Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

+4
Caden2112
tygerburningbright
TheCavalry
Dream Axis
8 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 8 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Spiderlings are like the Spider to a Changeling's Fly... That was the idea I had when I started to make up my own personal headcanon for spiderlings... And I just went wild with it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 8 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:31 pm

... Well... I suppose that is one way of looking at things...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:39 pm

I was cool with the 'preys on them' part, the 'gets superpowered from it' less so. This isn't Heroes, we do not need Sylar showing up.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Hey these are only just ideas I've had on my end about the spiderlings... It might not be a real thing, but the digestive system of a spiderling just loves luidifed changelings to the point that it gives them just a power-rush that's mostly just like an energy drink or something. But spiderlings just think it makes them stronger post-high too.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:32 am

Caden2112 wrote: This isn't Heroes, we do not need Sylar showing up.

Heroes didn't need Sylar showing up either. Loved that character in the first season, but afterwards...

Anyway, I interpreted it less as "All your powers are mine" and more the difference between being starving and near death and hopped up on happy juice, like Chrysallis was.
Except the happy juice is...er... Changeling innards.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:26 am

Also.

Scales, this is a kettle. It's black, just like your pot.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:50 pm

It's official... Hidden Gem/Rough Diamond is now on suicide watch... She'll like not really do the deed... But right now the more people keep on saying that she's the monster she HERSELF fears she is... The more the idea of killing herself seems smart, wise, & better than keeping on living next to ponies who know what she is and hate her for being what she is...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:59 pm

I will say on an OOC note that the irony my changeling being paranoid and distrustful of someone not being what they said they were is not lost on me, and I am fully expecting a karmic backlash when Shadow's outed as being a shapeshifter herself.

That said, yeah, she basically just found out someone's a cannibalistic serial killer (so far as she cares to look into it.) She might chill out in a level or two, but yeah. Gem shouldn't be expecting a warm welcome from Shadow for a while.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Okay. Should I have made an athletics roll or something? Because DESPITE my character wrapping his tail around Shadow's snout, and clamping his claw HARD down on Gem's mouth. THEIR STILL TALKING. Even though they shouldn't be able to!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:10 pm

You wanna forceably shut someone up? Yes, at least for my character, make a roll. I was under the impression it was more akin to clapping your hand over their mouths. Also I specifically noted Shadow to have slipped loose and moved away. So unless his tail is made of silly putty, it's gonna be hard for him to shush both at once.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Its a big, strong. Muscular tail. I doubt she'll be able to simply 'slip away' from it... and no. Storm Fire isn't putting his hands over mouths. He's physically holding them shut. Hell, I can even give you a roll for Storm Fire to keep the changeling and spider-ling completely quiet.

Athletics: 1d20+10 = 21.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:22 pm

If you're gonna retroactively go from shushing them to holding them, Acrobatics.

14+12 = 26. So yes, she slipped away. Besides, short of holding their entire head in such a way, I doubt Storm could keep them from moving away. And if he's doing that, then there are MUCH larger problems with your approach to consider, chief.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:27 pm

No, he's not holding their head's. He's forcefully, not a bully.

Plus, its up to the DM to decide whenever or not your character slips away. Yeah, you got 26 to my 21. But there are such things as situational bonuses or penalties. Like a big strong dragon tail vs a not so strong changeling (5 athletics). Plus, your character is more about magical misdirection then actual evasion. So I think my character still has a chance to hold onto your character.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:42 pm

...There's also the fact Shadow can teleport, meaning even if she can't escape physically, she can get away via other means. Don't get into this with me. We're both dealing with the dehydration from the steam cloud incident, and your +10 athletics reflects that 'strong dragon tail.' Plus, I never said I was using brute strength. Hence, Acrobatics as opposed to Athletics. And yes, my character prefers misdirection as opposed to evasion. She's still a changeling, and has more than likely had to make a quick escape before. If you wanna lay 'em on the table and see who's bigger, make sure you're the biggest. Besides, are you really going to be whining about someone trying to advance the plot with valid IC reasons (Namely, wanting to get as far away from a natural predator as possible) as opposed to because we know OOC the clock's still ticking?

...On a completely unrelated note, my browser's spellcheck does not include teleport as a valid word. What.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Actually, strength is going to come into it, even if your not using it directly. If your gonna escape someone's grap, you need to have strength to do so. Plus, the +10 athletics is just Storm's own athleticism and doesn't factor in a dragon's relative strength when compared to a pony/changeling. If you want to use one of your daily teleport useages. Go ahead. I don't care. I just don't like how my character's actions are being completely ignored!

Also, DON'T start on 'Trying to move the plot forwards with IC reasons'. Not only is your character SLOWING US DOWN. But my character was tthe only one that actually MOVED THE PLOT FORWARDS at all when he got them both through a door! Yeah, but anyway... if you have problems with possible situational modifiers. I dare you to have a problem with situational modifiers for what comes next...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:08 pm

No, I acknowledged it, even if it was to say "I move away." And you'd be surprised how little strength can matter when escaping what is a fairly weak hold to begin with. My problem comes from your attempting to take an IC shushing attempt into an OOC attempt at browbeating myself and, to a much lesser extent due to him not responding, Xel into inactivity.

As a rebuttal to the second point, yes, you opened a door. Congratulations. You also saved half the party. That's not particularly relevant right now. However, as it stands, you're the one slowing the party down by attempting to physically restrain two separate characters, one of which is attempting to investigate the setpiece door. Since you're so big on trying to work species into this when hypothetically it would work in your favor, let's turn it around for a brief instant. What would Storm do if a natural-born dragon slayer showed up, I wonder? Just completely ignore it because 'feh, probably not important?'

Also, if you're going to threaten me, you should rethink that. You'd have essentially one turn to knock Shadow out before she won. Because, you know, domination meaning I can essentially pummel you without repercussions until someone else intervenes, assuming the DM doesn't allow for 'I order Storm to jump in the lava.' That said, due to familial relations, Scales probably would be obligated to IC, and she's significantly more capable of pulling the wings of my little fly, I'd imagine.

To everyone else, I apologize for this little back-and-forth.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:22 pm

Uh... excuse me? 'one of which is attempting to investigate the setpiece door'? Bull. Shit. Your character is ranting and raving to get everyone to kill Xel's character. Your not doing ANYTHING to investigate the setpiece door! Plus. What my character do, is even MORE important than an investigation into the door currently. Yet we need to investigate the door and get out of here. But with how people have reacted badly to not being called names, as well as events transpiring in negative ways due to a lack of knowledge of one another's skill set... we really need to introduce each other. As for species and your example? If a natural born dragon-slayer does come up? Yes I will acknowledge it. Just like I already acknowledge that ponies are going to be more agile in the air, and that ponies have magic that Storm doesn't. Though there is no such thing as a natural-born dragon-slayer. Their the alpha predator.

As for threatening? No. Storm Fire isn't threatening anyone, he's simply intimidating everyone to shut up. Admittedly, the plan of introducing each other will probably have to wait UNTIL everyone's calmed down, which will probably be when we've moved onto the next room... but getting everyone to just shut up seems to be a good idea currently. As for a fight? Fine. You can use Crit-Finisher > Enthral, so yes, you could most likely win in a one vs one... but as you pointed out yourself. Its rather unlikely to be a 1v1, and fighting against two tanks, though different, is not going to be easy on your character.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Actually, introductions are a good idea, considering Shadow's attempt to do so back on the second or third page turned more into an IC debate on how to pronounce Zakkiya. And Yes, Shadow is attempting to investigate the setpiece door. Talking does not preclude movement. Instead of ranting, try looking back through the IC topic. Specifically:

Caden2112 wrote:...With that, she backed away, picking one of the flowers in the hope that heat resistance would transfer to her and trying to make her way to the door. ...
(Bolded for emphasis)

From my last post before Storm threw a tantrum. That said, he probably has the key to said door if it's locked, so you know, the longer you have him act like a child, the longer the lava has to climb up into the room and make everyone except Scales crispy critters. So, ya know...Flipping out and making noise, or making progress. Hopefully I'm wrong and the courage lock is elsewhere.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:36 pm

The funny thing is that, right now, "Blotchy Pony" is probably the teammate Scales likes the most, since she's the only one talking sense (from her POV) with regards the Spiderling.

If a fight broke out, she'd back her brother because... he's her brother, but she wouldn't like defending Hidden. At all.

That said... maybe we should calm down a little. Speaking personally, I like inter-team conflict; gives good grist for drama down the road. But I don't want to see "fun, "angry" roleplaying turn into people really being angry.

Oh. And also; much amusement at being the only one with fire born. That's come in useful already.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Storm isn't throwing a tantrum. Yes he is getting angry, but he's not being childish about it and it controlling his action into constructive action. And yes, your character might be heading towards the door, but that doesn't mean your investigating it when he's so busy trying to get the spider thrown into the lava. I suppose your character is being reasonably productive. But getting everyone to shut up and calm down is probably the most productive action to make current;y.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Yeah, I'm just picturing the rest of the party having to be super-careful so their fur/scales/chitin doesn't spontaneously combust from being too close to lava, while Scales just casually wades through it and wonders why everyone else is being such a baby about it. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Yeah... I am getting a bit too passionate about this... sorry.

Yeah, it is ironic that the dragon doesn't have fireborn, whilst the pony does. I am so gonna pick up fireborn next level though. I'm gonna go with a magicial accident robbed Storm of his fire resistant temporarily.

Also, just a reminder, but Storm DOES have Grandur... so allies have a +1 to rolls if they can see him.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:57 pm

In my opinion I can see shadow more moving as soon as she see's storms claw trying to grab her.
my opinion things are going fine in terms of roleplay as long as we dont end up killing xel's character.

Now im going to re-read everything and check for rolls but for now:

Any bonus I can see storm having is canceled out due to him being under the same effects, if anything scales is the only one who would get a bonus due to the heat not effecting her as much.

The lava will actually stop rising when it reaches just below the top of the pit, though non of you know this yet.
The key storm has wont fit the door.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:03 pm

It was his tail, but yeah fine enough.

What about his persuasion roll to intimidate everyone?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:10 pm

I feel like I should note that persuasion checks against other PCs is well highly unusual and almost certain to cause some sort of OOC argument...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next