Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Post  Dusk Raven on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:09 pm

He spares a moment to glare at the young filly. "If you don't have anything useful to do, just move along. This is a serious situation we're in."

That done, he turns to the suitcase and attempts to open it with his telekinesis. "Let's see what's inside..."
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 pm

The filly shrinks back slightly and quiets, but continues watching.

Wandering Eye fiddles with the lock for a few minutes... But, telekinetically fiddling with something you can't see is really hard. A set of lockpicks and ideally a better understanding of locks would make it easier... ((But would also move it to a Dexterity check.))
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:25 pm

"Hmm... as far as I can tell, there's nothing magical keeping it shut. It's just locked." He sighed. "We're going to have to visit a professional locksmith for this."
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Bubbling Spring handles the teleport well, but the utter chaos that surround him makes him edge closer to JD, even before his presence is requested. "So you just want us to explore? Look around?
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 pm

"Do you know of any in the area?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:15 pm

He shakes his head. "Unfortunately not. I'm new to this area. I assume you are as well?" He looked around, searching for a local to ask about a possible locksmith...
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:17 am

The unicorn filly practically lit up in delight. "PICK ME!" she shouted from her spot. "My daddy's a locksmith! I can open it! Pickmepickmepickmeeeeeee!" With that, she gets up to sprint over...

((She is forty feet away currently. If you would like to react, a Reflex 15 and then whatever check you deem fit to keep her beyond 30 feet.))
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:30 am

"Uh, right then." Jack nods to nopony in particular. "I can't read, so where would either of you advise we head first?"
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:35 am

((Oops.))

"Oh! Well, ordonarily yes,you would just roam free at this point. The experience can only be properly had if you let your mind wander all on it's own. But, since I'm looking for feedback, I'll be acting as a tour guide,"
he explains, a blue uniform appearing in a flash. "Right here to answer all of ypur questions, and ready to ask a few of my own! For now though, pick any room you like; although the Little Prince is my personal favorite right now."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:16 am

Wandering Eye reacts quickly enough to stop the filly - but only acts due to a voice in his head screaming at him to stop her. So he uses his telekinesis to seize her. "Hold it there, little filly. Why don't you go fetch your dad?"

Spoiler:
Reflex Check: 14 (roll) + 3 (skill) = 17
Arcana Check: 18 (roll) + 10 (skill) = 28
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Wandering Eye's magic had no difficulty stopping the filly dead in her tracks. Luckily, she doesn't put up too much fuss over being door-stopped; she has a different complaint. "But I wanted to do it!" she says in a (slight) whine...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:39 pm

"I'm sure your dad has lots of locks you can pick," Wandering Eye says. "This lock is dangerous. If you come near it, you might be stuck to it and forced to do silly things, like us."
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:35 am

She tilts her head again for a moment before brightening up. "Ooooh! Okay!" she says in response. "Should I bring Daddy here, or do you want to follow me?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Wandering Eye looked to the twins for a moment before turning back to the filly. "Why don't we go over to your daddy's place? He may have tools he'll need." With that, he picked the suitcase up in his telekinesis and waited for the twins to follow him.
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:52 pm

The twins do follow him, making sure to keep within 30 ft at most.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:55 pm

"Sure, The Little Prince. Why not." Bubbling Spring's says, walking towards the door gingerly before checking to make certain JD was following him.

OOC:

Properly back now. Let's see how Discord's museum shapes up against the Tate Modern, shall we?
Also, this is possibly the only time will ever write a 4+ word sentence with all capital words.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:31 am

After about 15 minutes of following the filly, nudging through crowds of busy work ponies, and odd looks, they arrive at a small, but clean and tidy place claiming to be "Lock Tight's Lock Shop - Lock it Tight, from bottom to top!"

"Wait here a minute, okay?" she asks, stepping inside. After several more minutes, she emerges with an older, brown coated gentlecolt with a toolbox floating in his own telekinesis.

"Good morning!" he says cheerfully. "I am the Lock Tight mentioned in the sign up there. My daughter tells me you have something I need to crack open?"

"This waaay," Discord responded in a sing-song voice as he stepped towards a door labeled "Little Prince". "It's based on a book I read once; I can't quite recall what it's about, but it was inspiring," he explains as he holds the door open and gently guides you through it...

