Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Zarhon on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:00 pm

"If you are so distressed by this, perhaps you should move your power base somewhere less populated place? Perhaps make a castle somewhere far away from the living? A castle in the desert perhaps?"

"A desert? What do I look like to you, a Mummy?"

"No, no, we can't just ask him to pick up and move, not after all the work he's put into it. That would be rude." He turns back to Zilean now. "But, I do think this party has run its course a bit. After party can start soon, but for that... I think we need to get rid of the less necessary party guests. Our lightbringer pals can go wait outside, and your creaky, bony buds can dust off...." He keeps watching Zilean, a black tendril snaking its way down his arm once again. "I mean, after all, if we WERE fighting, its not like they'd do you any good. They'd just get in your way, knock things over, make a mess, and its not like you NEED their help. Right?"

"My 'bony buds' aren't here for my benefit, actually, so they'll stay right where they are. But you are correct as well that I don't need them, of course - they are far from clumsy, though! Just look a Joe!", he replies with another snap of the bony fingers, prompting one of the skeletons to balance on one leg, as a monk would exercise.

You can shoo your yellow-and-gold voiced friends of yours, though. They're too much of tools to enjoy the party anyway. Oh, and I saw what you did there, mr. Deep Throat.

You got his attention (enough for Rolf), but the skeletons are still there (he nat20'd the 'psychic' opposing roll, sadly). Do you peeps want the paladins to leave, or 'make a speech', since it's not needed anymore?
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Well, they can feign or actually be offended that Horizon told them to leave, and then make a speech how they are there to purge Zilean's wickedness. They are holy, lawful paladins, after all.

"Can't fault a party from trying. But it's true they get under our feet a lot, despite Joe's apparent dexterity. Rather an annoying bunch, even before they 'shed some weight'. One might even make the observation that since they don't have their own skin, they try to get under ours. And now they can't even attempt a decent repartee." She emphasises this with a dismissive flick of one hand and sliding her other hand into trouser pocket. "Believe me, I've tried. Although, you're providing enough banter to cover them, us, the town and half of the Silken Empire. Hats off to you."

I will also seek attention.
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:58 pm

"Ooooooh, sick burns from the fair lady!", the lich hollers, his skeletons mimicking whistling and 'oooh's, at the now peeved paladins.

Siph is the first to reply: "As much as you seem to obviously desire us leaving," *he gives a dirty look to Horizon and Jeraylia* -we know better than to leave you alone with... whatever it is that insane monster is trying to do! We'll have no part of his bloody, sick stupidities either, out of choice and order. Know that if threaten us in ANY way, Lich, you'll feel fury that will easily make up for your years of idle imprisonment! You, and whatever you've got lurking within those metallic confines will meet the same, swift, fate."
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:12 pm

"Hey!" Horizon snaps at the Paladin. "Don't interrupt while the grown-ups are talking. Nobody here believes you have the power to back up those words, so unless you can prove it, then shut up."

Persuasion, taunting Siph into proving it by attacking the Lich. Either he does damage or we get rid of the paladins. Win/Win.
No bonuses though, lame. WHO GIVES A SHIT NAT20. 20+12=32
Proof: http://i.imgur.com/qjOOtMR.png
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Rolf decided that Zilean was sufficiently distracted by the others for him to enact his plan. He took the dragon's breath potion from the bench and the holy water he had gotten from the paladins and used his Telekinesis to start sending them both (CAREFULLY) up the tube into the "cube-o-fun".

He hoped this wasn't a horrible idea.

Edit: Alt-script time!

