The League [IC]

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:25 pm

"Dammit."Iron Maiden muttered. Oblivious to everything else, she jumped up and kicked Hammer backwards, hoping ot knock him off balance and getting him in position for a finishing blow.

turn+status:
Well,  that's a bummer. But hopefully, I get to use my overkill attack and finally get some adrenaline going. Assuming we don't take him out this turn, or "Staticaster" doesn't come in and kill us all soon.

[+1] Challenging Strike - Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 1d12 damage to target creature and Challenge it until the end of your next turn.

d12:11

Deal 11 damage to Hammer ( again with no crits Sad )

Avengers challenge still on Wall.

HP: 62
Energy:4
Status: Normal


Last edited by mjh6 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Yuri seems to stagger back from the collision, but abruptly surges forward, moving behind Hammer as Iron Maiden knocks him back. He leaps into the air and lashes out with a kick to the back of Hammer's head, connecting with a quiet crunching noise. "Ash, get the hostages away from the door!" He shouts, realizing moments later why that was a good idea.

I didn't know I could do that.

OOC:
Feel free to ignore the inner monologue.
Using [+2] Illusion of Health - Standard Action
Target creature gains 10 life and is subjected to your Illusion of Health (save ends). When that creature successfully saves against your Illusion of Health, it loses 10 life and you gain 2 energy.
I'm going to gain 10 health, for now.

Then my rage spirit deals 2 damage to hammer, and explodes. So 22 damage to Hammer

Saving throw vs. health: 1d6=2. I keep my health.

HP: 47
Energy: 3
Status: Illusion (+10 HP)
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:33 pm

"Oh c'mon, they're not that close." Ash takes a few quick cracks at Wall's cube, then leaps away and shuffles the hostages off to the side.

OOC:

[+3] Guard Break - Standard Action (Opener, Single)
Target creature loses all Armor and Resistance until the end of this turn.

[-1] Backfist - Reaction (Attack, Combo, Single)
Trigger - You use an Opener power
Effect - Deal 3 damage to target creature.

[-3] Super-Combo-KO - Reaction (Attack, Finisher, Single)
Trigger - You use a Combo power.
Effect - Deal 2d6 damage to target creature. For each 6 you roll, gain 3 energy.

3+2+5=10

Life: 90
Energy: 4

I'm not entirely sure what the mechanical effect of whatever Wall did there is but I figure I might as well try to get around it.

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Phoenix activates his comms, directing his inquiry to their aircraft that he hoped was still reasonably nearby, but broadcasting so everyone can hear the warning: "Eyes on, I have an incoming. Airborne, Fast mover, heading this way with a purpose. Unidentifiable, can our eye in the sky check it out?" Without any Anti-Air capabilities, he just waits, concentrating.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:47 pm

As Scratch looked off in the distance, he hailed everyone on the communication channel.  The object was a thin, cylindrical metal platform with a 25 foot diameter and three pods on the edges. Iron Maiden was able to immediately recognize this description as belonging to one of Staticaster's various hovercraft.  One of the pods shot a beam of energy at Phoenix while another launched a small satellite that hovered over a light pole and started to glow...

Outdoor OOC:
The platform has an initiative of 20. Phoenix needs to roll initiative.
Phoenix takes 15 damage. [Pod A]

Technically, the transport is hovering over the roof not far from where Phoenix and Scratch are.  Trying to figure out the right course of action since while it would feel off for it to be totally unarmed, I also want to mostly focus on the player characters.



Wall's glowing cube shattered upon Ash's precisely aimed blows.  However, as she went to go attend the hostages, all the lights in the bank went out.  "Hit the deck!" The vault door exploded out and Staticaster dashed out carrying a safe deposit box.  "I got what I came for.  Let's go, NOW!" "But what about the mone..." "If you can grab it.  Otherwise, I suggest we just hit something else later." With no objections, Hammer swiftly tossed her onto his shoulder and ran towards the back exit, crashing past Yuri and Iron Maiden like a linebacker.  Wall shrugged at Iron Maiden, "Better luck next time small fry." He then shoved a clear wall at her to push her backwards, levitated a sack of money with a glowing cube, winked at Ash, then took off running behind Hammer.

Indoor OOC:
Yes, Ash guessed correctly and Wall had gained Armor.
Yuri and Iron Maiden take 10 7 damage. [attack - Hammer]
Iron Maiden takes 10 damage and is Challenged. [attack - Wall]

And now comes the decision. Shall you stick with the hostages or give chase?  OOC, I'm having Scratch stay behind with the hostages after the villains get outside, if they make it that far.  Not making you roll skill checks for the chase, just letting you flavor it...for now.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:04 pm

This post deleted at the request of the poster.


Last edited by sunbeam on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:09 pm

Iron Maiden barely felt the blows, and al she saw was red, and Staticaster getting away.

"Oh no, you don't!" she said, almost to herself, before launching herself right at Hammer. She was too gone to focus on specific moves. The closest thing she had to a plan was hoping to slam him into a wall and knock hims off his feet.

Turn+Status:
Looks like Iron Maiden's going to be a bezerker after all. Here's hoping my guess was right this time, and this takes out Hammer. Also, Zamuel said we didn't have to roll skill checks to keep up, so My first thought was we were still in combat. I'll change if I'm wrong, though...

[-3] No Kill Like Overkill - Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 5d8 damage to target creature. For every 2 damage you dealt more than the creature’s remaining life, gain 1 Adrenaline.
5d8: 3,4,2,8,6

Deal 23 damage to Hammer.

Bezerker's Fury!

[8] Special
Gain 2d4 Adrenaline and deal 3 damage to yourself.
2d4:3,1

Gain 4 Adrenaline (so close...)

HP:42
Energy:1
Adrenaline:4
Status: Bloodied and pumped!

avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Yuri felt awake, and more alive than he had in decades. He shot towards Hammer and Staticaster, neatly cutting around Iron Maiden's form--was she moving slowly or was he moving fast--In one zigzag step. As Hammer slammed into the wall, eyes fluttering, Yuri had exactly one target. He reached down and firmly gripped the safety deposit box--the world was definitely moving slowly--And pulled as hard as he could, expecting magnetic resistance from Staticaster.

OOC:
Might Check (using HS&J (since there's no athletics anymore, this seemed like a good substitute)):
3d10+8=5+8+9+8=30. If that's not enough, throw my magic point on top.
If I do get the box from her, I am getting the heck out of Dodge.
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:42 pm

Not quite faster than light, Phoenix tries to dodge just a bit late, and feels the force of the beam as it hits him- but he recovers quickly, and now knows what he's fighting. Still lacking any superior means to destroy the craft, he can at least damage it from here. It only takes him a brief moment to line up his shot, before running at the hovercraft. Leaping in the air to give him some more distance, two knives flash as he throws them, striking the contact point between the craft's body and the nearest pod. Once he lands, he stops, watching both the craft, and the roof for any sign of its owner.


Initiative:
17
Combat:
Minor:
[-2] Combatives (Rush for the Kill) - Minor Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d6 damage to target creature
Target: Craft
Roll: 3+6=9 damage

Standard: Gather Energy
[+1] Ready Up (Stalk the Kill) - Standard Action (Self)
You are dazed until the start of your next turn. You may take an additional standard action on your next turn. You cannot use this Power two turns in a row.

HP: 85
Pips: 2 (We start with 3 right?)
Status: Dazed until start of next turn

So nothing from our own Air Support?
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:50 am

Ash stands by the hostages and watches Yuri and Maiden chase after the heisters. "Not exactly a clean getaway. Amateurs." She hesitates for a moment, then kneels beside the hostages. "In-person banking. Not worth the trouble, is it?" she says as she releases whatever bonds they may or may not have. "Least you didn't put your money in bitcoins."

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:15 pm

Through their comm links, the League heard the transport's pilot patch in, "We're trying to limit how much they know of our presence but I'm gonna give their hovercraft a little push.  Hoping to either pin it down or get it to retreat to open air so we can better handle it without threat of collateral damage since we've got the police and the hostages to be concerned with."  Another beam hit Phoenix but he soon saw the hovering platform carreen away from the bank.

Outdoor OOC:
Phoenix takes 10 damage. [attack - Pod A]



While the hostages quietly thanked Ash and started moving towards the door, Iron Maiden's blow knocked Hammer out cold, causing Wall to retaliate by unsuccessfuly striking her with the bag of money.  In the calamity, Yuri managed to snatch the safe deposit box out of Staticaster's magnetic grasp.  Jumping back, she angrily shouted, "I will NOT be beaten by some janitor! Box them!"  Wall formed a cube around Yuri and Hammer, Staticaster activated an antigrav unit in her boots, then she flew off carrying Wall with the cube floating behind them.

Indoor OOC:
Iron Maiden takes 10 damage. [attack - challenge reaction - Wall]
Yuri suffers Weakness 20 while in the cube.

Since the question will be asked, yes KOing Wall will disable the cube.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:28 pm

Iron Maiden bounced back up and only stopped to see the rest of the villains still moving. Without pausing she spun around and smacked Wall back as hard as she could.

Turn +status:
[
[+2] Righteous Rage (Bloody Rage) - Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Pay 5 Adrenaline. If you do, deal 6d6 damage to target creature.

Paying, and smacking Wall hard.
6d6:1, 4, 6, 2, 5, 4

Deal 22 damage to Wall

Is Staticaster a valid target for Avenger's challenge? If yes, I use it on her, if No, I use it on Wall.

HP:39
Energy:3
Adrenaline:4
Status: Normal
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:31 pm

"However you wanna play it, Big Bird*. I just don't want it hanging around ready for Static's getaway." Phoenix keeps track of where the craft is headed, and drops into a more neutral stance. "Get clear, I'm gonna light it up." Focusing, he feels his energy ripple through his body. Instead of letting it build, though, he forces it, trying to eke out as much power as possible. He can feel his body tense uncomfortably, a slight twinge of pain in the back of his skull, but it works. A gust of flames erupts from around him, and swirls into the air. Thrusting both hands forward, Phoenix directs the torrent of fire up and toward the hovercraft- bashing it with thermal energy, and encasing it in flames, heating it to volcanic levels.


*No callsign for the transport makes it awkward to communicate, so I made one.

combat:
Had to come up with a way to justify damaging himself, as it would have been improper to have him be able to use his Tank Buster attack so early. Anyway.

1st Standard
[+3] Knife Fight (Double Edged Sword) - Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d8 damage to target creature and 9 damage to yourself
Target: Hover, Roll: 5+1=6

2nd Standard
[-5] Torrential Inferno (Lightning Storm)- Standard Action (Attack, Burst)
Do each of the following:
-Deal 1d8 damage to up to two different target creatures.
-Deal 1d10 damage to up to two different target creatures.
-Deal 1d12 damage to up to two different target creatures.
You may choose different pairs of targets for each effect.
Using Nova Feature to have all instances of the damage target the hover craft.
Rolls: 1d8=3, 1d10=9, 1d12=8
6+6+9+9+8+8=40

Total:6+46=52 damage to hovercraft (A crit would have been nice), 9 damage to self
HP: 66
Pips: 0
Status: None
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:57 pm

Despite being slammed against a wall of a cube and dragged away, Yuri was still focused and settled. "They really appreciate you." He murmurs, uncertain of whether he's talking to Hammer or the safety deposit box. He felt warm, like he was radiating heat, but...inside, he felt cold. It was a starkly familiar feeling. He suddenly placed it.

This was how he had felt at the dawn of the 50th hour of his trip through the tundra. It did not last, and it did not end well. It shouldn't have happened after so little exertion.

While making an effort to conserve his burst of strength, he pulls at the safety deposit box, trying to force it open and grimacing as he fails.

OOC:
So as you may have seen:
Might Check:8+8=16, no dice.
And I've been forgetting to save against my own illusion. I was going to roll multiple saving throws, but
1d6=6
instant save. I lose 10 HP and gain 2 energy. This is one of those rare situations where I'm unhappy with that.
HP: 37
Energy: 5
Status: A little worried about retaliation...
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:22 pm

As the powerful flames washed over the hover platform, it suddenly flew straight up into the sky. "I'm on this.  You see if they need help inside."

Outdoor OOC:
The floating platform is currently out of range.  Communicators are fuzzy but still connected.




Iron Maiden's attack on Wall sent Staticaster careening through the air. "Unfortunately for you, I have such good memory..." She dropped wall, causing his cubes to disapate, shot powerful electrical bolts towards Iron Maiden and the safe deposit box, then rocketed down the hall even faster than before.  Wall scrambled to his feet and took up something akin to a boxing stance as he eyed Yuri and Iron Maiden.  "Despite what she says, there's nothing wrong with being a janitor."

Indoor OOC:
Wall is "bloodied".
Yuri no longer suffers Weakness.
Iron Maiden takes 40 damage.
Yuri has a choice: He may let the bolt hit the box or try to dodge.  Failing the dodge (Reflex DC 20) means Yrui is hit instead.  Passing means he dodges out of the way.
Ash may choose to join the fight, give chase, or perhaps take a third option.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Yuri would not have been able to dodge the bolt a few minutes ago. He could have shielded the box, certainly, but judging from the individual sparks that were licking over Iron Maiden right now, he couldn't imagine that it would be pleasant. As it was, though, with his new-found energy, he had ample time to hook a foot under Hammer and toss him into the bolt's path before charging at Wall, clocking him in the face with the metal box before wrapping his arms around the man's head in a makeshift wrestling hold.

OOC:
So fortunately I didn't need my magic point earlier, so I can use it here to avoid the bolt.
Reflex=9+4=13+10=23

Then on my turn I'm using Grapple on Wall.
2d6=3+6=9 damage

HP: 37
Energy: 4
Status: A-okay
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:17 pm

Despite the pilot's suggestion, Phoenix knows his role and stays on the roof, instead opting to find out what's going on through the comms. "Static's getaway car is dealt with, how's it going for you guys?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:28 pm

"Staticaster should not need a vehicle, as fast as those boots hers are." Yuri grunts in response, twisting to get a better grip on Wall. "I have hit a bit of a wall here. She should be heading for an exit so she can take to the skies. Not certain which side. Be ready to intercept her."
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:36 pm

While Iron Maiden was resistant to a lot of things, electricity wasn't one of them and she fell to her knees. Vaguely, she heard Phoenix's voice in her ear, but couldn't respond. Still, she could do some things. Iron Maiden lurched over to Yuri and Wall, and used her what strength she had left to knock him down.

Turn+Status:
Ouch. If it wasn't for my armor, I'd be down. As it is now...

[-3] No Kill Like Overkill - Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 5d8 damage to target creature. For every 2 damage you dealt more than the creature’s remaining life, gain 1 Adrenaline.

5d8:6,7,8,3,6

Deal 30 damage to Wall.

Not activating the Crit, cause I really don't need more damage right now. ( totally switching when I can)

I will, however, use Avenger's Challenge on Wall

HP:9
Energy:0
Status: Help.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Ash sees the last of the hostages out and turns her attention back to the fight. She watches Staticaster bolt away and, the germ of an idea forming in her head, bolts towards Yuri while he grapples with Wall. "Hey, muscles, I need the box," she says and, with deft hands and just a bit of coaxing, she attempts to slip the safe deposit box out of his hands.

Dexterity check:
13+10=23

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:08 pm

Yuri knocks his head into Wall's, giving him a moments respite to shift his grip, so the box isn't vital to his grapple, then lets go.
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:55 am

Ash grabs the box and takes off down the hall. "You two keep the Tweedles here busy. I'll deal with Alice." She chases after Staticaster, waving the box above her head for a moment before tucking it safely under her arm. "Yo, Flying V! You want this thing or what?

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:51 am

"Well can you at least give me a direction? Front, back, or roof?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Without uttering a word in response, Staticaster nonchalantly tossed a sparking orb behind her which exploded in a small burst of electricity.  She continued rocketing down the hallway towards the back exit Phoenix had been previously guarding. Meanwhile, Wall stopped attempting to escape, only exerting enough physical effort to lessen the chokehold. "Whoa, ease up man. I surrender!"

OOC:
Ash takes 40 damage. [attack - Staticaster]
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:55 pm

"Back exit." Yuri says into his comm, loosening his grip on Wall slightly. "And that." He says quietly to Wall. "Is what it feels like when somebody starts chatting with someone in the middle of a fight." He slowly lets him out of the hold, tensed and fully expecting a sucker-punch. "Iron Maiden, I need you up and running again." He says, his voice...resonant. Powerful and uplifting. Iron Maiden still hurts, but the edge of the pain is completely forgotten, almost blocked out by an idea: She needs to be back on her feet and moving again.

OOC:
Using [-1] Divine Vitality - Standard Action (Healing, Single)
Target creature gains 3d10 life and may make a Saving Throw.
On Iron Maiden: 3d10=9+1+9=19 HP

and Withering Blade on myself.
HP: 37
Energy: 2
Status: a-okay
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum