Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

+4
Caden2112
tygerburningbright
TheCavalry
Dream Axis
8 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 6 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Dream Axis Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:00 pm

not everything is what they appear
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 6 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:15 pm

This doesn't improve things... But makes it worse in my opinion... It's like you going "oh it was discord, wait, no it wasn't discord, lol, you thought it was discord." when the only one laughing is you & everyone groaned at the first gag and groaned HARDER AT THE SECOND.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:05 am

Then im sorry as I felt that was the only thing I could say without spoiling anything or revealing just why I had it be discord or just why he showed you that form.
Doing that reduces the impact on the characters and thus the effect is ruined.......or at least that is what I thought.
I apologise for letting you all down.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Nah, it's just Xel. This forum can be a vocal lot if we're displeased.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Yeah... And I think the topic of Discord is an easy one to be played wrong in my opinion... So don't feel too bad. It likely was just a minor err that might get explained better or something. It was only one player who has voiced there dislike of the discord revival and even greater dislike of the implying that it's not really discord. Just seems like a bit of a pointless cameo if that's the case. From a purely OOC viewpoint. IC it weird and crazy as fuck, but Discord popping up makes things starting to feel more sane than insane.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:20 am

Er... Sorry for not replying yet, guys. I figure I should let my 'brother' wake up first, before being all "What are you doing, I'm the boss here, you guys should be listening to me!"

As for Discord, I don't mind. Oddly enough, this makes my third campaign involving him, but hey- John deLancie is too awesome to be confined to just one campaign. If I was going to complain, I'd just say that the set-up of a draconequis on a train was suggested in the PH guide, so I didn't find it a huge surprise...

But of course, it's all about execution, and I'm curious to see what's through the door... not to mention the kind of implied mystery that something bad has/had happened to the element bearers.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:36 pm

You can yell at us while you're going through the door, darnit. Razz

But yeah, I think it was executed fairly well.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Even I'll agree that you did honestly play it off well... Just... I didn't like the twist is all.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:05 pm

So... I'm picturing Scales acting like Raindrops.

Just letting you guys know that her suggestion for question 3 is [cccc00]"If you start smashing statues in a cave, how long until they give me a straight answer?"[/color]
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:24 pm

To be fair, I was picturing This comic as well, so yeah.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Yeah... Same thing on my end.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:41 am

Honestly I was waiting for you to try it.

also the count has now reached 50.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:14 pm

... There's a third door?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Three statue's,  two doors.

Also since i can see your struggling with this, i will allow the use of skill checks for clues, perception history ect (though you could have done this in the first place)
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 pm

Dream Axis wrote:
20+:
Ok, just to be clear... The statures are NOT moving to try and fight us? But a countdown has started? So far the only one who could hear what the countdown is linked to some stone grinding against stone sound?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Your not sure, the statues are prowling around you, yes, but they only started when shadow threatened them and even then there not doing much apart from counting the countdown. (current:30 seconds left)

Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Yeah. As no one's giving me an explanation as to this 'third door', I find no reason to believe it exists. In character or out of character.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:50 pm

OOC, I don't really believe it exists. IC, it's mostly because Shadow figured since they're either cheating or incompetent at the Knight and Knave thing, there's an alternate option. That said, she's less than willing to argue the point if there doesn't seem to be an obvious deathtrap in the next room.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Oh right. Well that way Storm see's it. They have no idea that which door is better because someone wasted all three questions. So, just chose one at random and go at it. Good thing he did, because if they had waited, they would of ran out of time
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:18 pm

I still say the trick was going backwards... I mean there ARE three doors... The two forward... And one we entered in. DUH! The true answer was to go backwards and that'd have sent us to the best place... Now we had chosen wrong and will be punished for it... And my character is SO GOING TO HOGTIE YOURS GOOD!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:02 am

That's antilogic at best, Xel. And asking "Which would the others say" is the answer to the knights and knaves thing. Assuming the people asking aren't more interested in killing you than actually posing a challenge.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:02 am

Caden2112 wrote:That's antilogic at best, Xel. And asking "Which would the others say" is the answer to the knights and knaves thing. Assuming the people asking aren't more interested in killing you than actually posing a challenge.

That only works if there's two of them. Introducing the third element changes things up.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:47 am

True, the actual answer for this variant is to ask the first two statue's "would you answer false to this question? " the one who tells the truth wouldn't be able to answer, as it would cause them to lie.
Therefore of the first two answer you ask the third one your true question eg "which path is safe"

will post sometime later today when I have time.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:04 am

That makes sense. Which I had thought of that, I couldn't think of a way round it. I just know that the traditional knight and knaves wouldn't work. Its Knight/Knave/Spy, and you need to identify who is who in two questions.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Uh, Caden? Storm just walked up and grabbed the key.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next