Hope's Refraction

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Copper Rose on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:30 pm

"Oh my, I'm terrible at pronouncing things I read if I've never heard them. Zuh-key-uh? Zah-kai-yah? Could you write that out phonetically?" Milky Way comes out from behind the table, no longer as seemingly nervous.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:57 pm

"Hadn't considered that angle. Huh. You're actually probably pretty close to the mark. This is 'I could buy and sell your very lives if I so chose' level money our host's flashing. Suddenly accepting this invitation is seeming a worse idea by the second." It had been a bad idea to accept in the first place, but...Yeah. "Regardless, I suppose we've come this far. Best to try and see the bright side. Still...Uh, Zak-E-ya? Hmm, what's your take on this?" She glanced at the zebra, thinking. Quiet sort. Unassuming. Possibly dangerous, it was always the quiet ones you had to watch out for.
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:33 am

"The Zebra is named... Zakiyya... Don't get why you all are having issues with it." Diamond comments having spoken the name perfectly... Or clearly believed to have done so. "It's just your basic zebra name..."

(OOC: Upto Tiger on how well my character speaks your name. Was either 100% perfect or did it 100% wrong.)
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Storm Fire came into the cart not much longer after his sister, and looked around, whistling in surprise. “Woah... this guy has gotta have one hell of a horde to have so much out on display.” The dragon didn’t really pay much attention to the other ponies for now, more focused on his sister... rolling his eyes when she nabbed a little gold trinket, though he didn’t complained as he rather liked having a trinket to take with them as well.

Once it was mentioned that the show of wealth was actually intimidating, the dragon snorted. A few sparks shooting out of his nostrils because of this as he said. “What are you ponies worried about? Its just someone showing off their horde. Its nothing more than someone flexing their muscles or stretching out their wings. Its just harmless show-boating.”
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:45 pm

"But they might also be showing just how much of power they think or honestly have... Which given what this guy knows on me... Let's just say that I'd kill over to keep this secret, to stay secret... So I'm a little worried is all." Rough Diamond states living up to the first part of her name right this moment. "Don't get me wrong... I really hope to NOT kill over this little secret of mine. But really... If I need to... I'll do ANYTHING to keep it hidden from you all... I'm just here to see what I can do to keep what's their name quiet."
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Milky Way gives Diamond a wide-eyed look from behind Zakiyya. "She scares me."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:04 pm

The 'unicorn' facehoofed, shaking her head in exasperation. "Oh, no need for such dramatics. Having a stalker shrine to Trixie or whatever isn't worth jumping straight to death threats." Shadow laughed softly, but the mood had likely already soured. Whatever this Diamond's secret was, they were foolish at best about keeping it. Chances were, at least one individual here would make it their mission to uncover it. Well, so much the better, it would keep them from looking too hard at herself. Plus, she knew at least one other person had been coerced into showing up...
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Zakiyya furiously scratches out words with her constantly falls behind the current conversation. "Za-kee ya. Miss Diamond had it right.
How do I feel...? I can't look any gift horse in the mouth I think the phrase is. I really need patronage and funds.

I am not sure about dragons but those actions also serve to demonstrate the gap of power
."

The zebra takes a single step back from Rough Diamond during her outburst but as she finishes she takes two steps forward.

"You are scary. Would you mind posing for me?"
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:33 pm

Diamonds display didn't scare Soft Scales; she'd heard that kind of thing before. Heck, she'd heard it because of hoards before...granted, related to securing or keeping control of it, rather than what it represented, but still. Storm was right; showing off your positions didn't mean much.

And she wasn't going to take Diamonds attitude as something either. She had experience dealing with that kind of thing. She spread her hooves apart, her wings flaring out and giving an un-pony like growl. She pawed at the train car.

"Just try it. I've seen babies bigger than you!"

