shambling thing come out of the bush. She watched it lunge. She watched the Changeling decapitate it. And she watched it burn into nothing. And then she stood in horror, turned, ducked behind a tree, and vomited. Luckily, she had just used the bathroom, so that's all she did, that and tremble. Shakily, she crawls out of the brush and joins the others, staring open mouthed at the place it had been, as the others investigate. She tries to speak twice, but doesn't manage anything.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Wormwood's ears rotated at the sound of retching, and he glanced over at Bleeding Heart, before remembering her words from earlier and turning back to face 72, not wanting to seem as though he was stalking her. He spent most of the time in which she caught up with the group wondering whether she'd appreciate him asking if she was okay. It was probably the first time she'd seen anything die. As for Wormwood, he'd seen animals die, but not like this... he was a little shaken, but it'd all happened too quickly for him to be too terrified.

Still... he couldn't shake the image of that pony-like thing...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:57 pm

Cold Iron just keeps quiet and keeps a moving.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:16 pm

"How frequent have they been appearing," the Reini asked, trotting after 72.

"Has their presence been increasing at a steady rate, or is it exponential? Over how large an area have the appearances been spread? Do they materialise all at once, or stagger through the woods one at a time? Do you have patrols condoning the area, or is there a chance they have escaped into the greater Equestrian area? Data, data, data," she added in insistent murmur. "I need more information."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next