Jack suddenly feels a truly bizarre sensation. He can feel the floor curving steadily downwards, in all directions; are they on a hill, perhaps? And, moreover, while their hooves feel planted enough, he can sense.... something trying to pull his head forwards, although neither Jack nor Springs have any difficulty resisting it.

Bubbling Springs, however, is even more confused. The patch of ground they're standing on does indeed curve away... But it curves away into nothingness! Where's the rest of the land!? Where's the blue sky!?

"Here we are!" Discord exclaims, pushing the door through which they came down into a slot on the ground. He then snakes down to hug the ground, twisting to face the two ponies. "We are standing on a sphere floating in an empty space I found, about 15 feet in diameter, with it's gravitational pull tweaked to match something planet sized. Some very interesting effects.... It's not very well known, just what gravity does to and for us, and even fewer know exactly what the dear Princess does exactly when she 'raises' the sun every day. I hoped this might provide some awareness, by letting a pony feel gravitational effects in a more pronounced way, and thereby start asking these questions..."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:22 pm

"You found a sphere? in empty space?" Bubbling Springs says, a little too hung up on that point to register the rest of the statement. He steps forward, walking around the little planet once while squinting out into the nothingness.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:31 pm

"No! You don't just 'find' these kinds of anomalies. I found the empty space, but I made the sphere. And it was quite difficult, let me tell you!"

As Bubbling Spring starts walking, he notes that the force pulling his head forward makes it challenging to walk in that direction without falling head over flank... ((Acrobatics, DC 15 please.))
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:55 pm

"Yes," Wandering Eye says. "We have a suitcase that, as far as we can tell, needs opening by someone of your skills. However, I would recommend you avoid direct contact with the suitcase itself." He idly hopes the locksmith won't be stuck as well.
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:13 pm

"It's a bit magical, to say the least." "Though the lock mechanism has no magic in it, as far as we can tell."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Jack raised his eyebrows in confusion and wonder. "That...I like that."

He slowly took a step forward, very carefully checking each step with his cane. "I have never wished so much in my life I was a pegasus," he murmured.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:50 pm

OOC:
Acrobatics check: 15+7=22

Bubbling Springs wobbles slightly, but regains his footing quickly, moving around to face Discord. "Well, if it's supposed to be an art exhibit, there's not an awful lot to look at, is there? I mean, now that I've gotten used to walking on it, there's not much left to do." His brow furrows for a moment, and then his eyes light up. "What if you had a fountain, or a faucet, or something," He says, his horn glowing bright red, "and let people see how water moves on the sphere?" He conjures a small ball of water, roughly the size of his head, and lets it fall to the ground, watching with anticipation.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Bubbling Spring's water falls to the ground, about the way you would expect it to.

"No, no, no," Discord says in response. "You can't just drop things and expect them to do much. Hmmm..." He stops to rub his chin. "I need to show you what I'm talking about, and Jack wants to feel like a Pegasus. I think I can do both," he says, snapping his fingers; and suddenly Jack feels the hard, unforgiving punt of a heavy boot on his rump, sending him toppling...

And tumbling... Spinning... When will it stop!? Discord watches, clearly holding in his amusement as Jack "falls" away from them. "Don't worry, he'll come back. Especially if he succeeds that Endurance check to hold his lunch in. Might take a little longer if he tries to stop himself. Anyways. You feel how your top end wants to fall towards your bottom? Especially when you're moving? What's happening is the pull of gravity isn't as strong up high as down low, which didn't have the effect I thought it would; but this is better! It means that if you hit the right height and flip, you don't just fall down; you fall around, into an orbit around our mini-planet, as Jack is experiencing. But that's also why I'm hugging the ground like this; it's harder to accidentally fall into orbit that way, especially because I'm so much taller than you ponies."

"Hmm..." Lock Tight examines it as best he can without coming close. "Those aren't especially hard to pick. I could probably even fabricate a new key for it. But havin' to do it from over here... That could be tricky... And you know what they say about paying the piper."

((Negotiating! For now, assume 2 Bits = 1 Dollar. WD&GS probably (I don't know) have about 20-40 bits on them. WE has a bank note for 1,000 from the university to be exchanged for the suitcase, and probably another 20-40 bits of his own money.))

Last edited by Crystalite on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Bubbling Spring grimaces as JD goes spinning off. He did not envy him that. "Maybe make the sphere bouncy? People might accidentally end up in orbit." He suggests.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top