Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

+4
sunbeam
Elacular
Dusk Raven
Crystalite
8 posters

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:18 pm

"Just take it. If it works like it has been, then we'll be magically transported to it once we're more than 30 ft away from it."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:39 pm

"Understood." He gripped the suitcase in his telekinesis and set it near him. "Oh, before I forget..." He brought out a bag of bits from his saddlebags and placed it between the pair. "For your trouble." He then began to walk away, carrying the suitcase. "Time to test this out..."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Water Drop looks at the bits, then picks them up after Glowing Soft nudges her a bit. Glowing Soft watches Wanderlust, counting out the feet as we walks away.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Wandering Eye continues walking as the twins count the feet. 10 feet... 20 feet... 25... 30!

Wander can suddenly feel a strange sensation of space twisting around.... And, without quite having turned around or changed direction, finds himself in front of and facing the twins.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'." Jack can hear an odd snap sound, and the trio vanished from the streets.

They reappear someplace (apparently, judging by the temperature) underground. What Bubbling Springs sees is a work of Chaos.

No two adjacent surfaces seem to be the same color. He can distinguish no pattern in how they're aligned; and yet, he can still make out where things are in a general sense. They appear to be in some sort of hallway; a variety of doors lead to things like "Escher Staircase", "Little Prince", "Endless Skies", and other places bizzare, if the signs are to be believed.

"Ta-da! It's an art gallery!" Discord announces, holding his arms out to gesture at the hallway. "My art gallery. See, I figured it out! Nobody appreciates my chaos because I've been trying to force it on them all this time! This way, ponies can come experience my wonders of their own volition; allowing them to move past the bias and think more openly! I even have plans for a request room. But right now what I really need is a trial run; which we've just started!" he explained, stopping to don an artist's cap. "Why, I've already noticed one problem, one way to expand. So much of my work relies on sight and sense of space; why am I limiting myself to that!?" He gestured towards an apparently unused room. "Why, I already planned on making an orchestra room. Why not make some more chaotic sounds, as well? And smells and textures and...." At this point, his words start to become unintelligable as he rambles on, practically working into a creative frenzy.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:34 pm

(With, I presume, the suitcase?)

"Well," Wandering Eye said, "That was unexpected. Well, expected, but I didn't think I'd be the one to move. It seems we have a new dilemma."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Jack arched an eyebrow and sniffed at the room. He made a loud clicking sound in the back of his mouth, nodding to himself a second or two later. After that he "counted" softly to get a feel for the ground. "Personally, I've never much liked teleporting. Jangles your bones and screws with my head. Hey Springs, stay by me, will you?"

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:45 pm

"What?" "That is decidedly not how it worked before. If I interpret that correctly, you are now connected to us."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 pm

"Curious." Wandering Eye stops and thinks for a moment. It was nothing personal, but he had no desire to be stuck to a couple of ponies like this... "Well, there's several ways we could go about testing this. It's possible that it's still bound to you, but my own motion along with carrying the suitcase caused me to be transported with it. Let me leave the suitcase here and see if I'm affected by it." With that, he sets the suitcase down and begins to walk away once more, acutely aware of how odd this must seem to onlookers.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Wandering Eye makes another attempt at leaving. Once again, at the 30 foot mark, he can feel space contorting... And once again finds the Twins in front of him. Only now, rather than returning to them, it seems they have been moved in front of him.

True enough, a small, red coated unicorn filly looks on with an expression of utter confusion. Everyone else, however, seems to be too caught up in their own duties to pay them any mind.

Discord pauses his tirade long enough to show some concern. "Oh! I'm sorry, almost forgot about you there. Anything I can do to help? Things might get more confusing than normal."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Jack gave a confused snort and shook his head. "That's very nice of you, but as long as I can hear and smell I should be okay. Ah...could you maybe not separate me from my charge though? Safety precautions and such." It's clear that he's more nervous than he wants to admit.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:30 pm

"...oh. Well then." "I have an idea." Water Drop and Glowing Soft then start walking away, seeing what happens.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:34 pm

"Ah, I was going to suggest such a thing myself." Wandering Eye smiled.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 pm

You'd think they'd have learned by now. But once again, Water Drop andmGlowing Soft attempt to leave the heavy suitcase behind forever...

...Only to learn that "forever" isn't really all that long upon returning to it.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:02 am

"I think I've figured it out. It must be a triangle." "The suitcase is a rectangle, not a triangle. What's gotten into your head?" "You apparently teleport back to us, and we teleport to the suitcase. But then...." Glowing Soft walks about 20 ft away from Wandering Eye. pulling Water Drop with her, then telekinetically grabs the suitcase and flings it away from the three of them, where nopony will get hurt by it (hopefully).
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 am

"You're seeing what happens if the suitcase is away from us both," Wandering Eye said, smiling. "Way ahead of me."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:12 am

As the suitcase flies away, you all feel a horrible tumbling sensation, losing your feet (and perhaps your lunch) before smacking into a wall...

((Take your pick: Endurance 10 or Reflex 15. Copper, make two rolls please, one for WD and one for GS.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:18 am

"Welp," Wandering Eye says, as he hits the wall upside-down and slides down it, landing headfirst on the ground. "Ow." He gathers up his glasses, mercifully unbroken, and rights himself. He was going to figure this out, blast it. He'd solved trickier puzzles than this before...

Rollz:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:41 am

Both slam head-first into the wall, but Glowing Soft has the pleasure of getting her horn stuck in the wall. "Ow."
Rolls:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:21 am

The trio manages to get back to their feet unharmed; save for the fact that, being horn-stuck, Glowing Soft is now unable to escape the wall as well as the suitcase. ((That's what you get for giving me ideas...))

Meanwhile, the red filly continues trying to comprehend what the buck you're doing, and also looks like she's trying not to giggle...

((Dusk, try and grab me on Skype? Either before 9:30 or after 6, your time.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:45 am

Glowing Soft starts trying to pull herself free of the wall, Water Drop pulling on her as well.
Might, I guess?:
"Erk..." "A little help here, please?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 am

"Oh... oh my," Wandering Eye says, looking at Glowing Soft. "Do you need a hoof with that?" It wasn't proper to touch a mare without asking permission, of course.

EDIT: Upon permission being granted, he moved forward to grip Glowing Soft in a non-suggestive manner, and pulled hard.

Might Check:

Meanwhile, his gaze wandered to the red filly. He ponders for a moment, wondering if she might be of aid. Upon further reflection, he decides against it, and turns back to the twins. "There's something we haven't tried yet," he says.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:58 am

"To get my sister out of the wall?" "No, to figure out the properties of the suitcase." "That's not helpful right now, is it?" "Depends on your mindset." "Yeah, shut up." "Wait- we could throw the suitcase again to get my horn out of the wall!" "Oh, brilliant. Absolutely brilliant."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Between Water Drop and Wandering Eye, they manage to extricate Glowing Soft from the wall wihout further injury; although this process finally produces the withheld goggles in your young onlooker.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 pm

With that task done, Wandering Eye's gaze drifts to the suitcase. "You said you couldn't open this, right?" He says, stepping over to the suitcase. He probes it with his magical powers, attempting to find out if some form of magic is keeping it locked.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dusk Raven on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:07 pm

Nothing particularly magical seems to be keeping it shut.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next