Zilean: So, I guess we're moving on to the "fighty" part of the evening. Well, then, I hope you're prepared to...what is that noise?
*Zilean turns to the cube of fun. The cube is starting to rattle a bit, like when he had sent potions in before. However, this time it doesn't seem to be settling down afterwards. He looks at Rolf standing in front of the tubing.*
Zilean: So, I see you've decided to try spiking the punch with holy water, Mr. Rolf. That was a most unwise...where's the dragon's fireblood?
*frantically searches the bench, then grabs Rolf by the shirt and starts yelling*
Zilean: Do you have ANY idea how much that stuff costs!?! My bombs, my amulet, my mirror, and now that potion; WHY DO YOU KEEP RUINING MY STUFF!?
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:27 pm

His patience sufficiently tested, Siph does something appropriately secular - he utilizes Horizon as an impromptu bludgeon.

Effect:
Smite Evil - Enhanced Edition
Deal 1d8 + 3d12 damage to all the skeletons. Horizon takes double the d8 as life loss, and 'enhances' the attack (see below).

Horizon rolls the following, DC22 passes:
Athletics - To double the total damage of the 'Smite'.
Acrobatics - To include Zilean in the damage and get a PiP for his next combat encounter.
Endurance - To halve his own life loss.

1d8 = 7 dmg
3d12 = 5+2+12 = 19 dmg

Rolled in Skype /w Bronymous - 31, 28, 18, all but Endurance pass. Horizon takes 14 life loss and gets a pip boost for next, skellies/Zilean take 2*26 dmg,

With the chaos erupting, Rolf easily sneaks his two vials past Zilean's notice, pouring both into the metallic tubing, sending it straight for the cube.

Utilizing Horizon's sturdy armor and pointy ends (whilst he himself does his best to make the best of a interesting position), the paladin-bludgeon duo effectively annihilate all the skeletons, and even strike Zilean with enough force to break a contingent personal force-field he set up for himself for such an outburst. The resulting blow to the chest results in a loud crack of bone, followed by a few crushed rib-bones falling from under his robes.

Zilean picks up one of his bones, and uncannily makes a facial gesture that should be impossible for a skull to do.
"Well then. "Fighty" it is, then! Well, right after I get the final surprise up - no point keeping it waiting, everyone waiting ages for this, I imagine. Now, you probably know what the potion behind me happens to be-", he says, pointing behind him to the now-empty fireblood vial, "-given that one of you wise-guys decided to try mix it up with my other stuff. Very clever, using my most volatile substance like that. And what a chemical mix-up that would be...

As he continues speaking, the metallic box starts to glow and shudder. Heat rises in the tent.

Why, even in a ideal and controlled scenario, the resulting explosion would be quite incendiary and catastrophic, and our boxed-up-buddy hardly counts as an ideal, let alone controlled. As such, pouring said substance into said boxy would be self-threatening, stupid, beyond ludicrous, and beyond any justification of sanity.", he says, seizing the empty flask and 'pouring' it into the machine. It once again takes him a moment to notice Rolf's trickery.

"Ah, but it seems one of you already did that for me.", he calmly states, as the metallic box starts to glow and rattle like mad. "And you added something extra too! I should be furious at your communal busting-things-up-titude, and yet... I'm not even mad, that's amazing! Far more interesting than your "fighty" business now. I wonder what's next?", he asks with apparent curiosity, as the metallic box's walls start denting and melting, both inwards and outwards, along with some loud hissing and projectile-like dislodging of metal bolts and nails.

So, I'm gonna need y'all to tell me EXACTLY what you're characters are going to do now.

Also, to save time - roll initiatives for impending [fun stuff].

I'm also considering giving one or more of you control over the paladins combat actions for the [fun stuff]. You can get them engaged better than I can, I think.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:31 am

I've been holding onto this the whole campaign, mentioning it in inventory conversations, and now it's time to use it.

"Something completely random," Jeraylia answers, pulling an item out of her pocket and pegging it at the lich. She then dives for cover.

It was a packet of flour (link very relevant) XD. I don't know how Zilean would react to an item being thrown at him, but I expect it to explode in a cloud of powder around him any whichway.
Hoping to blind (if he does in fact need to see from eye sockets) and/or confuse Zilean . He doesn't seem the sort to get angry Very Happy.
Alternatively, it could combust, or something, from a Rolf-patented fireball or other explosion. Or at least give Zilean a nice, crispy outer coating.

I suggest legging it to a safe distance.
Init roll: 10.
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Rendered speechless by the sheer...  absurdity and effectiveness of what Siph did, Zthulan could only gape.  Only when the metal began to fly did he begin to look for cover.

Do we even HAVE any cover in this place?

Initiative: 20
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Horizon stays on the floor once the Paladin drops him. Putting all his willpower in resisting the urge to kill him on the spot for that, he just stands up. As everyone else looks for cover, he just glances at the box, and then glares up at Zilean. "Well? Looks like your party is falling apart."

I'm not diving for cover because I need like 1 more damage done to make me bloodied so I can go way harder. Also, closer to KO, so closer to more awesome.
Init: 5
Hmm. Maybe should have gone for cover.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:51 am

This had not been a good idea. Doing what the villain was planning to do anyway was never a good idea.

Not knowing how long before the cube went critical, Rolf knocked over the table with the lab equipment on it to use as cover and dove down, curled into a ball and covered the back of the neck with his hands.

This had not been the first time he had been in a lab experiment gone wrong.

Rolling Initiative...14.
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17 pm

The flour isn't very effective at eye irritation, but it does appear to distract the Lich from Siph, as he tries to dust himself off. "Now why'd you go and do that then? Do you just carry a packet of flour to strike people with it? And they call me crazy!", he rants. Siph uses the moment to safely disengage, ordering his comrades to run.

"We probably shouldn't be standing here without some protective goggles. Oh well." the Lich rants to Horizon, moments before the metallic cube catastrophically explodes.

Both Horizon and Lich, standing idle near the epicenter, take the full brunt of the blow. The blast-wave knocks Horizon straight out of the tent, fire engulfing him, and shrapnel tearing into his armor like blows from a hammer. The combined trauma knocks him out cold.

Rolf, hidden behind the desk, avoids most of the shrapnel and the blast-wave's shock, but the licking flames manage to set fire to his clothing.

The others, running like mad out of the tent, avoid the worst of the explosion, but a few errant metal shards fly in their direction like daggers.

The explosion fairly easily overwhelms the magic barrier surrounding the tent, which vanishes. The tent's fabric follows suit, practically disintegrating in place or floating up high from the hot air, like a balloon, landing as mere burnt tatters.

As everyone gets their bearings from the shock, their ears ringing slightly, they hear the Lich laughing, but it's not apparent from where in the chaos. The uncanny hiss, gurgling, and bloating of fire and flesh, however, draws their attention to a much larger issue.

The monstrosity is free...:
You see this, roughly house-sized, and wholly on fire, with no sign of the fire stopping.

No longer contained by the walls of the cube, the monstrosity 'spills' to engulf a wide area. A great stench of burnt and rotten decay fills the nostrils. An oozing monster, standing almost as tall as the surrounding square's houses, the color of pure filth, threatens all present. Within it, hundreds, if not thousand, of grisly humanoid remains swirl as though ingredients in some grotesque cannibal's soup. Several of them shriek a shrill female voice, silenced as they are muffled within the 'body' of the monstrosity. A majority lash and reach for anything living and moving.

The alchemical concoction's affects are readily apparent:
From the fireblood, the beast burns with the fury of a bonfire, but the damage from the fire seems sluggish - slower than it's own movements, yet the heat is intense enough to scald as one merely comes near. It's an un-living wildfire, and there's only so much room between it and the town's buildings proper...
The holy water seems to have had its own unique effect as well, as the beast messily sheds off almost a quarter of its mass, which rapidly 'decomposes' into a puddle of inert goo.

The monster wobbles in place, slow to recover from the massive explosion it produced. It's now, or never.

*Combat*

- The ones that ran for cover (NPCs excluded) take 1d10 damage, halved with a relevant DC18 check to try avoid/mitigate it.

