Crystal Symphony

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Crystal Symphony

Post  Senshuken on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:40 am

Sliver couldn't help but sigh a little, nodding his head in understanding. "I know the feeling. My elder sister and my dad drew the short straw when it came to taking time off in Manehatten because so many of their co-workers wanted to come to the Crystal Empire. My little sister is currently studying for an exam... and I'm not sure what's happening with mum. So yeah, looks like the two of us aren't going to be seeing family for a while."

Watching the 'drone' go off laughing at the actions of his queen, Sliver couldn't help but chuckle a little but as the chuckle died away his smile seemed a little... strained. "I fully agree. The two of you are absolutely knock the house down. I just wish the writers would either hurry up and decide if they want me singing or not." It was a rather sore note with Silver that as of yet he wasn't going to be singing at all during the performance. While officially two of the biggest problems in the way was A) Finding somewhere in the script to put a song to begin with and B) The fact that for most of the play Shining Armor was pretty much the thrall of the Changing Queen, Silver had his own theory as to why a song had not been created for the Prince.

After taking a second to clear his throat, Silver tried to remember how Shining Armor had sounded like during a public appearance he had heard the stallion talking at and attempted to alter his voice a little in order to mimic what he had heard. "Well I can't afford to be worried. All I can do is go out there and be the best Captain of the Guard and future groom I can be while sweeping the crowd off their hooves just as I swept Cadance off of hers." Silver gave Raising Star a playful wink before looking around for a moment for a glass a water. All he needed was to bust out his make up and wardrobe suitcase and he would show the Changelings how to replace a leadership figure.

Persuasion: Mimicing Shining Armor.:
Roll(1d20)+17: 1,+17 Total:18... Natural 1.

The Show must go on! (This is Whining!) (3) – 1/Day Interrupt
Trigger – You roll a natural 1 on your Expert skill.
Effect – Treat the check as though you had rolled a natural 20.

And like that, that nasty Natural 1 becomes a Natural 20.

Perception: Looking for glass of water.:
Roll(1d20)+9: 15,+9 Total:24

Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:28 pm

No rooms? Oh. Oh dear. Oasis looked a little crestfallen at that. She hadn't thought of that. There would be a lot of ponies coming to this event, so it made sense that the inns and hotels would fill up fast but Oasis had not really thought on that. There had to be at least one place available with one room in all the Crystal Empire there though, right?

The singing mare's gabbing went on though, steering the conversation in a completely other direction. She was planning on touring everywhere? Just so everypony could hear her? Judging from her friend's reaction she seemed more in love with her own voice than anypony else could be. It was just... ugh...

“I uh, mind if I join you?” Oasis trotted after the Door Kicker, “I'm feeling a little peckish myself.”

And I want to get away from the black hole that is that mare! Oasis wasn't saying it out loud, but her urgency and uncomfortable expression said it all.
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Lark tried and failed to suppress a smile. Yes, she was the special effects expert and not the star, but it was still nice to be appreciated. "Stand back, everypony!"She called out. Once she had enough space, she activate her special flying contraption, as she often did for greater manuverability during Blitz's concerts. Once they were in working order, she hovered in the center of the area, fiddled with her box and turned it upside-down.

For a second, nothing happened. Then, the box beeped twice, and a fully-built stage dropped onto the ground with a thud. Once it was out, Lark flew over the stage, checking it over, and taking more bits of equipment out as well, and fiddling with them. And so in a few minutes, the stage was completely set up. Well, almost. Resisting the urge to yell Taa-Dah, she flew over to the Princess and blitz. "The Lightning Organ itself is a bit too delicate and complex to carry in such a manner, so it will still be a few minutes.

ooc:
Activating the Spellchild Dazzing wings( here's where being a Pegasus would have come in handy, and prepping all of Larks ability's, just in case.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Bonham moved back to the cart and lifted his radio to his mouth.
"Alright Boss, tell me when and I'll get that Organ set up. Special Effects uh...Lark? I'll need some help with the wiring."
Spoiler:
Once cleared by Blitz Load's Father (GM) use Building Mastery (Fabricate) to assemble the organ with help from the rest of the crew.
Building Mastery (Fabricate) (3) – 2/Day
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds  
You convert up to (Your Level × 30) cubic feet of material of one sort into a product that is of the same material. Thus you could fabricate a wooden bridge from a clump of trees, a rope from a patch of hemp etc. Creatures or magic items cannot be created or transmuted by the Fabricate talent. The quality of items made by this spell is commensurate with the quality of material used as the basis for the new fabrication, thus using rotten wood for construction would result in a rotten wooden bridge. You must make an appropriate skill check as if you were crafting the item by hoof to fabricate articles requiring a significant degree of craftsmanship (such as well-crafted weapons or a catapult).

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:25 am

Once again, Blitz knew a cue when she saw one. She powered up her own wings, zipping up towards the sky a good distance over where the Organ was to be.

From there, she began a controlled descent. If everything was timed right, she would be landing right into her spot on the Organ just as it was finished getting put together. It would make Lark and Bonham look really awesome, which, by extension, would make her look awesome...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:59 pm

The small group of ponies stared as the instrument was assembled, but their attention was quickly diverted away from the roadie and the special-effects pony and more towards the Pegasus hurtling towards the device. For a second- the briefest of seconds- Cadence suddenly looked nervous, even guilty, her wings flaring tensing.

She shouldn't have worried, of course; Blitz parents... well, they were concerned, but it was a familiar and reflexive kind of concern, rather than genuine fear. Sure enough, Bonham put the organs structure into place- with some minor adjustments from Lark- just before Blitz landed.

The crowd gathering around them looked curious or excited, but the broad grin and excitement on Crystal-Princess Mi Amore Cadenza's expression dwarfed all of it.

(So you succeeded with the above; congratulations. Every eye in the courtyard is now trained on Blitz in the Lightning Organ; I'm guessing the support crew have backed away, though feel free to change that if I'm wrong.)

"Refreshments? That sounds wonderful," Whisper announced. "I suppose it's too much to ask that the train staff do their jobs... Can you bring me back something sweet? My throat is so dry."

(So, you know how above there were lots of posts because players were able to talk to each other without me as an intermediary? Now it's your turn for that- mostly, at least. Feel free to role play, talk to each other and so on without waiting for me to respond each time.)

There was a jug of water nearby; the management of the musicals took care of it's performers, particular those as talented as Silver Tongue. As much as Rising Star changed her affect, it didn't come close to matching his talent.
Really, the only one who did was the unpleasant mare playing Cadence, but then, it was very much up for debate how much of what she did could be considered "acting".

"... We should really hate you," Star finally said, shaking her head. " You're going to make the rest of us look like school fillies doing our first heartwarming eve play."
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:06 pm

Blitz Load didn't merely land.

With a flair born of a (short) lifetime of showing off, she came down hard on the cloud where lightning would be plied at her hooves; as she hit, the first note of the Ironherde's intro song rang out like a hammer against a bell as the electric symphony began.

She didn't play the whole song, of course - just a few bars to warm up and check the pitch (It wasn't perfect, but close enough that nobody else would notice or care). She dearly wished she could sing along - but no way was anyone going to hear her over the energetic lightning bolts. Mommy and Daddy had promised they would work on it - but for now, the guard ponies would get over it.

Once finished, she held her forehooves out to accept the applause. ((Safe assumption there is some?)) She whispered into a piece on her vest: "Someone ask Princess Cadence if she has a song she wants."

Persuasion:
Performing!

Result: 1d20 [1] = ...

...NO. I refuse.

This is Whining! (3) – 1/Day Interrupt
Trigger – You roll a natural 1 on your Expert skill.
Effect – Treat the check as though you had rolled a natural 20.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Bonham hopped off the back of the stage with a complete lack of Flair and walked up to one of the guards.
"Can you ask the Princess if she has a request?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 pm

"Yuuuuuup-" Door Kicker drawls, as he lets Oasis exit first, the shuts the door firmly behind him. "-Nooooooooope. She'll be lucky if she sees me again before we get there."
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:31 am

Deciding to drop the Shining Armor voice for the moment, Silver Tongue carefully took his glass of water and held it up before answering one of his more favored co-stars. "For what it is worth, I believe you make an absolutely fantastic changeling queen. If it makes you feel any better though, there is a rather nasty little razor blade hidden within the fairy floss that is this role." Raising his free hoof in order to draw attention to the background screeching of self importance and narcissism, Silver allowed a mock pained expression appear on his face as he continued "I have to convince an entire crowd of ponies, royalty and everyone else that buys a ticket that I'm head over hooves in love with that. You get to play a strong and interdependent female who is confident in her sexual appeal who also gets a kick flank song to go with the part; I would swap with you in a heart beat if it wasn't for the potential controversy that doing so could cause because you get to have a lot more fun with your role then I will be having with mine."

His words of wisdom parted, Silver started to sip his glass of water and waited to see what the reaction would be.

Persuasion:Making Raising Star feel better about herself/Inspire her.:
14,+17 Total:31
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Grateful to be out of that car, Oasis heaved a sigh of relief, holding a hoof to her chest for a moment as she did so.

"I think I would be most grateful myself if I did not have to encounter her again,"
Oasis muttered with some agreement.

Turning to face herself towards Door Kicker, Oasis tilted her head a little bit.

"I'm fascinated that you have been able to tolerate her, she seemed somewhat familiar with you."
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:26 pm

The courtyard in front of the palace isn't where one would choose to hold a concert. The acoustics aren't great, and there isn't room for a real crowd.
These considerations vanished in the face of Blitz' performance, as the ponies who were there stamped and cheered wildly, and the music drew more passers by to the event.

The music might not have been to everyone's liking- certainly, some (often crystal) faces seemed less enthusiastic than others- but even they seemed prepared to let themselves be swept up in the moment.

The guard who Bonham addressed approached the princess... but before he could speak, a sudden charge of power filled the air. It took a moment for the audience to recognise it, but despite the fact that Blitz had stopped playing, her last note still hung in the air, thudding and thrumming.

Except...
Except it wasn't in the air. It was in the ground beneath their feet, rushing through the crystal canopy and buildings around them like blood through a body, converging on a singular spot, housed at the centre of the courtyard.

The crystal Heart.
It spun beneath the columns of crystal, and with each rotation, the note that coursed throughout those crystals grew. At last, there was a sound- part thunder boom, part roaring guitar, as light surged outwards, then raced up the tower to discharge into the sky.

"A song," Cadence finally said, looking at Ironherde with a broad, almost childish grin. "I'll have to think about it. How about you perform it tonight at the opening ceremony?"

(Make over! Temporarily, at least, and nothing major. Remember at the end of the Crystal Empire, when the power of the crystal ponies led to a temporary new coat and mane styling for the mane six?
Think that. But more in line with Ironherde-style of music.

...Oh, and the festival thing. While everyone has been gathering to the empire, and already setting up shops and stalls, things haven't "officially" begun yet. Traditionally- and according to the fliers promoting it- the festival is opened by the royal family, and their choice of musicians. Which is now you.)

As Oasis spoke, there was a flash of light outside the window, an explosion of magic lighting from the top of the distant crystal empire.

A moment later, the train, slowly ,begins to move.

(Still role play, of course, just...letting you know you aren't stranded in the middle of nowhere anymore.)

"That's... Yeah. I mean, like I said, Chrysallis is really fun to ham up, and I'be got a great model to base her off of. But hey; it's not like she's going to be there to compliment me on how well I did. Shining Armor is. Not to mention any pony who is any pony. They're all gonna want to know who was playing the prince; it's going to be you're big break."

There was a small cough to the side.
"She means our big break," Show Stopper said, ignoring Rising and speaking directly to Silver.. Despite her earlier fit, she seemed to have calmed down a little; possibly by getting her own way with the scene. There was a nasty chance that the flower girl wouldn't be back on stage after she got her ice cream...

"I mean, it is going to be our games on top of everything, isn't it Silver," she added, stepping closer to him. She opened her mouth to speak again, when the room suddenly shook, and a wave rushed through the room. The would-be Cadence barely regained her footing, and started about, probably looking for some pony to blame.

And then noticed the looks she was receiving.
What? What?"

(Tou got hit by the same metal-wave that Blitz launched at the beginning of this. I pictured Show Stopper ending up decked out like an 80's Glam Rocker... but I'll leave her humiliating mane cut and style to you.)
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 pm

The train wasn't already moving? Or were we still stopped from the explosion?

Door Kicker is about to respond when the flash catches his attention. He looks out the window at it, scrutinizing, opens his mouth to say something, then thinks better of it. Turning back to Oasis, he continues on. "Yeah, well, I work for her, so tolerating her is the first bullet point for my paycheck."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Oasis couldn't help but stare with amazement at the explosion of light in the distance. Door Kicker seemed to be at least as dumbfounded as she was, so she felt some confidence that this was not a common thing to expect.

"Ah, yes, I suppose that would fit things then,"
Oasis glanced back at the door to the car where the diva still resided, and was most likely still complaining, "And I suppose some things are not worth all the bits in Equestria to do."

Oasis looked back to where the flash had been in the distance.

"Goodness, this has been an exciting trip so far,"
she mused. At least the train seemed to be up and running again, that was definitely good.
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:49 am

"Well, I may or may not be scheming my way out of having to put up with her anymore. Lots of musical talent going to this thing, I may be able to 'go find a drink' for good, and slip away with a new band." Door Kicker says, continuing on. "Door Kicker, by the way. DK for short, or 'Dooooor!' if you're an intolerable harpy."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:10 am

Blitz Load stared in awe as her song of thunder exploded through the sky, her jaw dropping with the realisation that she had done that.

She managed to tear her gaze away to look towards the Princess, and was equally surprised.

"You turned all sparkly!" she squeaked. "And your mane! And where'd the black vest come from? And the boots, and all the belts, and-and-eeeeeee!" she said, bouncing up and down (But not hard enough to make more lightning bolts).
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:55 am

"Hehe, I do not believe I will be using that latter address," Oasis chuckled, before putting on a more serious face and bowing her head, "I am Shimmering Oasis, but Oasis is sufficient. It is pleasant to make your acquaintance Door Kicker, despite the previous company."

When she looked back up, Oasis studied Door Kicker curiously, pondering this pony who seemed to, at least temporarily, tolerate that singer for his paycheck.
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:29 pm

It could have been considered a display of acting talent in an of itself that when Silver turned towards Show Stopper with a somewhat neutral expression. "Ah Show. I'm glad to see that you seem to be feeling better."

Before the conversation really had the chance to take off, the room shook and a wave of some sort of light washed over the room. Blinking his eyes in order to clear his vision a bit at the sudden light show, Sliver felt the familiar weight of make up on his face and an unfamiliar weight of clothing covering different parts of his body. Reaching up in order to check out what he suspected was a hat, he noticed that his front hooves were covered by glass 'gem' covered gloves. Removing his hat, he quickly discovered that it matched his new found gloves..

Returning his hat to his head and turning towards Raising Star, he smiled at her as he asked "How do I look?" before the sound of a panicking Show Stopper caused him to look towards her...

He had not been expecting the sight before him, but he managed to contain his amusement by snuffing out his laughter with a great deal of effort. "Show Stopper, you might want to go back to your room and check yourself out in the mirror..." Silver suggested.
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:02 am

The thing that interested Lark the most about the makeover was not the sudden styling of her blonde mane, or the studded lever jacket that replaced her work vest. No it was the change to her wings that was the interesting part.

When she designed the wings, she had practicality in mind more than everything. As much as she would like to stand out, she was part of the stage crew, and her job was to blend in, so the winds were sturdy, but uninteresting flaps, vaguely shaped like butterfly wings. Now... they were more. They were shining steel, curved and graceful, but coning to points that gave it a harder edge, and definitely butterfly wings. And despite how stylized they were, as Lark hovered and tested their capabilities, they seemed just as sturdy and functional as before.

Lark wasn't sure about the rest of the makeover, but she dearly hoped that the wings stayed the same. It felt nice to be "cool" even if it was only a small bit.

ooc:
For the record, the wings now look like this You can thank or blame Crystalite for the image. Also, this is now the in-universe explanation for why the Wings provide a Persuasion boost.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:33 am

"And you." Door Kicker nods and continues up the train, not really taking notice of her studying him. Instead, he focuses on looking for either a few empty seats, or the nearest drink cart. "So what do you do for music stuff? Just listen to it, or do you perform, too?"
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Bonham couldn't stop himself from grinning despite his confusion at the changes to his vest (changed to a shirt with an intricate cross design on it), Sunglasses (shrank and became much more circular) and leg-bands (turned to black leather and sprouted noticeable spikes and studs). He switched on his radio.
"This uh...the first time this has happened Lark?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:32 pm

"Well, I definitely like listening to it, but I'm not exactly a musician," Oasis smiled as she followed after Door Kicker, "I am a student of the art of dance. I'd been honing my craft in my homeland, but when I heard about the anniversary in the Crystal Empire, well... I thought it might be a chance to experience some other sorts of music, other sorts of dance."

Oasis kept her focus on Door, somewhat enjoying some conversation after spending most of the train ride either to herself or with the brief bout of putting up with Whisper.

"What about you, 'DK'?"
Oasis asked, trying out the shortened name on her tongue, "Are you a singer like your -- eeeh -- former acquaintance?"
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:45 pm

"Ha, no. I'm also... well, sort of a dancer. Background dancer. It's my job to jump around behind little miss sunshine back there all choreographed and whatnot, make her look better." Despite his dry, casual tone, Door Kicker is a bit embarrassed having to define his job to a REAL dancer. "Probably nowhere as cool as what you do though. But, I know being a good dancer takes more skill and effort than being a singer, so that's cool."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:46 am

Lark had been testing her new wings a bit more, doing some flying and swooping, when she heard Bonham's question . "Nope, never. I really have no idea how that happened. Pure magic isn't really my area of expertise"
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:28 pm

"Hehe, whether or not I'm good, I can say I at least enjoy it. Magic or mundane, Whether it's letting the rhythm of another's song flow through me, or letting my inner rhythm into the world, it is what I live for."

Oasis glanced outside the car for a moment, watching the snowy landscape rush by for moment before looking back to Door. His tone seemed level, but at least he didn't seem to be humoring her as he had been doing with Whisper.

"Would you perhaps be willing to take the time to swap some moves, if you do not find employment in the near future? I am very interested in learning but I would not wish to learn the tools of your trade without giving something in return," Oasis asked, somewhat hopeful.
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top