The League [IC]

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon May 18, 2015 12:25 am

"Probably something quick, we do need to get going as soon as we can." Phoenix reminds himself, then quickly scans the menu. "Double Steak burger and a vanilla shake sounds good." Phoenix hands back the menu and looks around again. "So what can you tell us about any illicit deals that may or may not be going down around here?" He asks bluntly, more as a probe for a reaction than persuasion. He'll leave the actual interrogating to Maiden.

I seem to have forgotten what we're actually here to find out, but I know they sent Phoenix as backup to Iron Maiden, so she should be handling most of the talking.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat May 23, 2015 12:02 pm

The server glanced around briefly, then said, "A lot of types come through here but I heard about Wall and Hammer getting busted today. Past few weeks they've been talking to a guy in a dark grey hood. Thought nothing of it at first but his face isn't just covered, it's obscured by...something. Didn't connect the dots until today but a few other nobodies he's talked to have also been getting bolder. He always sits at that farthest corner over there if you need to investigate. Don't know if you'd find any evidence, though. Oh, uh...what did you want with your order miss?"

As Yuri and Ash casually observed the Science District, nothing seemed to react to their presence. All was quiet, save for the dutiful hum of machinery...
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce on Sun May 24, 2015 2:13 am

Ash lead Yuri further down the street, occasionally pointing out distinguishing features on nearby warehouses or speculating on what kind of dubious research might be happening inside them. As they walked, her comments gradually became softer, shorter, less frequent, her movements more subtle, her distance from Yuri greater, her very form less distinct and easier to overlook. Slowly, by imperceptibly tiny degrees, she faded into the background, until eventually she disappeared entirely, so subtly and quietly there was no difference between the moment of her absence and the instant before.

Stealth:

Activating Stealth Mode.

15+10+15=40

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun May 24, 2015 5:18 am

Yuri didn't notice Ash's disappearance as much as he accepted. He had known it was coming, after all, and it was comforting to see that the basics still had merit in the modern age.

He made a few right turns and began meandering back in the direction of the over-charged warehouse. Ash would contact him on their short-range comms when she needed to. Idly, he wondered if she intended to leave him outside and do everything herself. It would not be surprising, but he suspected that things could not possibly go so well that she wouldn't need a distraction to cover her escape. So there was that, at least. Still, he'd have to talk to her, at some point.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce on Sun May 24, 2015 1:33 pm

Ash returns to the warehouse of interest and skulks around the exterior, searching for any potential entrance points.

Perception:

1+6=7

Geeze, how hard can I possibly fail at looking at a building?

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon May 25, 2015 12:52 am

"I'll have the clam chowder and a chocolate shake. Iron Maiden said decidedly. Once the waitress left, Iron Maiden said. "Guy dressed in dark grey cloaks, huh? Sound familiar to you?

ooc:
Knowledge check on Grey cloak guy (Tell me if I'm making these checks too often)
8+10+5(if applicable)=23
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed May 27, 2015 11:59 pm

"In our line of work? That's like every other one of Anderson's interns. We'll need more than that." Phoenix sits back considering if he knows anyone specifically. "I'm sure the shrouded face thing is a cool trick."

Assist check, Knowledge: 12+5=17
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:28 pm

The description seemed quite familiar to Iron Maiden...in that it described any number of anonymous reports of criminal activity. However, there was something about the hidden face. It might be worth pursuing that angle a little harder because it was quite unique.

OOC:
Now that Ash is invisible, I need some sort of action on her part as far as changing direction to shake off watchers or perhaps testing security.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:27 pm

"Yeah, cloaks are standard, but actually keeping the hood up and the face hidden? Less common. If it's a power or tech trick, it might narrow things down." Iron Maiden took a long drink of the complementary water, thinking. " Let's go talk to the guy with the knife before he accidentally stabs himself."
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:55 am

Ash doesn't see any entrances other than the front way, and she fails to come up with any crafty, unexpected alternate routes. She decides to head up to the roof and check for entrances up top, but it occurs to her that she might have to sneak Yuri in at some point, so she does another pass around the building to check for security or surveillance measures.

Perception:

2+6=8

oh come on

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:04 am

"Implying...." Phoenix says, suddenly twirling his own knife. "After you." He stands up and follows her over toward the table with the other other knife guy.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Not seeing anything of interest in her initial pass, Ash climbed on the building in search of a possible hidden entrance. She didn't see anything...but she felt the roof start to shift. As if it were about to open...

SCIENCE DISTRICT OOC:
Acrobatics DC 25

The guy in the black leather jacket switched from levitating his milkshake to levitating a Bowie knife. The blade was roughly ten inches long and the hilt had a sapphire in the center. He looked directly at Phoenix and Iron Maiden as they approached, then coolly redirected his attention to his fangirls.

SUPER FILLING OOC:
I didn't know what mjh6 meant by the guy with the knife. I'm assuming she meant the guy levitating the shake so I just rolled with that.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:07 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
SUPER FILLING OOC:
I didn't know what mjh6 meant by the guy with the knife.  I'm assuming she meant the guy levitating the shake so I just rolled with that.
*Soda

Phoenix strolls up to the table, smirking at the extravagant knife. "Excuse us ladies, do you think we could get a word with your severely overcompensating boyfriend?"
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:09 pm

"Or, you could worry about your own girlfriend.  Be a shame if she were snatched from your arms by my irresistible charms."  His accent was something vaguely French as he smirked and took a sip of his drink.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Years of practice not falling off of things kick in and Ash leaps back before she even realizes what's happening, landing precariously--but, for the moment, safely--on the very edge of the roof.

Acrobatics check:

17+10=27

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:07 am

Iron Maiden suppressed the urge to roll her eyes at his "charm". Maybe he just wasn't her type, but come on. "You know what I really like in guys? Those who can provide good info on demand. And don't require an audience."
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Ever so casually, the leather jacketed telekinetic waved his hand to dismiss his admirers. "So what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

Ash cleanly leaped out of the way as a section of the roof cleanly folded inward. Two men dressed in riot control gear and wearing jet packs rocketed out of the building. One was heading north and the other south.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 am

"Investigations. And general purpose Super Heroing." Phoenix replies, crossing his arms. He leaves it at that, allowing Maiden to take the lead with the questions.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:32 am

After noting where the jetpacks were heading, Ash leans in towards the roof to try and get a glimpse at whatever is inside the building before it closes up.

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:43 pm

In the brief glance Ash was able to manage, she saw a lot of machinery, including something that looked similar to one of Staticaster's hover platforms.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:16 am

When the hatch closes, Ash tests it with one foot to make sure it won't pop open under her weight, then steps on and searches for any way to open it, as well as any other potential access points on the roof.

Perception:

6+6=12

Can't I get one good perception roll?

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:52 pm

Search as she may, Ash was unable to find a way to access the building from the roof. However, she heard several guys rush out the front door. Yuri could see they were dressed like the two who rocketed off and were doing a perimeter search.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:14 pm

As soon as Yuri spies the fast-moving men, he darts into an alleyway and walks with purpose, trying to keep out of any one line of sight for too long. "People suddenly seem very interested in leaving the building." He says over the comm-link, rather conversationally. "Now that there are less of them around, would you like me to make a distraction by trying the front door, or should we follow these agents to their destination?"

Spoiler:
stealth check:18+8=26
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:09 pm

"Let's split the difference," Ash says, climbing down off the roof. "You shadow our spooks, I'll see about getting inside their shack." Ash could feel herself falling back into phase with the world around her, but she had some time yet before she regained her usual, slightly-less-tenuous relationship with reality, so she walked right up to the front door and tried to figure out if she could force the lock or even just kick the thing open.

These seem like the relevant checks:

Stealth:
15+10+4=29

Perception:
6+10=16

We haven't been too specific about time but I figured this is probably about where my stealth should start fading.

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:54 am

"Well, first off, we'd like to know if you've noticed anything about a guy who sits in that corner." Iron Maiden nodded to the corner the waitress had indicated. "Got some above average skills in hiding his face beneath a cloak? Hangs out with a few guys going by Hammer and Wall?"
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top