- Rolf is undamaged, but starts the fight with 1d6 ongoing damage (save ends).

- Horizon is KO'd with minus 1d10 hp. He keeps his one pip he earned earlier when he gets healed. He can't act until he makes a DC25 endurance check to recover, but he can be healed or helped with the check by others. DC gets easier by 4 every attempt.

- The monstrosity is currently on fire. This can be influenced, and affects combat.

- Zilean hasn't revealed himself, but he is somewhere near.

Initiative:
20 - Zthulan
14 - Rolf
10 - Jerry
5 - Horizon (KO'd)
Last - Flaming Monstrosity (burning)

Paladins are still recovering first round (also, if anyone's controlling them, say so now - they've got 9, 8 and 3 in initiative).

Zthulan has the first move.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Combat Talents:
[+1] Invigorating Strike - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature and target ally gains 5 temporary hit points.

[+2] Shamanistic Brew (Healing Salve) [Polished by Daniel Berke] - Standard Utility
Target ally regains 1d10+2 hp.

[-3] Amazing Grace - Standard Utility [Created by Azureink]
Up to six target creatures gain 1d12+2 hp.

[-3] Miracle – Free Utility
Target unconscious ally regains 3d12 hp.

[-6] Second Sunrise - Standard Utility
You and up to five allies gain 2d12 hp and may make a saving throw with a +5 bonus.
Recovering from the blast, Zthulan begins chanting a few minor spells to bolster himself before the battle begins proper.  Shaking the ringing from his head he checks on Jeraylia, handing her one of his brews.  While the rest of the party reorients itself, Koras dives towards the monster.

Acrobatics to avoid most of the shrapnel: 3 + 7 = 10, failure.
Damage from Blast: 8
Combat Log:
[+2] Shamanistic Brew (Healing Salve) [Polished by Daniel Berke] - Standard Utility
Target: Jeraylia
Heal: 5 + 2 = 7

[0] Bite - Standard Attack
The Conjurer’s Pet deals 1d6 damage to target creature
Target: Flaming Monstrosity
Damage: 1
Zthulan: 22 + 2(Lifebound Armor) = 24 Hp
Temporary: 4 (Amulet of Protection)
Pips: 4 + 2 = 6

Koras: 15 HP
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:29 am

Ima just step in, even though it's Lynt's go, since I'm really only going to do Gather Energy
1d10 fire damage roll:  1
Wow... I'm not even going to dodge.

The explosion erupts behind Jeraylia moments after she exits the tent, chunks of fire and brimstone shooting past her. Shrapnel seems to Skitter and bounce everywhere except where she is. A burning fridge furrows its away across the ground, overtaking her on the left, until it crushes against the camp's palisade, its sciency and nutritional goodness once more lost to the world, an early warning of the risks of speeding. And yet none of this disturbs Jeraylia's slow march towards cheaper seating. Finally, she halts, turning around dramatically, her cape wildly billowing against the ferocious heat. She begins to say something that was surely to become an instant classic, but is interrupted by her dragonborn companion.
"Thank you, Zthulan. I could use a refreshment."
She downs the flask, and tries to remember what she was about to say, but the moment is gone, and so is her memory. "Oh, well. I'll write it down next time."

Combat Talents:
[+1] Invigorating Strike - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature and target ally gains 5 temporary hit points.

[+2] Mocking Melody - Standard Utility
Target creature is subjected to your mocking melody (save ends). A creature subjected to your mocking melody suffers 1d8 damage whenever they roll a 4 or lower on a d8, d10 or d12.

[+1] Think Up Witty Line (Gather Energy) - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

[-2] Bad Evil Monster, You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself (Condemn) - Standard Utility
Target creature is subjected to your Condemnation (save ends). In addition, you may use the following combat talent.
[0] Condemnation - Reaction Attack
Trigger - A creature subjected to your “Condemnation” makes an attack.
 Effect - Deal 1d8 damage to that creature.

