Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:29 pm

"Oooook, I think someone's been havinna few too many drinks." Water responds to the voice, while Soft rushes up to Taffy. "Do you hear that? It's the same thing we heard in your house! We need to get out of here!" She grabs her and begins backpedaling to the stairs, while Water looks around curiously before catching on and heading down with them.

Might: 12+16=28
Perception: 7+11=18

Last edited by Telebiscuit Jen on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Scorch grins. "I'm always up for it."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:02 pm

Scorch

"Then we're off to the Willow!" she says, jumping to her feet and hauling you off.

Seemingly moments later you've been put into a corner of The Willow's kitchen. Violet is sitting on a sturdy looking counter, and the other kitchen ponies have been shooed off to other parts of the kitchen.

"This is my Experiment Corner," she says in explanation. "Everything you could possibly want - including gemstones! - can be found in here. I'm going to hand you stuff so you're not rummaging around for hours, but other than that," she says, picking up a spoon. "It's all -" she continues, tapping your shoulder. "Up -" She taps the other shoulder. "To you!" She finishes with a light whack on your nose, before handing you the spoon. "Show me what you've got!"

Steam Twins

Glowing Soft has no trouble dragging Taffy down the stairs, although she can do nothing about Taffy's protests of being drug out of bed.

As the twins enter separate rooms, their oneness permits an unusual sensation. Water Drop sees a typical hotel bedroom beyond the open door, the upturned sheets on Taffy's bed, an opened bag of what you assume to be her miscellaneous belongings. But Water Drop also sees the stairs vanishing beneath Glowing Soft's feet as she carries the protesting Taffy down. Similarly, Glowing Soft is somehow able to see the room through Water Drop's eyes. And then, all at once, they both see something flicker right in front of their faces...

((Will check, please.))

((EDIT:))

The flickering begins to solidify a bit, and the twins see a brief vision of a pony.

The pony looks quite a bit older than the Twins, with a yellow coat and a long purple mane that seems to flow across her back. The more shocking fact is the presence of both wings on her shoulders and a horn on her head.

The vision flickers, and now the alicorn seems to be staring right at you...

"WE KNOW WHERE MOTHER IS"

And quite suddenly the experience ends. Gone is the feeling of "oneness", and the shared perceptions. Gone is the alicorn vision. Now there is only the twins going down the stairs as Taffy complains.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:30 pm

The twins snap out of the vision, and stop to look at each other at the bottom of the stairs. "What was that?" "Which.. whose mother was it talking about?" "Not... ours?" "And what does that have to do with murdering Taffy? What do you know about alicorns and mothers?" Water slurs her way over to Taffy, interrogating her, while Soft looks back up the stairs- and very much NOT at Bubbling.
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:37 pm

"What ARE you talking about!?" Taffy shouts, squirming from Glowing Soft's grasp. "Seriously, what's gotten into you two!? What's going to murder Taffy!? I was just trying to sleep!"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Spring blinks. That had all happened far too fast. "I...agree?" He says to Taffy. "What just happened?"
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:56 pm

"There was a voice, in Taffy's mansion, when we fell down into that tunnel... after we found the dead pony." Soft half explains, "And we just heard it again. I don't think it has to do with murder, though..." "Yeah but it has to do with our Mother!" "It didn't say our mother, Water." "Yeah but... the alicorn... and who else would it be talking about?" Water's eyes match her name now, tears welling up as she releases Taffy and sits down. "Why is this happening?" Soft goes over to hug her sister, and keeps explaining. "We just had a vision. An alicorn, yellow with purple hair... I don't know what's going on."

Last edited by Telebiscuit Jen on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:04 am

Spring took a deep breath, trying to settle himself. He needed to be awake a while yet, it seemed. "...Taffy, how is your mother?"
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:23 am

"What!? I-I don't know! I was adopted!" Taffy stammers.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:28 am

"Everything, huh?" responds Scorch as he takes hold of the spoon. He ponders around for a minute or so before settling on a dish. "Alright. I got this."

After listing what he'll need and receiving them from Violet, Scorch starts by mincing a good amount of gemstones and fries them for a while, while also cooking chunks of potatoes and carrots in some water. After a small while of frying gemstones, Scorch adds crushed garlic, chopped onions, and diced carrots to the pan, later followed by flour, and then stock and tomato puree. He lets that simmer for a good fifteen minutes while he drains the potatoes and carrots and mashes them together with butter and some pepper. Once the two halves of the meal is ready, Scorch spoons the gemstone mix into a large shallow dish, and tops it with the potato and carrot mash, smoothing the top. He grills the meal for about five minutes before pulling it out and presenting his dish...

