The League [IC]

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:36 pm

As Ash looked over the door, it had a surprisingly basic lock despite all of the tech running into the building.  It should be fairly simple to pick.

The telekinetic scoffed at Iron Maiden's question, "Wall & Hammer are a bunch of nobodies.  They've gotten a little tougher but I could beat them both without breaking a sweat.  As far as the recurring mystery man...why would you like to know?"
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:11 pm

"Sounds fine." Yuri says, glancing out of the alley and finding the troop of gunmen, following cautiously.

Spoiler:
Actually, I think I need two checks:
Stealth, for obvious reasons: 1d20+8=20+8=28. Well then.

Perception, because I have a question: How many of them did I see the first time, and how many of them are there now?
Perception: 1d20+6=12+6=18.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Phoenix rolls his eyes in boredom. "How about, take like 5 seconds to think about why two Leaguers would be after some shady guy recruiting henchmen. It seriously can't be that ambiguous, can it?"

Persuasion, gonna try to get him to move this along and just tell us.
Oh right, no Persuasion skill.
Well if he's still uncooperative after this move I have a move or two that might dislodge him.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Ash looks over the door, contemplating her next move. The lock is too simple, too obvious, she thinks; it's practically an invitation, or maybe a dare. Either way, they have to expect someone would pick the lock... so what wouldn't they expect? Ash looks over the door one more time, pushes on the space underneath the lock to test for give, then raises her leg. If she can hit just the right spot, the door should...

Might:

6+8=14
welp

...buckle slightly and completely fail to pop open.

"Well that's embarrassing," Ash mutters, feeling the subtle yet profound existential tug of her form snapping back into focus. She sticks her hands in her pockets and looks around again, trying to find any sign of a security camera. They had to know she was there now, or at least they'll be certain to investigate the sound of someone trying to kick down their door. And when they do, well, she'll just have to improvise.

Perception, AGAIN:

6+3=9
this is turning into a running joke

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Arching his eyebrow, the leather jacketed telekinetic sat up a little straighter. "You're part of the League? Well, that changes things a little. I don't know his name but those two clowns aren't the first. They're just the only ones to attempt anything noteworthy and the ones he's been around the most. There's been other nobodies he's talked to but I haven't seen them in here since. Hmm. Didn't realize that until now."

Hearing the kick to the door, Yuri saw the six men turn their attention back towards the warehouse. One held his position while waving on the other five to rush towards it, armed with glowing stun batons that were beginning to charge with a very audible whine...
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:24 pm

"Yeah, we've gisted that much. How often does he come in, and when might we be able to have a word with him?
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:12 pm

"5 of them are coming back to you. I believe distractions were always my place in this, yes?" Yuri watched the shifting bodies for a moment, considering things. He had now seen a helicopter and ground troops exit the building. It was unlikely that they were going to the same place, their speeds were too different. Were the men here for them? He could think of few other intentions. In any case, the rear scout's purpose in this case was to call in backup if the situation went awry, hm? Given that derailing things was more or less the current plan, the course of action was briefly clear.

He wove through a few streets and came behind the waiting scout, preparing to strike...

Spoiler:
I swear we've had a similar discussion before, but what should I roll for a silent knockout/takedown? I should note that my most recent stealth roll was a natural 20, so I can only hope that bleeds into this.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:12 pm

"Do what you want, but let's try not to distract too hard just yet," Ash said, casually walking away from where the guards would be coming, strolling along the side of the building like it was the most natural thing in the world. "I was hoping their business outside would take priority, but if they're scrambling we might as well wait and see how they deal." She turned the corner into the alley and it wasn't just natural, it was unremarkable, unworthy even of notice, so familiar and insignificant that you'd probably overlook it even if you were trying to find it. Once again beneath notice, Ash scaled the warehouse wall, crawled around to the front, and perched herself above the door.

Stealth:

15+10+3=28

when was the last time I had a good roll

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down