Hope's Refraction

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Dream Axis on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:05 pm

“But are you worth it? That is the question i need answered” he continues without a beat
“There are many who will also suffer this fate, why should it be you that survives? Can you prove that your lives are worth being saved?” he gives out another tired sigh "if you agree to accept my challenge that is your prise, you will get to continue existing beyond tomorrow, instead of being erased from time like the rest of us"
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Shadow was completely quiet for a long moment, thinking. When she finally spoke, it would be virtually impossible to detect any emotion in her voice, and her demeanor shifted for the third time in what felt like as many minutes. "...Erased from time? Are you-...No, from what you said, you're suffering that fate, as well. I'm willing to take a chance on your being honest with us, but I think it might be wise for you to start from the beginning. The idea that everypony is going to die is...Distressing, to say the least." While her tone was carefully neutral, her mind was whirling. Everyone was going to die? What about-...Did Chrysalis know!? Was there really a way to escape it? Was Desire just messing with them? The latter seemed more likely, but his body language didn't seem right. Of course, he could be acting, and she gazed at him, trying to get a feel for what he was thinking. Though, to be fair, she was pretty sure she'd just lost her appetite.

Empathy roll:

1d20+8+5 = 18+8+5 = 31.
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Milky Way flops down on the couch next to Desire, stunned. "...what?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:25 pm

"do you know who the ponies who's names your passwords belonged to?" he speaks looking out the window longingly. "what they meant to this world?"

Empathy:
his thoughts are a chaotic maelstrom of sadness, anger and just general tiredness
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:31 pm

"Of course. Everypony knows about the Elements of Harmony. Princess Twilight was the Element of Magic, Applejack the Element of Honesty, Fluttershy the-" Milky Way's eyes open wide, and she jumps off of the couch and runs back to the dolls. She checks the bottom of her doll, and looks back at Desire. "This is more than just something to remind you of who has what password, isn't it?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:50 pm

desire gives a small nod at this "if i were to gather anyone why not ones that reminded me of my friends?....they were the first to go after all, and we the doomed the only ones still able to remember them"
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Elements of Harmony? Despite what Milky said, Scales hadn't heard of them... though judging by everyone else's reactions, she was the only one. 'Rarity'... who had that been? The name (she snickered at the realisation) made her think of gems, gold, diamonds...

So, that fit at least. It was one thing about this whole story that did.

"What do you mean, we remind you of them?" she demanded; she spread her wings a little. As far as she was concerned, staring down Diamond made her the Alpha Female, and she wasn't going to let this stallion think he could intimidate her. Female dragons were larger for a reason.
"I've never seen any of these ponies before. This is my first time away from the herd. So what makes you think you know us! because I don't know you!"
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:00 pm

"...i'll admit i feel honored to being linked with the element of honesty..." was the first semi-sane and coherent statement Diamond made since hearing about this insane topic of madness.
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Well, that was...actually, that suited what he was saying. If Desire was lying, they had world-class control over their emotions. If they were telling the truth? Then that made sense. "Loyalty? Me? I'm flattered. But...That does invite further questions. Namely, how you're associating us with them," She looked at her doll again. Loyalty...Perhaps he had a point, but she wasn't loyal to any pony, certainly.
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:44 pm

"...still remember them? What happened to them? And how will these dolls help you make sure we are still allive?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:17 pm

Storm Fire meanwhile, bored of all the posturing and shouting and general craziness of this insane pony - and really, anyone could tell they were insane - had decided that this trip, this invitation had not been worth his time at all. So he had simply lay down, put his head down, and gone to sleep. And boy, could Storm sleep. Despite all of the shouting and screaming, despite ponies rushing around like headless chicken and everything else besides. The dragon was still asleep.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Zakiyya completely and utterly freaks out in reaction to the threats, counter threats, revelations before eventually segueing into pure confusion attempting to make even the slightest amount of sense of the situation and utterly failing. Eventually she calms down enough to cast a wild look at Golden quite blatantly asking "WHAT???"
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:45 pm

“Did you know that there once was a pony that was so fascinated by dragons that she flew after them?” Desire says turning to face SoftScales in response to her demand.
“That her parents searched for months and never found her? That they cried themselves to sleep at nights wondering how they could be so careless? i wonder what would they think off her now, after so many years had past?” he taps a hoof to his chin absent-mindedly at this.

“But then again does it really matter, time is running short and the game must begin” as he says this he claps his hooves together and the door behind you slams open with a sudden rush of heat.

“Through that door lies the stage for your challenge”
he says while waving his hoof at the now open door, which when glanced though an darkly lit cavern with only a few scattered to provide light, the air has also been quickly risen in temperature since the door was opened.

“Within these caves lies the keys to your existence.... and all you have to do to win is answer one important question”.
It is then that the party notices that Desires form has started to flicker and change, distorting completely before the new figure bows and fades away into nothing, leaving you alone to discuss your options.

But it is clear what you all saw, what stood there was not a pony, but the very familiar draconequus form of Discord.
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:25 pm

SoftScales stared at where the pony.s very un-pony like shadow had been, her feathers suddenly ruffled. An odd expression crossed her face, before the stern, rough determined look of a dragon re asserted itself. Even so, she couldn't stop herself from being a little... shaken.

She glanced at the other mares, as if challenging them to say something, before trotting to her BBBFF, pressing her fore hooves into his stomach.
"Get up, Storm. We've got stuff to do."
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:34 pm

"Wait, that was-!" Shadow stepped back for a moment, shaking her head. "I think we're all officially in over our heads here." That explained...A lot, actually, as to how he could find out such personal details about her. That said, best not to focus on what couldn't be changed. The mission at hand was to try and survive. That was it. That was what they needed to concentrate on. "Sh-...She's right. Stick close, everypony, we can get through this. Take a second to collect yourselves, then we should get into the cave, I think." She looked at them, walking towards the door. One step at a time. She could sort out her emotions later.
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:12 pm

"I knew it!" Milky Way says, in reaction to Desire actually being Discord. "Well, I think going in there is probably a good choice for us. Now all we have to decide is who goes first."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Zakiyya stares at Discord for a long moment before lapsing into a calm smile somehow accepting the current situation. After a moment she makes a content nod and takes a step toward the door.
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:06 pm

"This has gone so deep into madness it's starting to look sane again..." Was all Diamond could say at this point.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:06 am

Milky Way watches Zakiyya walk through the door, then shrugs and follows her.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:45 pm

Rough Diamond just nods goodbye to the Discord in the room and follows the other two forward.
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Shadow watched the three before following along. "Come on, you two, best not to get left behind, not now, anyhow."
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:17 am

Storm Fire stirred at the hooves against his stomach, then woke up, stretching out with a yawn before climbing up onto his feet. Looking around, it was quite easy to note the new door open and he cavern behind it. He didn’t really react with any surprise at this, and began to move forwards into it, saying. “I assume that this is our challenge sis? And that the insane ponies have quieted down now?”
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Scales shot a glare at Shadow as she followed Storm trough the door.

"Quiet for now, anyway," she muttered in reply. Honestly, she was still a little off-balance from Desires revelations; having somepony to shout at would actually be a welcome stress reliever.

Albeit it one which Storm wouldn't like, so she kept her mouth shut. For the moment.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:49 pm

The cavern you enter into is not much larger than the compartment you were just in, though it is certainly hotter.

Directly in front of you lies the only visible exit to the cavern, two charred wooden doors that sit behind three statues barring you access, each of these statues depicts a different race, a diamond dog, a changeling and a dragon respectively, though each has some sort of sun like symbol carved into their foreheads.

As you draw closer the heads turn towards you and the changing statue starts speaking in a hollow tone.
“Behind us three, there lie’s two doors for you to chose, one of ash and one of yew, enter either at your peril, for now your survival hinges on what you do."

"But don’t despair,"
the dragon now speaks "For you shall have your clues, ask three questions from among you all, to decide which of you will pass and which will fall."

"We three will answer what we can, though you should know one fact before the game began"
the Diamond dog finishes before they all start speaking at once.

"Each of us are different and the way we speak is never the same, but for now one of us shall lie, one shall speak the truth, while the last will speak as they please, so answer quickly and answer firm, or whatever you chose will lead only to doom.”
they now speak all at once.
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:14 pm

"Oh, a new twist to an old puzzle. Fun." Milky Way thinks for a moment, before walking up to the dragon statue. "Which door would the other two statues tell me is the door which we should go through to survive and go on?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top