(General Knowledge Check: 14 (Roll) + 6 (Skill) + 2 (Level) = 22)

"Oh, almost forgot." He places a sprig of parsley on top of the golden brown mash. "There you go, enjoy."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:35 am

The twins stare at her for a moment. "Welcome to the club..." Water says, sighing. "So it could be talking about either of our mothers that we've never met." "But Yellow and Purple, horn and wings, sounds a lot like ours." "Our mother wasn't an alicorn." "Maybe."
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:54 am

Water was drunk, but that point was still worth pursuing. "Maybe?"
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:54 am

Scorch
The
Violet eyes it curiously as she takes it, digging around briefly for another spoon. "I probably would have tried stew, instead of the mashing, but we'll see. Or taste, rather," she says as she dips the spoon and delicately moves some of it to her waiting maw.

She takes her time with it, savoring the flavor as she lets it work across her tongue before swallowing it. "Hmmm."

She takes another bite, once again taking her time with it. "Mmmm."

She scoops up a third spoonful. She looks at it a moment, contemplatively glancing between it and Scorch...

"... I have never seen anything quite like this before. What is it?" she says, curiosity evident in her tone.

Steam Twins, Bubbling Spring

"... What." Taffy finally manages to work out.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:01 am

"Well we've never met her, so..." "There are Four Alicorn princesses. They aren't that common, I'm certain we'd have heard about another one walking around, especially if she had managed to give birth to twins, and then had them both foalnapped." "But you don't know." "But I don't know, yeah, you're right."
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:02 am

"Just a little something something I picked up from the Griffish Isles," comments Scorch, "It's called Cottage Pie. Although I've made a few improvements. Less fish, more gemstones."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:17 am

Scorch

"Oh, really?" she says, popping the spoon back into her mouth. "And here I thought I was trying one of your recipes! Shame," she says teasingly. "Clearly this calls for punishment."

"... Okay look can we talk about this in the morning? I want to go back to bed."

Last edited by Crystalite on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:18 am

Scorch raises an eyebrow. "Punishment?"

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:20 am

Bubbling Spring wasn't certain that he had ever agreed with a statement so emphatically in his life. "Yeah. We should sleep on this."
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:24 am

"Not that I think I'll be getting much sleep tonight, but sure." "Where's Wandy sleeping?" "He has a room. Bubbling, can you get him there ok?" Soft asks, leading Water to the stairs again.
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:35 am

Scorch

Violet hands you an empty bowl.

"Make some more."

"... Okay! Thank you," she says, stomping back towards her room in a huff.

Meanwhile, a low moan escapes from the unconscious pony left abandoned on the floor. "Oooooooooowwww..." Nightmare looks up and around. "Wha's all the noise..."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:45 am

Scorch smiles. "You got it."

After cooking another batch and handing it to Violet, he asks "So, what else do you wanna do?"

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:46 am

"She seems upset for someone we just saved from being murdered almost." Water stops a stair up and then goes over to Nightmare. "Heyy, you're a lightweight. You missed the creepy voice and the alicorn." "So you didn't really miss anything. We're going to bed." "Wanna come?" "NO, Water." "I mean because the voice might come back, and he's a nightmare so he's probably way better at that kind of stuff... and if we have bad dreams he could totally help." Soft rolls her eyes and continues upstairs. "I don't care, do whatever you want." Water giggles and follows her upstairs.
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:58 am

Bubbling Spring follows Soft up the stairs, more or less ignoring the couple below. "Goodnight, everypony."
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:59 am

Scorch

"Oh, watch you work mostly. Mother cleverly struck out the more exciting options," she says with a hint of a sigh as she takes the bowl back.

Steam Twins

"Wait" Nightmare says, struggling to his feet.

"Let me see if I've got this straight," he says, speaking slowly and clearly. "I'm pretty sure what happened at the resteraunt qualified as 'screwing up'. Usually that gets you kicked out. But one of you is inviting me to bed and the other one is letting it happen. So while I won't say no, let me just ask really quick..." He takes a step closer to the stairs, craning his neck upwards a little bit. A stray beam of moonlight strikes his face as he almost whispers:

"Are you sure?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:08 am

"Well, I mean, there has to be something else we can do, right? Scorch leans on the same counter Violet is sitting on. "Let's see. There has to be other ponies around, and you have to be back before dawn. Okay, that does remove a bunch of exciting stuff. No Neon Green and no diving. Hmm. And you've got nothing else you'd rather do?"

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top