Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 12 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Zarhon Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:46 am

Rolf is pretty sure it has no (easily distinguishable) verbal meaning, being magical. Its purpose beyond being a Command Word isn't clear enough. Horizon's pretty sure the phrase was malicious in intent.

Meanwhile, the Paladins, who were grim and serious up to this point, are starting to cheer up at the realization of what was accomplished. They go to assist Zthulan, who's having difficulty reviving Siph from the massive trauma he barely survive.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:30 am

"Well, in absence of an opponent, my contract ends," Adara says as she starts to fade away. "Catch you all later."

Rolf contemplated what had just happened. Zilean's spell might have been a trigger for him to leave his current body and have his soul transferred to his phylactery. The bad news was that if that was true, Zilean wasn't done yet, and so might regenerate later on. But for now, he wasn't in a position to directly harm anyone else this evening.

Looking over the damage Siph had taken (a Disintegrate spell isn't something you normally walk away from), Rolf said, "Well, I think we can call this a mission accomplished. Why don't we take Siph back to the cart and start heading back to the temple? After that, our party can head back to City Hall to tell everyone there what's happened."

"He...he is going to be okay, right?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:18 am

"Well see what we can do for now, but we should probably get him to better facilities." Jeraylia starts some holy chants to dissipate and dispel any lingering effects of dark magic. She weaves some mantras of invigoration into her words to bolster the shaman's energy and focus.

Assist roll for Zthulan: 19 + 9heal
Oh, nice, a 19 roll. might burn a lead by example:
Lead by Example(3):

Jeraylia's new assist roll: 20 ( 11 + 9heal )
Zthulan's new heal check roll: 36 ( 19 + 13heal + 4assist)
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:01 am

With Jeraylia's assistance, Siph manages to regain consciousness, but that's as far as it goes.

"What happe-Graaaah Saint almighty everything still hurts."

He doesn't appear to be in much of a walking condition. Two of the paladins, accustomed to carrying heavily-armored things, prop him up by the arms. They, along with the Devas, start to slowly walk away from the camp. Bob, on the other hand, surveys the 'battlefield' a bit.

"What a shame. I really wanted to visit the yesterday's faire, and now look what that mad thing's done to it, and the people, and animals and everything else...

"And left a colossal mess! I zink I will stay overnight to tidy tingzs up, if you don't mind, masters. Worry not, I'll be orderly witz everyzing.", Zephy pipes in.

"I think we'll need to sanctify this place as well, what with so much dead and goop. Hang on, what's this?"

Bob points at the curiosity - there appears to be a familiar skeletal hand on the ground, some distance away from where the explosion happened and where Zilean's head 'croaked'.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:42 am

"Woah, don't touch it. And don't ask it wishes. It could be like one of those shivelled up monkey hands from all the way out west that only bring down evil." Jeraylia retrieves her dropped bow and proceeds, using scientific method, to poke it from a distance. "I reckon we should take one of the knuckles. It'd really annoy him to have an odd length finger if he ever manages to reassembles himself, since he made it sound like that wasn't the last of him, the blighter. Could also use it as an indicator if the case does happen."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Zarhon wrote:"What a shame. I really wanted tour visit the yesterday's faire, and now look what that mad thing's done to it, and the people, and animals and everything else...

"I would have liked to have seen it too. I heard there was a drinking contest over here, but I decided to go see the play at the church instead and...well, you know the rest."

Zarhon wrote:"And left a colossal mess! I zink I will stay overnight to tidy tingzs up, if you don't mind, masters. Worry not, I'll be orderly witz everyzing.", Zephy pipes in.

Rolf sighs. "If you insist, Zephy. Let us know if you find anything valuable and/or dangerous while cleaning up, although I'm not sure what's actually left in this mess."

rhon""I think we'll need to sanctify this place as well, what with so much dead and goop. Hang on, what's this?"

Bob points at the curiosity - there appears to be a familiar skeletal hand on the ground, some distance away from where the explosion happened and where Zilean's head 'croaked'.
[/quote]

"Bob, is the santification something you and the paladins should do now, or wait for another team to set up tomorrow? As for the hand, it is a bit curious as to why it didn't disintegrate with the rest of Zilean's body when it detached from the head. Jeraylia, I don't think Zilean needs any part of his original body to regenerate from his phylactery...at least I don't think he does."

Rolf moved closer to the hand to see what kind of arcane knowledge he could glean from it.

Rolling Arcana... Natural 20! + 14 = 34. Proof
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:49 pm

On a cursory glance, the skeletal hand appears to be no more than just that - skeletal a hand. One that is admittedly very rigid, and appears to have it's digits fixed to display a very rude gesture. However with his magical expertise, Rolf realizes that this hand still contains magic within it, and with some morbid manipulation, can be used in a fashion identical to a wand.

This theory is quickly proven as he tests it out on Zilean's skull, the digit shooting a beam of hazardous magic, breaking the skull in half, and shattering the red, familiarly-glowing gem that was hidden within it. This immediately fizzles it's imminent detonation, and leaves a weird, red alchemical goo where the gem was, whilst the gem disintegrates like the rest of the bones did.

Rolf gained a combat/non-combat item!

'Wand' of the Lich [combat/non-combat item]
Combat weapon, 1/encounter, standard action
Trigger your d10 special move, but lose all your pips. Cannot use when you don't have pips.
Non-combat, 1/day
Choose one:
- Add another charge to an x/day ability.
- Amplify/expand/improve the effect of an at-will ability, once (effects vary).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:01 pm

"Well, that is a very good find for us." Zthulan states, giving the "wand" an odd but appreciative look. "So with Zephy's desire to clear this area and checking over for valuables, that leaves us to go and report back correct? I hope that Ox we used didn't run off..."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Horizon continues to sit, hand on his temple. "Did that skull have a bomb in it?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:45 pm

"...Well, that worked surprisingly well! I think I'll hold onto this; it could prove quite useful....well, useful for being the former limb of an undead lich. Zilean, I believe you are correct, and I for one will be happy to leave this blasted shell of a carnival."

A1C Bronymous wrote:Horizon continues to sit, hand on his temple. "Did that skull have a bomb in it?"

"...Actually, yes, that gem did seem on the verge of detonating, didn't it?....Wow, me picking the skull for target practice helped us luck out BIG time. Although, I can't help but think that the gem looked familiar somehow-"

WAYYYY back when we were exploring Zilean's grave:

"...Oh shit, that could've been bad. Does anyone have a bottle or something we could put that goo in?" Rolf tried to remember what he could to make sure that the gem he just struck was the same type as the amulet back in the caves.

Rolling History...18 (1d20) + 9 = 27

Rolling Arcana to better identify goo...16 (1d20) + 14 = 30.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:36 am

"I do." Horizon looks at the goo, considering its properties, and pulls out one of his handful of empty flasks.

I guess Streetsmarts(?) on the goo, with FK Alchemy.
27+10+5=30
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:02 am

With his alchemical prowess, Horizon deducts that the goo, probably as a result of magic being magic, is somehow 'growing', effectively replenishing itself, albeit at a very slow rate. Chemically, it seems to act like a hybrid of soft clay and a strong solvent.

New combat/non-combat thingy for Horizon!

Ruby Clay [combat/non-combat item]
Combat Trinket, Free Action, 2/day
When you roll for initiative, choose an enemy target.
That enemy is afflicted with Ruby Clay (save ends), which has different effects depending on initiative:
- If that enemy has higher initiative than you, you may act on the turn immediately before that enemy, instead of your normal initiative turn.
- If that enemy has lower initiative than you, they lose 1d4 hp for each attack.
Non-combat, 2/day
This clay sticks to almost any surface, can be shaped easily, and can quickly harden as a rubbery glue. The glue is strong enough to hold the weight of a humanoid, and absorbs blunt force. Each charge is roughly a gallon's worth. Fire and water makes it brittle and inert.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:24 pm

"Hmm, not very illuminating in regards to Zilean, but if you're able to get some use out of it, I suppose that's a plus." Rolf turned and started heading back toward the Ox Cart. "Everybody keep your eyes open for one last sweep. Jeraylia, you might try talking to the two Devas; I'm sure that they've got a bit to say." Rolf glanced around as he walked up to Bob. "So, what did you think of this little excursion?"

Rolling Perception for other out-of-the-ordinary things...16 (1d20) + 7 = 23.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:02 am

"I'm not 100% on what the stuff actually is, but I figure I can still throw it at someone and get something out of it." Horizon scoops up as much as he can, then replaces the vial in its pouch. "So can we go yet? I need a nap."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:00 am

Oh, that wascawwy Ziwean!

"Thanks for the save from the exploding gem, Rolf. I owe ya," Jeraylia says, standing up to give the wizard an appreciative kiss on the cheek. She rounds up the Devas and leads them to the ox cart. Once loaded, she strikes up a talk with them. "Tell me how you ended up in the mad mage's clutches? Please take your time if it's painful, but I think it's important for us to know, and for you to share."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:46 pm

The two girls answer, almost in unison:
"We were at the fair..."
"Then something loud happened and there was pain and we blacked out..."
"When I woke up, I saw them toss bodies into a metal scary cube, some purple robed people... They had swords. They saw me awake and..."
"And then..."

The girls scream and start crying like a wreck, provoking more hugs on each other again.

Rolf sees little else of note on the former battlefield - the fires have mostly extinguished by now. Looking at one of the nearby buildings, he notes that Skitter, the Kobold they left as a pseudo scout, isn't there anymore.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:39 am

Zthulan gives the Ox an appreciative pat before coming to a realization."Now that I think about it, that booby trapped skull was something I have come to expect from Zilean.  So far there was been a bone dragon... snake... thing, a death machine and now the skull.  He always seems to enjoy leaving surprises as he continues his plans."  Zthulan snorts, "Wouldn't be surprised if there is an ambush along the way at this point." He pauses, before knocking on the wooden cart a few times. "Knock of wood..."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:25 am

Zarhon wrote:Rolf sees little else of note on the former battlefield - the fires have mostly extinguished by now. Looking at one of the nearby buildings, he notes that Skitter, the Kobold they left as a pseudo scout, isn't there anymore.

"...Oh, wow, I just remembered about Skitter! Where did he go?" Rolf remembered that he had been left to keep watch of the fairgrounds while the group was recuperating at the temple, but that was a few hours ago. Maybe he was out doing more scouting. Maybe he had taken a look at the abomination that burst out of the tent and bailed....or maybe he had just gotten bored of the "saving the town for indefinite rewards" deal and bailed.

"Zephy, can you try to reach out to Skitter to see what's up?"

Azarune wrote: ."Now that I think about it, that booby trapped skull was something I have come to expect from Zilean.  So far there was been a bone dragon... snake... thing, a death machine and now the skull.  He always seems to enjoy leaving surprises as he continues his plans."  Zthulan snorts, "Wouldn't be surprised if there is an ambush along the way at this point." He pauses, before knocking on the wooden cart a few times. "Knock of wood..."

"I'm not so sure about the ambush, Azarune. Zilean is crafty, but there's a limit to how many contingency plans he can have set up for a particular scheme. Chances were that he expected us to perish either from the abomination, or by his own hands when he impersonated one of the paladins. It might be good to keep our eyes open, but I think even Zilean might call this a night."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:18 pm

"There, there. Let it out," Jeraylia cooes, enveloping both in her arms. Unsurprising, given what they've been through. I should let them have at least a night's sleep before pushing this any further. When they calm, she asks, "What are your names, Sisters?"

"Truth," Jeraylia agrees with Zthulan and Rolf. "Despite our tiredness, let's not invite danger. Still, I hope this is it for tonight."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:54 am

Didn't this mission start sometime before dawn? Or did we take a rest between what we did then and what we're doing now?

"Well I'm not completely passed out yet." Horizon stands up again and grabs his helmet, tucking it under his arm. He rubs his forehead. "Are we heading back to the church or the mayor's camp?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:30 pm

"Skitter is eizer ignoring me, or I'm too far away from him. Been like zat for some time. By the way, I may need a few hourz here. Zis isn't a quick-fix of a mess."

The sisters answer:
"Kayla Lily."
"Sourin Lil-kah!", the other begins, before she starts coughing, wheezing, and gasping, holding her own neck!

"Sis! What's wrong?!"

bounce
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Immediately Zthulan makes the Oxen halt.  "Bob, Take the reins!"  Handing the reins over he makes his way towards the incapacitated Deva and begins his diagnosis.

Heals: Nat20

Last edited by Azarune on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The link, it does nothing!)
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:53 am

"Hmmm," Horizon says dryly, almost bored. "see, you were expecting ambush, not a third trap inside one of the Devas." He stands back, watching and letting the healer do what he does, and glances around. "Let me know if you need me to Trache her."

Perception, looking out for actual ambush now that we're distracted.
13+10=23, +FK Illusions, if that.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Zthulan quickly identifies the problem - a foreign object is lodged in her throat, and cutting off air intake. She must have 'acquired' the blockage as a result of her Deva abilities and the horrific processes of the monstrosity she was trapped within.

He acts fast, fixing the issue with the Heimlich* maneuver, and causing her to eject some sort of trinket from her mouth... right into Jeraylia's hands. The girl gasps for breath, thanking Zthulan.

Jeraylia feels her voice become magically altered as she holds the icky thing - some kind of brooch, shaped to look like a 'rising star'.

Horizon's keen awareness of threats prevents a mosquito from biting him in one of his exposed arms.

*Originally the sounds uttered by the patient, following a successful maneuver, now falsely miss-attributed as the name of an exotic healer deity.

Jeraylia gets a trinket! You may want to wash it.

Rising Star Brooch [combat/non-combat item]
Combat Trinket, Reaction, 1/encounter
After using Mocking Melody, Condemn, or Demand Duel on a target, you can cause its effects to 'spread' to another 1d4+1 targets, but you are dazed for two rounds (Condemn's reaction effect is excluded from this).
Non-combat, 2/day
You can alter the pitch and volume of your voice, allowing potential audiences to better hear you for 5 minutes. When using this to communicate with a group and/or over a longer distance, you gain a +3 to the relevant skill checks, but also suffer an equal penalty to anything stealth-related.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:51 am

Rolf gave a sigh of relief as Sourin started breathing again. "Good save there, Zthulan! It'd have been a shame to lose someone to choking after they managed to survive that blasted abomination." He looked over at Jeraylia, who was holding the broach. "...That might need to be cleaned a bit."

"As for Horizon's question, I think that we should head over to the town hall to rest up, and let the Paladins take the sisters back to the temple and debrief the High Priest as to what transpired. Unless there are any objections?"

Rolf tried to remember how to get back to the house that hid the entrance to the secret underground hideout they'd been given.

Rolling Streetsmarts...13 (1d20) + 10 = 23
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next