Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope's Refraction

+3
TheCavalry
Copper Rose
Dream Axis
7 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Hope's Refraction - Page 14 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Storm Fire turned his head when Shadow pointed at the mark on his flank, and starred at it for a few moments, trying to register what the hell was this thing and were it had come from. The mark was a fireball, with a tornado swirling in it and a lighting bolt across the tornado. A rather dramatic cutie mark, but Storm felt like it suited a dragon... when his mind finally came back together as he turned to the others.

"Okay, if I have one of these marks now, and dragon's are accepted... I think we might find that all species have one of these for real, even you ling's if you change into your actual forms. As it stands, I think we need to do some... ummmm... what's the word... when you try to find info on a subject?" 'Study' and 'Research' weren't exactly words in a dragon's vocabulary after all.

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:52 pm

"Hunting?"

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:51 am

"Fairly close. I'd use the term 'investigating,' for now. Need to see what people are talking about, maybe hit our local library..." Shadow added, losing herself in thought for a moment. She was going in blind...Heck, she didn't even know if they had a library here...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:50 pm

"Investigating? Sounds good." Storm Fire said with a nod, as he 'subtly' pushed his form over to Scales. Just because he was the better of the two at actually reading, didn't mean he actually knew how to write. He had big massive claws designed to crush diamonds, not to hold fiddly little quils! Then again, ponies had flat hooves yet managed to hold stuff pretty well, Storm never really got that either. "What is this Library you speak off?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:24 pm

"It's a place ponies use to hold books...Uhm, you do know what books are, right?" It probably sounded more jerkish than intended, but being that was the entire point of a library, on the off-chance they didn't know, that needed to be addressed. "You can go there and borrow them for a time to learn about various topics."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Walking back over to the gate, you are treated to the spectacle of the dozing guard bolt upright and freezing into what you assume to be the typical ‘guard’ stance, the Pegasus from before however only seems to stand up straighter as you hand him the completed forms.

After a few moments of looking through them he nods slightly before depositing them into his saddlebags.   “well everything seems fine, so ....” his words are momentarily cut of as the gates open by themselves revealing a overweight earth pony with a cutie mark of a panto mask crying golden coins, sauntering  towards you, her brown coat rippling slightly as she moves..

Completely ignoring the guards, she gives you all a wide smile before turning her attention towards storm “welcome to Ponyvile darlingshe purrs before flicking her neon pink hair off to the side and holding out a hoof in greeting “my name is golden play and im just delighted to meet your acquaintance, i do so hope we will be able to conduct some very lucrative business during your stay....maybe find you some more merchandise?” she says, her smile having gotten almost predatory as she states that last word.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:42 pm

The Zakiyya diligently filled out the forms soon after they are handed out mostly used such a process already.
Name: Zakiyya bint Zahavah
Species: Zebra
Coat color: White/Red
Mane Color: White/Pink
Noble House:
Destiny: Art
Destiny upon exit:
However a part of the group conversation struck her like a bolt from the blue.

TheCavalry wrote:"...How about spelling," Scales finally grumbled, a thick blush making her cheeks turn orange. She looked away awkwardly, glancing at the guards of the city for a moment before picking up the pencil... albeit in the most awkward way possible, balancing it between her fore hooves and writing, clumsily.

It... well. She got most things in the right boxes at least...

She momentarily steps away into the background in order to strike her head against the nearest hard object, punishing herself out of habit for utterly nativity and blindness.

Dream Axis wrote:
Completely ignoring the guards, she gives you all a wide smile before turning her attention towards storm “welcome to Ponyvile darlingshe purrs before flicking her neon pink hair off to the side and holding out a hoof in greeting “my name is golden play and im just delighted to meet your acquaintance, i do so hope we will be able to conduct some very lucrative business during your stay....maybe find you some more merchandise?” she says, her smile having gotten almost predatory as she states that last word.

Immediately upon seeing the mare Zakiyya cowers behind nearest of the group she can get behind.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Scales growled. After their talk about who was in charge, having someone just saunter up and assume it was Storm didn't sit well with her...
But more important than that was the sudden dislike she had for "Golden Play" or whatever. Maybe it was the look in her eye, or that strange smile, or the downright weird cutie mark... But Scales felt a desire to butt into her 'conversation', if only out of principle.

She restrained herself... but her displeasure was written all over her face.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Storm Fire just looked at the mare in shock for a few moments... if he understood things correctly, this crazy pony wasn't just being forwards to him, but she was actually flirting with him?! What kind of place was this for a pony to actually flirt with him?! A big - okay not giant but still - covered in scales fire breathing - which he didn't do - dragon?! This place was just, insane!

After hearing his sister growl he came to his senses, and replied to the pony just how he would to anyone he disliked. "No." He told her bluntly, turning her offer down without missing a beat. "Now scram, I have more important things to do then be bothered by an annoying pony like you." Storm Fire turned away at this, asking the guard. "Everything is fine, so we can head on in right? You said you were done and going to come with us to chose us the inn?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:48 pm

The mares expression flashes into one of shock then distaste before her fetchers flash back into her....smile very well, I will be waiting when you change your mind, I do after all house the best wares in all of ponyville” and with that she saunters off again as if nothing at all had happened.

“ye, yes sir!” the Pegasus stumbles slightly slack jawed from that conversation, after a few seconds of silence he turns and gives a nod towards his fellow guard before leading you into the town.
The trip doesn’t take more than a few minutes in itself, the inn apparently being situated quite close to the gate, though in that time you do notice a few stares being through your way, along with some slightly hushed conversation.
The inn itself is of a decent size with the words Golden Oaks inn emblazoned on the front of the building, just towards the side of the building there is a semi detached cafe that when you step inside the inn proper you can see there is in fact a small door that connects the two together.
Behind the counter sits a grey mare with crimson mane who enthusiastically greets your Pegasus friend as he enters.

“Shimmer!”
she cries giving the stallion a full body tackle knocking him to the floor with a wave of laughter before freezing when she realises that there are ponies...well ponies and a dragon are watching.
Shimmer places a hoof on her back which seems the mare out of her embarrass state “sorry about that I’m velvet smile and I run this inn, you all looking for a place to spend the night?”

occ:
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Shadow looked at Storm, then at Golden, then at the guards, then at their group, her eyes widening for a moment as realization hit her...Why couldn't the group be changelings!? Having a hive connection would make this so much easier...Storm had...Oh, this was going to go so badly...If not immediately, then later....She glanced back at the others, mildly concerned. While they weren't of her hive, they were her only link to her home, her hive...And her queen right now...But at least they were clear for now. Still, she made a note to let them know what was going on when they had a private moment.

As they arrived at the inn, she smiled a bit at the display...Maybe she'd be able to have an easy meal after all? Still, the idea of getting a room or rooms was appealing right now, and she nodded, chuckling softly. "It's quite alright, really. But yes, we were, miss Smile." She smiled in what she hoped was a disarming manner, glancing at Scales and making a gesture with her head towards Velvet, as if encouraging the pegasus to take charge.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:38 pm

Scales caught Shadow's eye, but didn't look like she understood; maybe to be expected living most of her life in the wilds with dragons, but still.
A moment of awkward silence later, however, and she seemed to get the gist of what was expected of her.

"Uh...right. What Shadowpony- er...what she said." She frowned, trying not to fidget.
"Uh... And, you've got stuff to eat too, right?"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Storm Fire completely and utterly failed to catch any implications of what he might of just done because of this. As the mare turned around and walked away, he snorted, saying. “Unlikely, I have no interest in buying anything.” Though he wasn’t sure he actually had much in terms of money either. He didn’t really catch any strange reaction for the guard either, and simply follows him to the inn.

Storm Fire did notice the stares and hushed conversation, but simply dismissed these out of hand. He was a dragon after all, so it wasn’t surprising. Eventually, they reached the inn, alongside a cafe from the looks of it... and it seems their new friend had more reasons than he had shared to visit in from how the mare on the counter reacted.

The dragon chuckled at the obvious sign of affection, amused at how ponies could act so energetic, even though they lived in the same town and likely saw one another regularly, yet she still greeted him with a tackle. Storm was a little surprised when Scales stepped forwards to talk, but when she started stuttering a little nervously, he stepped forwards himself to support her.

“As my sister says, rooms for the night alongside food to eat is what we are looking for.” Getting a small idea, Storm Fire turned to Shimmer once more, and asked him. “After we’ve eaten, can you show us, or at least direct us to a library?” No need to tell them why they wanted the library through, coming from another world was something to keep to themselves.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Velvet seems to give you all a quick glance over for a few seconds before nodding her head at storm, a pleasant smile on her lips.
"i currently have several rooms that are available, each costs 10 gold per night though they do have two single beds if some of you who want to share, for food however i charge around 5 bits each for both dinner and supper, though il through in breakfast for a extra bit should you want it.

"She then points to a large black board behind the counter upon which a selection of fairly average food is listed with the work B&B Deal, there is a second board however with a number of more fancy or tasty sounding food, however each of these pieces have prices next to them.

(perception check please everybody )
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Well...She seemed to be dodging the last question a bit, but she glanced at the menu, trying to keep her expression neutral. "Hmm...Renting rooms does sound like a solid plan, as does getting a meal. Hmm..." She trailed off, noting her funds...They probably should share rooms, keep overhead down a bit, she could save on food due to not eating like the others...But something didn't seem quite right to her. Perhaps she was just being paranoid?

Perception check as requested:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Spoiler:

"We'll take it," Scales said, taking half a step forward. She frowned; okay, so she wasn't good at this kind of social thing, and yeah, Storm was talking at the pony too...but still. What was up with everyone talking to Storm and ignoring the rest of them?!
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:43 pm

After a brief discussion in which you decide who is sharing rooms and who wants to sleep on their own you settle down to a rather nice lunch, while not particularly fancy or even large it is filling and after the last day  is exactly what your stomachs needed.

changeling yumyum:

After the food has arrived velvet does in fact give you direction to the local library, though she does warn you to get back before dark, though that’s at least 5 or so hours away, so you shouldn’t have to much trouble...should you?

OCC:
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:52 pm

"Don't worry, we'll be careful about that, miss Velvet." Well, Shadow was set for a while on the food front. She kind of regretted not being able to bottle emotions somehow to feed on later, but even what she could take without drawing undue attention to herself tasted amazing. She grinned a bit as she looked at the others. "Well then, what do you say to seeing our rooms before heading to the library? It'll give us time to talk a bit more at least, hmm, hmm." She would be glad to be away from these other ponies so that she could explain how apparently they were giving off master/slave vibes to everyone they met...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Zakiyya nods at the suggestion although she does scrawl down a question on a napkin. "Share Rooms?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Scales frowned.
"It was your big idea to go to this library thing in the first place, an' now you want to put it off," she asked, incredulous. Except... well, it had been Bugpony's idea, so if she wanted to break off from that, she must have had a good reason. Or at least a bad one she thought was good.

"Fine, whatever," she added.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:20 am

"I'll explain in a moment, if you're willing to humor me." Shadow gazed evenly at Scales for a moment...She was frustrated, for good reason, but the situation had changed, and that necessitated getting a better grip. Zakkiya's written query distracted her for a moment, though, and she nodded. "Yes, I think that'd be best for now. I imagine Storm and Scales, you two would prefer sharing a room with each other? And I suppose I'll be sharing one with you, Zakkiya, if that's agreeable." She glanced between them...She figured that was agreeable, but she had no real reason to assume that they wouldn't change their minds on her.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:52 pm

"I...guess?"

Urgh. Scales frowned; she hated this "civilisation" junk. But still, a leader had to sound imposing, and authoritative, didn't they?

"Yeah, sure. Let's go with that."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:37 pm

“I don’t even get this room business.” Storm Fire said with a grunt, sitting at the table and eating, glad that their money was valid and that they had money, though he had no idea how long it would last or how they’ll get more. “We kinda just slept in a big pile back at home... still, I suppose if you're not used to it, me and Scales can share, and as long as the conversation is quick, we can talk about whatever you wish in our rooms.”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:54 pm

After a few moments to get yourself together you all end up in storm and scales room, which after a quick check is reviled to be the largest one out of all of you, even Diamond who opted to get a single room.
While the room itself seems to be pretty basic it does have all the necessaries you need, such as two comfy looking beds, a bathroom, a trunk with a lock to keep any items you wish, and a bowl of free candy on the windowsill.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:18 am

"Nice digs...Hmm, hmm...But let's get down to brass tacks, because we need to make the most of our time." Shadow looked around, the pleasant demeanor gone for the moment, the businesslike changeling back for a bit in attitude, at least. "Whatever else is true about this world, slavery is about a wing's breeze from being openly legal here. Storm, your attitude's got them thinking you own the rest of us. Also, you torqued off who I suspect either is the mouthpiece for the head slaver, or is the head themselves, about a minute into being in this town. That Golden...Whatever her name was. Play, if memory serves. I don't particularly care about that personally, but she may well hold a grudge, and judging by the fact the guards did nothing despite clearly knowing what she does, she has the resources to make our time here very...Uncomfortable." She sighed a bit before resuming, her tone soft, but quick. "It was...an unexpected twist of events, and we will need to be more cautious going forward. Being alone could very well lead to capture until we find our way back to our Equestria. That's my spiel. If anyone else has picked up on something I missed, now would be a good time to say so."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next