Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for new Traits

+15
Xel Unknown
tygerburningbright
Appkes
Esoterus
AProcrastinatingWriter
Stairc -Dan Felder
The Warrior of Many Faces
A1C Bronymous
Inferno1114
Zarhon
Ramsus
Cardbo
Videocrazy
Philadelphus
SilentBelle
19 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ideas for new Traits - Page 4 Empty Re: Ideas for new Traits

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Appkes wrote:Nope. Required- lvl9 Immediate Interrupt 1/session.
Use when an enemy does something. Now they didn't.
Your trait is funny. I hope it gets in. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Roundhouse
Choose an attack that you have that attacks a single enemy. You may add -2 Pips to have it attack all enemies instead. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a single attack.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Cardbo wrote:Roundhouse
Choose an attack that you have that attacks a single enemy. You may add -2 Pips to have it attack all enemies instead. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a single attack.

I really like this one. Want to put Draw Blood on everyone at once? Sure, and you still get 1 PiP out of the deal! Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

I really like this one. Want to put Draw Blood on everyone at once? Sure, and you still get 1 PiP out of the deal! Very Happy

Funny thing is, thats the attack I wanted to use it on. Very Happy
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Combining this with an ability like Judo Throw would make you completely overpowered. Even if it does cost 8 PiPs. 3d12 damage to every enemy and eject them out of the battle? Fun times.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Well, what if it's rephrased to 'damage adjacent enemies for the same amount as the target', or keep it on all enemies, but would probably need to be changed to 3 pip cost for all enemies. By the way it wouldn't work with Draw Blood, because that's not an 'attack', it's just an effect that does no damage. You need damage for a move to be considered an attack. Sorry to burst your bubble. I think it would be incredibly hard to balance a trait that tossed a combat talents effects upon more enemies Still I love the concept behind the trait, and I know a friend of mine would love to take a trait like that.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Ongoing Damage don't count as DAMAGE? HUH???

Also I think an easy way to fix the possable Judo Throw + Roundhouse being to OP... Maybe have it only give damage and not other effects to the whole enemy party or the damage is lesser to the whole party depending on what die is rolled?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Programmed Reflex
You may use free actions and immediate reactions/interrupts whilst stunned, once in a round.

Slowpoke - 2/Battle
Trigger: You are dealt damage
Effect: The damage does not affect you immediately. Instead, it it turned into ongoing damage X, where X is half total amount that would be dealt. Save ends and it lasts two round maximum.

Parting gift - Free action
When knocked unconscious/below 0 hitpoints, you may perform one of your +PiP talents. These PiPs will be gained once you recover above 0 hitpoints.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Nice ideas all three of those... Personal favorite is Programmed Reflex I have a character that'd totally love to have that one.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 am

ok, how about?

Roundhouse
Choose an attack that you have that attacks a single enemy. You may add -2 Pips to have it also attack enemies adjacent to one enemy instead. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different attack.

Grenade
Choose an attack that you have that inflicts a status effect on a single enemy. You may add -2 Pips to have it also inflict a status effect onto enemies adjacent to one enemy. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:50 am

Cardbo wrote:ok, how about?

Roundhouse
Choose an attack that you have that attacks a single enemy. You may add -2 Pips to have it also attack enemies adjacent to one enemy instead. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different attack.

Grenade
Choose an attack that you have that inflicts a status effect on a single enemy. You may add -2 Pips to have it also inflict a status effect onto enemies adjacent to one enemy. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.

Change the wording on Grenade to "Choose a combat talent that you have... etc." and maybe use the wording "You may pay an additional 2 pips when using this move to have enemies adjacent to the target suffer the effects of the combat talent (but not the damage)."

That way it can be used on Draw Blood or any status effective moves there are.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:20 am

Updated.

Roundhouse
Choose an attack that you have that attacks a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 pips to have it also attack enemies adjacent to one enemy instead. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different attack.

Grenade
Choose an combat talent that you have that inflicts a status effect on a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 Pips to have it also inflict a status effect onto enemies adjacent to one enemy. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 am

Now they're at lest 20% better skills and a lot more awesome. I can't wait to add them to some of my characters.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:17 am

Might want to reword it to make it clear it applies to the targets adjacent to the original target. Otherwise you allow yourself to for instance direct target enemy 1 and then hurt enemies number 1 and 3 (who are adjacent to enemy 2). And make it clear that any other extra affects that affect allies only count once (for example, giving temporary hit points to allies from attacking an enemy would only trigger once, not once for each enemy)

Roundhouse
Choose an attack that targets a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 pips to have it also affect enemies adjacent to the original target. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different attack. Any effects that benefit allies from such an attack (such as giving temporary hit points or healing...) occur only once.

