Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiction ideas

4 posters

Go down

Fiction ideas Empty Fiction ideas

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:29 pm

So, I had two ideas for pony fiction, and was wondering if you guys would mind tellingly what you think.

The first is an AU, deviating from canon when Celestia fought Luna; instead of banishing her to the moon, the Elements of Harmony turned Nightmare Moon into a statue, Discord-style.

As a result, the "old" ways aren't forgotten; Noghtmare Moon isn't just an old mare's tale that ponies don't believe in; Discord is regarded as a real creature, rather than a symbol; Sombra is the Pony of Shadows haunting the Everfree Forest, and the Crystal Empire is regarded like a real Atlantis.

At the same time, Celestia isn't quite loved so much by her subjects. This isn't a Tyrant Celestia setting, but having a garden of pony statues is unsettling. Whether the rest of the statues are just statues takes on a different tone when the pony populace knows for a fact that at least two of them are -or were- living creatures.

I figure the cast would be more Canterlot based, though I don't have a Mane Six in mind yet- besides Moondancer. There's also the question of Nightmare Moon breaking free, since Discord needed the CMC to do it; I figure Nightmare Moon wouldn't be the catalyst for bring the Sux together so much as a long-term threat, one who is forced to watch as Celestia "replaces" her with Cadence, and now Twilight.
---

The second fiction is a comedy. The Mane Six go missing, kidnapped by forces unknown; in response, the Princesses mobilise the military to hunt for them.

In the middle of all that, the Mane Six Parents decide to take matters into their own hooves.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Fiction ideas Empty Re: Fiction ideas

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 pm

There are as many AUs as the days NMM was banished to the moon... but if you can put it together and finish it, then by all means. But, when I used to read fics frequently, a quick comedy was always more entertaining and refreshing than a serious, drawn out epic, so I would say do that one definitely.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:27 pm

TheCavalry wrote:This isn't a Tyrant Celestia setting, but

I dunno, that kinda sets off alarms. The only thing that interests me in the first story is that Moondancer would be in it. The second one is a fair bit more interesting. It also doesn't mean you can't have surprise twists and turns.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:51 pm

TheCavalry wrote:...but having a garden of pony statues is unsettling.
Fiction ideas 1000px-Sculpture_garden_and_labyrinth_overlook_S2E01
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Idea: Sailor Moon vs. Nightmare Moon. Moon fight. Probably been done, actually.

Part 2: Nightmare Moon recruits and/or corrupts other villains to become Nightmare versions of other planets, Sailor Scouts vs Nightmare Planets.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down