[-3] Misdirection – Interrupt Attack
Trigger – An enemy damages you with a combat talent.
Effect - A random enemy takes the damage instead.

Combat Log:
[+1] Think Up Witty Line (Gather Energy) - Standard Utility
On your next turn, you may take 2 standard actions. You cannot use this talent two turns in a row.

Result: Jeraylia takes a quick swig (healing her 1 damage) and is reminded of a song. Everything is coming up Jeraylia.
Jeraylia:
HP: 30/30
Pips: 4 + 1 = 5
Effects: 4 resist. Feel's like a boss.
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Rolling 1d6 ongoing...5. Bleh.

Rolf slowly picked himself up from behind the table (or rather, what was left of it), and looked up at the abomination. The stench made him want to gag, but what really struck him was the screaming. The idea that something might still be "alive" in that mess was...not pleasant. This thing needed to be taken out, and fast.

"I think Adara might be needed for this one," he said as he charged up his magical energies. Looking over at the inert pile of goo, Rolf was glad that he had done SOMETHING right. But he was curious as to how the abomination was reacting to the fire potion. Was it taking damage, or was it merely able to put more sting into its attacks?

Standard Action:

[+1] Gather Energy - Standard Utility

Rolling Perception on fire's effect on abomination...16 (1d20) + 7 = 23

Stats:

HP: 30 -5 ongoing + 4 Regen = 29
Pips: 5
Rolling save ends...17 (pass)

OOC: I believe that Rolf was the last one with the water gun. Which might be perfect for this boss battle.
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:08 pm

A casual observation lets Rolf tell that the monstrosity is indeed being damaged by the flames, as is any segment or mass originating from it. However, the flames are getting worse as they burn (as is the creature's self-destruction), the mass acting as fuel, and the heat is already starting to take a toll on everyone nearby or in contact with it. At the rate at which it's burning, it could easily start a city-wide fire, long before it 'runs out of fuel'.

Waiting for Horizon's input.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Horizon takes the blast like a champ, only passing out momentarily- before a familiar, cold, dark energy surges through him, icing his veins, tensing his muscles, and snapping him awake again. He stands up, seemingly calm, but taking short, rapid breaths. Looking around at the fire and flesh, blackness reaches from his hand and grabs his scimitar wrapping it up, turning it into the blade of a terrifying scythe. After a moment, though, his breathing calms, and he can now focus on the monster at hand.

See what had happened was...:

Horizon reduced to -1d10= -10 HP.

Prior to start of his turn:
Phoenix Rising
Once per day, if you are below 0 hp, you may gain 3d12 hp.
3d12=6+6+1=13 HP

Endurance Save: 17+10=27

HP: 13
Pips: 1

BTW, if I was allowed to use Gather Energy this turn, next turn would have been STUPID.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 pm

The monster shambles, a pair fiery mounds of goo suddenly erupting from its mass, landing with a grisly squish on the floor! They both seem to be a groaning mass of limbs and broken bones, which skitter with uncanny swiftness for Rolf and Jeraylia! Meanwhile, the searing heat is taking it's toll on those present...

Combat:
Monstrosity (On Fire)

Trait - Searing Heat
Causes 3 life loss to ALL other creatures at the start of its turn, but takes double that amount itself. This effect increases by +2 each round the fire lasts. A nearby building will catch on fire if this rises up to +10. Some attacks and abilities may be empowered or enabled by this trait, others are mitigated. This trait can be influenced by others (increased, decreased, reset, or removed).

Disgorge - Standard Utility
Disgorge a dangerous ally from yourself. These are summoned randomly from a limited pool, of 1d6 types. The boss loses hp for each summon. All summons are considered adjacent to Monstrosity.

1d6 = 3
Summons Two Aberrant Flesh-piles.

Aberrant Flesh-piles attack Rolf & Jeraylia, who lose 1d4+1 hp and get equal vuln until end of Monstrosity's turn.
1d4+1 = 2

Summary: Everyone takes 3 hp loss, fire is at 5. Boss summons 2 Abberant Fleshpiles, which give Rolf & Jeraylia 2 hp loss and vuln 2 for a round.

The paladins manage to recover from concussive blow the explosion dealt them, and join the fight. Even Stanley, clearly injured, rushes in, followed by a peeved-off Bob. "Come back you fool, you're still injured and-GREAT SAINT'S SHOELACES W-W-WHAT IS THAT THING?!"

Paladins join up. Bob is (wisely) standing nowhere near the fight.

Initiative:
Zthulan
Rolf
Jeraylia
Pala1 (Horizon-controlled)- 27 hp
Pala2 (Siph) - 27 hp
Horizon
Pala3 - 27 hp
Pala4 (Stanley) - 10 hp
MONSTROSITY
2x Abberant Fleshpiles

None of the paladins start with pips. Still no sign of Zilean, though he's obviously somewhere around here...
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:11 am

As the inferno grows, it battered all but one layer of protections, Zthulan quickly tries to bring the most wounded to a more stable condition.

"Take control of the flames!"

Combat:
Target: Pala4 (Stanley)
Heal 3 + 2 = 5
Zthulan: 24 + 2 (Lifebbound Armor) = 26
Temporary: 4 - 3 = 1
Pips: 6 + 2 = 8

Koras: 15 - 3 =12

OOC: Rolf, you're up to bat!
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Zarhon wrote: Even Stanley, clearly injured, rushes in, followed by a peeved-off Bob. "Come back you fool, you're still injured and-GREAT SAINT'S SHOELACES W-W-WHAT IS THAT THING?!"

"That's the reason we came back to this miserable encampment, to take this monstrosity down," Rolf said. "Keep your eyes open for Zilean as well, he's still bound to be somewhere." Rolf scanned around quickly to see if he could get any hint as to where the lich had gone.

Rolling Perception to see if Rolf can find Zilean...18 (1d20) + 7 = 25

Bronymous wrote: Looking around at the fire and flesh, blackness reaches from his hand and grabs his scimitar wrapping it up, turning it into the blade of a terrifying scythe. After a moment, though, his breathing calms, and he can now focus on the monster at hand.

"...Um, Horizon, you doing okay?". Rolf was a bit concerned that Horizon seemed to rise from the blast and get infused with dark energy. However, since Horizon seemed to be focusing on the monster (rather than, say, the rest of the party), Rolf was willing to leave an in-depth discussion of his problems until a point where they weren't in lethal danger.

Rolf considered that this approach was how he had mentally dealt with Horizon since they had met.
Azarune wrote: "Take control of the flames!"

"I'm on it!" Rolf pulled out the water gun he had gotten from Bob back at the temple. Charging up its energy, he started spraying water at the monstrosity, hoping to bring down the searing heat that it was emanating from the abomination.

Standard Action 1:

[+1] Bob's Liquid Extinguisher - Standard Utility
Deducts 4+1d4 damage from the 'Searing Heat' trait, up to extinguishing at 0. Loses same amount of water from its stock.
You don't know what might happen if used when it's empty, or how much is left...
Rolling...4 + 3 (1d4) = 7
Used stock: 7/???

Rolf then set up a shield spell so he could prepare to summon Adara uninterrupted.
Standard Action 2:

[+2] Shield Spell (Perfect Focus) - Standard Utility
You gain resist 3 until the end of your next turn. At the start of your next turn, if you have not taken damage since you last used this ability, you gain 2 more energy.

Stats:

HP: 29 -5 + 4 Regen = 28
Pips: 8
Status: Vul 2 (until start of monstrosity's turn), Resist 3 (until start of Rolf's next turn), Regen 4

Last edited by Lyntermas on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:45 pm

"Bob, I need you to do your barrier trick. If you can see within the swirling masses, there are three of my brethren. Our unique properties of devahood are being corrupted to power the beast's regeneration. Nasty stuff. If you can isolate them from the monster, it may reduce its necromantic fuel-source and result in it losing cohesion of itself. You think that's doable? For I fear mere blades and arrows won't distress the beast greatly."