Grenade
Choose an combat talent that you have that inflicts a status effect on a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 pips to have that status effect inflicted to enemies adjacent to the original target.. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent. Any effects that benefit allies from such an attack (such as giving temporary hit points or healing...) occur only once.

I think this trait could also be extended to work for ally-benefit / ally targeting skills as well (such as healing salve). Or make a new trait that does just that.

Last edited by Zarhon on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 am

Zarhon wrote:Might want to reword it to make it clear it applies to the targets adjacent to the original target. Otherwise you allow yourself to for instance direct target enemy 1 and then hurt enemies number 1 and 3 (who are adjacent to enemy 2). And make it clear that any other extra affects that affect allies only count once (for example, giving temporary hit points to allies from attacking an enemy would only trigger once, not once for each enemy)

Roundhouse
Choose an attack that targets a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 pips to have it also affect enemies adjacent to the original target. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different attack. Any effects that benefit allies from such an attack (such as giving temporary hit points or healing...) occur only once.

Grenade
Choose an combat talent that you have that inflicts a status effect on a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 pips to have that status effect inflicted to enemies adjacent to the original target.. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent. Any effects that benefit allies from such an attack (such as giving temporary hit points or healing...) occur only once.

I think this trait could also be extended to work for ally-benefit / ally targeting skills as well (such as healing salve). Or make a new trai that does just that.

I'd say an ally- based trait should be separate from these two. I'm still trying to think of a way to make them a lot less clunky. They are very wordy for traits.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 am

I agree, making a their ally effecting version of this trait would be a good idea.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Roundhouse
Choose an attack that you have that attacks a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 pips to have it attack an enemy and enemies adjacent to it. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different attack.

Grenade
Choose an combat talent that you have that inflicts a status effect on a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 Pips to have it inflict a status effect onto an enemy and enemies adjacent to it. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.

White Wind
Choose a combat talent that heals a single target. You may pay 2 additional pips to have it affect an ally and allies adjacent to that ally. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.

Silver Wind
Choose a combat talent that buffs or grants a saving throw to a single target. You may pay 2 additional pips to have it affect an ally and allies adjacent to that ally. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Roundhouse
Choose an attack that you have that attacks a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 pips to have it attack an enemy and enemies adjacent to it. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different attack.

Grenade
Choose an combat talent that you have that inflicts a status effect on a single enemy. You may pay an additional 2 Pips to have it inflict a status effect onto an enemy and enemies adjacent to it. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.

White Wind
Choose a combat talent that heals a single target. You may pay 2 additional pips to have it affect an ally and allies adjacent to that ally. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.

Silver Wind
Choose a combat talent that buffs or grants a saving throw to a single target. You may pay 2 additional pips to have it affect an ally and allies adjacent to that ally. This trait can be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different combat talent.
Yeah I think that covers everything... And is a really cool idea.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:36 am

Lighting Strike
Once per round, if an enemy would strike you. You can spend two PiPs to use a combat talent against them, in addition to the talent's normal cost.

Storm of Blows
Prerequisite: Lighting Strike, Level 5
The once per round limit of Lighting Strike is eliminated. In addition, the cost to use it is reduced to one PiP.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Lighting Strike
Once per round, if an enemy would strike you. You can spend two PiPs to use a combat talent against them, in addition to the talent's normal cost.

Storm of Blows
Prerequisite: Lighting Strike, Level 5
The once per round limit of Lighting Strike is eliminated. In addition, the cost to use it is reduced to one PiP.

An interesting concept. I love the flavour and concept behind them. 2 pips for an interrupt seems quite legit. I'd suggest changing the wording though, so that they can only use a [-pip] attack, (I assume it's only meant to be used with damaging moves, and could be quite unbalanced if it were used with +pip moves.) Also add an official Trigger: clause, and it should be noted that this is an Immediate Interrupt. (unless it's a reaction, although I'm pretty sure it's an interrupt.)

Now I'm not entirely certain that it's balanced, but at a quick glance and without play-testing, I think it's pretty good cost-wise.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:40 am

Not all damaging moves a -pip's however... the only ones which aren't a +1 so you still get -1 overall.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:19 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Not all damaging moves a -pip's however... the only ones which aren't a +1 so you still get -1 overall.

True, so long as it's just attacks, then it should be okay I guess. (considering if a fireball for -1pips is too powerful as an interrupt, or for 0 pips when you have both traits. It might need some playtesting.)
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Maybe I should change it to -3 pip's then -2?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Maybe I should change it to -3 pip's then -2?
Or maybe you make a line about how +pip moves will cost -4 for an attack? Or you could just say it only works for -pip attacks.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Nah, all attacks should be allowed to be used... actual attacks.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next