Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Post  Elacular on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Jack let our a loud yelp of shock as he started his orbit. As quickly as he could, he passed his cane to his hooves and stabbed it in whatever direction felt most like down.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:19 pm

"Hmm..." He thought for a moment. "One moment." He turned to Glowing Soft and Water Drop, and said in a low voice, "How many bits do you think you can spare? I can spare about... maybe 10-20 bits." In truth, he wanted to use the rest of his bits for something special later...
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Glowing Soft turns to the locksmith. "Uh, how much do you think is appropriate for this? We don't really have much to spare at this exact moment, though we'll have enough to give you a hearty tip later."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:58 am

Jack/Elacular:

Crystalite wrote:"...Especially if he succeeds that Endurance check to hold his lunch in..."

This means you. DC 15, if you wondered. While you're at it, give me a Dexterity DC 20 for finding the ground with your stick.

"That is a thought," Discord responded, watching Jack bemusedly. "It would have to be just so, though. Too bouncy, and you might get too high; and if the angle is wrong coming back down isn't fun. I'll have to pad it, certainly; and I think a safety net might be in order too. Oh! You know what we could do! Let's put a metal tube around it at a good orbit height; never-ending slide!"

"If you just want it open, that'll run you about 20 bits," Lock Tight explains. "If you wanted a new key made, well, I'll have to look first. Might be under 5, might be 500. It depends on how complicated it is; but that doesn't have to be today."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:54 am

"Let's focus on getting the lock open first." Wandering Eye rifled through his bits bag. "I can cover half," he said in a low voice to the twins.
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Meta:
You gotta say that out of character. I just figured Discord plays dungeons and draconequuses. Anyway.

Endurance=4+roll=1=5
Surprise surprise.

Dexterity=4+Roll=14=18

Well hey, if it were fifteen that would have been even more salt in the wound.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:54 pm

"Sounds good to me." "Can we just get this thing open already?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:35 am

"Well then. Let's get to it," the locksmith says upon hearing of ample payment. His horn lights up as several small, delicate looking tools levitate themselves over and start fiddling with the lock...

As Jack tries (and fails) to land himself, the draconequus can no longer supress his amusement upon seeing the ejected contents of Jack's stomach as it rebels against the poor earth ponie's attempt at stopping the ride. Discord's laughter redoubles when, unsurprisingly, the vomit manages to begin an orbit of it's own...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:09 am

"Thank you," Wandering Eye says. He turns to the twins. "So... after this is over, do you want to go and get some lunch?"
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:56 am

Bubbling Spring's grimace deepens as JD loses his lunch, enough so that he doesn't bother suggesting a jar of juggling balls to Discord. He taps himself on the side of the head reproachfully and lights up his horn, trying to draw JD back onto the planet without sending him through the path of the flying vomit.

OOC:
Dexterity, I guess?
9+7=16
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:54 am

Unfortunately, Bubbling Spring is having a hard time; by now, Jack has orbited to the other side.of the planet, so it's hard to see him. Jack's struggling doesn't help either, making it even harder to maintain what contact he can get.

Discord shakes his head bemusedly at the scene. His fingers snap, and Jack can feel his hooves on solid ground as he re-appears in front of them. The floating vomit is also nowhere to be seen.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:35 pm

"bluhhgh." Jack shook his head. "Awright, bit of friendly entrepreneurial advice? Don't do that unless someone asks you to or your liable to get your ass sued off."
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:36 pm

Bubbling Spring nods. "Agreed. Maybe, just as a general rule, don't design anything that will take people by surprise? Surprises aren't too bad out...um... outside, but in weird places like this they can be a little much."
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:"Thank you," Wandering Eye says. He turns to the twins. "So... after this is over, do you want to go and get some lunch?"
"Sure, sound nice." "You know any places around here?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:45 pm

"Well," Wandering Eye said with a bit of uncertainty, "I can't say I do. Though I did see a few places that looked promising - like one building that looked like a gingerbread house. Though I'm not certain if they serve anything but deserts there... I'm new here too, see."
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:14 pm

"Yeah, that place looked... odd." "I think we should go there. Dessert is my favorite meal of the day, so why not have it for lunch?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:17 pm

Wandering Eye smiled slightly. "Sounds like a plan to me." He glanced over at the locksmith, who was still busily working and looked to have tuned out everything else. He then turned back to the twins. "So... what brings you to Ponyville in the first place? Other than dropping off a suitcase?"
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:29 pm

"It's... uh... long story..." "She just says that when she's too scared or embarrassed to explain it herself. Basically, we grew up in an orphanage with no idea who our parents were, and now we're on a quest of sorts to find traces of our family, or at least clues to them. We didn't even have names until we got our Cutie Marks."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 pm

"I see..." Wandering Eye nods. "Have you had any clues so far?"
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 pm

"..." "We've had a few red herrings, but nothing substantial as of yet."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 pm

"I see..." Wandering Eye was silent for a moment. "Well, I'm sure with the money I gave you, you should be able to find out some information, somewhere." His eyes had a glint in them. "You know... my special talent is uncovering secrets. I could try and help you with your predicament."

He was meanwhile grateful that they couldn't read minds, as there was an inner dialogue within him that, as usual, he didn't wish to share with the world.

((Remember earlier when Wandering Eye gave them the bag of bits? I didn't know how much money he had to give them so I just assumed it was a bag of bits, but let's assume it was actually that bank note he's to give to them))
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:53 pm

"Really!?" Glowing Soft squees and gives Wandering Eye a hug, but quickly pulls away and blushes, Water Drop sighing and shaking her head. "Yeah, that'd be cool of you. Thanks."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:01 am

Wandering Eye chuckled a little and smiled as Glowing Soft hugged him. "Now, there's no guarantee I'll find anything. But I'm certainly willing to try." He glanced over at the suitcase. "As soon as this predicament is solved."
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Elacular wrote:"bluhhgh." Jack shook his head. "Awright, bit of friendly entrepreneurial advice? Don't do that unless someone asks you to or you're liable to get your ass sued off."

sunbeam wrote:Bubbling Spring nods. "Agreed. Maybe, just as a general rule, don't design anything that will take people by surprise? Surprises aren't too bad out...um... outside, but in weird places like this they can be a little much."

"'Outside? This is as outside as it gets," Discord responded indignantly. "But you do raise a-"

The draconequus is cut off by a snap sound. He pauses to raise an eyebrow. And then begins to squirm. After several minutes of this, he lets out a howl you can taste as he vanishes...

Dusk Raven wrote:He glanced over at the suitcase. "As soon as this predicament is solved."

Lock Tight looks up briefly. "Really soon now," he says, going back to it.

After several moments, you cna hear a loud click; followed, frighteningly, by a billowing pillar of smoke accompanied by a demon's howl!

As the smoke clears you can hear a coughing sound as the newcomer is revealed to be... Discord!

"Well!" the draconequus says indignantly. "Teach me to leave... those..." His eye wanders down to the suitcase as he becomes momentarily silent...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Wandering Eye's eyes become wide. "Discord! Are you behind this trouble we've been having?" He goes over to the suitcase and peers inside.
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top