Baby dragons, and for a relative description of "baby", but still...
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:22 pm

As scales makes herself more threatening, you all suddenly hear what sound like soft laughter from the back of the room, where there is now a grey coated earth pony resting on one of the couches, getting a better look at him you see that his cutie mark is that of a golden apple and he’s holding a bag of popcorn in one of his hooves.
Taking notice of your attentions he just grins and waves. "Please don't stop on my account, this is all very interesting".
It seems that some point during your conversation he was able to slip into the room and behind you unnoticed.
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Milky Way turns to the pony on the couch. "So what are the dolls for?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Diamond didn't want to kill anypony... Just this was such a BIG DEAL to her that the threats of murder was the only way to properly express why it was such a big deal. So she backed away from Softscales calling her bluff. And before she could respond the hat-wearing-pone hears the true villain of the hour (in Hidden Gem's mind at least) speak and turns around to glare daggers with so much hate in them. "...YOU!!! Must... Be... That pony... Who send the letter... I hate you... And wish to anything that'd keep you quiet about... The thing... You know... That I know you know... SO DON'T DENY IT... Or try to make me state it. Or I swear to the sun & moon, I'll just kill you now and start running at full speed out of here." She was bluffing of course, but wouldn't admit that, yet...
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Milky Way hides again, this time in an unknown place.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:07 pm

"...You really aren't very good at this, are you? Opening with a death threat is just going to make your situation worse than it already apparently is." Shadow's tone held none of the mirth the previous comment had, and she glared at Diamond, irritation clear on her features before she took a breath, looking at the newcomer. "Would I be correct in assuming you're Golden Desire, our host, then? Because as far as I can tell, you're the only one here without a matching doll."
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:18 pm

"Yeah... I'm really horrible with this, in fact right now, I'm feeling much like a panicking overly dramatic little filly... But hey... This pony has something on me so major... I'd kill ANYPONY including but, not limited to, myself... In order to keep it hidden FOREVER. I'm bucking desperate and want to make that known... Cause I'm not afraid at what that bad move will cost me, ok?" Rough states with total honesty.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:44 pm

“Golden Desire at your service” the pony says after the commotion has died down. “Though you may call me Desire if you wish”, he’s still grinning as he says this, not at all perturbed by diamonds death threat.
“i don’t need to blackmail you with anything my dear, you did after all give me exactly what i wanted by joining me today ,how else could i offer you what you would desire most? As for the dolls? well there here to tell me if you were dead or not”
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:58 pm

"All I desire right now, Golden... Is that you give me your word & a contract that you wont reveal the information you know about me even under the threat of death for as long as you EXIST... Along with the trust you could give me that would keep to it... By either like losing EVERYTHING YOU OWN INCLUDING MABEY YOUR LIFE! If you shared what you know about me that is hidden... ONLY after that, would I be willin' to talk about anythin' else, Golden... Cause after that bare min... Everything else you offer is only a bonus to me. So can you do that and work up a contract for me and maybe for anyone else got secrets they wouldn't want you EVER voicing to the world... That you'd lose everything you own and/or your life if you dared share it somehow? Can you do that for me?" The Earth Pony asked.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:17 pm

"Ignoring Diamond's conniption...These dolls could tell you that? Interesting. Still, what we desire most, hmm? Not exactly an easy gift to grant for some, I'd wager. Regardless, you have my attention, at least." Dancer blinked, thoughtful as she looked over the plush of herself. It must be enchanted, maybe she could get a feel for that...Plus if this thing was a leash, she'd rather know in advance.

Arcana-Assess enchantments, if any, on the plushes.:

1d20+11 = 11+11 = 22
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Milky Way pops her head out from under a couch cushion for a moment, wide-eyed, then jumps out and charges right up to Golden Desire. "You know where my dad is!?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:58 am

A look of smugness crossed Scales face as Rough backed down, and she sat on her haunches, her wings oh-so-slightly flared in dominance. Once Golden began speaking however, she narrowed her eyes.

She had intended to point out he wasn't as smart as he pretended to be. After all, he addressed her letter to a pony, instead of a dragon. But his offer got her thinking... what was it she desired the most?
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:17 am

Golden frowns at diamond, “you just got a whole lot less fun, now SIT" he mutters eyes narrowed at her.

As Desire says thud, diamond finds her body growing heavy, before she crashes to the floor in a sitting position, try as she might she soon fins that she cannot move from that spot, or move anything bar her mouth and tongue.

"If I wanted to I could have aired your life story the moment you came here, I could have broadcast it across Equestria if I desired. I called you all here for your benefit, and i could just as easily send you away.”

Where before Desires voice was soft and pleasant, now it has taken a more serious.....And slightly menacing tone, plus the fact that’s he's somehow forced diamond to the floor with a word, sets warning bells off in your heads.

“Now then,” he asks in a softer tone   “can we please get on with discussing your challenge before I decide none of you are worth my time?"

dolls:
you can sort of sense magic in them...and yet you cant get a handle on any of it other then it seems...disjointed.
Xel And Caden:
you also find that for whatever reason that you can no longer shape shift....its a subtle change but you can tell you have been locked into your current form,
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Dancer stared at the doll a moment longer...She'd have to examine it more later. There was also...Wait, he'd form-locked her!? How was that even possible? The shift in Desire's tone and the rather heavy-handed use of...Well, some sort of magic, anyway...Well, it was made clear they weren't just some rich idiot who knew too much. No, this was...Something more. They were a genuine threat, one the changeling needed to take seriously. How had they been stupid enough to waltz into this trap!? She made a note to kick herself later, but she focused on Desire, narrowing her eyes for a moment before nodding. He had her full attention, now. She needed to find a weakness of his to exploit, after all. "...Very well, we're listening."
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:26 pm

'OH BUCKING HELL... I might as well kill myself right now... Your too powerful and not trustworthy enough, nor willing to even hear me out on what I'd need to trust you... That I just don't bucking care anymore. I just don't care, you clearly know a lot about me, but nothing about how I function as a person... Might be abnormal for a pony... But hell, I'm not a pony... Not that I can prove it now thanks to that whatever the buck you did... You clearly want me more then I need you... So bucking kill me now or whatever." Rough states getting really melodramatic, but her talks of suicide were totally no laughing matter. She's totally honest that she wants to kill herself. In fact she tries to force herself to shift into a changeling drone, in spite of being form locked... Hoping that it'd put some type of strain on her body that could show that she isn't bluffing when it comes to killin' herself. "Clearly you only think you know my life's story if you figured I'm just going to submit because you got power & information over me... JUST MAKE ME FIGHT HARDER! The only way you goin' to get me to stop if some agreement or somethin' that I talked of before... WE GET THAT OR I'M GOIN' TO DIE HERE! I kept talking about how I need something to trust you, telling you bucking mule how to give me that trust I need... BUT YOU DENY THAT. So all bets are now off!"

((OOC: really sorry about playing this card... But this is basically what Golden Desire feels like she is being forced to use. AND DON'T PUSH HER, SHE WILL TRY TO HONESTLY KILL HERSELF IF YOU PUSH HER. She is being a total pramodana about everything, but hey, basically in her viewpoint Golden basically has her life in his hoofs and wants her that way, unwilling to try and offer ANY trust between them both... ONLY ANSWER IS DEATH TO GET OUT OF WHATEVER HE WANTS OF HER. Still is outing herself as a changeling, but didn't use the phrase changeling. Only difference now. Is that she isn't really able to shift forms to prove her statements Of being a non-pony.

I mean really did you expect a changeling spider, who's basically lived her life in RUNNING AWAY from everything that seems to be dangerous & untrustworthy like this very person. And she'd what be a sane and rational when pushed into a corner unable to know if there is ANYONE else to help her in this group. She feels like it's only herself against Golden Desire... Only Hidden Gem understands how the dude is the villain of this campaign, and one to fight till the last breath over everything. Doing anything other than this would be grossly out of character in my opinion. Hell you could've just made it seem like Golden was going to submit to Diamond, but was clearly goin' to outsmart the PC easily. IF YOU DID THAT I'D NOT NEEDED TO GO INTO THREATS OF SUICIDE FORM MY CHARACTER. She has fought and ran from everything she could so she could live free & without trouble.))
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Desire visibly sags as diamond talks about suicide, “fine” he speaks in a tired voice “I never meant to make you feel blackmailed into coming here, i simply wanted to give you the choice on whether you wanted to live or not”

“i called you here because none of us will survive to see tomorrow's sunrise, i called you here to give you a chance to change it, because while i cannot stop my own fate....i can stop yours”

OCC:
i think i may have underestimated the situation, i just wanted her to quite down for a second so he could hopefully  explain things better, but now that's out the window
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:43 pm

"The buck?" Rough Diamond states her mind is totally 404ing at this info.

(OOC: It's fine, looks like both my character & your Major NPC just are the types to naturally not mix well... And they both are working with very different data-sets of information. Still say that this could've been brought up sooner in my opinion...)
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top