She then steps closer to the undead heap and stands ready with her sword drawn to slice at any incursive tendrils and defend Bob. Despite her uneasy words, her back is proud and and bold stanzas begin to roll off her tongue.

"Hark, here comes what seems the final battle
betwixt the storyteller and his cast.
But whose will be the tale of triumph, here;
which legacy endure, evermore to last?

Perhaps the gloomy, lifeless yarn, you say,
of Zilean, that bonehead raconteur?
And I say nay; forsooth, give heed and hear:
No stupid lich is
going to get away with his stupid plan, you stupid dumbass stupidface.

Ahem."

Working up the final act. Time to be a bard.

Combat Log:
Target creature is subjected to your mocking melody (save ends). A creature subjected to your mocking melody suffers 1d8 damage whenever they roll a 4 or lower on a d8, d10 or d12.
Target: Monstrosity.

Target: Zilean.

Result: Mocking Melody on Monstrosity and Zilean (mebbe?). Counting on the fact that it's sound based. Minor, swapping out condemn for royal command.

Jeraylia:
HP: 25/30
Pips: 4 + 1 = 9
Effects: 4 resist. 2 vulnerability end/turnMnstrty
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Such a terrifying beast. Fire and flames and flesh. And Fear. Horizon can feel it, a swirling mass of terror settled over the battlefield. They were scared. They are afraid. Good.

Which one, which one... ah, you. Still watching the monstrosity, he finds the weak once, the scared one. Holy Aura merely a dull glow, his mind's defenses are swept away like dust on an old chest, opening to reveal what is sought.

The Paladin, adrenaline fueling through him, suddenly feels a sense of cool calm- like something he was afraid of simply ceased to exist. As if he were outside his body, it's like he can see himself begin to act, working quickly, muttering a chant and raising a holy symbol. His Blessing spreads out, infecting the Monster, infecting the Lich, infecting the one who should be a man, but all he can see is a shadowy mass... ice cold terror grips him, even as his body continues to work, with or without this consent.

Note: Horizon's "actions" during this turn are just flavoring for me controlling the Paladin's turn. It's already been established he can mind control people, so this is just a cutscene version of that.

Paladin's turn:
[+2] Blessing - Standard Utility
Pick three creatures. Living targets receive +2 to their next saving throw. Undead targets receive a penalty instead.
Targets: Monster, Zilean, Horizon.

HP: 29? Idk
Pips: 2
I actually have a plan, here...
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Bob's extinguisher sputters water like a charm, dispensing a large amount of liquid at the monstrosity. Though the fires don't relevent that easily, the sheer volume manages to completely extinguish it, the heat dispersing with it. The monstrosity shambles with a bit more vigor now, though...

"I'm no bonehead! I'm a skullhead. Learn the difference! And flattery won't get you anywhere, lady!", Zilean yells, appearing into sight.

It appears he wasn't unscathed by the explosion: his entire left arm, and a portion of his skeletal foot, is missing, ending in a mildly charred stump of bone, barely visible under surprisingly undamaged clothing.

"Don't suppose any of you could give me a hand, eh? I appear to have lost mine, hahahah!", he cackles madly, rattling similar to maracas. "I must say, that fireblood sure did heat things up with the ol' beastie! Better undying through chemisty, I'd say! And look, it's already made some friends! Isn't that just puke-your-intestines adorable."

As one of the paladins opts to inflict a holy blessing onto Zilean, he suddenly recoils. "Oh noes! Not one of the holy marionettes holy holiness! My one weakness! I am undone! Defeated! Powerless!", he yells, dramatically, slowly floating down to ground level, and falling to what's available of his knees.

Combat:
What a Cruel, Cruel World - Special
Zilean suffers 10 Vulnerability until the end of his next turn...?

Siph applies a shielding ward to Stanley, before yelling in Horizon's direction: "My words are backed. Your turn!"
"Oooh, do I sense the budding of a friendship? Or a bitter rivalry, perhaps?"
"SHUT UP YOU MONSTROUS JESTER!"

Ward:
1d10 = 10 temporary hp for Stanley

Zilean's showed up, he's right after Monstrosity in initiative. Horizon's (proper) turn.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:02 pm

"Is it?" No, not yet, not scared enough... "Hmm, no, I think I'll hold off. You're a big strong Paladin, I'm sure you can handle it." Horizon holds back, resting his scythe on his shoulder, and stands to the side, as if to watch the battle, rather than partake in it.

Gotta use Gather Energy here, otherwise I'll be at half strength and completely dead. Since I'm not relying on being bloodied just yet, I could probably do with a small buff to keep me going.

HP: 10
Pips: 2
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:56 pm

The other two paladins proceed, Stanley blessing his other allies, and the other smiting the abomination.

Paladins:
Pala3 - Smites Monstrosity for 24 damage.

Pala4 (Stanley) - Casts Blessings onto Rolf, Siph, and Zthulan.

The monstrosity, its composition no longer hampered by fire, attacks with unexpected speed, then disgorges a skeletal hound from it's innards! The hound, as well as the two fleshpiles, gang up on the party!

Monstrosity + Summons:
Trait - Slippery, Oily Slime
While extinguished, the Monstrosity gains another turn after its normal one.

Turn 1
Slimy Slam - Standard Attack

Deals 1d8 damage to all enemies. Extra effect if on fire.
1d8 = 5 damage to all

Save vs Mocking Melody - 3

Turn 2
Disgorge - Standard Utility

1d6 = 4
Summons a Skeletal Hound-Beast.

Save vs Mocking Melody - 14, removed

2x Abberant Fleshpiles
Target Horizon & Koras for 1 life-loss & vuln until next turn.

1x Skeletal Hound-Beast
Lunges (st. attack) for Jeraylia, dealing 1d6 damage and disabling her (as stunned) whilst it lives.
1d6 = 1 damage

Summary:All friendlies take 5 dmg, Skeleton Hound-Beast summoned, 1 life-loss/vuln for Horizon & Koras, 1 dmg to Jeraylia with stun-like effect.

Zilean, unmolested by anyone during his drama-fit, gets up from his knees. "Well, now I'm bored. Let's do something random.", he says, as he shoots magic at one of the smaller aberrations, inducing some transformation...

Zilean:
Mutating Magic - Targets Aberrant Fleshpile #1
The creature starts swelling like a sack full of disgusting puss and bile, and at an alarming rate... That's probably bad, right?

Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:46 pm

Feeling now is a good time to top everyone off Zthulan begins weaving a ritual.  Despite knowing Horizon's previous protest, he just survived an explosion without cover, demon or not that will take it's toll.  This spell isn't going to be that potent, he mutters as he watches the effects take place.

Koras, thoroughly annoyed at the numerous fleshlings that her shaman has met, fought, or healed, charges into the fray.  However most if it comes as vocal, with her questioning the birth, family, and sexual preferences of the surrounding audience.  Sadly only the spirits, Zthulan and perhaps Zilean were the only ones that could here this.

"Not now Koras!"

Combat:
[-3] Amazing Grace - Standard Utility [Created  by Azureink]
Up to six target creatures gain 1d12+2 hp.
Target: Jeraylia, Koras, Horizon, Pala Stanley, Pala1, and Pala2
Heal: 6 + 2 = 8

Bite: 1d6 Damage to Target
Target: Monstrosity
Damage: 1
Stats:
Zthulan: 26 - 5 + 2(Lifebound Armor) = 23
Pips: 8 - 3 = 5

Koras: 12 - 5 + 6 = 13
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard