The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:44 pm

"If you say so. But robes and fur don't to much to prevent the spears and claws of your enemies, either. Just something to keep in mind."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5649
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  mjh6 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Eight shrugged. If she took offense to everything he said, they wouldn't get anywhere. He'd see later.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Elacular on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:13 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:"If you say so. But robes and fur don't to much to prevent the spears and claws of your enemies, either. Just something to keep in mind."

"That's true," she mumbled thoughtfully, "And I doubt I could get much more disgraced...I'll consider it, Horizon. At any rate, Mr. Elric, is there anything I can do to repay you for your kindness?"
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Dusk Raven on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Elric laughs. "Kindness? All I did was let you use a cottage which isn't even mine, anyways." He stands up and leans on the chair. "But if there's any way you can repay me, it'd be by finding the treasure. Good luck."
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1727
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:36 pm

"Easy enough." Horizon nods to him, then steps outside again. He takes a look down the wet road. "We ready to move on?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5649
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Elacular on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:43 pm

As she walks out of the house, Dagnir pauses at her reflection in the window to fix her war paint and clack her teeth experimentally. Once finished, she walks over to Horizon and nods. "Mhm. I'm ready to head towards the city. It shouldn't be too hard to find."
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  mjh6 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Eight smiled and hopped up. "Then let's be off!"
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:45 am

Horizon rolls his eyes, the action hidden by his helmet. "So eager... sometimes I wish I could be that cute and optimistic."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5649
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  TheCavalry on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Nadir rose with the rest of them. As the others put themselves back in order, however, he took a moment to stare at Elric, as if measuring him...

A moment later, he stooped out of the front door and followed the rest of the group outside to the road.

Spoiler:
So, geography check!...which I'm guessing would be general knowledge. I want to know what Nadir knows about the lay of the land.

General Knowledge [7] + d20 [14] = 21

And, in case it's needed or relevant...
Perception [7] + d20 [14] = 21

Yeah, two 14's in a row. Out of curiosity I rolled a third time; would have been a four.
avatar
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 940
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Dusk Raven on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Spoiler:
Nadir knows that the path will lead to the town of Miklev, as Elric said. As per the Perception check... you think you see something at the corner of your vision, but when you turn to look, it's gone.

The path twists and winds, and at times gets a little faded, but never disappears, and you soon find yourself on a hill overlooking a valley. A river runs through the valley, snaking its way through the land, and around one of the bends, a town can be seen, surrounded by clearings and fields.

The path leads down to it. You should reach the place before the sun sets, should you choose to go there.
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1727
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Elacular on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Dagnir stood up on her toes, cupping her paws around her eyes in a vain attempt to see further before falling back onto what passed as her heels. "I see the city. Do we want to pony up for a meal and hotel tonight? Because if not, I can build a shelter for us and catch some of the local prey.."
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:38 am

"Huh." Horizon says, peering out over the valley. "For some reason the way he talked about it, I figured the town was a lot closer than that. I'll admit, as much as I am all for getting to the town as early as possible, I think there is wisdom in not paying for a room." He looks at Dagnir and chuckles. "Someone's really eager to build us a shelter, huh? Might as well, but let's at least get to the river first."

Sure, I'll throw you a bone. Obviously wanna get some use out of that ability.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5649
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  mjh6 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Eight shrugged. It was true that she wanted to get going, and get to the town, but it was also true that the town wasn't going anywhere. At least, she was pretty sure it wasn't going anywhere.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:49 pm

"Are you guys coming or not?" Horizon says as he steps forward, heading farther down the path on the way to the river.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5649
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  mjh6 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Eight inwardly rolled her eyes. "Actually, I figured we were all going to go home now." she said cheerfully, stepping forward to follow.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Horizon doesn't look at her, but quietly sighs. She's just the same... It's going to happen all over again. He shakes his head a bit but keeps walking.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5649
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  TheCavalry on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:05 pm

If Nadir could frown, he would have. He was familiar with the concept of banter, but seeing it in action...

He was normally quiet, but the display still left him speechless. Instead, he lumbered after the rest of the group with long, precisely even strides.
avatar
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 940
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Dusk Raven on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:08 pm

The group reaches the river in short order. It's a peaceful sight, the small river murmuring softly as they walk alongside it. To the keen-eyed, fish can be seen in the waters, even as the sun begins to dip low in the sky, bathing the land in orange light. It looks like a fine place to gather food and find shelter, should the group wish it.

(sorry for taking so long, but I really don't know what you expect of me...)
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1727
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Horizon stares out over the river. "Well this is cozy, I guess. I don't know what people think is so bad about this place, it looks perfectly nice." The sarcasm is subtle, but noticeable. "So how's that shelter coming?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5649
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  TheCavalry on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:34 am

Spoiler:
Oh...derp. I didn't realise Dusk had posted- I thought Bronymous reply was a general thing to the group. Sorry!

Shelter. So they were planning on staying here for the night?

A thought- closer to an order- crossed the beasts 'mind'. They had stopped at Elrics home; now they were stopping here. Natural creatures needed to rest, after all.
Nadir didn't. He could have marched through the rain before. He could see as well at night as he did in the day, and he never tired. He never had to stop.

It made sense to leave. To strike it alone.

Instead, he took a step towards the river and rumbled, "I'll get the fish."

Spoiler:
... which I'm sure would be some kind of roll but I'm not quite sure what... still, here's my best guesses:

Trying not to disturb the water/creatures
Stealth [7] + d20 [5] = 12

Looking for a good target
Perception [7] + d20 [17] = 24

Strike!
Dexterity [4] + d20 [17] = 21
avatar
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 940
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Elacular on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 am

Draug awoke from her distracted state and nodded. "Oh, yes, um, if you need it, I can help you with the fish. Um, for now though, I'll get to work on our shelter for tonight."

With that, she bound off into the woods on something between all fours and two legs, coming back around two minutes later, weighed down with wood, grass and other materials, which she started fashioning together into a lean-to hut.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:50 am

Horizon watches the odd couple go to work, and then looks over at Eight. "Well they have that handled. So what do you wanna do?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5649
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  mjh6 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:59 am

Eight shrugged. "Know any good stories?"
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:10 am

"None that you would like, probably." Horizon says casually. "The ones that aren't basically incoherent nightmare ramblings usually end with the Good Guy bleeding out on the floor. But if you're into that, well..." He steps away from the river and opens his pack, pulling out a blanket. Laying it on the ground, he explains, "Ground's still wet." He then takes a seat, then gestures at Eight to do the same. "If you'd like."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5649
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Dusk Raven on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:27 am

TheCavalry wrote:
Spoiler:
... which I'm sure would be some kind of roll but I'm not quite sure what... still, here's my best guesses:

Trying not to disturb the water/creatures
Stealth [7] + d20 [5] = 12

Looking for a good target
Perception [7] + d20 [17] = 24

Strike!
Dexterity [4] + d20 [17] = 21

Spoiler:
You guess quite well.

Nadir isn't quite the stealthiest of hunters, but it looks like most of the fish don't care. It looks like the bigger fish favor the center of the river, or at least away from the shore, so Nadir kind of has to wade into the river. After a few moments, it reaches an optimal vantage point, and strikes, succeeding in catching what looks to be a large and juicy fish.
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1727
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum