[WL] Discussion and Suggestion of Wanderlust's combat mechanics and Powers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [WL] Discussion and Suggestion of Wanderlust's combat mechanics and Powers

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:05 am

An easy suggestion that MUST be put in the GM guide when it comes to Monsters, REGARDLESS of any system: Spreadsheets are all combat's friend... Use them for an easy cheat-sheet to quickly change the values as the combat moves forward. Also try to keep a timer of some type in play. Be it a Real-World or a type of Round Limit... To help add in a "third outcome" to the battles. Biggest thing I hate with the combat. (mostly at Pony Tales combat at this point, but I fail to see how it'd be really all that different in Wanderlust Combat they're basically the same, well in how I'd picture they'd feel to me) Is that there is only TWO outcomes that happen. One the PCs take all enemy targets = THE ONLY EVER win state that ends combat, and depending on how the combat flowed and went, it could feel like a very hollow victory or worse I've personally seen. Enemies deal a total party KO = THE ONLY lose state that ends combat... Adding a timer or "limit" to something that'll happen in the combat that'd be narratively seen as a "draw" type of deal, would be a very wise option that should be talked about for GMs and PCs alike.
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: [WL] Discussion and Suggestion of Wanderlust's combat mechanics and Powers

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:40 am

That's a great point about adding wrinkles to combat on timer. It does a lot of great work for adding variety to missions and preventing infinite stall tactics.

Looking for an artist right now, one that would be excited to work with me and Kindulas in creating a superhero comic. If you're interested, know anyone that might be interested, or just want to give the script for our first issue a read - enjoy the link below.

My Comic Project
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top