Hope's Refraction

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:21 pm

"OH bucking hell... I hate logic puzzles like this." Diamond grumbles.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Dream Axis on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:30 pm

"The dog would say both, the changeling would say none" the dragon replies.
avatar
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 167
Join date : 2014-07-16
Location : the 4th wall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Milky Way gives the statue a puzzled look, then moves on to the changeling statue and asks the same question. "Which door would the other two statues tell me is the door which we should go through to survive and go on?"
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  TheCavalry on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:52 pm

" And we're down to one question," Scales muttered, ruffling her feathers. She agreed with Diamond; this kind of thing was dumb. Or at least hard. Dragons were supposed to be smart, but the truth was, she wasn't very good at this sort of thing.

She was good at other things though. Like smashing.
And if these statues didn't start giving some straight answers, she might just demonstrate that.
avatar
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 940
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Dream Axis on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:53 pm

"The dragon would say ether, the dog would say none" the changeling replies.
avatar
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 167
Join date : 2014-07-16
Location : the 4th wall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Milky Way gives the changeling statue a similar look, then moves on to the diamond dog statue, and again asks the same question. "Which door would the other two statues tell me is the door which we should go through to survive and go on?"
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Caden2112 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:14 pm

"Clever mare..." Shadow murmured, staying quiet otherwise. Milky clearly had a plan, and was honestly better...It was a pity they were all statues...She could probably get flesh-and-blood guards to spill the beans, if only by pummeling them senseless. Which was probably why they were statues. Still, she didn't like this.
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:08 pm

Zakiyya's eyes widen and she shakes her head vigorously. She then copies down the words of the statues adding a bit of her own emphasis. "Each of us are different and the way we speak is never the same, but for now one of us shall lie, one shall speak the truth, while the last will speak as they please,"
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:13 pm

"Yeah... It's all buckin junk... JUNK I SAY!" Was what Diamond took from the Zebra's words.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Dream Axis on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:52 am

"The dragon would say nether, the changeling would say none" the dog replies replies to your final queston before all three of the statue's start speaking in unison again.
"Your questions three you have asked, now take faith and chose your path".
The statue's move to forward as they say this giving you access to the doors.... then start to count down from sixty.
avatar
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 167
Join date : 2014-07-16
Location : the 4th wall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:06 am

"At this point... I feel like the only real answer I've gleamed here is not to move forward, but backwards... Maybe's that the trick to this stupid puzzle." Diamond mused.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Storm Fire followed the others. When they had the three statues and the questions, and one of them just asked the same question three times, leaving them simply having to chose three doors with no real clues. With a snort, Storm Fire just walked up towards the ash door, turning to face the ponies as he said. “If any of you have a clear reason why we can’t chose this door. Speak up.”
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Caden2112 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:10 pm

"From this, we can actually take a few conclusions. First, there's a third door we're not being told about. Second, both paths either lead forward or kill us. Third, these statues are completely incompetent at their own knights and knaves puzzle, or are malicious enough to cheat at their own game." Shadow narrowed her eyes, glancing around. "But going back to the train gives us nothing. Maybe we should knock the heads off the statues and toss them down the corridors as trap springers."
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Dream Axis on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:57 pm

As the count reaches the half way point, the statues no longer seem content to sit idly by and now begin to slowly pace around you all, grinning savagely as shadow mentions assaulting them .
spoiler:
Anyone who wants to roll a perception check please do so.
avatar
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 167
Join date : 2014-07-16
Location : the 4th wall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Caden2112 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:12 pm

"Well, well. They can move on their own. Interesting," Shadow snarked a bit as she glanced around. "Now that's something I would love to figure out...Put it in my next show..."

Perception check because eyes work good.:

1d20+8 = 9+8 = 17
...Or maybe not.
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  TheCavalry on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:58 pm

"Well, this is progress. Kinda." Scales reared a little, snorting while flaring her wings.

Spoiler:
Perception [8] + d20[8] = 16
avatar
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 940
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:00 pm

"Times like this makes me happy I'm prepared with A LOT OF ROPE HIDDEN IN ME TAIL!" The Cowpony states as a lassol seems to just appear out of her tail, it was being spin around getting ready to try and hogtie these stone-golems.



((OOC: Just to be 100% clear I've not done anything yet but if nobody can pass the whole unknown skill check, I'm going to try and disable the three golems by using my Spiderling webspinnder ability:
ability in question:
Webspinner (4) – At Will [Created by Azureink and Zarhon] (100/100 Feet)
You can create strands of web at 1 foot per second, and may choose to make them sticky (they can adhere to the surfaces that a creature with Spider Climb can). Your webbing is ¼ inch in diameter. Your webbing can support up to 500 lbs. of weight and has the durability of steel wire - except that it is flammable and easily corroded. You can make up to 100 feet of web per day.
I will also combo it with a skill check, just kinda unsure what skill check to use. If I knew I'd have started work already on trying to tie them up with as much rope is needed to hogtie them.))
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Dream Axis on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:19 pm

20+:
anyone with 20+ can hear what sounds like stone grinding against stone, coming from behind the doors, starting from the very top and slowly working down as the seconds pass.
25+
you are also pretty sure that it started when the statues started counting
avatar
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 167
Join date : 2014-07-16
Location : the 4th wall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:30 pm

"Okay. Lets get out of here." Storm Fire said, he didn't know anything about this third door, or whichever choice was he best. All he knew, is that they had to make a choice of one of two doors, and if they didn't bad things happen. He wasn't afraid to fight, but he wasn't one to take any unnecessary risks, if he could avoid a fight. He would take it. Storm Fire palmed the door open as he firmly said. "Everyone though the door. Now. No time to argue."
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:18 pm

The zebra entirely ignores the dragon's order and looks around for a third door.

Roll:
Roll(1d20)+13:
15,+13
Total:28
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Dream Axis on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:35 pm

The door gives way easily to the dragons touch, revealing yet another room like the one your currently standing in, though this one has, what appears to be, a glowing crystal floating inches above an pedestal in the middle of the room.
Other then that the room looks safe, the most dangerous thing that you can see is the flat slab of stone descending from above to seal the passage off.
avatar
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 167
Join date : 2014-07-16
Location : the 4th wall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  TheCavalry on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:28 pm

SoftScales cursed. She loved her brother, but picking a door at random didn't seem like a good idea. It got worse when the passageway began to seal before their eyes.

"a Okay, that's it... Any pony who doesn't want to try the other door or get mobbed by stone statues, get moving! And you block heads... If you move, then you'll regret it!"

She bared her death at the statues, reading, spreading her wings to look as large, as intimidating, as a yellow pony possibly could.

"So move. Please. Dirt stone isn't the same as gems but hey, I haven't eaten all day anywa!"
avatar
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 940
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Xel Unknown on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 pm

"OH bucking hell... I swear... Next room you getting hogtied so badly Dragon..." Diamond mutters.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Caden2112 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Shadow nodded, thinking. "Right. If things get bad, between the lot of us we should be able to make a quick escape..." She hurried through the door, trying to figure out what the crystal was about before looking about the new room.

Relevant checks- Perception and Arcana:

Perception: 1d20+8 = 16+8 = 24
Arcana: 1d20+11 = 12+11 = 23
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:55 am

Milky Way runs into the other room, gladly taking a falling ceiling over threatening statues any day. Once in there, she looks around the room and closely at the crystal, examining it in every way she can think of.
Rolls:
Perception:
Roll(1d20)+14:
16,+14
Total:30
Arcana:
Roll(1d20)+12:
14,+12
Total:26
EDIT: forgot about FK: puzzles, so I guess +5 to both of those rolls?
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope's Refraction

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum